Thread: Duster reviews a certain Invasion

This is the YES Movement

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

Duster reviews a certain Invasion

Hello everyone. I'll be reviewing the Invasion. I'll try and review all of it, starting with Shane showing up on Nitro. To start off, I'll also review the final WCW match. Jim's doing Kenta in ROH, Ed's doing TNA's inception and I'm doing the Invasion. Thought I'd join in on the fun. I'll start my reviews tonight!

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Duster reviews a certain Invasion

Looking forward to this already, as I only caught the tail end of it when it actually happened.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Harry_Sherlock

This is the YES Movement

Status

Now that I've posted my first LCW Show, I will be reviewing the two most important things from the final Nitro.

Ric Flair vs Sting:This match was what it was. I'm sure that it's better than any other 53 year old and 43 year old combo. A lot of people like to shit on this match and I can understand why. People were expecting a 30 minute classic from the guy's who made WCW famous. I'll agree that WCW should have had more of a better match to close out but I liked it more than others did. While I did enjoy it more than other people, I still think that a better match could have ended Nitro. 2 and a Half Stars

Shane "Buys" Nitro:
    Let me say this. The Invasion should never have become a McMahon Family Feud. I'm not a fan of this. It was a shock and a holy shit moment but that wears off in a short time. Vince and Shane go back and forth on the mic for a bit. This segment was good just they shouldn't have Shane in it. Based on whom WWF had, I would have had Paul Heyman be the man. I think it would be an even more shock and you could have two of the best promo-cutters in WWE history. Heyman was on commentary for WWF and Heyman could hype up WCW for weeks. It would have been good. Anyway, great promo's from Vince and Shane but the Invasion started off with a low. 3 and a quarter star.

I should be reviewing more tomorrow and the days after. There is a huge possibility that I won't be reviewing next week because I'm going on a week-long school trip.

Squash Fodder

Status

Nothing else other than Flair going up against Sting would have made sense to end Nitro in my opinion. Those two guys where WCW, so it was only fitting they closed the final chapter in the company’s history. However, as you said, the match could have been better. As for Shane McMahon being the owner of WCW, I don’t really have much problem with that premise. It’s how he actually developed in that role which I didn’t like. But even looking back now, the simultaneous live broadcasts of Raw and Nitro on Raw with Shane announcing that he was the owner of WCW still gives me goosebumps.

You say the invasion started off with a low, I actually believe it started off on a high. It just progressively got worse from there. Nonetheless, I’m interested to see the rest of your take on the angle.

This is the YES Movement

Status

Kurt Angle Olympic Ceremony: Angle cuts a good promo about being a hero, and how he's a hero because he won his Gold Medals in a match against Benoit at Judgement Day. The Olympic Music goes on and pyro goes off. Angle is about to cry, which is always awesome. Shane's out, the owner of WCW is in the building and is interrupting Angle's ceremony. Shane was always a good promo. Shane says that Kurt has three I's but he has 3 letters too. WCW. Shane explains what WCW means to Kurt Angle. I'm confused, from what I've seen of watching the Invasion PPV, WCW are heels, yet Shane's a face at this point in time. 2 and a Half Stars...it was a fun little promo but nothing special.

Lance Storm Invades:
    In what looks like Steve Blackman vs Perry Saturn, I'm realizing how awful Trish was in 01. Storm randomly showed up and super-kicked Saturn. Storm leaves through the crowd as I'm realizing this was a mixed-tag. That was uneventful. Oh, and Shane and Lance are partying as Storm is still running. They should have had somebody bigger like a Booker T or a DDP, or hell even a Bagwell. A main event player and a match that meant something. If it was an Austin match, it would be so much better. I compare it to Luger's return to WCW in 95. 1 and 3 Quarter Stars.

There is a Smackdown match where WCW Invades which I won't be reviewing, I may later. There will be a few minor things that I will not be reviewing and that's one. If you want to watch it, it's Jericho/Angle.

Hugh Morrus Invades Raw:
    Here's another short one, Kane/Edge are in a match and Kane just gave Edge the Chokeslam. Hugh Morrus gave Edge a Moon-Sault which I was fine with. It had a Storm invading feel to it. Which I was fine with and we could get some more. 1 and a half stars.

I hope to be reviewing King of the Ring soon, actually I may review start reviewing it on Thursday and end the review on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster View Post
    Lance Storm Invades: [/B]In what looks like Steve Blackman vs Perry Saturn, I'm realizing how awful Trish was in 01.
    A little tip for reviews, try to explain why you feel a certain way. Like, why are you realizing Trish was so awful? I'm not even completely sure if you're saying she was wrestling in the intergender tag, doing a run-in, commentating or what? Also, when it comes to your star ratings, is that in reflection of the match or just the run-in?

This is the YES Movement

Status

^Alright, thanks. I'll try to be more specific next time. I was talking about the segment.

At the end of this, I'll be averaging out all my reviews.

Thread Information