Thread: Reunite Smackdown and Raw into one show!

Curtain Jerker

Status

Reunite Smackdown and Raw into one show!

I feel like WWE has too many titles and too many stars now. They should consider eliminating a lot of talent and recombining the two shows into one. This would easily bring more prestige back to the titles, by having one instead of two of everything. They will need to develop better storylines because they would have twice as long to build them before PPVs. I'm pretty sure one of the main reasons storylines are crap now because the time slot to develop them has been cut in half since smackdown and raw split, not to mention too many wrestlers on the roster.

Dat Boi

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Reunite Smackdown and Raw into one show!

So I see you want John Cena and Randy Orton on both shows every week. Because that's what you're telling me you want.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Crippler View Post
    So I see you want John Cena and Randy Orton on both shows every week. Because that's what you're telling me you want.
    Well I like Cena, and if they changed Orton's character a little I'd like him as well.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Not gunna happen.

They pull in great ratings in comparison to other shows in those timeslots, hitting the right markets with a large share. And to say all storylines are crap now is a joke, I'd say 1 out of 4 is actually bad, which is pretty much the same ratio throughout history, going back to Warrior/Shango.

Cutting the roster by half and combining the shows is so so counterproductive, and essentially what a company in decline does, not a growing one. More Wrestling = A Happy Nash

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2018 - 20/15/1 - 4th in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England
    I disagree. There are alot of wrestlers right now who I love but barely get any screen time, and I enjoy the midcard matches. If they cut the roster a lot of that would have to go, which would be a big loss in my book.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Crippler View Post
    You're implying that we don't already see Orton on both shows every week.

They've basically been booking both shows together for the last six months, I'm definitely for ending the brand split. It's pointless and if they even try doing another draft it would be completely dumb. It wouldn't change anything significant except put Cena on SmackDown more often - the same midcarders would turn up on each shows and the same main eventers too.

The problem with the argument that they would use SmackDown to further storylines, though, is that's what it should be used for today, but it's not.

And there's a lot of deadweight on the roster that I think the company could do without. Not because they're necessarily bad, but because there's better and more useful people to dedicate TV time to.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Not gunna happen.

They pull in great ratings in comparison to other shows in those timeslots, hitting the right markets with a large share. And to say all storylines are crap now is a joke, I'd say 1 out of 4 is actually bad, which is pretty much the same ratio throughout history, going back to Warrior/Shango.

Cutting the roster by half and combining the shows is so so counterproductive, and essentially what a company in decline does, not a growing one. More Wrestling = A Happy Nash
    Wrestling as of right now is far too predictable, the last time I was legitimately shocked was when Austin did a heel turn for the two man power trip, Edge winning the belt from Cena by cashing in MITB was close, but still predictable. It gets really boring when the audience can predict the match outcomes 90% of the time.

The matches are generally good, just rarely any good promos or good storylines, recycled bull**** over and over again.

More wrestlers doesn't mean more wrestling. You can have more wrestling with just the same guys. I'd rather see three really good storylines than 5 average storylines and one good storyline. WWE has a lack of decent stars and it's due to pushing too many people. Eras are defined by a few people.

Also WWE can get away with a lot more crappy match outcomes and avoidance of big stars going over big stars except on PPVs. Since the separation of Raw and Smackdown, a lot more big matches simply don't have an ending. This is because there is only 4 shows until a PPV, whereas in the past there is 8 shows and it's harder to stretch up the big match and fill that much time. This is why before the shows separated we actually got WWE title changes on television rather than just on PPV.
    Last edited by RandysHottie; 04-12-2012 at 04:58 AM.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

So the initial Nexus Invasion, Punk's Shoot Promos and MiTB weren't shocking? They were bland storylines? Recycled bull****? And that was in the last year, I could probably name 15/20 things that shocked me since Austin turned.

It's not as easy as you think to have 3 storylines over with the fans. Quite a few look good on paper, but actually quickly lost interest. It's not like creative are saying 'I want thios to be an average storyline' , they want everything to get over. They are doing extremely well at the moment, Punk/Jericho and Brock/Cena, hell, even Bryan/AJ are what I'd consider good storylines. It seems like you a bitching about a product which has probably been better in this past year in terms of entertainment than I can remember.

TBH, I don't want Title Changes on TV, otherwise what's the point in a PPV? No-ones gunna buy them if you see the same matches every week on Raw.

