Page 288 of 288 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288
Results 5,741 to 5,755 of 5755

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

With it looking certain there's no defensive signing that Jose wanted, I bet he'll be gone by the years end now. I'm not sure if this failure is a Woodward thing or just smoke and mirrors from all of them haha.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Brick Shithouse

Status

Poor Jose will have to play the £80m worth of central defenders he's already bought for the club ...

Let me get out my violin for him.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Poor Jose will have to play the £80m worth of central defenders he's already bought for the club ...

Let me get out my violin for him.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    All they need now is for Pogba to do a Courtois.

Everton, Wolves, Fulham and West Ham adding more after pretty impressive windows.

Everton have got Mina, Bernard in and still trying for Zouma and Gomes as the deadline has just gone.

Internet Favorite

Status

I'll be very surprised if Chelsea, Everton and Wolves don't see players move on on loan or to European teams by the end of the month.

I'd also be surprised to see Jose let Fosu-Mensah leave without a replacement.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

How utterly disappointing. It didn't look like we made any serious effort to sign anyone today. The most serious bit of business we did was make the enquiry about Diego Godin, which turns out his agent orchestrated in order to strengthen Godin's position in negotiating his new deal with Atletico. Made us look like right idiots.

Am I happy with what we have? I don't think I have a choice. Fred looks like a top quality signing. But the only other players we brought in are Lee Grant, who will be 3rd choice keeper for us, and Diogo Dalot who is another signing for the future and will likely be backup to Valencia.
    Poor stuff from us. We needed a top quality CB and we haven't got it done. The pressure is on now for Smalling, Jones, Lindeloff and Rojo to step up their game. Bailly is definitely 1st choice at this point, who partners him? My guess would be Jones. I have no idea why we cooled off on Alderwireld so much. We werebeaten to Mina by Everton of all people. Backed out on Maguire probably due to the price (which I'm fine about as he isn't worth more than £60m, which is what out last bid for him was). We couldn't persuade Boetang to come because he doesn't think we can win the Champions League.
    Best business by us is perhaps holding onto Martial, though he could still move abroad as other windows are still open. I don't see us allowing him to leave now though. I think the talk of Pogpa leaving was just that; talk.
    Will we get anyone in on loan? I doubt it. I'd like to think that perhaps the Boetang deal is still on as a loan, but I highly doubt it. Alderwireld on loan? I think that could be possible still. We'll see.

Who's had the best windows? Liverpool have recruited smartly. Got their business done nice and early, got some decent players in the form of Fabinho, Keita, Alison and Shaqiri. All top signings. I think they could have done with a CB but we'l see how they go.

Arsenal have also had a great window. None of the signing are huge names and none for huge fees either, but all layers brought in look like they'll do well for them. Emery has recruited well and he too got his business done early.

West Ham have made some decent signings too. Felipe Anderson is a great signing and I think Lucas Perez will be a great signing too.

Everton are another team that have done well. Some signings still to be confirmed too

Wolves on paper have signed some great players, but we'll see if their Portugal FC approach works out. Patricio in goal, Moutinho and Neves in midfield Adama Traore on the wing. Could be a decent team there.

I think Cheslea have also done well in the end. Not many signings but they've swapped out an unhappy, want-away keeper in favor of a young and hungry one, they've also gained a fantastic young midfielder for nothing, and they've gained Jorginho who was one of the top rated midfielders in Italy last season with his stats. I think he's going to be a class player. I think Sari will do well with this squad. He's a great manager.

Internet Favorite

Status

Transfers are still coming through aren't they so will do an overall review tomorrow.

Man Utd getting played by Godin's agent is something that only the bigger clubs used to do to United...not Atletico haha.

Ole!

