Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2130

Thread: The Official Puro Discussion Thread

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: The Official Puro Discussion Thread

Ishimori leaving???

If he heads to WWE, WWE would have a great addition to 205 Live. Would like to see him in DG as well. Good luck to him.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sweet Meat

Status

When he goes to 205, does he team with Hideo and Tozawa

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    When he goes to 205, does he team with Hideo and Tozawa
    I hope so.

Bonzai Boyz vs Lucha Party would be fun.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    I hope so.

Bonzai Boyz vs Lucha Party would be fun.
    yeah.. and vs oney/gulak/burch because yes.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

NOAH The Great Voyage 2018 In Yokohama thoughts

Atsushi Kotoge & Naomichi Marufuji vs. Akitoshi Saito & Shiro Koshinaka:
    Decent Tag Team match. It wasn’t a patch on the other tag matches that Kotoge/Marufuji have had this year, but it was solid enough. (***)

I’m looking forward to Marufuji 20th Anniversary. I really hope that Kenta vs Marufuji takes place. Not sure when his contract with WWE is up but I hope it’s before then. If not, I would love a third Okada vs Marufuji match. ~Here we go~

Go Shiozaki vs. Kaito Kiyomiya:
    Really good veteran/trainer vs student. Shiozaki beat Kaito within an inch of his life but Kaito ever gave up and fought back, trying to go toe to toe with Go. Kaito showed some great potential in the match and wrestled his heart out. Another good match by Kaito. Shiozaki was really good, being very aggressive in the lariats and chops. Speaking of chops, I’m starting to think Kaito loves being chopped, he his chest bleeds after every match. (***½)

GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match - Hi69 & Taiji Ishimori (c) vs. Minoru Tanaka & Yoshinari Ogawa:
    Okay tag team match. TBH, my attention drifted in this match for some reason. Ishimori is leaving very soon and knowing what happens after this probably made me lose interest. (**¾)

GHC Junior Heavyweight Title Match - Daisuke Harada (c) vs. HAYATA:
    HARADA!!!!! Now, I have no probably in saying that Harada is the best junior wrestler in the world. Fight me. The match was excellent, great contrast in styles between the two. Harada being the ground bruiser with his suplexes and strikes, HAYATA being the highflyer. It worked so well and made for an excellent match. Loved the match and now RATEL’s is okay again. (****¼)

GHC Tag Team Title Match - Mohammed Yone & Quiet Storm (c) vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya:
    Nakajima masterclass once again. This match is why Nakajima is one of the best wrestlers today and yet he is so underrated. Nakajima showed so much aggression (heh) in this match, he went all out into making this match as heated and stuff as possible. The match had some good tag psychology. Great tag team wrestling. Some great selling from all men. Nakajima looked like a star in the match. Have to admit that I couldn't stop smiling after I saw how proud Kobashi was of Nakajima after the match. (****)

GHC Heavyweight Title Match - Kenou (c) vs. Takashi Sugiura:
    I can see it now. “It went too long” “typical noah match” but all I saw was two men beating the piss out of each other for nearly 30 minutes and it was amazing to see. Excellent main event (***¾)

Skipped the first hour or so, but from what I saw, the show was fantastic and only the Jr Tag Match was not anything worth watching. 9/10 show
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

AJPW just launched their own streaming service for 900 yen a month. For the rest of March, it's completely free, if you create an account (You don't need to add any payment details). As of right now, the site is extremely limited in terms of matches. There's a grand total of 38, one match being from 2018 and the rest from 2017.

No word on whether or not it will add any pre-2000 split action, but it may be worth keeping an eye on.

https://www.ajpw.tv

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

No word on whether or not it will add any pre-2000 split action, but it may be worth keeping an eye on.
    I thought they weren't uploading much of it? I'm almost certain I read somewhere about this and it was unlikely because of licensing issues and who owns the footage etc

Ill consider getting this in a few weeks. I don't watch enough AJPW but I've tried to get into it a good few times. Give it a go for a month and see what happens.

plus

BODIIIIIGAAAAAAAAAH
    Last edited by RainShaker; 03-19-2018 at 03:34 PM.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    I thought they weren't uploading much of it? I'm almost certain I read somewhere about this and it was unlikely because of licensing issues and who owns the footage etc
    Yeah, the Observer were doubtful that they'd have any pre-2000 TV footage, but who knows what they have or are able to show.

The idea of a AJPW streaming service does sound way less interesting if there won't be any pre-2000 stuff.