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2018 - 20/15/1 - 4th in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    ie=Ireland

I can agree with the predictability, but ever since I started watching in the mid 80's I've been able to spot/identify outcomes, turns, and **** others have deemed 'shocking' but I chalk that only up to high aptitude. The product, as of late, has been surprisingly good, or better than in recent years. Punk, Bryan, Lesnar, super heel Jericho, the iconic Trips/Taker/HBK HIAC at WM28 (will go down in my book as the end of one of the greatest stories and matches ever told), amongst others which are all great in their own right and those listed are really working a great program. Punk/Jericho is probably one of my favorite storylines in the last 10 years to be honest. Cena on the other hand I haven't liked nor cared for since his inception into the company, but that is a story all for another day. Simply put I don't believe combining the brands will do anything, actually it won't do anything, they already cross mingle on a weekly basis, so its a moot point really lad.

The only real thing I'm highly against is the PG rating type **** but with Punk and a few others they have departed somewhat from those viewpoints. So it doesn't bother nearly as bad as it once did post Attitude Era.

Instead of getting your knickers in a bunch just sit back and enjoy what creative and the superstars are doing, or don't, ultimately at the end of the day it is what it is.
    Last edited by MorbidTakerFan; 04-12-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidTakerFan View Post
    Here's to hoping this goes Steve or Ed's way. Nash your a poofter and a Donald supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidTakerFan View Post

Tiger Woods v 1.0 was great but Tiger 2.0 is SHIT. That is all. Rory for Prez Fowler for Vice Prez and Luke Donald can suck my balls. MTF
    One of these days the clock will stop and time won't mean a thing.
    Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters
    I don't like to hit little bitches with glasses, but when midgets step up, I stomp midget asses

Simply The Greatest

Status
    They may as well. I dont get why SD guys are on Raw but not the other way around. Plus, titles would mean something. World Title feuds would always feel fresh as well. Now, a lot of title feuds (not all) are rehashed feuds, or bad feuds like Sheamus/Del Rio. Seriously, who wants to see Sheamus/Del Rio for a belt that Shawn Michaels and Triple H were fighting for?

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Cutting out half the roster would be a monstrosity. Straight away that's NXT gone (prepare for a serious backlash). And we will have 2 shows a week filled with Cena, Orton, Del Rio, Miz etc... The talent is fine at the moment. Yes maybe a few need to go who aren't doing anything...Zeke, JTG, Bellas etc... But cutting the roster would do a hell of a lot of damage to the company.

The amount of talent and titles is fine right now. I think the Raw talent share is here to stay which is fine because Smackdown talent can have more tv time so it kind of works.

Im more than happy with the current state of the WWE. Just waiting for NXT to become a recognised brand in WWE and I will be extatic.

Team Cyrus T

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I prefer the roster with how it is now. It's practically a combination of the Brand Extension and Pre-Brand Extension roster styles; folks get needed exposure but the titles aren't scattered all over the place, and the angles are tight enough to where they're still brand-specific. They don't carry over to the point where you HAVE to watch every show to keep up.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

The talent share on Raw is good. Because you can put stars on Smackdown to help the brand but still feature them on Raw to get noticed. It's a sweet deal for all really

Sweet Meat

Status

If anything, the RAW Supershow shows what a bad idea this is and WWE seriously needs to draft the guys and end the supershow concept and go back to the brand split, even if ****tily done. And two different GMs too <.<

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Certified G

Status

I liked the initial brand split in 2002 where you only had Raw guys on Raw and Smackdown guys on Smackdown, it at least made things feel different and made the draft actually feel important. I'd rather they want back to this and cut out the Supershow, its easy for newer people on Raw or mid-carders to get lost in the shuffle when you're trying to promote a Smackdown storyline on Raw.

Chikara Trainee

Status

I think that if they were to have a draft, that would mark the end of the Supershow. With the return of Brock Lesnar, they can afford to have the brand split. Once Cena and Lesnar are done feuding, they can be separated and one of them can be placed on each brand.

Brains

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I like both ideas: ending the brand extension and combining evrything or having a full-fledged brand extension like they did for several years. I starte watching in mid-06, when the brand extension started to matter less. But from what I've seen of just before that, the brand extension was pretty cool. I would love to see single-branded PPV's again and for the brands to actually act like seperate brands. Correct me if I'm wrong but ECW is where the brand extension started being ignored. If i'm wrong about that, i apologize but it seems that's where it went awry.

Thread Information