Status

We've signed the best named player ever in Max Power and as we're in League One, we get till the end of August for loan signings and seems Utd's James Wilson will be incoming very soon.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Cannot believe that we’ve allowed Fosu-Mensah to go out on loan. Absolute madness! How can you make it clear you’re desperate for defensive options and then allow someone like Fosu-Mensah who can play CB, RB and even DM go out on loan! That’s actually annoyed me. Makes no sense at all and I’m not even sure he will start for Fulham with all their signings so it’s even more pointless
    Prepare for the.. BACKLASH!

...COMING SOON, TO THE "BTB" SECTION!

*** CREDIT TO THE LOOCHA BEAR FOR THE GRAPHIC ***

ozzyozyakup10

Status
      Country                    Turkey

If Fulham was going to loan Rico from Sevilla then why the fuck did they took Fabri from us? Transfer window is cruel man, especially when you are sure your team isn't going to sign anyone and strengthen the places where we need the most.

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Cannot believe that we’ve allowed Fosu-Mensah to go out on loan. Absolute madness! How can you make it clear you’re desperate for defensive options and then allow someone like Fosu-Mensah who can play CB, RB and even DM go out on loan! That’s actually annoyed me. Makes no sense at all and I’m not even sure he will start for Fulham with all their signings so it’s even more pointless
    Probably means Darmian is also staying if that makes you feel any better.

Another loan is great for TFM, will allow him to develop more.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I don't mind TFM going out on loan. He wasn't likely to get a look in this season in any position. We have ample midfield cover. At CB he wasn't likely to be ahead of any senior players we have and at RB he'd be behind Valencia and Dalot. Both of them are doubts for the first game but we still have Darmian who hasn't moved on and Jones can play at RB too.

We'll see if TFM plays at Fulham but if he gets regular games then that will be better for him than sitting on the sidelines at United.

Main Eventer

Status

Mensah should easily slot in at right back for Fulham ahead of Cyrus Christie.

Fulham could throw a completely new back five out this weekend from the one that got them promoted with Mensah - Chambers - Mawson - Bryan shielding Sergio Rico. Fulham done very well in the window.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Probably means Darmian is also staying if that makes you feel any better.

Another loan is great for TFM, will allow him to develop more.
    Nope! :/

I'd have played Timbo over Darmian who's not good enough and was looking to leave.

Guess we will see how it works out.
    Prepare for the.. BACKLASH!

...COMING SOON, TO THE "BTB" SECTION!

*** CREDIT TO THE LOOCHA BEAR FOR THE GRAPHIC ***

Internet Favorite

Status

Incredible window for Fulham. 12 players. Almost an entire new squad with their signings plus they managed to keep Sessegnon. Spent over £100m, a record for a newly promoted club. Really hope they do well this season. Arsenal sending Chambers out on loan to Fulham is strange. We didn’t replace him and Kos is out till December/January.

Wolves have also had a great window. Patricio, Moutinho and Dendoncker are brilliant signings. Will be interesting to see how they get on, good to see them back in the league.

Brilliant window for Everton. They have signed some players that I wanted to see at Arsenal.

West Ham have had a big window. Lucas Perez didn’t get a fair chance at Arsenal but he should do well at West Ham. Can’t believe we sold him for £4m, great deal for the Hammers. Pellegrini should get them in the top 10.

Absolutely hilarious that Spurs had a disastrous window. No signing They managed to retain their top players but failed to improve the squad.

Delighted with Arsenal’s transfer business but we needed another defender and winger. Disappointing that Ramsey’s contract issue hasn’t been sorted out yet. He should have been sold this window if he doesn’t want to extend his contract. There’s still time but he needs to do the right thing and sign.

We’ve got rid of our fringe players such as Akpom and Perez but Campbell and Jenkinson are still there. Ospina might be sold soon. Glad we didn’t sell Welbeck. Need him for squad depth.

ozzyozyakup10

Status
      Country                    Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Oz View Post
    If Fulham was going to loan Rico from Sevilla then why the fuck did they took Fabri from us? Transfer window is cruel man, especially when you are sure your team isn't going to sign anyone and strengthen the places where we need the most.
    Well, at least we are getting Karius. That's something.

Thread Information