Thread: How would you book the Shield?

On Vacation

Status

How would you book the Shield?

What direction do you think the WWE should take with this new group?

Who would you like to see each of them face and start feuds with?

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: How would you book the Shield?

It's kinda hard to figure out where the WWE would go with this new group but personally I see Ambrose as the singles star of the group and have Rollins and Reigns be a tag team

I'd like to see Ambrose start off with a feud with someone like Randy Orton start him off on top with a feud with a Main eventer like Orton while you have Rollins and Reigns dominate the Tag Team division and eventually feud with Team Hell No

but that's just how I'd do it I'm sure someone will come along with a better idea

Formerly Chuck Norris

Status

First off I would keep them away from the tag team division UNLESS they dominate it and they get time. Don't make them tag champs then make 3 minute matches and no defences like Otunga/McGillicutty, because that really hurt both guys, especially McGillicutty who now has really come into his own. Ambrose should be the one to go ahead and have the big feud, mainly because A) He's most complete out of the three and B) Reigns needs the best wrestler with him because he's weak in the ring.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

Have them join Heyman and Punk. Heyman goes to revel that this was all apart of a mega group being assembled consisting of: The Heyman guys.

- Brock Lesnar
    - CM Punk - WWE Champion
    - Big Show - World Heavyweight Champion
    - The Shield (Reigns, Rollins and Ambrose)
    - Paul Heyman - Manager

Looks like a jam packed stable to my liking.

During WrestleMania build up. Brock goes to feud with Undertaker. Punk feuds with Austin (depends if their match is official) and Show feuds with Orton and Sheamus. The Shielf win the titles and defend them in a tag team match against Rey and Sin Cara. Dean Ambrose goes to feud with Mick Foley. The stable get beaten in all their matches and end up being split and dissolve after WM29.

Aftermatch of this night sees, Punk turn face, Big Show still feuding with Orton/or Sheamus. The Shield dissolving and all three members going their separate ways with new gimmicks and on different shows. Heyman not appearing anymore on television and becoming head writer. Brock on hiatus for the rest of the year.
    Last edited by BackBone; 12-04-2012 at 04:35 AM.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Dean Ambrose goes to feud with Mick Foley.
    Knew someone would say it sooner or later.

Long story short, I'd book The Shield as a solid, cohesive unit, fighting for honor. Of course, they usually twist the word 'honor' into something it's not, thus attempting to justify their attacks on superstars in their own way. Slowly phase out the run-in attacks until it becomes a special thing for them, something they only do when they feel someone has truely spat honor in the face. Build them up as a huge team with wins over major and minor teams, perhaps win the tag titles a few times. Keep them together until, say, mid-September of next year, then let one of the mid-card titles enter the scene. The trio eventually split through this, having sucessfully built each wrestler into their own seperate being in doing so.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 12-04-2012 at 05:13 AM.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

Simply The Greatest

Status

The logical next step, which is where I assume they're heading, is to do The Shield vs Orton & Team Hell No at TLC. The logical finish is Bryan getting pinned per the usual, unless they made it a tables match. From there, they should stay in the mid-card for a little while. They rushed The Nexus into big matches, and nobody bought any of them as a remote main eventer, except for Barrett to some extent. And it ended up hurting them in the long run. Nobody should be in the main event picture in their first year with the company, except for an extreme rarity like Ryback.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    uk=United Kingdom

I didn't realize Ryback has been in the WWE for such a short time, actually I'm pretty sure he was part that Nexus group of mid-carders you mentioned. He's just been repackaged since he was injured so he doesn't sound like a Kangaroo from Yorkshire. His uncanny likeness to Goldberg has only helped his progress and growth in popularity, until he got his 'feed me more gimmick'

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I was thinking all the people who they have attacked would team together for a match against the the shield,brad maddox,punk,and whoever else for a huge match.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Best Around View Post
    The logical next step, which is where I assume they're heading, is to do The Shield vs Orton & Team Hell No at TLC. The logical finish is Bryan getting pinned per the usual, unless they made it a tables match. From there, they should stay in the mid-card for a little while. They rushed The Nexus into big matches, and nobody bought any of them as a remote main eventer, except for Barrett to some extent. And it ended up hurting them in the long run. Nobody should be in the main event picture in their first year with the company, except for an extreme rarity like Ryback.
    the funny thing about the nexus is the guy who got hurt (ryback) and the guy who got fired (Bryan) are the two biggest stars from the nexus. And barret was the leader thus he is the semi star

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Am I the only one here with crazy thought with Roman helping The Rock (or maybe all three help The Rock)? Its funny how they bring one of The Rock's family members who happened to be in developemental to the main roster with Cm Punk's match with The Rock just right around the corner. Interesting....

