Page 1 of 106 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Puro Discussion Thread

WAKE UP

Status

The Official Puro Discussion Thread

It'll probably just be me talking to myself, but bleh I'm bored. I'll update this with all news and results from the major companies in Japan and give a little insight into them for those who are interested. If anyone has any questions regarding puro I'll be more than willing to help.... I may also throw a match review or two in here at some point.

AJPW "FLASHING TOUR 2008", 28.09.2008 (GAORA TV)
    Yokohama Bunka Gymnasium
    4,500 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. Masanobu Fuchi & Manabu Soya beat Nobutaka Araya & Nobukazu Hirai (9:01) with an Inside Cradle from Fuchi on Araya.
    2. Shuji Kondo beat Hiroshi Yamato (8:23) with a King Kong Lariat.
    3. Osamu Nishimura & Kaz Hayashi beat NOSAWA Rongai & TAKEMURA (8:07) with a Backslide from Nishimura on NOSAWA.
    4. TARU, Zodiac & "brother" YASSHI beat Joe Doering, Seiya Sanada & Phil Atlas (13:56) when YASSHI pinned Sanada after a Revolution Bomb from Doering, who then turned heel and aligned with the VooDoo Murderers.
    5. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Naomichi Marufuji beat Ryuji Hijikata (c) (25:30) with a Pole Shift - New Champion.

6. Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & KAI beat Taiyo Kea, Minoru Suzuki & MAZADA (24:20) with a Lariat from Kojima to MAZADA.
    7. Triple Crown: Great Muta beat Suwama (c) (24:52) with a Moonsault Press - New Champion. After ther match Minoru Suzuki attacking Muta.

Joe Doering joined the Voodoo Murderers.

Marufuji winning the Jr heavy title is er.... interesting. Probably bad for All Japan to have their junior ace lose it to an outsider who can't decide wether he's a junior or a heavy, but hopefully it leads to a working deal between NOAH and All Japan. Suwama losing to Muta (who is also the IWGP Champ) is pretty fucking lame. Muta doesn't need the belt at all and Suwama is future star of the company. Match was probably shitty too.

NOAH “GREAT VOYAGE 2008 IN OSAKA”, 9/27/2008 (NTV/G+ LIVE)
    Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium
    3,300 Fans

1. Akihiko Ito beat Takashi Okita in 7:27 with a Dragon Suplex Hold.
    2. Masao Inoue & Genba Hirayanagi beat Mitsuo Momota & Masashi Aoyagi in 12:33 after Inoue used an inside cradle on Momota.
    3. Yoshihiro Takayama, Takuma Sano & Takashi Sugiura beat Mitsuharu Misawa, Yoshinari Ogawa & Atsushi Aoki in 16:20 after Sano used the Northern Lights Bomb on Aoki.
    4. Jun Akiyama & Takeshi Rikio beat Akira Taue & Akitoshi Saito in 11:55 after Rikio used the Muso on Taue.
    5. Takeshi Morishima beat Katsuhiko Nakajima in 9:05 after a Backdrop suplex.
    6. Special Tag 2/3 Falls Match: KENTA & Taiji Ishimori beat Naomichi Marufuji & Ricky Marvin 2 falls to 1. Fall 1 was Marufuji over KENTA in 9:53 with the Pole Shift. Fall 2 was KENTA over Marufuji in 9:16 with an arm-height Octopus Hold. Fall 3 was Ishimori over Marvin in 13:27 with a modified cross armbreaker.
    7. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Kotaro Suzuki (c) beat Yujiro & Tetsuya Naito in 21:18 after Kanemaru used the Touch Out on Naito to retain the titles.
    8. GHC Heavyweight Title: Kensuke Sasaki (c) beat Mohammed Yone in 16:58 with the Northern Lights Bomb to retain his title.

Rikio and Akiyama appealed for a Tag Titles match with Bison and Saito after match 4.
    Predictable results, but Sasaki/Yone sounds like a lot of fun. Ditto to the 2/3 Falls tag match.

Sand in the potato salad.

Status
    very interesing that AJPW gave Marufuji the Jr. Heavyweight Title.
    A NOAH/All Japan relationship could be interesting

Oh Muta..-_-

Sasaki/Yone could be fun, same goes for the 2/3 falls match

I basically said everything you did..but I agree :\

WAKE UP

Status
    Yush, it's apretty agreeable result.

