Page 3 of 266 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

People's Champion

Status

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

For discussion

Do Chelsea need a new right-back or is Branislav Ivanovic good enough there?

Opinions as they have been linked with signing Dutch international Gregory Van Der Weil, 24, for 8m pounds from Ajax

I think as a Chelsea fan regardless of Ivanovic that this would be a good deal considering Chelsea spent twice as much on Bosingwa and more on Ferreira

The guy is quick, can tackle, pass, dribble and his price will only go up if he has a good Euros

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

IMO Ivanovic has been one of Chelsea's underrated players this year. Guys been a boss every time I see him. But Yeah he's not enough when you consider bosignwa & Ferrira is your backup choices. Him & Van Der Wiel would be good much better with Jose getting sold. Paulo may as well stay since he only players like 3 times a year anyway

When the black man talkin

Status

I think Ivanovic is a very good player. He's still been solid this year, even if it was far from his best year. And I don't think Ferreira is bad backup either, you don't tend to see him having bad games, although he is getting on a bit. I don't think the RB position is a priority for Chelsea - I think there's other places which desperately need attention beforehand. Having said that, Van Der Wiel for that price is probably worth snapping up anyway, especially since Chelsea don't have a shortage of money.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Sports
    Robert Lewandowski's agent has confirmed Manchester United's interest in his charge.

Sir Alex Ferguson and Mike Phelan were both in Germany on Saturday to watch Borussia Dortmund's cup final triumph over Bayern Munich.

Midfielder Shinji Kagawa has long been on United's radar, but German sources claim that defender Mats Hummels and Polish striker Lewandowski were also coming under Ferguson's scrutiny.

And now Lewandowski's agent Maik Barthel has confirmed that his client has snubbed Dortmund's offer of a new contract whilst also revealing United's interest.

"I can confirm that the (new contract) offer of Borussia Dortmund is insufficient," Maik Barthel told Bild.

"I am also able to confirm an interest of Manchester United in the services of Robert Lewandowski."

News of Lewandowski shunning new terms will be a blow to Dortmund, but they have already insisted in the past couple of weeks that they would not contemplate selling the 23-year-old.

Lewandowski has emerged as Dortmund's main striker this season, hitting 22 goals for the German double winners.
    Time for Glazers to dust off their cheque book.

And he scores goals...!

Status

Sounds like an agent trying to get his client some more £££.

Lewandowski was undoubtedly one of the top strikers in Europe last year, but they're going to need a lot to persuade Dortmund to get rid, especially since they've lost Barrios and, probably, Kagawa.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

More United rumours:

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba is likely to leave the club despite his admiration for Sir Alex Ferguson, according to his agent.

Pogba is highly rated by the Red Devils, who have been trying to tie him down to a new contract, but the French youngster has also attracted strong interest from Juventus.

And the 19-year-old's agent Mino Raiola has revealed the player's future appears to lie elsewhere.

"As things stand now it is more likely that he goes away from Manchester," said Raiola.

But Raiola, who claimed to be echoing the views of his client, was full of praise for the United boss.

He added: "I can only say that, from my point of view, Sir Alex Ferguson is top of the world.

"If Pogba leaves Manchester it is not because of Ferguson. If Ferguson had not been there, he would have left already.

"Even in our discussions, hearing from him has been amazing and fascinating. He captures like no other manager the essence of football.

"My opinion is not far away from how Paul thinks of him."

Raiola's comments suggest Pogba has chosen to join newly-crowned Serie A champions Juventus, given that he claimed last month the decision would be a straight choice between United and the Turin giants.
    Wish he would just gtfo already.

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Paul Scholes has signed a one-year contract extension with Manchester United.

Scholes, who came out of retirement in January, has been weighing up whether or not to prolong his career beyond this season.

The 37-year-old has now decided to stay on for another season with Ferguson admitting next term will be his last before he eventually hangs up his boots.

"It has been done. He is staying," Ferguson told MUTV at the club's Player of the Year dinner.

"I am delighted.

"He knew he had made a mistake. He now realises if he plays 25 or 30 games next season, they will be of real quality.

"I think this will be Paul's last season. We know him very well. We have had him since he was a kid. We know how to use him."
    Awhhh yeah (kind of anyway)

Lille ace Eden Hazard has confirmed that he will be playing in Manchester next season, but refused to reveal whether it will be at City or United.

Hazard's future has been the subject of intense speculation for some time with a host of clubs across Europe chasing his signature.

The Belgian international revealed over the weekend he would be quitting Lille at the end of the season after six years at the club.

City and United have both been strongly linked with Hazard having watched him on several occasions this season with reports suggesting City are in pole position to land the playmaker.

The 21-year-old has now confirmed he will be moving to the Premier League and will be plying his trade in Manchester next season after being named Ligue 1's Player of the year for the second consecutive season.

"To Manchester, I've already said," Hazard replied when asked about his likely destination at the end of the current season when speaking at the awards gala.

"The decision will be taken soon."
    Fairly certain he'll be at City next season ftl.

And he scores goals...!

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    England

I love the fact that Pogba is saying he isn't leaving Utd because of Ferguson yet won't say why he is leaving Utd.

Like you said just go already, your obviously too arrogant to stay with Utd. We have better players in reserve anyway imo, Tunniclife being one....

Status

I think the reason Pogba wants to leave is exactly the same as what it was five months ago. Just money. It's disgusting that you get these young kids like Ravel Morrison and Pogba who have lots of potential and are working under one of the best managers of all time at one of Europe's biggest clubs ... and they want to leave because they can make an extra £20k a week.

Scholes for another season is a good move because he's been sensational, but Man Utd still need another CM (as well as other things).

