Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion (2nd April 2012)

Brick Shithouse

Status

Raw WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion (2nd April 2012)

Monday Night Raw - 2nd April 2012

The Rock won, what next for Cena?

This week on Raw, it's the aftermath to a historic Wrestlemania event. All eyes will be on John Cena and the Rock after they battle in the main event, but it was the Great One who ended up victorious. John Cena, who claimed that the match was the most important of his life and that he had to win, ended up making one vital mistake at the conclusion of the match and ended up losing to his rival from Hollywood. This week on Raw, expect to see an emotional response from Cena. Frustrations will be running high for Cena who described Wrestlemania 28 as the biggest match of his career. With so many strong words shared between the two before Wrestlemania, what is next for both Cena and the Rock?

Also on Raw

Last night, Chris Jericho failed to prove that he was the best in the world as CM Punk made Jericho tap out to retain his WWE Championship. Will Chris Jericho continue to try and get into the head of the Champion, or will a new challenger emerge? Also at Wrestlemania, we found out that John Laurinaitis is now the permanent General Manager of both Raw and SmackDown. With full power in his hands, expect to see Laurinaitis express his authority on the WWE. Finally, the Streak remained in tact after Undertaker defeated HHH inside Hell in a Cell. Billed as an "End of an Era" match, it felt eerily similar to last year's match only with the roles reversed for the most part: this time it was HHH that needed assistance getting to the back. Last year, it was nearly a year before we saw Undertaker again: when will we see the Deadman in WWE again? Find out all this and more fallout from Wrestlemania on this week's Raw Supershow.

WC's Hot WWE Threads

Discuss SmackDown here

Discuss NXT here
    Is the Streak getting stale?
    Bring back an old wrestler
    Wrestling Clique Roundtable - Hall of Fame Edition

Should be a really interesting show to say the least. I'll finally be back to the LD this week and I hope you guys will all join

Your Graphics Heel

Status

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion (2nd April 2012)

The Rock shows up for a speech. Out comes CM Punk. They get into a war of words. Punk ends up attacking Rocky. GTS countered, Rock Bottom. Rocky picks up the belt. Pulls out a full time WWE contract and signs on the belt. Punk vs Rock at the next PPV.

Plus

Sheamus and Lesnar stare down.

Plus

Bryan jobs to Santino, because HHH is mad that he was getting chants.

On Vacation

Status

Rock vs Cena II at Summer Slam maybe??

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status
      Country                    United States

Bu-bu-but... it was ONCE in a lifetime!

Spoiler:

Brick Shithouse

Status

Any predictions for tonight?

I reckon we'll see Undertaker, we'll get another match made a year in advance (or they might lay the groundwork for it, a la HHH/Taker) and Jericho/Punk will continue.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

You can't beat the Raw after Mania. Always excited to see what goes down. If the rumours about Lesnar signing are true I could see him showing up and setting up a match with someone. Taker, Cena...

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

I've called this in the roundtable, and I think there's a chance it could happen. Taker his a promo talking abou how he has validated himself after putting right the Humiliation of wm27, and with the streak at 20-0 there are no challenges left for him. He announces he's retiring........

The spanner in the works could be Lesnar who I'm confident will be on the show, because he could interrupt the promo and do a stare down to hype wrestlemania 29s main event. Who knows, maybe that's fantasy booking.

Elsewere in looking forward to John cena smiling off his loss to rock like it was nothing, and johnny ace making some sort of big announcement.

Brick Shithouse

Status

Ten man tag announced for the show:
    John Cena, Randy Ortonm, C.M. Punk, Big Show and Sheamus vs. Mark Henry, Kane, Chris Jericho, Cody Rhodes and Daniel Bryan.

Looks good to me, if given enough time.

I really think Lesnar is back tonight. He debuted the night after Wrestlemania 18, so it would be a nice bit of symmetry. The ten man tag would give him a great opportunity to destroy a few guys too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbHM335Mby4

Underdog

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Maybe CM Punk will challenge The Rock for next years and Chris Jericho challenges The Undertake for next years as well.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Rumours or not, I will be very, very surprised if Brock returns tonight, in the near future or at all in fact.

