Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 5950

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if we bit on that.

Fun story - Jeff Reine-Adelaide had no future at the club so he was sold to Angiers for 1.5m last summer. Had himself a season in France and is now killing it for the French U21 side. So he's likely going to move to Monaco for 20m. We are fucking atrocious at transfers and apparently at talent analysis. Just fucking atrocious.
    Serge Gnbary comes to mind, mate.

I have no idea how he was allowed to part so easily and you've got to keep watching Iwobi trying to be Ronaldo Haha!

Frustration continues for a lot of the English teams in the market it seems. So quiet.

Worrying times from a United perspective. Definitely had hoped to see a couple out and a few in by now.

No way that Ole is going to get to the start of pre-season with his squad complete for the season at this stage. I think we're likely headed for a panic buy final week in the market at this rate.

All the talk about sell Lukaku, sell Pogba, sell De Gea. Regardless of what anyone thinks of these players, there's a whole list of others that need to go before any of these three and the last thing United want to do is sell any of these- have more money to burn and then teams charge even more of a premium on top of the desperation.

Worrying times I'm even souring on the AWB deal now. Thomas Muenier is available Ed Deadwood

Status

Gnabry comparison makes sense but they were slightly different situations. What they both most have in common is injuries.

Gnabry was sold because he wouldn't sign a contract extension. He had one year left. He missed an entire year with a knee injury and was loaned out in hopes he would gain fitness. But he was apparently not good enough for West Brom (side-eye glance at Ed), came back in January, and didn't play much. His agent apparently demanded guarantees he would start (not sure if confirmed or rumor) and be first choice, which wasn't going to happen. So he refused to sign a new deal. The Bremen deal was just to avoid losing him for free.

The Jeff (thanks ArseCast) was sold because he wasn't able to make headway towards the first team. He also couldn't stay healthy, but never managed anything but cup appearances in the early rounds. This one feels more like a failure of coaching and analysis to me.

Selling your stars to have money to replace the guys you really need to get rid of.... EXACT SAME conversation is happening amongst Arsenal supporters. Cray how much we have aligned.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Keep dreaming

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post

I have no idea how he was allowed to part so easily and you've got to keep watching Iwobi trying to be Ronaldo Haha!

Frustration continues for a lot of the English teams in the market it seems. So quiet.

Worrying times from a United perspective. Definitely had hoped to see a couple out and a few in by now.

No way that Ole is going to get to the start of pre-season with his squad complete for the season at this stage. I think we're likely headed for a panic buy final week in the market at this rate.

All the talk about sell Lukaku, sell Pogba, sell De Gea. Regardless of what anyone thinks of these players, there's a whole list of others that need to go before any of these three and the last thing United want to do is sell any of these- have more money to burn and then teams charge even more of a premium on top of the desperation.

Worrying times I'm even souring on the AWB deal now. Thomas Muenier is available Ed Deadwood
    It will be more of the same for United this season if things don’t change, maybe even worse. You were right, Deco, there are others that need to go before the big names.

I’m Not Booked!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post

I wouldn’t worry too much about a lack of deals yet. There’s the U21 Euros, AFCON and Copa America going on, so players might not be able to talk, and selling clubs often want to wait until afterwards as prices can get inflated after a good tournament. Plus these things tend to be a chain reaction as well, so one deal can’t happen until one before is sorted. You also don’t want to rush deals as it makes you look desperate and it’s hard to get a good deal (which Daniel Levy understands to a frustrating degree). It’ll kick in in no time I’m sure.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Keefmoon View Post
    I wouldn’t worry too much about a lack of deals yet. There’s the U21 Euros, AFCON and Copa America going on, so players might not be able to talk, and selling clubs often want to wait until afterwards as prices can get inflated after a good tournament. Plus these things tend to be a chain reaction as well, so one deal can’t happen until one before is sorted. You also don’t want to rush deals as it makes you look desperate and it’s hard to get a good deal (which Daniel Levy understands to a frustrating degree). It’ll kick in in no time I’m sure.
    From a United perspective, I hope you're right mate. I have very little faith in my club at the moment and I never thought I'd ever say that Haha!

But yeah, very true with so many competitions on-going.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Shake..what's the deal with this on again, off again saga with the Motherwell lad?
    I have a plan so cunning......

Heel Champion

Status

Spurs are spending money, what on earth? £65m for Ndombele.

The Planet's Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Gnabry was sold because he wouldn't sign a contract extension. He had one year left. He missed an entire year with a knee injury and was loaned out in hopes he would gain fitness. But he was apparently not good enough for West Brom (side-eye glance at Ed), came back in January, and didn't play much. His agent apparently demanded guarantees he would start (not sure if confirmed or rumor) and be first choice, which wasn't going to happen. So he refused to sign a new deal. The Bremen deal was just to avoid losing him for free.
    Yeah it is ridiculous how well he's doing when he struggled to get game time at either at our clubs. It's too easy to just say stupid Tony Pulis, because how do we know he wasn't pulling his weight in training, had an attitude problem etc and leaving him out of the team wasn't a talent issue, it was a mentality one. Worth remembering we didn't have the 23 year old Gnabry in our squad, we had the 19 year old Gnabry and he's obviously a better player now than he was 4 years ago. I see people make that mistake all the time when they moan about we didn't we give youth team players a chance when they were ours but now they've grown up to be good championship players for places like Leeds (Roberts, Roofe), they weren't that good when they were 17 with us, they had to move away to different clubs to mature and grow as players.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Yeah it is ridiculous how well he's doing when he struggled to get game time at either at our clubs. It's too easy to just say stupid Tony Pulis, because how do we know he wasn't pulling his weight in training, had an attitude problem etc and leaving him out of the team wasn't a talent issue, it was a mentality one. Worth remembering we didn't have the 23 year old Gnabry in our squad, we had the 19 year old Gnabry and he's obviously a better player now than he was 4 years ago. I see people make that mistake all the time when they moan about we didn't we give youth team players a chance when they were ours but now they've grown up to be good championship players for places like Leeds (Roberts, Roofe), they weren't that good when they were 17 with us, they had to move away to different clubs to mature and grow as players.
    We tend to forget that playing youngsters comes at a cost. They very rarely have the consistency of a more experienced player, even if the more experienced player is less talented. They make the kind of mistakes that a more experienced player rarely does. And as much as supporters love having players come through.... many of us are impatient and get on those young players when they don't perform to the level we want.

Pulis gets some stick from Gooners over a comment where he said Gnabry "wasn't to the level", which is kinda twisted sometimes into him saying Gnabry didn't have the talent for West Brom. But that's not actually what was said.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Heel Champion

Status

AWB is finally going to happen, £45m upfront with £5m in add-ons. Still need that CB and CM though, let's see what's next Ole.

Thread Information