Status

I think the past few seasons have turned me into a pessimist, but I half-expected Robin Van Persie to be leaving Arsenal this summer. Or staying next season but refusing a new contract and then walking next summer.

WWE Mod

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

Van Persie's apparantly meeting with Wenger tomorrow morning. If he's going to leave and there's nothing we can do about it then I'd rather he did it as soon as possible. Last summer was a shambles with Nasri and Fabregas leaving after the start of the season, it left us in a right mess.

If it comes out this summer that he's signed a new contract though, it'll be the best news we've had for years.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Owen is finally leaving United

Former England striker Michael Owen is set to leave Manchester United after revealing he will not be offered a new contract.

The 32-year-old, whose deal expires this summer, has announced via Twitter that the club will not be renewing his terms.

"The Manager informed me after our testimonial match on Tuesday that the club would not be offering me a new contract," said the former England striker. "I have loved every minute of the 3 years I have spent at such a fantastic club.

"I would like to thank the players, staff and fans for their support and wish them well for the future. I now plan to have a short holiday during which I will contemplate my next move."

The former Liverpool, Real Madrid and Newcastle forward joined United on a free transfer in summer 2009 but was unable to reignite his once glittering career. He made just four appearances in the season just ended and has not played competitively since November due to a thigh injury.

the guardian

Status

He'll probably go fuck off to pursue his real passion, horse racing.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Thank the Lord! No clue why they kept him last year but whatever.

I could still see him doing a job for a mid-table Premier League side (Lolerpool! ) if he got lucky with injuries, but let's be honest, that's not going to happen is it!

And he scores goals...!

Status

So it looks like Rene Adler of Bayer Leverkusen has signed with Hamburg. Before he got injured, Adler was a German international and was considered to be neck-and-neck with Manuel Neuer. Adler got hurt, Leverkusen lost a couple more keepers and ended up loaning Bernd Leno, who played so well he got signed. Adler left on a free and if he can return to close to his best with Hamburg, its a great signing as he would be one of the top keepers in Germany. But if, though.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    So it looks like Rene Adler of Bayer Leverkusen has signed with Hamburg. Before he got injured, Adler was a German international and was considered to be neck-and-neck with Manuel Neuer. Adler got hurt, Leverkusen lost a couple more keepers and ended up loaning Bernd Leno, who played so well he got signed. Adler left on a free and if he can return to close to his best with Hamburg, its a great signing as he would be one of the top keepers in Germany. But if, though.
    Germany has such an abundance of great keepers these days. There's no doubt that Neuer is the top, everyone acknowledges that and people are finally coming around to the fact that he's the best keeper in the world (even though he was poor in the DFB Pokal against Dortmund). But the keepers behind Neuer would all be a top keeper for most other nations: Leno; Weise; ter Stegen; Ulreich have been standouts this year to name just a few.

Their keeper situation rivals that of Spain these days.

It'll be interesting to see how Adler does. After Enke's death, Adler was seen as the number one keeper in Germany. He's been horribly unlucky with the timing of his injuries: getting injured as first choice Germany keeper which then allowed Neuer to take over that number one spot. Then getting injured for Leverkusen which has allowed Leno to flourish in goal. I suppose my only question is why do Hamburg even need Adler when they have a top goalkeeper themselves?

People's Champion

Status

Dont forget Zieler, the guy United let go early on, has been quality this year

In other news, the new european champions Chelsea (wow that sounds great) have jumped ahead of both Manchester clubs in the race for Eden Hazard. Both Manchester clubs dont seem to want to pay Hazard his wanted 175k+ wages but Chelsea, needing more influx of talent to defend their crown are

As a Chelsea fan this could be a real coup as Hazard is a real talent

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Really don't believe that at all. What's your source? Certainly sounds like pure paper talk based on Chelsea's win.

Also, why wouldn't City pay 175k a week wages? Yes City who pay at least 250k to most of their big stars!

And he scores goals...!

I am the Outlaw

Status

Haha I love the way he stated that as a fact. Transfer muppet! Lille already confirmed they're meeting both Manchester clubs next week according to the BBC site but the only mention of Chelsea has been in the Daily Mail, so yeah.

I think Chelsea will undoubtedly be back in for Modric now.

I've been accused of being a lot of things, inarticulate ain't one of them

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Apparently french Media stated that as well. Can't confirm it but just what I heard. Personally I reckon the guy will be at City come September.

I am the Outlaw

Status

I'd have to agree. If they don't outbid us they'll definitely offer him more money.

Although this is a bit more credible:

Quote Originally Posted by www.telegraph.co.uk
    Champions League final 2012: Chelsea take a step closer to signing highly-rated Lille forward Eden Hazard

Even as the club where building up to the Champions League final, Chelsea were preparing for next season as they moved closer to securing a deal for Eden Hazard.

It is understood that they made a breakthrough in negotiations on Friday that could lead to Chelsea signing the highly-rated Belgian forward in a 35 million euro (£28.3 million) deal from Lille.

Both Manchester City and Manchester United are interested in signing the player but have been put off by the exorbitant demands being made by Hazard’s representatives.

Well-placed sources have revealed that he is asking for wages of £4.6million net, which means an annual outlay of about £9 million for a club. That is a weekly salary of roughly £170,000.

While Hazard is one of the most talented young players in Europe, both City and United are unwilling to pay such a huge salary for a 21 year-old who has only played in the French league.

While City could afford it, they no longer feel they are in the position of needing to offer disproportionately large contracts to persuade players to sign.
    Last edited by Bad News Tommy; 05-20-2012 at 08:29 AM.

I've been accused of being a lot of things, inarticulate ain't one of them

Thread Information