Page 92 of 108 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2143

Thread: The Official Puro Discussion Thread

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: The Official Puro Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    And for his next trick he's going to do what many thought impossible and add excitement & passion to a Nakajima match on 6/25.

NOAH starting to improve their attendances btw, 1400+ at Korakuen. I really hope Kotoge wins the title, most invested match in wrestling I'll be this year to end Nakajima's coma-inducing title reign & these guys really take a step forward. 6/4 show was really good until the last two matches slogged at times.
    That'll be impressive. Though I don't have any issues with Nakajima in ring.

I hope Kotoge gets over enough to carry NOAH cause Nakajima and Shiozaki are bland as fuck. And maybe give them some direction cause I feel like they've been booking shit just for lolz. At that, who actually is booking NOAH? Marufuji?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

Nakajima hasn't came across very well in his title reign. He's technically good but just is an anti-star.

NOAH's done a mostly good job booking the last 3 months outside of Ohara getting screwed over as Jr. Ace & Sugiura/Kenoh (though with Sugiura's ailments that might have been the reason) Get the feeling Kenoh might be looking to leave though because he'll be in Z1's Fire Festival & is in no man's land in NOAH. Go's contract is up in September. I know for sure Marufuji isn't booking but I'm not 100% sure, think it's Uchida though.

Fan voting for BJW's biggest show of the year's main event in July is neck & neck, Deathmatch Title at 51% over Hideki's Strong Title. I hope Hideki can pull ahead. Him & Kawakami will be a banger. :<
    Punishing evil from her lonely throne! The Imperious Queen of Executions~

Her naked passion exposed for all to see! The Scandalous Superstar Idol~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

I don't know how reliable a source it is but I follow a blog on tumblr called njpwdaily and they posted this update the other night about Shibata. I would assume someone here who's been following Japanese wrestling and it's news for longer than me (which in this thread is likely to be everyone) would be able to clarify whether the sources quoted are legitimate or not but if it is true that's some scary ass shit right there.

I'm currently watching Day 13 of the the Best of the Super Juniors and I've really enjoyed the spot where someone gets thrown into the audience and wipes out several rows of chairs. It's just so very not WWE or anything I'm used to and I can imagine that being such a thrilling thing to be involved with as a member of the audience. It brings me joy.

Status

Its true. I believe the source is Shibata himself as he has a blog and is constantly giving updates. He's pretty much done.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

That's some seriously sad shit. I've only seen bits and bobs of his work here and there but I liked what he did and that he not only concussed himself into oblivion with pointless headbutts but might, as a result, be losing his vision is just tragic.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

They were in fact from Shibata himself. He always had eyesight issues but wrestled through it. They're treating everything at once now, but the brain problems are just awful. The tales of what he's had to go through are harrowing to read.
    Punishing evil from her lonely throne! The Imperious Queen of Executions~

Her naked passion exposed for all to see! The Scandalous Superstar Idol~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status

The source for a lot of present day puro content on Real Hero Archive, Nicopro, has just started its own YouTube channel. Initially, it was a Japanese only service on the website nicovideo but now it's on YouTube and is open to all. The channel is likely to feature a whole variety of promotions and is available for $5 or so a month. About £3.50. They won't broadcast any televised big events that go out on the usual Japanese TV channels but any other events are likely to be featured. Promotions that tend to feature on Nico are NOAH, BJW, All Japan, K-Dojo, GUTS as well as Joshi promotions like SEAdLINNNG, STARDOM, Ice Ribbon, Pro Wrestling WAVE, Tokyo Joshi Pro and a bunch of other stuff. It's worth the money, though. The first fourteen days are a free trial!

The channel already has up a HEAT UP, STARDOM, Tokyo Joshi Pro and Wrestle-1 show. It has a schedule and has a K-Dojo, GUTS and All Japan show already scheduled for the next few days. It's pretty much the Real Hero Archive except you provide some dolla dolla to support it. There's also talk segments and stuff but I assume it won't be subtitled.

Unfortunately as I've said above, any shows scheduled to be on Samurai TV or GAORA channels in Japan (usually big multicam shows) won't be featured. But the Real Hero Archive will still provide those free anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3c...V01urGDAw61Bgw

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    The source for a lot of present day puro content on Real Hero Archive, Nicopro, has just started its own YouTube channel. Initially, it was a Japanese only service on the website nicovideo but now it's on YouTube and is open to all. The channel is likely to feature a whole variety of promotions and is available for $5 or so a month. About £3.50. They won't broadcast any televised big events that go out on the usual Japanese TV channels but any other events are likely to be featured. Promotions that tend to feature on Nico are NOAH, BJW, All Japan, K-Dojo, GUTS as well as Joshi promotions like SEAdLINNNG, STARDOM, Ice Ribbon, Pro Wrestling WAVE, Tokyo Joshi Pro and a bunch of other stuff. It's worth the money, though. The first fourteen days are a free trial!

The channel already has up a HEAT UP, STARDOM, Tokyo Joshi Pro and Wrestle-1 show. It has a schedule and has a K-Dojo, GUTS and All Japan show already scheduled for the next few days. It's pretty much the Real Hero Archive except you provide some dolla dolla to support it. There's also talk segments and stuff but I assume it won't be subtitled.

Unfortunately as I've said above, any shows scheduled to be on Samurai TV or GAORA channels in Japan (usually big multicam shows) won't be featured. But the Real Hero Archive will still provide those free anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3c...V01urGDAw61Bgw
    RealHero Archive has a history of mot providing things that can be got through official means. Does this mean itll reduce its output of stuff?