Brock is not Rock. He can't draw casual viewers and former fans like Rock can. He doesn't deserve or merit the sort of pay day Rock was presumably on or the schedule Rock was and will be working, and I presume that's exactly the sort of deal Brock would want.

I'm prepared to be wrong though as it would be cool for Undertaker/Brock to happen after all that has went on between those two in recent years.

And he scores goals...!

Underdog

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Or a Brock/CM Punk match. That would be epic and you have Paul Heyman calling the match. They're both Paul Heyman guys! Haha.

Merry Christmas

Status

I think his best feud would be with Cena as when Brock left Cena took his spot as top guy and has carried it since.

Underdog

Status
      Country                    10=Lost

Expecting Lord Tensai to show up tonight too. I'm not sure they'd do two returns/debuts on a single night so I'm not counting on Lesnar coming in. But I'd completely mark out if it happened.

I'm expecting Punk getting a new feud with somebody else. I'd utterly love if it The Rock went for the belt and feuded with Punk, but I guess they'll plant the seeds for a rematch with Cena at SummerSlam. All in all, I just can't see more mileage to Punk/Jericho after Y2J failed to defeat Punk in two consecutive PPVs. I just hope it's not Laurinatis/Punk again as it was hinted at Wrestlemania, that should be water under the bridge and I think Ace would be better feuding with midcard faces. He's a bit too comedic (I love him, mind) for main event feuds.

Merry Christmas

Status

I would love to see Rock Cena II. But it just bugged me that the first was billed once in a life time. If they gonna do it again.

GMT Baby

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
    Expecting Lord Tensai to show up tonight too. I'm not sure they'd do two returns/debuts on a single night so I'm not counting on Lesnar coming in. But I'd completely mark out if it happened.

I'm expecting Punk getting a new feud with somebody else. I'd utterly love if it The Rock went for the belt and feuded with Punk, but I guess they'll plant the seeds for a rematch with Cena at SummerSlam. All in all, I just can't see more mileage to Punk/Jericho after Y2J failed to defeat Punk in two consecutive PPVs. I just hope it's not Laurinatis/Punk again as it was hinted at Wrestlemania, that should be water under the bridge and I think Ace would be better feuding with midcard faces. He's a bit too comedic (I love him, mind) for main event feuds.

Yeah they did enough of the Punk v Johnny stuff already. Maybe Punk will continue with Jericho for another PPV, although as Jericho lost perhaps not.

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States
    Setup for Rock Punk next year? Who knows?

I am curious how Cena addresses this loss. It's the first time in his career he promised to win and failed to deliver. I suspect that will way heavily on him tonight.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

I feel like Rock/Cena will make up and shake hands or whatnot. Undertaker comes out and challenges Cena for a WM 29 match next year....

Everyone leaves leaving Cena in the ring alone, and as he about to leave a big man comes in and knocks Cena down, the man has japanese tattoos on his skull and is Lord Tensai (aka A-Train, Albert) and the commentators are going to be so useless that they don't even remember him being in the WWE just 8 years ago.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

I got my WM prediction right when I knew that Jericho would tap at WrestleMania. I feel like Punk vs. Jericho II will happen at Extreme Rules in a Submission match and then again with Punk vs. Jericho III at Over the Limit in which Punk wins in an "I Quit" match.

Underdog

Status
      Country                    10=Lost

I can't see the Undertaker coming out to challenge the guy that lost the Wrestlemania main event. If Taker/Cena is going to happen, I don't think it makes sense to announce it tonight. Cena will have other issues dealing with his defeat, too.

I think that The Undertaker will announce that he will retire at next Wrestlemania, and will look for somebody "worthy" to end the legend, etc... and have the last shot at The Streak. The selection of the rival will then become an angle.
    Last edited by Village Idiot; 04-02-2012 at 07:07 PM.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Some news for tonight

Spoiler:

The current Raw script, which is pretty much finalized, features the return of Alberto Del Rio, who was held off Wrestlemania as the company wanted him to return in a much grander way than as part of the 12 Man Tag.
    Lord Tensai, aka Albert and Giant Bernard, is also backstage, so he could pop up tonight.

A number of WWE developmental talents are at the tapings as well.

pwinsider

Thread Information