ZERO1 "ZERO1 SPIRITS 2008", 27.09.2008
    Sapporo Teisen Hall

1. Osamu Namiguchi beat Yusaku Obata (9:37) with the Deluxe Bomber.
    2. Nunchaku Libre: Hiroki beat Chiharu (3:42) by Referee Stop.
    3. Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Koji Yoshida beat KAMIKAZE & Shito Ueda (14:32) when Takaiwa used a Lariat on Ueda.
    4. Chick Fights SUN: Saki Maemura besiegt Hikaru (12:30) with a Cradle.
    5. ZERO1 vs. GBH: Masato Tanaka & Daisuke Sekimoto beat Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma (16:20) when Tanaka used the Sliding D on Honma.
    6. International Jr. Heavyweight Title: Ikuto Hidaka (c) beat Guido Maritato (12:15) with the Iwami Silver Mine (3rd defense).
    7. Hokkaido Special Tag Match: Shinjiro Otani, Atsushi Onita & Tetsuhiro Kuroda beat Kohei Sato, Minoru Fujita & Takuya Sugawara (15:26) when Otani used the Spiral Bomb ong Sugawara.
    Damn, Guido lost. :/ Not that he was ever going to win, I really hope some of his matches on this tour make it to air, I'd love to see some Guido/Hideka akshuns.

Last Real Man Hype

Status
    Guido's in Japan?

Mark The FO

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status
    I want to see Hidaka/Guido. NOW.

WAKE UP

Status
    Burning vs Kensuke Office - 8 Man Survival Tag~! - Wrestling Society Forums

Burning vs Kensuke Office - Survival Tag Match
    Not really a review, but meh. This is a heck of a match right here. It goes on for about an hour but theres hardly any drop in pace or action. I thought it would all just be filler until the inevitable Kobashi/KENTA vs Sasaki/Nakajima rematch, but no, everyone in this match works hard and puts on a really good performance. KENTA (who starts the match and takes it all the way to the very end) and Nakajima absolutely steal the show. I had forgoten the result to this so they had me guessing right to the very end. This is easily in my top five matches of the year so far and an easy MOTYC, far better than the first Kentas vs KO tag match. If you can stomach an hour long wrestling match, I garantee you won't regret watching this.

News

First matches for the next NOAH announced.
    NOAH, 10/25/2008 (NTV/G+ LIVE)
    Tokyo Nippon Budokan

1. Naomichi Marufuji vs. KENTA
    2. GHC Tag Team Title: Akitoshi Saito & Bison Smith (c) vs. Jun Akiyama & Takeshi Rikio
    They could have KENTA win the belt off Danielson and do a Champ vs Champ match, but I hope not. Garbage team to lose their belts plz

Next All Japan card announced

AJPW, 10/11/08 (GAORA TV)
    Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Nobutaka Araya & Elvis Sharpe vs. Nobukazu Hirai & Shane Chung
    2. KAI & Hiroshi Yamato vs. NOSAWA Rongai & MAZADA
    3. Ryuji Hijikata vs. TAKEMURA
    4. Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo vs. TARU & "brother" YASSHI
    5. Keiji Muto & Osamu Nishimura vs. Seiya Sanada & Manabu Soya
    6. Akira Raijin Last Evaluation: Suwama vs. Akira Raijin
    7. AJPW World Tag Team Title: Taiyo Kea & Minoru Suzuki (c) vs. Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan
    Nothing really of interest apart from Raijin's last match before he goes to TNA.

Status
    Smith and Saito are gonna lose the belts, I heard Bison signed with TNA

WAKE UP

Status
    Seriously?

Whats up with TNA signing Japanese workers at the moment?

Sweet Meat

Status
    I guess they want more diversity, which is only a good thing minus the lack of time.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KenTheKiller View Post
    I guess they want more diversity, which is only a good thing minus the lack of time.
    yeah, except Bison Smith is American

Sweet Meat

Status
    It's still a diversity. Not in race but in talent.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

WAKE UP

Status
    Bison Smith and talent don't exactly go hand in hand.

3 NOAH 27/9 matches - Wrestling Society Forums

Three matches from this week's show. Nakajima/Morishima is short but sweet fun. It's pretty much what you want between these two... 10 minutes of Nakajima kicking Morishima, and Morishima getting mad about it. Hardly must-see but fun. The Juniors tag match was also pretty good. It's a bit lengthy, but the action is really good and it's enjoyable. What shocked me about it the Ishimori/Marvin stuff was just as good as the KENTA/Marufuji stuff. I'm not keen on Marufuji using the PoleShift as often as he does, I prefered it when it was just a special move he only busted out when he had to. Sasaki/Yone was pretty bad, just kinda boring and not much going on. Yone got his nose busted open and attacked Sasaki on the ramp but that's about everything worth mentioning. Hopefully they book a better opponent for his next defence.

Don't believe I've posted this yet, but it's the next New Japan show and it's pretty fucking stacked....

