Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It (2017)

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

Re: It (2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    John Boy was fine, not great but it's not like he's some brilliant actor capable of subtly playing an adult version of Bill. I didn't hate the second half because I love the actors but the truth is that even in the book the coming of age portion is better than the adult one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In Gen I agree with this though I love me some John Ritter. I am very much happy with the fact no one is bashing this Pennywise compared to Tim Curry's.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    It wasn't as if the adult actors from the original movie were bad. John Ritter, Olivia Hussey, Tim Reid, ect were all perfectly fine actors. The story just isn't as interesting with adults battling an evil force than a ragtag group of misfits kids. The scare factor isn't there as it's naturally scarier when kids aren't able to rely on the the adults and are having to handle things themselves. A movie like The Goonies is fun because it's a story involving kids having an adventure. The fun wouldn't have been as high if it were adults.
    Confession time: I have never read the book, nor seen the original film(s?) so I don't know how the mythology works behind the Pennywise character but would it work if they swapped the two around? For instance you have a group of young adults, say mid-twenties, in part one facing him and then it's their kids in the second part? Or maybe just do it the same way and add kids to the mix for part two? Again, I've not seen/read it, so I don't know if the characters have children, but the idea that Pennywise returns to reek revenge on those that defeated him previously through their children does seem a lot scarier than if it was/is those original kids as adults but without their own children.

"I'M PICKLE RRIIIIIICCCKKKKK!!!"

Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Canada

It (2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny RaiZ View Post
    Confession time: I have never read the book, nor seen the original film(s?) so I don't know how the mythology works behind the Pennywise character but would it work if they swapped the two around? For instance you have a group of young adults, say mid-twenties, in part one facing him and then it's their kids in the second part? Or maybe just do it the same way and add kids to the mix for part two? Again, I've not seen/read it, so I don't know if the characters have children, but the idea that Pennywise returns to reek revenge on those that defeated him previously through their children does seem a lot scarier than if it was/is those original kids as adults but without their own children.
    Sounds interesting but it would be terrible and defeat the entire purpose of the story. I really think you should read the book so you can understand why this wouldn't work.

EDIT: That goes double when you consider that none of the adults actually had children, another side effect of dealing with Pennywise.
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 08-03-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five MCU Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Question for bookreaders:

Spoiler:

What's with this gangbang scene I've been hearing about? And how exactly did they think that'd help them escape the sewer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Question for bookreaders:

Spoiler:

What's with this gangbang scene I've been hearing about? And how exactly did they think that'd help them escape the sewer?
    Spoiler:

They get lost in the tunnels and Beverly's brilliant idea to bring the group back together and create unity is to let all of them fuck her. Seriously.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Spoiler:

They get lost in the tunnels and Beverly's brilliant idea to bring the group back together and create unity is to let all of them fuck her. Seriously.
    Spoiler:

So was there any explanation how that was meant to work or was one of them just like "Shut up dude, you're gonna get to put your thing in a girl."?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Spoiler:

So was there any explanation how that was meant to work or was one of them just like "Shut up dude, you're gonna get to put your thing in a girl."?
    Spoiler:

I haven't read it in years but I don't recall there being any sort of full on explanation outside of them needing to do it to escape the sewer. I'm pretty sure she just up and says they need to put their things in her and then it begins. It is a rather interesting way of bridging the gap between childhood and adulthood, which is obviously a major theme of the novel. Also, it's not written trashy, it's actually one of the nicer parts of the book if I'm being honest.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Status

Spoiler:

Classic King.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Had some concerns going in when I first heard about this film as I was worried about how It'd compare to the first. But so far with what I've seen in the trailers and posters. Those concerns have all been waylaid. I have high hopes for this and I'm really looking forward to seeing this film!

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Sounds interesting but it would be terrible and defeat the entire purpose of the story. I really think you should read the book so you can understand why this wouldn't work.

EDIT: That goes double when you consider that none of the adults actually had children, another side effect of dealing with Pennywise.
    I'm considering doing a read through of every single King book in chronological release order. It's a tall order though, so I might need to work out which ones are actually worth my time outside of the famous ones and the ones I've already read and enjoyed.

It is definitely on that list though.

"I'M PICKLE RRIIIIIICCCKKKKK!!!"

Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr

|Hustle|Loyalty|Respect|

Status

I have never read the book or seen the original film, but I'm pumped for this one!

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    I have never read the book or seen the original film, but I'm pumped for this one!
    Honestly, it's probably for the best. King's stuff is hit and miss in terms of screen translation (for every Misery there's a Dark Tower, Needful Things and The Mangler) so it seems much better to me to go in with a fresh perspective.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Thread Information