Page 52 of 107 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2130

Thread: The Official Puro Discussion Thread

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Re: The Official Puro Discussion Thread

I'd hold off on the Devitt love, can't think of many matches from this year that I'd hype up too much. Bullet Club BS hurts the quality of his matches these days. I enjoyed his match with Ricochet in the BOSJ.

You should check out the other 5 Okada/Tanahashi matches if you enjoyed the recent one. Start from the first one and work through because they build upon every match.

I'd suggest picking a random day of the G1 (Day 4 is a good one to go with) and watching that in full, that'll give you an idea of NJPW's roster because you'll be seeing 20 guys in singles matches. From there you can just look up the matches of people who stood out.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

I sent Iceman a fairly comprehensive list of either great matches from NJPW or fun stuff that was important somehow and was at least better than the average WWE TV match. Here's the breakdown per competitor for how many matches they've had this year that fit into one of those categories, combining singles & tag matches. (Also only counted my top 5 G1 matches because it would have taken forever to list all those. >_>) Pretty much what i'd expect tbqh.

Spoiler:

Hiroshi Tanahashi: 7
    Shinsuke Nakamura: 7
    Kazuchika Okada: 6
    Hirooki Goto: 4
    Katsuyori Shibata: 4
    Tomohiro Ishii: 4
    Minoru Suzuki: 3
    Prince Devitt: 3
    Kota Ibushi: 3
    Yuji Nagata: 2
    Kazushi Sakuraba: 2
    Shelton Benjamin: 2
    Tetsuya Naito: 2
    Togi Makabe: 2
    Low Ki: 1
    Karl Anderson: 1
    Davey Boy Smith Jr.: 1
    Yujiro Takahashi: 1
    La Sombra: 1
    Satoshi Kojima: 1
    Naomichi Marufuji: 1
    BadLuck Fale: 1
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Surprised Nakamura is joint top in your list, I think he's had an inconsistent year.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Surprised Nakamura is joint top in your list, I think he's had an inconsistent year.
    He's just been in the most good matches/matches worth watching on my list I was going through the iPPVs, not in my top 2 if i'm grading. I've said it before and i'll say it again, Nakamura hasn't had such a down year in a long time. But I didn't want to short change the May-July matches (Shelton in May, the tag in June, Sombra in July, which were either good, very good, or great) just 'cause Nakamura slogged those nights. He's had his high points where he really looked awesome and more like his old self vs. Davey Boy/Ibushi/Marufuji though, which kinda keeps me on the fringe of whether he's one of my NJPW favorites or not.

He really is one of the most up and down performers in recent memory. I miss the Black Savior.
    C'est Magnifique~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

WAKE UP

Status

Nakamura's been inconsistant since forever. He's just not a well-rounded worker - he's very good at some things but bad at others. The matches with Saku and Ibushi are well worth watching though.

God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore Iceman View Post
    Also just fmi is okada the same okada from tna that was with joe?
    Surprisingly, it is. It's odd to look back at what was a jobber and only a few years later he would prove himself as one of the best.

In order, I'd go Tanahashi, Okada, Nakamura and then Devitt. You cant go far wrong with them four.
    The Real Rock N' Rolla

WAKE UP

Status

Ishii had a better year than all of them though.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Nakamura's been inconsistant since forever. He's just not a well-rounded worker - he's very good at some things but bad at others. The matches with Saku and Ibushi are well worth watching though.
    Don't you think he was better a couple of years ago though? Maybe I just enjoyed his character more back then and it artificially helped my enjoyment of him in his matches, I don't know.

For my personal favorites i'd probably say Goto, Shibata, Ishii, those guys. They all have flaws, they all hit really hard, they're like puroresu soul food. Even though Goto tries harder than most in NJPW not to be formulaic, which is always something that made him one of my favorites in that company. Plus in Goto & Shibata's case, they have two of the best entrance themes around. Always puts me in a good mood to watch professional wrestling when they come out.

Devitt and "wrestlers worth watching this year" should not be used in the same sentence.
    C'est Magnifique~

WAKE UP

Status

Not sure when Nakamura was at his best, maybe 2009?

And Goto is really one of the most formulaic dudes they have. He insists on making EVERY match an even-stevens sequence of your-turn-my-turn with no sustained heat period. It's not a drawn out as Davey Richards doing it, but once I noticed it it's hard not to see it every match he has.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Yeah, '09-'10 i'd say.

I watched every match in the G1 and Goto was one of the only people who's matches didn't completely blend together, and he seemed to always put an extra effort into his stuff that was lacking with a lot of guys. I understand what you're saying, but that's mostly due to a lot of his matches this year being designed as sprints. There are proper heat segments in Goto's longer matches. (examples being his two Okada matches this year, and his title match vs Tanahashi in 2011, among others)
    C'est Magnifique~

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Germany

Can someone recommend me some good Great Sasuke matches?

WAKE UP

Status

Singles?

vs Delfin, 1993
    vs Shinzaki, 1994
    vs Taka, 1994
    vs Liger, J-Cup
    vs Benoit, J-Cup '94 Finals
    vs Delfin from the '95 Mask League
    vs Dos Caras, the finals of the same league

The J-Cup Liger match or Delfin match from '95 are probably his best 2. There's also a fuck tonne of MPro vs KDX tags from the mid-90s that are pretty great.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Really, just watch the '94 and '95 Super J-Cups if you haven't seen them. That goes for everyone who hasn't.

Also I loved that Super Delfin match as well. I've always thought Delfin was an unsung hero of sorts of the 90s junior scene, or at least really underappreciated. Despite his goofy character and look, and working in a smaller company with Sasuke i've always enjoyed his work.
    C'est Magnifique~

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Richards' Twitter
    Davey Richards @RichardsWesley
    Follow

Sorry everyone but due to an neck injury I can't make my GHC title shot match in Japan.
    At this point, it's becoming a running joke with how often Davey pulls out of matches.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    At this point, it's becoming a running joke with how often Davey pulls out of matches.
    TBF though, it was reported he got spiked pretty hard during his NXT tryout.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Akira Taue retired today in an 8 man tag.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

It sounded like a really nice and well deserved ceremony for Taue. Shame he's so underrated by a lot of the more casual puro fans. I've been looking forward to this show for a few weeks since they announced Nagata was getting the GHC Title shot. I'm really looking forward to seeing it if it gets online.

Taue for President

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zero; 12-08-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    C'est Magnifique~

WAKE UP

Status

Might as well have gone a couple years back, but still nice to see him get a good send-off. That pic with him, Kobashi, Kawada, and the Misawa photo is really great. All 4 'pillars' have now left the building.

Taue is definitely an all-time great, anyone who thinks otherwise must hate puppies and sunshine.

And the winners of the 2013 World Tag League...

Spoiler:

BulletClub's Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson after defeating G.B.H. in the semi-finals and Ten-Koji in the finals.

Once again, TNA's loss is NJPW's gain.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Called it. Watched a couple of their matches and you could tell they were being primed for a win, happy for Gallows that a company is giving him a good opportunity to show what he can do. I'd still say Ishii and Nakamura were the MVPs of the tournament, I think you'd dig their match with Tanaka and Yujiro Jim.

Anderson gets his standard WK match for the tag titles

Thread Information