NJPW "DESTRUCTION '08", 10/13/08 (WPW/PPV)
    Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Minoru & Prince Devitt (c) vs. Yujiro & Tetsuya Naito
    2. Jushin Thunder Liger, Koji Kanemoto & Tiger Mask vs. Jado, Gedo & Low Ki
    3. Togi Makabe, Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Satoshi Kojima , KAI & Hiroshi Yamato
    4. Masahiro Chono & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Manabu Nakanishi & Yutaka Yoshie
    5. Hirooki Goto vs. Giant Bernard
    6. Chain Death Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Takashi Iizuka
    7. Zero-ONE Heavyweight Title: Yuji Nagata vs. Masato Tanaka (C)
    8. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Keiji Muto (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Every match makes sense and I want to see almost all of them when they surface. Goto/Bernard CAN'T fail. Kinda hoping Nakamura wins the title back, but I wouldn't mind them leaving it for someone else. I'm hoping against hope Tanaka retains.

Status
    2. Jushin Thunder Liger, Koji Kanemoto & Tiger Mask vs. Jado, Gedo & Low Ki
    7. Zero-ONE Heavyweight Title: Yuji Nagata vs. Masato Tanaka (C)

O_O

ಠ_ಠ

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KillSteve View Post
    This match is a classic and one of the best matches this year. Easily a MOTY without a doubt and all fans will love this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Curtain Jerker

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Bison Smith and talent don't exactly go hand in hand.
    How very true

I'm not keen on Marufuji using the PoleShift as often as he does, I prefered it when it was just a special move he only busted out when he had to.
    I'd like to say it's old style kings road booking with rare moves becoming regular before the next crazy finisher is brought out. That might be giving them too much credit though

. Hirooki Goto vs. Giant Bernard
    Want...just...want.

. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Keiji Muto (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
    So not holding out for a TC - IWGP unification match?...lol

WAKE UP

Status
    This match is a classic and one of the best matches this year. Easily a MOTY without a doubt and all fans will love this.
    Glad you agree~! :D

The finishing stretch between KENTA and Nakajima is the most incredible peice of wrestling this year.

I'd like to say it's old style kings road booking with rare moves becoming regular before the next crazy finisher is brought out. That might be giving them too much credit though
    Ah, that is true. Hadn't thought of that, but yeah it makes sense even if that style is almost non-existant these days.

So not holding out for a TC - IWGP unification match?...lol
    Haha, Mutoh vs Muta would, er, be "interesting" I guess.

ಠ_ಠ

Status
    KENTA was the star of the match in my opinion. He SOLD his ass off and had one of the best performances I have seen this year. The whole match is fucking spectacular. Wasn't ready for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

Status
    10/22:
    Bryan Danielson, Nigel McGuinness & Doug Williams vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, Naomichi Marufuji & Ricky Marvin

O_O...

WAKE UP

Status
    Isn't that just a house show though?

KENTA/Ishimori vs Suzuki/Kanemaru - GHC Jr Tag Titles Match - Wrestling Society Forums

Hell yes this match ruled on many levels! Great action from bell to bell with everyone looking great. Kotaro puts out one of the best performances I've ever seen from, just great with his crafty heel work and awesome working with KENTA. If he keeps up that awesomeness he could quickly become one of my fav NOAH guys. Kanemaru also proves that when he isn't being a lazy peice of crap he can be just as great as anyone on the roster, and Ishimori and KENTA are great as usual. They had some sports-entertainmenty stuff going on with a ref bump, a chair broght in and some intereference but IT WORKED. Well, the chair spot completely failed because the chair broke before it was used but apart from that it's really good. Huge dramatic finish too.

DDT - Kenny Omega vs HARASHIMA - Wrestling Society Forums

I remember a while back there were rumours of ROH wanting to sign Omega, and after watching him here he looks like he'd be a good asset to any company. Charismatic, exciting to watch and more importantly he has his own style, so he isn't just another generic indy guy trying to act Japanese (COUGH ROMERO COUGH). HARASHIMA is pretty good too apart from one annoying no-sell spot.

Dick Togo vs Kota Ibushi - KO-D Title - Wrestling Society Forums

Ibushi may be all the talk now, but this match is alllllllll about Togo. He's still as awesome as ever, for a guy his size and his bulk he's amazingly agile and flexible. Good match too with loads of awesome sequences and exchanges. My only problem is that now I've seen a fair amount of Ibushi alot of his spots are getting predictable and repetitive. Everytime he goes up top I can see he's going for the moonsult-landing on his feet-standing moonsult spot. Still, good because of whose in it.

No news or stuff yet.

Superhero Sellout

Status
      Country                    au=Australia
    Man, I really need to learn who these guys are lol. I get confused when I watch matches .

Needless to say, Japanese wrestling interests me a lot. It's a whole different branch of wrestling really. I've only watched a handful of matches, but it is defiantly addicting once you get a few.

AWESOM-O

Thread Information