No One

Status

Unavailable in Canada sadly, oh well.

Status

Yes. Real Hero Archive will not provide shows that are broadcast on the YouTube channel. However, they will not be deleting anything already uploaded as Nicopro doesn't archive their stuff on the Japanese site according to the person who runs Real Hero. It's important to note that they didn't say anything about shows airing elsewhere in Japan so it's safe to assume that those will continue to be uploaded.

So things like big Korakuen Hall shows and Dragon Gate are likely to still be updated into the archive. Nicopro is mainly a lot of smaller house shows that most people would consider skippable. It's not something you'll totally miss out on unless you're a hardcore. But a LOT of Joshi is probably not going to be freely available anymore.

And yes, I noticed it was unavailable in some countries. They might fix that.

Real Hero team is probably happy as I gather nico was a pain to deal with. I'll probably not watch any live streams and just watch shit on demand.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 07-05-2017 at 06:47 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

I might look at getting this along with DemandPROGRESS in August. That's too many different promotions for too cheap a price to pass up on really.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yes. Real Hero Archive will not provide shows that are broadcast on the YouTube channel. However, they will not be deleting anything already uploaded as Nicopro doesn't archive their stuff on the Japanese site according to the person who runs Real Hero. It's important to note that they didn't say anything about shows airing elsewhere in Japan so it's safe to assume that those will continue to be uploaded.

So things like big Korakuen Hall shows and Dragon Gate are likely to still be updated into the archive. Nicopro is mainly a lot of smaller house shows that most people would consider skippable. It's not something you'll totally miss out on unless you're a hardcore. But a LOT of Joshi is probably not going to be freely available anymore.

And yes, I noticed it was unavailable in some countries. They might fix that.

Real Hero team is probably happy as I gather nico was a pain to deal with. I'll probably not watch any live streams and just watch shit on demand.
    Well there goes my Joshi watching for forever especially if he uploads shows from Oz Academy, Sendai Girls, and SeADLINNING on a constant basis. I wonder how that effects the rutube Channel he has going forward as well.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

Oz, SEAdLINNNG, Sendai do tend to be shown on nicopro from time to time but they also have been shown on Samurai and GAORA in Japan so it's likely some shows will still be uploaded to Real Hero. You have your youku or w/e for Stardom and other shows anyway so it's not all bad.

Other news: NJPW are looking to do a US tour in April 2018 or then abouts. Think they're going to open a US dojo again too. Looks like they're going full steam ahead.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Oz, SEAdLINNNG, Sendai do tend to be shown on nicopro from time to time but they also have been shown on Samurai and GAORA in Japan so it's likely some shows will still be uploaded to Real Hero. You have your youku or w/e for Stardom and other shows anyway so it's not all bad.

Other news: NJPW are looking to do a US tour in April 2018 or then abouts. Think they're going to open a US dojo again too. Looks like they're going full steam ahead.
    Yeah my guy only uploads Stardom though, so I'll be good with that it's the other shows I'll find ways to see the shows I'll always do. I'm a Magician with this, pretty much can convert any video I want at this point. US Tour for NJPW please come to Phila..PLEASE COME TO PHILA!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

It'll be interesting to see how many people will actually support puro by paying the small fee to subscribe to the YouTube channel or still try to watch it for free. Have a feeling less people are watching DDT this year since realhero stopped uploading them after they launched their streaming service.

Its a good day for Puro if your country allows you access

No One

Status

If its just skippable stuff then I wont subscribe.

Status

Mostly unskippable, yeah. For Joshi promotions that don't get regular Samurai shows then it's worth it. I also think AJPW had some of their champion carnival shows on there too. But the vast majority of nico shows are house shows from the bigger orgs. Though, you're still likely to find title bouts on there and whatnot.

Here's a breakdown of what you should get with your subscription:

All Shows:

Daijo
    Dove Pro
    Freedoms
    Gatoh Move
    GUTS
    HEAT UP
    Ice Ribbon
    K-Dojo
    Makai (cross between wrestling and theatre)
    YMZ

Some shows:

Gannosuke Produce
    Hard Hit
    J-Stage
    Michinoku Pro
    Oz Academy
    SEAdLINNNG
    Sendai Girls
    Tokyo Gurentai
    Zero-1

Small shows:

AJPW
    BJW
    NOAH
    STARDOM
    Tokyo Joshi Pro (I think)
    WAVE
    Wrestle-1

So yeah, worth it, I guess. Use a VPN if you are region blocked and you're fine.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 07-06-2017 at 08:26 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

THE MAN

Status

Gutting news about Jake Lee, torn his ACL and will be out for a long time so the AJPW tag belts have been vacated.

Status

FITE TV are going to start showing AJPW shows on their site. I think they're charging 5 dollars for the shows. I don't think it's going to be every show but only the big shows... so AJPW might be disappearing from realhero archive soon too. I don't know what the deal is but they're planning on showing two events from the past year over this weekend and next. I think they're only accessible for viewing at the time they are scheduled rather than on demand which is meh but they're going to be free.. But the paid shows will include unlimited replays.

I think WCPW and ROH have some kind of deal with FITE too.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

THE MAN

Status

Sad news coming out tonight that Yoshihiro Takayama has been paralysed from the neck down ever since May after a failed sunset flip spot in DDT. The statements about his condition make for depressing reading. Three awful injuries coming from Japan this year with him, Honma and Shibata.

Thread Information