Status

Yeah, the Observer were doubtful that they'd have any pre-2000 TV footage, but who knows what they have or are able to show.

The idea of a AJPW streaming service does sound way less interesting if there won't be any pre-2000 stuff.

Stupid companies giving the rights to TV channels and not themselves

Not going to lie, I don't think I'd watch early stuff. Really can't do it for some reason but I think it'd be a big draw for alot of people. I think they're just trying to replicate NJPWWORLD's success but I don't see AJPW having the same level of appeal. I think the streaming services are more popular with overseas audience? Not sure.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Not going to lie, I don't think I'd watch early stuff. Really can't do it for some reason but I think it'd be a big draw for alot of people.
    The fuck is wrong with you?

I think they're just trying to replicate NJPWWORLD's success but I don't see AJPW having the same level of appeal. I think the streaming services are more popular with overseas audience? Not sure.
    Japan's culture is that they're not used to having to pay for shit, so things like PPV and streaming services tend not to do well there. Considering how little talk there's been of AJPW since 2000, especially compared to New Japan's current population, they're not going to come close to drawing NJPW World's interest. The one hope they do have is if they had pre-2000 split matches. But it is cool that another company is making their product a lot more accessible to those who do wish to watch what's currently happening.

It looks like they have one big show taking place while this service is still free:

All Japan Pro-Wrestling “2018 Power Dream Series”, 3/25/2018 [Sun] 15:00 @ Saitama Super Arena, Community Hall

() Atsushi Maruyama, Yutaka Yoshie, Naoshi Sano, Keiichi Sato & CarBell Ito vs. Masakado, Ishikiri, Revlon, So Daimonji & FG Mask
    () Masanobu Fuchi, TAJIRI & Yohei Nakajima vs. Osamu Nishimura, Ultimo Dragon & Kotaro Suzuki
    () Koji Iwamoto vs. Josh Bodom (UK)
    () The Road to 2018 Champion Carnival Special Tag Match: Naoya Nomura & KAI vs. Yoshitatsu & Yuji Hino

() Special 6 Man Tag Match: Suwama, Hikaru Sato & Yusuke Okada vs. Kazuyuki Fujita, Kendo Kashin & NOSAWA Rongai

() Asia Tag Championship Match: [Champions] Jun Akiyama & Yuji Nagata (NJPW) vs. [Challengers] Takao Omori & Manabu Nakanishi (NJPW)
    ~ 1st title defense.

() AJPW World Junior Championship Match: [47th Champion] Atsushi Aoki vs. [Challenger] Shuji Kondo (W-1)
    ~ 1st title defense.

() AJPW World Tag Championship Match: [81st Champions] Zeus & The Bodyguard vs. [Challengers] Ryoji Sai & Dylan James
    ~ 1st title defense.

() Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship Match: [59th Champion] Joe Doering vs. [Challenger] Kento Miyahara
    ~ 4th title defense.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Streaming services aren't huge in Japan, for a niche company it definitely would be more about foreign fans. Stardom World's success is largely due to foreigners.

DDT & BJW have essentially becomes blips on the map in the West since their services started (Although BJW has the worst champion in the world anyway right now & has tanked even in Japan since his push & their service is terrible anyway, DDT's is much better but still not super popular) Figure something similar could happen with AJPW.

Even the setup for AJPW TV is the same as NJP World, looks just like it almost.
    Angels in Flight~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

YES! YES! YES!

Status

It's a flat no from me for getting this, I already subscribe to too many wrestling services and I almost always don't enjoy the highly rated current stuff as much as others do. CC does look tasty though. I think from the western fans side of things All Japan could go the way of Big Japan after they opened their streaming service where it was obvious not as many people were watching it anymore with the illegal streamers refusing to put it up on the now defunct google drive.

I wouldn't hold your breath on pre-2000 footage being on there, and even if it was it would be a small fracture of it, just look at the gaps in New Japan's archives and that services has been going on for 3 years now. In a world where the AJPW Archive google drive and youtube exist, old matches on this service aren't really going to entice me to put down my 999yen.

Status

The fuck is wrong with you?

Japan's culture is that they're not used to having to pay for shit, so things like PPV and streaming services tend not to do well there. Considering how little talk there's been of AJPW since 2000, especially compared to New Japan's current population, they're not going to come close to drawing NJPW World's interest. The one hope they do have is if they had pre-2000 split matches. But it is cool that another company is making their product a lot more accessible to those who do wish to watch what's currently happening.

