Release Date: TBA
    Studio: The Weinstein Company
    Director: Kevin Smith
    Screenwriter: Kevin Smith
    Starring: Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson, Rosario Dawson
    Genre: Comedy
    MPAA Rating: Not Available
    Official Website: Not Available

Plot Summary: Kevin Smith plans to make his final feature film "Clerks III." Jeff Anderson and Brian O'Halloran played Randal Graves and Dante Hicks in the original 1994 "Clerks." A pair of young slackers working minimum wage customer service jobs, they reprised their roles for a short-lived animated series and then returned to the big screen in 2006's "Clerks II."
    Last edited by Necro; 01-26-2014 at 02:00 AM.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Re: Clerks III (TBA)

As a fan of Smith's work and specifically the Clerks films I think I'm okay with this... Especially if they get Rosario Dawson back as her character from Clerks II. She's a slamming hottie.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

People (and I think Smith too, but I can't remember right) were talking about how this going to back to B/W and low-budget redeems Clerks, but I call bullshit on that. The original was that style pretty much because that was all Smith was able to do, so it made sense for Clerks II to look nicer and aim higher with the larger cast, popular music, dance number and cameos. Hell, even the cameos were within Smith's means because they were all his friends.

I don't think it's necessary to try to do the style of the original, it makes it seem like Clerks II was a failure. I find it a much funnier movie overall and more emotionally engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    People (and I think Smith too, but I can't remember right) were talking about how this going to back to B/W and low-budget redeems Clerks, but I call bullshit on that. The original was that style pretty much because that was all Smith was able to do, so it made sense for Clerks II to look nicer and aim higher with the larger cast, popular music, dance number and cameos. Hell, even the cameos were within Smith's means because they were all his friends.

I don't think it's necessary to try to do the style of the original, it makes it seem like Clerks II was a failure. I find it a much funnier movie overall and more emotionally engaging.
    Agreed.

There's no need at all to revert to black and white.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I'm a HUGE Kevin Smith fan lol I mean HUUGGEEE!!! and I'm happy to see Kevin's final movie will take place in the Askewniverse. I definately think it's fitting for his Movie Directing career to end where it Began with Dante and Randal. I would love to see Rosario Dawson return. But I also hope Scott Mosier Returns as Producer, I hope David Klein shoots it as well and I'd like to see Lisa Spoonauer, and Marilyn Gighlioti(I know I probably Misspelled that lol). As well make it a true Clerks Reunion. Another thing I hope for is when it comes out on DVD is that there is a Cast Commentary Track because Kevin Smith does the best DVD Commentaries in the History of Film lol.

Oh, Hamburgers!

Status

i just can't believe Clearks 2 was SIX YEARS ago. damn that's crazy.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Kevin Smith Started Writing Clerks III at 4:20 this Morning

Kevin Smith is moving forward with plans to make Clerks III his finale movie. He posted on his Facebook page that he has started writing the third film:

"THE BEGINNING OF THE END
    20 years ago today, we started shooting CLERKS.
    20 years later, with no plan or provocation, I jumped out of bed at 4:20 this morning and started writing CLERKS III.
    It's been like hanging out with old friends.
    And after 2 hours of tapping the keys and giggling, I have come to a conclusion...
    CLERKS III will be the best film I'll ever make."

Jeff Anderson and Brian O'Halloran played Randal Graves and Dante Hicks, respectively, in the original 1994 Clerks. A pair of young slackers working minimum wage customer service jobs, they reprised their roles for a short-lived animated series and then returned to the big screen in 2006's Clerks II.
    Man I'm a sucker for Clerks. I'm so fucking innnnnnnnnn.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

4:20.

Smith's such a smart-ass.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

So news has come out that the love of my life Rosario Dawson will be back for the third film. Oh hell yes!

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Clerks III Moving Forward as Financing is Secured

Although he's currently working on the second chapter of his "Great North Trilogy" with Yoga Hosers, Kevin Smith has revealed that a return to his "View Askewniverse" is finally moving forward as Clerks III has secured financing! Smith made the announcement on the latest episode of his Hollywood Babble-On podcast (via /Film).

"'Tusk' was the absolute bridge to 'Clerks III,'" says Smith. "Because of 'Tusk,' I got my financing for 'Clerks III'. A year and change ago I was desperately trying to get 'Clerks III' made for the 20th anniversary... I must have reeked of [desperation], because I couldn’t f–ing find money and s--t. But it was 'Tusk,' with people going ‘Holy f–k, what else do you have?’ I was like, 'Clerks III!' and they’re like. ‘Done!’ Everybody that’s like, ‘He failed, he failed!’ I’m like, ‘Thank you, I failed into Clerks III!’"

Jeff Anderson and Brian O'Halloran played Randal Graves and Dante Hicks in the original 1994 Clerks. A pair of young slackers working minimum wage customer service jobs, they reprised their roles for a short-lived animated series and then returned to the big screen in 2006's Clerks II. It's a pretty safe bet that they'll be back on the big screen for this trilogy capper (at one time planned to be Smith's very last film).
    It's OVER JOHNNY!

Kevin Smith: NOTHINGS OVER!!

Be Prepared For Hell

Status

Oh man Clerks 3 is FINALLY happening! Hope its worth the wait.

I'd love another Dogma too.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

No shock I remember plenty of interviews during the promotion of Tusk, Smith clearly saying he's waiting to finish this project to get started on Clerks 3. Now when it comes to the story, where will the characters go?

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Bout FUCKING!!! Time :D :D can't wait to see it.

Thread Information