Page 2 of 107 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Puro Discussion Thread

WAKE UP

Status
    Good to know. At first alot of the names and wrestlers seem just kinda alien but once you get familiar with them it's almost as simple as knowing wwe wrestlers. Like watching any new promotion I guess.

A handy site to learn the wrestlers better is Puroresu Central

Superhero Sellout

Status
      Country                    au=Australia
    That site helps alot. Thank you.

AWESOM-O

WAKE UP

Status

Mutoh vs Makabe - IWGP Championship - Wrestling Society Forums

I kinda dug this match. Easily Mutoh's best defence so far, it had pretyy much everything his first defence lacked: great crowd heat, a good pace and lots of hard hitting action. Fuck Necro, Makabe is the hier to the Brody crown, as he just beats Mutoh bloody with a steel chain. People often assume all puo is uber-realism "treated as a sport" style, but alot of it is fairly similar to the US stuff, this match has intereference, ref bumbs and lots of epic heel cheating. Hardly anything amazing, but fun.

Kenny Omega vs Sanshiro Takagi - Street Fight - Wrestling Society Forums

Oh, this match was goooood. Whereas the HARASHIMA match just felt like an exhibitation of what Omega can do, this was a real hard-fought contest. Lots of great brawling that spills out all over the place and into the car park. They build up spots nicely and all the spots are pretty impressive. Really good stuff. Probably my favourite DDT match this year. After the match Omega puts over DDT as his favourite place to wrestle and says he's love to come back. SIGN HIM ROH!

Tanaka vs Nakanishi - Zero-ONE Championship - Wrestling Society Forums

Damn, this is a hell of a match. Backstory time... Zero-ONE and New Japan have been fueding for like a year now. Tanaka is the undisputed ace of Z1 and is at the forefront of the war, Nakanishi is just a POWERHOUSE and has also been a big player in the fued. Nakanishi has been racking up wins in Z1, destorying everyone he's faced, so Tanaka has a big challenge ahead of him. Straigh from the bell Tanaka just goes after Nakanishi and is just relentless, but this just angers the big gorilla and he starts annihilating Tanaka. Awesome psycology with Tanaka having to be quick and smart to find openings to take the big man down, but everytime he gets some momentum going Nakanishi just powers him down in his tracks. Awesome match, one of my favourites of the year.

News

Nuffink, much apart from the full card of NOAH's next show...

NOAH "AUTUMN NAVIGATION 2008", 25.10.2008 (NTV/G+ LIVE)
    Tokyo Nippon Budokan

1. Mohammed Yone & Akihiko Ito vs. Takashi Okita & Kento Miyahara
    2. Yoshinari Ogawa, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Kotaro Suzuki vs. Doug Williams, Bryan Danielson & Atsushi Aoki
    3. Akira Taue & Makoto Hashi vs. Yoshihiro Takayama & Takuma Sano
    4. Takeshi Morishima & Takashi Sugiura vs. Nigel McGuinness & Superstar Steve
    5. Kensuke Sasaki, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Kota Ibushi vs. Mitsuharu Misawa, Taiji Ishimori & Ricky Marvin
    6. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Naomichi Marufuji © vs. KENTA
    7. GHC Tag Team Title: Akitoshi Saito & Bison Smith © vs. Jun Akiyama & Takeshi Rikio

Oh God no. No no no no no. This does not look good. Danielson in the second matc, whilest KENTA int he semi-main? Surely that means KENTA is going to beat Danielson for the GHC Jr belt and probably a double titles match with Marufuji. Matches 5 & 6 look interesting but this is so fucking poorly booked. NOAH's booking is just horrible at times, I mean look at the talent on this card and this is the best they could come up with?

Superhero Sellout

Status
    That first match looks brutalish. I actually know which one is which yay! I'll give it a watch :D.

Why did Keiji drop the Muta gimmick anyways?

AWESOM-O

WAKE UP

Status
    He hasn't dropped it at all. He wrestles mostly as himself (Mutoh) and occasionally as Muta. He actually hold two of Japan's major titles right now, under different identities. The IWGP belt as Mutoh and the Triple Crown as Muta.

Superhero Sellout

Status
    Oh I thought he dropped it or something and became a whole different wrestler.

AWESOM-O

WAKE UP

Status
    Think of it like Daniels and Curry Man.

Superhero Sellout

Status
    Ah different gimmicks for different companies.

I was watching a bit of Yuji Nagata vs Giant Bernard from New Japan in 06, and from what I saw, Bernard is a shitload better then he was as Albert/Prince Albert (lul) or A-Train. Yuji kicking him and Bernard no selling was hilarious. I didn't watch much though, but I downloaded it cos I saw that it was one of the best New Japan matches of 06.

Is he actually being shown as a bad-ass heel who doesn't take shit from no one of is his gimmick so of no selling other wrestlers moves. Cos I think Yuji went for one of the Nagata locks early and Bernard just stood there. Is he still getting a push?

AWESOM-O

WAKE UP

Status
    Nagata/Bernard was like top 3 match of 2006. Watch the whole thing and you'll see why Bernard is one of the best sellers in the world. His selling of the arm work is genius.