It looks like they have one big show taking place while this service is still free:

All Japan Pro-Wrestling “2018 Power Dream Series”, 3/25/2018 [Sun] 15:00 @ Saitama Super Arena, Community Hall

() Atsushi Maruyama, Yutaka Yoshie, Naoshi Sano, Keiichi Sato & CarBell Ito vs. Masakado, Ishikiri, Revlon, So Daimonji & FG Mask
    () Masanobu Fuchi, TAJIRI & Yohei Nakajima vs. Osamu Nishimura, Ultimo Dragon & Kotaro Suzuki
    () Koji Iwamoto vs. Josh Bodom (UK)
    () The Road to 2018 Champion Carnival Special Tag Match: Naoya Nomura & KAI vs. Yoshitatsu & Yuji Hino

() Special 6 Man Tag Match: Suwama, Hikaru Sato & Yusuke Okada vs. Kazuyuki Fujita, Kendo Kashin & NOSAWA Rongai

() Asia Tag Championship Match: [Champions] Jun Akiyama & Yuji Nagata (NJPW) vs. [Challengers] Takao Omori & Manabu Nakanishi (NJPW)
    ~ 1st title defense.

() AJPW World Junior Championship Match: [47th Champion] Atsushi Aoki vs. [Challenger] Shuji Kondo (W-1)
    ~ 1st title defense.

() AJPW World Tag Championship Match: [81st Champions] Zeus & The Bodyguard vs. [Challengers] Ryoji Sai & Dylan James
    ~ 1st title defense.

() Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship Match: [59th Champion] Joe Doering vs. [Challenger] Kento Miyahara
    ~ 4th title defense.

The only classic dude I've really been into and liked is Kenta Kobashi and that's due to his story. I feel like I'd just get bored as shit watching classics because the story is lost on me and I feel unsure whether I'd just sit and watch and end up just wanting to see present day shit instead.

Oh yeah, I know streaming services etc are niche as fook in Japan, just was wondering if AJPW are going to go after the foreign market and try to do what others are doing. Good luck to them but I think they're late to the party.

Solid card, though. Might watch...

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

From the 3/25 show the matches you wanna watch are the Nomura/KAI tag and the singles title matches. Those 3 should rock the house and the main event will have every chance to be great. Wild Child reuniting as a team but Nakanishi is broken down and Omori just returned from injury. I'm not super feeling it.
    Angels in Flight~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status

Dragon Gate streaming service coming in 2 weeks it appears. Sorry AJPW TV, got some Doi Darts to watch.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Starting to get pricey to be a co-host of a Japanese wrestling catch-all podcast.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
    DG charging more for it's service than WWE & NJPW is mind boggling to me for a number of reasons but could turn out to be a risk worth taking. DG fans are more secluded than others & are just the type to overpay.

I might give it a look in June/July when it's worth it. CC is too stacked to not be #1 from Japan for April.

AJPW TV is free until April 1st so you can see the 3/25 show without buying. I like the approach and hopefully they take the DDT approach of having 1 show per month free.

The NOAH show's 2nd half was great, you didn't miss anything MC, although Ohara is never bad. I personally think the main event was by far MOTN. Yes it had those tropes of NOAH matches but it had amazing psychology, build, & escalation to it that it felt like a legit great match,The Jr Title was real good too but I liked it a tad less than MC along with the tag but still well worth watching and Harada purely in-ring may be #1. Kotoge/Sugiura will be awesome! Still love their angle.

Also I thought the Jr Tag was pretty good, loved the arm focus by the heels, but Ishimori leaving & Ogawa/Tanaka vacating the titles really puts a damper on things.

Stars:
    LEONA/Junta: *
    RATEL's/Back Breakers: **3/4
    Cody/KAZMA vs Inoue/Nakatsu: DUD
    Maybach/Nagai vs KENSO/Bradley: 1/2*
    Kotoge/Marufuji vs Saito/Koshinaka: **1/4
    Go/Kiyomiya: ***1/2
    Jr Tag Titles: ***
    Harada/HAYATA: ***3/4
    Tag Titles: ***1/4
    Main Event: ****1/4
    Angels in Flight~

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Starting to get pricey to be a co-host of a Japanese wrestling catch-all podcast.
    I could use some donations to help afford it tbh.
    Angels in Flight~

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Great News! Hopefully this means that their western base grows as a result. It's extremely difficult to watch DG if you don't know where to look.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status

DDT Judgement happened yesterday and I can confirm it was the absolute tits.

Takeshita vs Ishikawa and Marufuji/HARASHIMA vs Higuchi/Sekimoto are must see. Fucking love Takeshita.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information