Thread: Italian Footballer Morosini Dies After Collapse On Pitch

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

Italian Footballer Morosini Dies After Collapse On Pitch

Ex-Italy under-21 footballer Piermario Morosini has died following a suspected heart attack on the pitch, football officials say.
    The midfielder was playing for Livorno in the Serie B match at Pescara when he fell to the ground in the 31st minute.
    A defibrillator was used and Morosini, 25, was taken to hospital. The game was halted with other players in tears.
    All league games in Italy this weekend have been called off following Morosini's death.
    Morosini had been on loan to Livorno from the Serie A club Udinese.
    He collapsed face down and appeared to be in convulsion. The referee's assistant drew the referee's attention and he stopped the game.
    The footballer was taken to Pescara's Santo Spirito hospital by ambulance, but he could not be revived.
    Last month Bolton's Fabrice Muamba was technically "dead" for 78 minutes after collapsing in an FA Cup tie.
    The 24-year-old England player is now making "strong and steady improvements".
    Following Muamba's collapse, attention had been drawn to the situation for athletes in Italy, which has mandatory cardiac screening for all young people engaged in organised sport.
    The charity Cardiac Risk in the Young says that the Italian measures have reduced the incidence of young sudden cardiac death in Italy by 90% in the 30 years since the screening was introduced.

bbcsport
    This is awful news, RIP Morosini.

Cider 'I' Up

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Italian Footballer Morosini Dies After Collapse On Pitch

Heard about this earlier so sad at that age to. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

First Muamaba then Pretrov now this. what is going on? R.I.P Morosini

Established Veteran

Status

Never really heard of him but still sad. RIP

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Udinese captain Antonio Di Natale to look after disabled sister of Piermario Morosini following player's death.

Udinese captain Antonio Di Natale will look after the sister of Piermario Morosini after he died during a Serie B game.

Morosini, 25, was on loan at Livorno when he collapsed and died during a clash with Pescara on Saturday. Udinese has confirmed plans to look after the player's only remaining family member, his severely disabled sister. The player's sister relied on Morosini for financial support following the death of their parents, and Di Natale has assured that Udinese will now look after her.

"We know the situation of his sister and we as a team, the club, and Udinese for Life have decided to help her because she is in real need," Di Natale said.

"It is essential to stay by the side of Piermario’s sister for her entire life. She needs us and we want to help, both for her and for Mario. When I saw the scene on the TV it was immediately clear that it was something serious. It was a very bad moment. He was an exceptional lad, so full of life. Despite all the problems he had, he was always at the disposal of the team and every day he gave us all strength."

The Italian Football Association (FIGC) opted to cancel all Serie A fixtures in the wake of Morosini's tragic death.

Telegraph.co.uk

Classy act from Di Natale.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Yeah nice of him and the club.

I hadn't heard of the player if I'm being honest but still a very sad state of affairs.

And he scores goals...!

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status
    Well, I guess I better put my pants on!!!
      Country                    ca=Canada

Morosini was a good player, but more than that, he was a great person. His life was full of tragedy and yet, he always had a smile on his face and lived life to the fullest. Both his parents died when he was very young and his brother committed suicide. He looked after his disabled sister and now that he is gone, she has basically nobody. It's great to see Udinese (one of the classiest clubs in the World) take charge and do the right thing.

RIP Piermario

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    ie=Ireland

So sad to hear this kind of news. I wasn't familiar with the footballer but sounds like he was a classy lad on and off the pitch. RIP Morosini

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidTakerFan View Post
    Here's to hoping this goes Steve or Ed's way. Nash your a poofter and a Donald supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidTakerFan View Post

Tiger Woods v 1.0 was great but Tiger 2.0 is SHIT. That is all. Rory for Prez Fowler for Vice Prez and Luke Donald can suck my balls. MTF
    One of these days the clock will stop and time won't mean a thing.
    Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters
    I don't like to hit little bitches with glasses, but when midgets step up, I stomp midget asses

Thread Information