Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 2,121 to 2,122 of 2122

Thread: The Official Puro Discussion Thread

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Peru

Re: The Official Puro Discussion Thread

It certainly was a fantastic match. Personally, I thought their CC Finals match was the better of the two, but not by much. I think it's just outside my top ten best matches of year and it's probably put Marufuji in my top 3 for wrestler of the year. Certainly another big step for Kento Miyahara as well.
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Peru

Re: The Official Puro Discussion Thread

NOAH Navigation With A Breeze - 29/05/2018 Thoughts

Akitoshi Saito & Junta Miyawaki vs. Back Breakers (Hajime Ohara & Hitoshi Kumano): **

Not bad. Pretty good opener. Junta Miyawaki looked decnet, he is a improving at an immense rate. Ohara had some shine spots. Short and did it’s job.

RATEL'S (HAYATA & YO-HEY) vs. Seiya Morohashi & Yoshinari Ogawa: **½

More fast paced match than the previous with some decent double team moves from HAYATA/YO-HEY. Seiya Morohashi looked fine, nothing too much that stood out but fine. Bumped around well, made HAYATA/YO-HEY look good.

50 Funky Powers (Mohammed Yone & Quiet Storm) vs. Cody Hall & Masao Inoue: **¼

Not much actual wrestling but more of a story driven match which was very interesting to see. I liked what they did here, playing you Hall and Inoue not working well together, starting from the entrance to the match itself. Very simple but I liked it. Eventually 55FP took advantage and got the win after Hall abandoned his partner. Interested in seeing where that goes.

KAZMA SAKAMOTO & KENSO vs. Maybach Taniguchi & Mitsuya Nagai: **

This was fine. Nothing really worth nothing in all truth.

Atsushi Kotoge vs. Kenou: ***¾

Now we’re getting down to business. K-Hall looking full now. The match was very good. Boarding great. Had a hot start with Kenou breaking out of the headscissors in the ropes pretty earlier. The two flying around, exchanging counters. Wrestling a good, quick style. Then it kicked up a notch after Kenou started to get in a kicking mood. Then came that nasty headbut from Kotoge. I forgot who said it but bleached blonde hair is genius for when blood is involved. Nice visual by the end. One thing I have a problem with is the cape. Looks goofy and fits Kotoge’s eccentric personality but it’s a bit too comedy for me. But that’s just nitpicking. Really good match, good showings from both wrestlers. Crowd was really into the match and both Kotoge and Kenou.

GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match - Hi69 & Minoru Tanaka (c) vs. RATEL'S (Daisuke Harada & Tadasuke): ***½

Very good tag team match. Not what I expected considering it’s the juniors but good. Instead of the usual routine, they have a brawl all over the arena.. A fun brawl. Then they bring it back to the ring and have then revert back to a “normal” match. They did a great job at transition between the two different sections I thought. Another thing I thought they did well was play on the two individual feuds they each have had lately. HI69 and Harada mostly going after each other and same with Tanaka and Tadasuke. Harada’s facial expression after the match and his brief interaction with Ogawa was golden

GHC Tag Team Title Match - Go Shiozaki & Kaito Kiyomiya (c) vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya: ****½

Man, The Aggression are quite possible the best tag team of 2018 so far in terms of match for match quality and it’s not close imo. The Aggression and GoKai have great chemistry and it showed. They picked up where they left off with their last match, attacking Go’s leg from the off. Go’s selling of it during the entire match was great. Consistently selling it during moves, both taking them and doing them. Just little touches of being much slower when doing double team moves with Kaito or winching every time he moved. Nakajima was just wow. Him dragging Go in-front of Kobashi and attacking the leg was masterful. I adore heel Nakajima. He has fire like he never had last year, much more viciousness in his offence and his facial expressions are amazing. Another part of the match that I liked was that Kiyomiya barely got in the match apart from a few minutes here or there, it was just The Aggression working over Go. Some good storytelling there. This match had all the factors of a MOTYC for me, storytelling, selling, the little extra stuff like the Kobashi/Nakajima bit and the atmosphere to go along with it. Amazing tag team match.

GHC Heavyweight Title Match - Takashi Sugiura (c) vs. Naomichi Marufuji: ***¾

Had two viewings of this match and have similar thoughts on the match. It was a good match, I would say it could’ve been better with a bit more intensity and it being less unpredictable but oh well. Some decent work on the midsection of Marufuji by Sugiura as well as Sugiura being aware of Marufuji’s routine and taking advantage of it. Some nice counters and an amazing looking spanish fly off the top rope. Good match but something was missing to push it over that margin to make it great.

I loved the show. For 3 hours, it certainly flew by. Nothing was bad on the undercard, even Cody Hall was decent. Great 2nd half of the show. Kotoge vs Kenou onwards is waht I would recommend the most from these shows
    Spoiler:

Thread Information