Thread: Orton:Heel run coming?

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Hell in a Cell Orton:Heel run coming?

When Orton returns from his dislocated Shoulder which I heard from PWI Insider from the recently taped Tribute to the Troops, should he come back to Smackdown and go back to the boring gimmick, WWE has given to him.Some Wrestlers are just more confident more as Heels than Faces and I never truely was into Orton as a babyface.I thought he was more known as a heel that even goes back to his days feuding with Undertaker and papa Orton on Smackdown.Remember at one point, Orton on Raw as WWE Champion tearing apart everyone who came in his way.I know Orton can reach that level but I think WWE should let go of the reigns on Orton, but WWE is afraid he's such a popular guy, they are not sure if they have someone on Smackdown to take his spot what are you thoughts on the future of the Viper?

On Vacation

Status

Re: Orton:Heel run coming?

Sheamus can easily take his top face of SD over from Orton, he is probably already the top face anyways. I think making Orton a heel would be good, it would also give another legit opp. to Sheamus for a good feud maybe going into a WM match between the two for the WHC.

Simply The Greatest

Status

I can see Orton turning heel because he isn't going anywhere at the moment. It's a waste, really. I know they're still pissed about the steroid suspension but he shouldn't be losing to mid-carders on Smackdown out of the blue. I could see a heel Orton vs. Sheamus at Wrestlemania if Sheamus is not in the title picture.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Orton needs a heel turn really bad. I'm so bored of him,and I miss Orton being heel.

Maybe more role changes will come soon? one face turn that already happened, ADR who is in consideration, and Mark Henry who sort of teased it. I really hope they follow through with it. I also hope they will wake up and realize they are more stale people(both faces and heels) that needs a change as well and change them soon.
    Last edited by mzwwechick; 12-15-2012 at 11:21 PM.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Sheamus vs Randy Orton with Orton being uber heel and Sheamus being a serious face would be really good. Sheamus is being groomed as a "Cena of Smackdown" imo so it would be a cool feud, don't know where that would leave Ziggler though...

Jobber

Status

Honestly i don't look forward to a Randy Orton heel turn. He is just like Cena an idol for the kids, so turning him heel would be bad, because after he defeated almost all the heelas from this company, you can't really see him now allying with them. And he won't be really credible. THe Best Heel Orton was the one from 2007 and 2009, IMO, anyway

Indy Talent

Status

Really and truly Randy Orton's best heel run with the WWE was late 2008 into 2009 but he got stale after his match with Triple H at WrestleMania 25. To be fair that match was awful, the table spot didn't come off well and it was a terrible finish. When Orton had the punt as a finisher it made him look more threatening, since that has been shelved he's looked less meaningful. If Orton could get back the edge he had in 2008/2009 I would be all for him turning heel.

I am the Outlaw

Status

He needs a change, that much is obvious. He is still one of the best wrestlers on the roster but he's not been booked in anything interesting since he returned from suspension. As he is only has one strike left it appears they're never going to push him as a top guy again because they see it as too much of a risk. He's been producing good matches but his feuds have been pretty lackluster of late. I think turning him heel may be a good idea with this in mind, as it would freshen him up a lot and give him an actual angle, plus it wouldn't be as much of a risk as pushing him as a face. If the worst came to the worst, it would be much easier to write out a heel at short notice and wouldn't be as big of a loss to the product in the short term.

I'm not quite sure how I'd turn him, but it's the only thing I can think of to make him interesting at this stage. He should definitely be a stand alone heel though, as I think we've seen enough of him in heel stables over the years.

Also completely disagree that he's an idol for kids in the same way Cena is. He is fairly popular and I'm sure some kids like him a lot, but the two are in no way comparable. With the likes of Cena, Sheamus, Ryback etc as the top faces in the company at present, I think they can afford to turn Orton, especially as he's never going to be pushed back to the main event as a face.

I've been accused of being a lot of things, inarticulate ain't one of them

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by Blancone View Post
    Honestly i don't look forward to a Randy Orton heel turn. He is just like Cena an idol for the kids, so turning him heel would be bad, because after he defeated almost all the heelas from this company, you can't really see him now allying with them. And he won't be really credible. THe Best Heel Orton was the one from 2007 and 2009, IMO, anyway

Dude, he is getting boring to watch. Hell he is even looks bored himself. He needs a change.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

I think this turn is coming as soon as he comes back. Why?

Del Rio just turned face! so Orton returns as the heel, is my own guess.

Thread Information