Thread: 2012 Ongoing Pay Per View Of The Year Discussion

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

2012 Ongoing Pay Per View Of The Year Discussion

What have been your favourite Pay Per Views of the year?

When the black man talkin

Status

Re: 2012 Ongoing Pay Per View Of The Year Discussion

WWE Extreme Rules definitely stands out again this year. Great pay-per-view headlined by two legitimate MOTYCs with Cena/Brock and Sheamus/Bryan and several other very good matches.

Can't think of anything that comes close.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

EC deserves an honorable mention as it was a great event. But I have to go for WRESTLEMANIA. HIAC, PUNK/JERICHO, ROCK/CENA. Plus many more great matches.

~Phenomenal~

Status
      Country                    England

Extreme Rules is the WWE ppv of the year. Night of Champions would probably be the 2nd best show, but Extreme Rules had two legit MOTYC on the show.

I'll likely be voting something NJPW based because I enjoy them top to bottom more than any WWE/TNA/other show this year.

If you like Chikara, apparently Chikarasaurus Rex was damn good.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Very unlike me, but I will definately be nominating TNa's Slammiversary. Just so so fun to watch, from Aries vs Joe through to Roode vs Sting and a definite TNA MOTYC in the Styles Daniels tag to boot.

Extreme Rules is obviously up there, as would Wrestlemania if it wasn't for Sheamus Bryan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Truthfully Duke I probably did a boner at times. I took School after I was held back in the 3rd Grade seriously maybe too seriously at times. I wished I would of enjoyed it a bit more. I think my path is still being made to be honest.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall

WAKE UP

Status

I could see the arguement for a couple TNA PPVs actually, but I think having my two US MOTYs is enough for Extreme Rules to get it from me.

NJPW's Dominion was pretty damn awesome.

Status

I'm going with New Japan's 10/8 Ryogoku show.

HOSS MOD

Status

I did love Chikarasaurus Rex this year...but really, it's gotta be Extreme Rules. Just a very strong show from top to bottom.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Extreme Rules with Chikarasaurus Rex in a pretty second.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

CM Punk Mark

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Either Extreme Rules or maybe the recent NJPW iPPV (if that counts). To be honest its been kind of a weak year in PPV as nothing stands out.

ಠ_ಠ

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    NJPW's Dominion was pretty damn awesome.

Pretty much. This is coming from a guy that absolutely hated the result to the main event(Same can be said about EC though).
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

WAKE UP

Status

the sudden NJPW fanboyism on the board is baffling

How is it fanboyism when more people are just watching the product? This always happens whenever a new company gets attention from the board. Remember the huge changes that happened after the WS/WC merge? Suddenly, indies were being voted on besides just WWE and TNA.

WAKE UP

Status

It's just extremely weird for me to see people gushing over NJPW in 2012. I will try to explain and put it into context, so I don't come off as too much of an elitist douche (hopefully).

I have been watching Japanese wrestling since 2006 (which was probably the last great year for it), and have been on other boards with people who also watch it. I mean the majority of major Japanese wrestling companies, not just NJPW. To me, and the vast majority of those people, the consensous is definitely that Japanese wrestling is in it's worst year ever and current NJPW is nothing great, especially in comparison to years gone by. NJPW hasn't really been a great company for in-ring stuff in about a decade. Most of the people here gushing over it wouldn't know about that, so the novelty of exploring something new is still there and they don't have anything to compare it to, other than WWE/TNA/ROH. Not that I am against people enjoying stuff or expanding their horizons, if anything I am in favour of that, I just don't get the overwhelming love for some of the stuff.

To make an anology you'd understand, it'd be like if you saw someone going nuts over Freddy's Dead without seeing any of the first NOES films.

-----

I watched the main matches on the PPV bar the main even (I know, I suck). I enjoyed Sakuraba and Shibata squashing Inoue, but didn't think Okada-Anderson and Goto-Nakamura were anything special.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    de=Germany

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    the sudden NJPW fanboyism on the board is baffling
    When I remember my Wrestle Kingdom thread with probably 3 replys, I personally love this new-found love. The more people who watch Japan instead of the US, the more people watch good wrestling instead of mediocrity. Educate the masses!

Given that, I vote for the latest NJPW event as well. And Tanahashi/Suzuki was probably my favorite match this year.

Isn't it possible for someone who has decent knowledge of Puro to find 2012 NJPW entertaining? I can't say I'm as knowledgeable in Puro as you, but I've seen enough of the major guys (Misawa, Robinson, Jumbo, Hashimoto, Kawada, Kobashi, Liger, Brody, ect) to feel as if watching NJPW in 2012 isn't my first glimpse into Puro. I think it's just a bit unfair to accuse people of having two beliefs - A) you like current Puro solely because you don't know what's good or B) You know Puro, so you have to be unimpressed with current Puro.

Maybe the novelty of watching a company where you're learning about new guys and angles can help an enjoyment, but you can look at the opposite way as well. Perhaps you're a bit burnt out on current Puro because you've been watching too much over the years.

*Edit* Oh and don't even joke about people raving about Freddy's Dead.

WAKE UP

Status

Isn't it possible for someone who has decent knowledge of Puro to find 2012 NJPW entertaining? I can't say I'm as knowledgeable in Puro as you, but I've seen enough of the major guys (Misawa, Robinson, Jumbo, Hashimoto, Kawada, Kobashi, Liger, Brody, ect) to feel as if watching NJPW in 2012 isn't my first glimpse into Puro. I think it's just a bit unfair to accuse people of having two beliefs - A) you like current Puro solely because you don't know what's good or B) You know Puro, so you have to be unimpressed with current Puro.

Maybe the novelty of watching a company where you're learning about new guys and angles can help an enjoyment, but you can look at the opposite way as well. Perhaps you're a bit burnt out on current Puro because you've been watching too much over the years.

*Edit* Oh and don't even joke about people raving about Freddy's Dead.
    No, it's not that I don't get people enjoying it, it's that I don't get thinking it's amazing. I don't think your average run-of-the-mill NJPW mid-card match is significantly better than your average RAW or Smackdown match that gets longer than 5 minutes. I didn't think Okada-Anderson or Goto-Nakamura were any better than your weekly Sheamus vs Barrett match, despite them having clean finishes.

I probably am burnt out, which is why I am extremely apathetic towards it and have taken forever to watch a match as hyped as the main event. But part of it is also like, "if you guys think this is good, _____ will blow your socks off".

Anyway, I'd stand by Extreme Rules as my pick. 2 really great matches and a really rock solid undercard.

CM Punk Mark

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

I thought the iPPV was pretty awesome its just it was so long. But you are right we have nothing to compare it to aside from WWE/TNA/ROH. Still thought it was one of the best this year.

THE 559

Status
      Country                    Ireland

While I enjoyed Extreme Rules tremendously (four very good matches) but my god Slammiversary it is for me.

Austin Aries versus Joe was fantastic as was Styles/Angle versus Daniels/Kaz. Roode versus Sting was very enjoyable and surprisingly Anderson/RVD/Hardy was very, very watchable. Even Hernandez and Kash was good for what it was and got a good reaction from a good crowd.

On top of that we had the feel good moment of James Storm ending Crimson's streak and we had a finish to the amazing Ray/Parks feud.

Thread Information