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by mzwwechick View Post
    Am I the only one here with crazy thought with Roman helping The Rock (or maybe all three help The Rock)? Its funny how they bring one of The Rock's family members who happened to be in developemental to the main roster with Cm Punk's match with The Rock just right around the corner. Interesting....
    No, if they did that it would be so stupid. The Shield are obviously a heel faction and they have been brought in to stop the heel CM Punk from defeating the legend The Rock at Royal Rumble? Makes no sense. You can't turn The Rock heel now, he has that legend status which prevents it and who in their right mind wants to only see The Rock for about 3 months of the year and boo him? Makes absolutely no sense.

Curtain Jerker

Status

actually the rock has been face during his return so it would make since. The kids who have seen the rock ask their parents who is he. So a heel rock would sell more than a face rock. The shield could have benn brought to aid the rock WIn the title. His cousin Roman and the shield could be bringing it out to the ring while rock is doing his movies.
    Last edited by ThePerfectionJ; 12-09-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Just Monika... or Yuri

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

In a near future Raw or Smackdown, I'd have them interfere in a Miz match, only for the Miz to have predicted that they would, then Kane would rip a hole through the bottom of the mat and Team Hell No would appear to aid Miz. The two factions would brawl it out, with Miz and Hell No overpowering them, causing two of the Sheild to retreat into the crowd, leaving one member (doesn't matter which one) in the ring to get triple-teamed. The three men then take him backstage and interrogate him in a dark room, to find out what their motives are, who they're working for, etc. At first, the captive is resistant, and able to stay silent despite the beating Kane inflicts. Eventually, Miz and Bryan hold the man against the wall while Kane, sporting bolt-cutters, threatens to cut off his balls. The guy gives in and reveals that they're being employed by none other than WWE Legend Michael Tarver! The crowd's reaction rivals that of Hogan's heel turn at Bash at the Beach '96. The commentary team lose their shit!

Tarver then enters the room and single-handedly destroys Hell No and Miz. He helps up the battered and bruised Shield member, who has to lean against the wall to support himself, and who is thankful to his employer for saving him. Tarver, however, says, "I shouldn't have had to come to your aid. You were never to reveal who was pulling the strings. You have failed me." He then picks up Kane's bolt cutters and castrates the man. Tarver then stares menacingly into the camera as the show goes off the air.

Sway

Status
      Country                    xx=Not Telling, Black Flag

I think the whole thing is a repackaging of Aces and 8s.
    http://www.facebook.com/lethalcontactwrestling

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by ThePerfectionJ View Post
    actually the rock has been face during his return so it would make since. The kids who have seen the rock ask their parents who is he. So a heel rock would sell more than a face rock. The shield could have benn brought to aid the rock WIn the title. His cousin Roman and the shield could be bringing it out to the ring while rock is doing his movies.
    Except that it was proven in the Cena feud that despite the children booing him, the parents remember The Rock and cheered for him. He would need to do something criminal to turn heel. Can you honestly say that if the shield had something to do with The Rock, that those same adults would not be cheering for The Rock? Rock is too big and too infrequent to be a heel now, it's the same as trying to make Undertaker and HBK heel. It just wouldn't work...

Status
      Country                    United States

Have they even mentioned the fact that Roman is related to The Rock? I think they'd probably bring it up if it was going to come into play.

That might be giving WWE too much faith, but I'm just saying.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

WC Hall of Famer

Simply The Greatest

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Team Aspen View Post
    I think the whole thing is a repackaging of Aces and 8s.
    Wait what? How? Aces & Eights are a bunch of masked jobbers (with two revelations that were beyond pathetic). They just attack people with hammers for no reason and then job when they wrestle. The Shield on the other hand have stated their purposes and are actually doing things besides punches, kicks, and hammer shots.

Just Monika... or Yuri

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalmatic View Post
    Have they even mentioned the fact that Roman is related to The Rock? I think they'd probably bring it up if it was going to come into play.

That might be giving WWE too much faith, but I'm just saying.
    His character's last name is Reigns. They should make him a distant relative of Luther Reigns.

Thread Information