Thread: Bill & Ted Face the Music (2020)

Status
      Country                    United States

Bill & Ted Face the Music (2020)

RELEASE DATE: August 21, 2020
    STUDIO: MGM, Orion Pictures
    DIRECTOR: Dean Parisot
    MPAA RATING: N/A
    SCREENWRITERS: Chris Matheson, Ed Solomon
    STARRING: Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter, Samara Weaving, Brigette Lundy-Paine, William Sadler, Erinn Hayes, Jayma Mays, Amy Stoch, Hal London Jr., Beck Bennett, Jillian Bell, Kristen Schaal, Holland Taylor
    GENRE: Comedy, Action, Sci-Fi, Adventure

Plot Summary: Keanu Reeves (John Wick, The Matrix) and Alex Winter (Deep Web; Downloaded) will officially be reuniting on screen after 27 years as the legendary Ted “Theodore” Logan (Reeves) and Bill S. Preston Esq. (Winter) in the highly anticipated third installment of the Bill & Ted comedy, "Bill & Ted Face the Music."

When we last met Bill and Ted they were time-traveling teenagers trying to pass history class and win the battle of the bands. Once prophesized to save the universe with their rock and roll, middle age and the responsibilities of family have caught up with these two best friends who have not yet fulfilled their destiny. They’ve written thousands of tunes, but they have yet to write a good one, much less the greatest song ever written. With the fabric of time and space tearing around them, a visitor from the future warns our heroes that only their song can save life as we know it. Out of luck and fresh out of inspiration, Bill and Ted set out on a time travel adventure to seek the song that will set their world right and bring harmony in the universe as we know it. Together with the aid of their daughters, a new crop of historical figures, and some sympathetic music legends, Bill and Ted find much, much more than just a song.
    Last edited by Necro; 01-03-2020 at 06:17 PM.

🔪 Cool·Vegan·Mom·Club 🌻

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Bill & Ted 3 (TBA)

I love it. I really hope it ends up being good. With all the time travel it doesn't seem stupid to do another as adults.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

It's about time Keanu did something with a sense of humour. Hopefully this lives up to the originals. It's just a shame that Rufus won't make an appearance.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Party on dudes, maybe Bill and Ted are both Parents, and became un rocker like, wearing tight clothes, not caring about the band, maybe somewhere in the movie they wake their asses up and save the world..

DD Touches my privates

Status
      Country                    Iraq

It's funny, people knock remakes and what not, but root for what will, inevitably, be garbage, like this. Bill and Ted was great when I was in high school, and hell, I can even watch them now. A third movie isn't needed. They will only rehash the same jokes over and over from the first two.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

You wouldn’t think that a big star like Keanu Reeves -- who isn’t just an actor now but has also moved on to directing (Man of Tai Chi) and producing (Side by Side) -- would still be up for reprising his role as the goofy time-travelling rocker Ted "Theodore" Logan from the eternal Bill & Ted series. And yet, as talk persists that a Bill & Ted 3 might happen, Reeves seems quite game. No way!

I caught up with Reeves on the set of his revenge action thriller John Wick recently (look for more on that film soon), and the topic of the Two Great Ones of course came up. We also chatted about his next project, the sci-fi tale Passengers, and his love of genre films in general. Read on for all the Keanu goodness…

Bill & Ted back in the day
    Bill & Ted back in the day

IGN: So I was at a Christmas party the other night, and I met two little kids, brothers, and their names were Bill and Ted.

Reeves: Really?

IGN: I swear to God. My wife and I, afterwards, we were like, "They named them Bill and Ted, right? I didn't misunderstand?"

Reeves: Did they actually know that?

IGN: Well, they called the one kid "Teddy," but the influence is there. You keep hearing these murmurs about a third film. Is that something that could actually happen at some point?

Reeves: Yeah, the writers Ed Solomon and Chris Matheson wrote script. So there's efforts being made to try and get it made. It's a cool story. They came up with a really good story. It would be surreal to play that character at 50, but as long as it's funny and touches peoples' hearts.

IGN: But you would do it though, if it did become logistically realistic?

Reeves: Yeah, yeah. Alex Winter [Bill] and I have remained friends, and we collaborated a little bit with the writers. They have a worthwhile story.

Keanu_080613_1280
    What a 50-year-old Ted might look like

IGN: Those guys, the Bill and Ted-type guys, they're the ones who live forever anyway, right? My friends who were like that, they're going to outlive me by 60 years I think because they don't worry about anything.

Reeves: Yeah, and I love that about the characters. [laughs] They have an innocence and what I call an eternal optimism.

IGN: Passengers sounds like such a cool concept. We don't know a heck of a lot about it but it feels like a Twilight Zone episode or something like that.

Reeves: Yeah, Passengers is about a guy who wakes up on a spaceship that's doing a homesteading, that's going to another planet to live, along with 5,000 other passengers. Something happens, and he wakes up too soon. He's surrounded by the sleeping passengers and a robot android, Arthur. He starts to kind of lose his mind. He becomes lonely, and he ends up waking up a passenger, Aurora [played by Rachel McAdams], and not telling her. It's a love story -- Adam and Eve, in a kind of way.

IGN: But you love these things, don't you, the genre-type films?

Reeves: I love genre films when… and it's oftentimes what they can do, like science fiction or even a kung fu film, like with Man of Tai Chi, or films that I've had a chance to work in like The Matrix or A Scanner Darkly. Even, in a way, Chain Reaction or The Day the Earth Stood Still, for me they're the genres that can be a Trojan Horse for bigger ideas. They can have an entertainment value to them specific to the genre or not. Sometimes the story breaks out of the genre content. But then you can put in big ideas in human ways.
    Watch the Man of Tai-Chi great film, but Reeves is 50 damn I thought he was younger?

Status

Re: Bill & Ted Face the Music (2020)

Here's a first look, and I updated all the info.

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

I can't fucking wait for this, the first is one of my all-time favs and I also love Bogus Journey

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

Status

Here's a new poster, I'm going to have to rewatch the original two before seeing the third chapter.

Thread Information