But to answer the question, well he's a giant so naturally he shakes off alot of things and takes a hell of a beating before getting floored. I'd say his selling is perfect, he knows when to no sell stuff and just destroy people and when to sell and let it look like his opponent is wearing him down. He's being treated fairly well in New Japan, at the moment he is mostly doing tags with his new partner, Rick Fuller of WCW fame. Hopefully he'll win the belt at some point, though I doubt it will happen for a long time yet.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    nl=Netherlands
    Woa Muta/Mutoh holds the triple crown? Isnt he a bit too old by now ;o Is he like the Japanese Hulk Hogan ? I have seen a match of him last year or maybe 2 years ago and I have to say he still does his job and a moonsault and stuff so I can't tell but thats why Im asking you experts.
    Also I'm in the progress of watching some NOAH, but if I watch all those matches I cant get into the next one so easy so I like to watch one every day =^_^=

WAKE UP

Status
    He won the triple crown a couple of weeks back. And yeah, he's pretty old and useless in the ring tbh. Still got bundles of charisma though.

Tiger Mask IV vs Low Ki - IWGP Jr Championship - Wrestling Society Forums

This was a good little match. Nothing more, nothing less really. Ki looked good and showed no sign of ring-rust since his injury. I forgot how exciting he was to watch at times. Tiger Mask continues to be lacklustre though and fucks up a tombstone which just looked retarded. The finish was also pretty anti-climactic, but it's enjoyable. Kinda weird to have Ki win the belt in his FIRST singles match in the company, but its not like he's an unknown so it's a good move. Plus Tiger wasn't doing much with it.

ಠ_ಠ

Status
    So this match is a skip?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Basically, Capone, you're my drunk friend who I love, but I need to deal with you pissing all over in my car and starting fights with big dudes with me getting punched in the face as well

WAKE UP

Status
    It's a "worth watching if you're a Ki fan" match, but your life won't end if you miss it.

Superhero Sellout

Status
    I'll watch it just for that fact that Ki is in it and I want to learn more about Tiger Mask.

AWESOM-O

WAKE UP

Status
    Results
    NJPW "DESTRUCTION '08", 10/13/08 (WPW/PPV)
    Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan
    9,000 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

0. Wataru Inoue & Ryusuke Taguchi beat Milano Collection AT & Taichi Ishikari (7:04) when Taguchi used a small package hold on Ishikari.
    1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Yujiro & Tetsuya Naito beat Minoru & Prince Devitt (c) (11:34) when Yujiro used an Intercollegiate slam on Minoru to become the 22nd champion.
    2. Jado, Gedo & Low Ki beat Jushin Thunder Liger, Koji Kanemoto & Tiger Mask (7:46) when Ki used the Ki Krusher '99 on Liger.
    3. Togi Makabe, Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii beat Satoshi Kojima , KAI & Hiroshi Yamato (10:06) when Yano used the Oni Koroshi on Yamato.
    4. Manabu Nakanishi & Yutaka Yoshie beat Masahiro Chono & Hiroshi Tanahashi (10:24) when Nakanishi used the Hercules Cutter on Tanahashi.
    5. Giant Bernard beat Hirooki Goto (13:44) with the Bernard Driver.
    6. Chain Death Match ~ TENZAN VS. GBH 2nd Conviction: Takashi Iizuka beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan (21:24) by referee stop.
    7. World Heavyweight Title: Yuji Nagata beat Masato Tanaka (c) (18:06) with a backdrop hold to become the new champion.
    8. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Keiji Muto (c) beat Shinsuke Nakamura (21:39) with a Frankensteiner (4th defense).
    Interesting results here. Not surprised at the Jr tag title change... Hopefully the 6-man sets up Ki/Liger. That could be all kinds of fun. Bernard winning is a surprise, and I hope it leads to a title push, though I doubt it. Fucking boo to the Z1 title change, I loves Nagata but I was really rooting for Tanaka to retain. And Mutoh retaining is kinda thumbs down... though he'll probs lose it to Tanahashi at the next show, which could go either way. The top three matches got on the internet 2(!) hours after the show finished!

WAKE UP

Status

Masato Tanaka vs Yuji Nagata - Zero-1 Championship - Wrestling Society Forums

WATCH THIS IT IS GOOD! Not the all-out war I was expecting, but most definately at a MOTYC and the best NJPW match of 2008. Just so much disrespect and interpromotional pride on the line. Nagata refuses to back down from Tanaka's power so Tanaka dumps him on his head on the outside. Nagata even gets busted open hardway from the uber-stiffage, and pulls out of the most awesome counters I've seen in a very long time. This match is allllll about the epic facial expressions and the finish is just incredibly awesome. I also have the chain match and Mutoh/Nakamura from the same show but they are pretty dull and bleh. Tanaka is easily one of the top 3 performers of 2008 in my books.

Sweet Meat

Status
    After watching Tanka's ECW matches it's hard to believe (not so much the ones with Awesome but more so the "chair" matches where the match consisted of only chair shots lol.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

WAKE UP

Status
    Dude, Tanaka ruled in ECW. He just destroys people.

And this isn't ECW, chairfests are a rarity. I assume thats what you mean...?

Sweet Meat

Status
    lol I just meant based off his series of matches with the likes of Balls Mahoney and Axl Rotten, it's strange in retrospect to hear he's in a MOTYC.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

WAKE UP

Status
    Theres a huge difference in talent beween Nagata and Axl Rotten.

I recommend you check out some of Tanaka's recenet stuff... it's pretty epic...

Thread Information