Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282
Results 5,621 to 5,634 of 5634

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

So Daley Blind has re-signed for Ajax on a 4 year deal, for a price that could rise to £18.1m. That's a great deal if you ask me.
    I like Blind, he's proven to be a very useful utility player for us, but you get the feeling that he's not quite up to the standard required going forward. We've got more money back for him than we paid though and he's going to a club where he'll be playing regular football and will be a key player for them, which will in turn help him break back into the national side too hopefully.
    Good deal all round if you ask me.

Status

Pretty good deal for both parties, I think.

Interested to see when some more big deals start falling into place. Madrid will have to be looking for a big splash in the market after selling Ronaldo. Neymar seems unlikely to leave PSG just yet. Hazard seems more likely, but that could drag on for awhile and Chelsea can't afford the time, even if just because of the earlier window close this summer. I'm still astounded that Arsenal's business is pretty much all done except possibly some exits. Its so not Arsenal.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    England

Happy for Blind. He did well for us in a hard time and performed in any role asked but he was never going to be given game time so best move on back to Ajax.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Looks like we’ve got Alisson for £67m. A lot of money for sure but good keepers are few and far between. We really needed a replacement for both Karius and Mig so glad it’s finally happened. Plus one of them will no doubt be sold now which helps offset the fee a lil.

So Fabiano, Alisson, Shaqiri and Keita. Happy with our business thus far. Fekir next pls.

Main Eventer

Status

I wanted Alisson at Chelsea, but not at that price. 67m for a keeper with 12 months of European football experience. Liverpool with the world record fees for a GK and defender, if they don't win a trophy Klopp will have no excuses left.

Not sure where we will look next for Courtois' replacement but I don't want us going back to Cech.

Donnarumma looks likely although I would not be too disappointed with Schmeichel, Subasic, Pickford or Pope.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

ITS GONNA BE LIVERPOOLSSSS YEAR

WHEN YOU WALLLLLKKKKKKK
    THROOUGHH A STOORRRMMM

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Looks like we’ve got Alisson for £67m. A lot of money for sure but good keepers are few and far between. We really needed a replacement for both Karius and Mig so glad it’s finally happened. Plus one of them will no doubt be sold now which helps offset the fee a lil.

So Fabiano, Alisson, Shaqiri and Keita. Happy with our business thus far. Fekir next pls.
    As a United Fan, I shouldn't talk about over spending but £67M for a GK? Another record broken.

Alisson should do well for Liverpool.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status

Big investment for Liverpool. Especially for a keeper that, on form, is excellent but who is also capable of being just above average at times. Not sure Liverpool supporters get to complain about City's spending ever again

The Cech-to-Chelsea link is.... interesting? I can't image he stays the starter at Arsenal for very long, and a lot of those who think he will at least start the season as the #1 seem to be basing it on the fact that he has been given the #1 shirt. I can't imagine we would get a lot for him but I expect Leno should be the top choice before long anyway, so if Chelsea will give us anything.... Its a huge salary off the wage bill too.

Internet Favorite

Status

Excellent bit of business by Liverpool. It'll be interesting to see how he goes when he really is tested as we know Liverpool's defence isn't the best at times. However I will add if Real get Courtois for £30m that's probably a much better piece of business.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Ole!

Status

It'd be quite amusing if Alisson was worse than Karius and Mig, more than likely won't but be funny

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    As a United Fan, I shouldn't talk about over spending but £67M for a GK? Another record broken.

Alisson should do well for Liverpool.
    Meh the window broke another level again last year so it’s not even worth complaining about values. Right now £67m is the price you gotta pay for a solid hand. The likes of Neuer and De Gea would probabaly for near £100m.

Cech to Chelsea would defo be a weird one. Certainly a huge step back from Courtios. He’s a good hand but shouldn’t be started for a perm team with champo League/title winning ambitions. If I was him I would look towards moving abroad because Like Papa said he would probably be benched at Arsenal sooner rather than later.

Personally I think Chelsea should go for Schmeichel.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

£67m is a whopping figure, but as others have said; that's the way the market is moving so it is what it is. I'm yet to be convinced Alison is a world class keeper on the same level as De Gea, Buffon etc al. With that price tag the pressure is on him to show that now.

Cech to Chelsea would surprise me, but part of me wants to see it as a way for him to show that he's still up there with the best, since his form has definitely dipped since being at Arsenal, particularly last season. I think Chelsea would be better off going for Schemichel though. I'd also be keen to see them take a punt and go for Nick Pope. He deserves a crack at a top team after last season.
    I think we're all of the opinion that Courtois is on his way to Real then? I think it's likely.

Brick Shithouse

Status

£67million is an absurd amount for a goalkeeper. Especially one after one really good season. Unless you are getting a Buffon, Neuer or De Gea - in their prime - you can't convince me that's worth it. I suppose in an era where money is no issue to the top clubs it's not even worth thinking about too much, and I have no doubts he'll be good for Liverpool nonetheless.

Cider 'I' Up

Status

Fair play to Liverpool they have done a lot of business but what comes with that is more pressure, they have spent a lot of money reshaping the squad in most positions.

I’m really surprised about the Allison fee but as it’s been mentioned it’s just football these days which is pretty damn scary for a keeper yet to prove himself on the big stage imo, but plenty of potential for sure and that’s what Liverpool paid for there was potential, I agree that they needed to bring in a new goalkeeper though because the current two are very below par for a team that wants to win trophies.

Shaqiri transfer has surprised me a little, no way he will be starting at Liverpool, I 100% agree it was time to move on from Stoke because he is at premier league player quality but I’m sure after being used to being the first person on the team sheet at Stoke, game in game out to be sitting on a bench with that Liverpool front three starting.

I’m sure he will be a fantastic impact player from the bench in bigger games but will he be happy with that come the end of the season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.
    2017 Movie Log

Thread Information