Page 281 of 289 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,620 of 5768

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

I don't think you need to worry too much about them winning Serie A next year, Ed

Man of the Hour

Status
      Country                    Turkey

Inter and Roma was doing great transfers but bringing in Ronaldo pretty much secured the Scudetto for Juve. Ronaldo's real challenge should be winning the Champions League with Juventus, since Juve kinda chokes every time in CL.

Status

Brilliant swoop by Juventus and good business for Madrid. I'm not really a Juventus supporter, but I do hope it works out for them. I think a rejuvenation of Serie A as a power league would be good for football. Read that the total investment in Ronaldo is 320m. That's insane and I still think there is an element of risk.

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status
      Country                    United States

Quite happy about this. :D
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

Cider 'I' Up

Status
      Country                    England

Like it’s been mentioned, great business for both parties involved, real have easily had there return without the money probably 10x over, he’s something else is Ronaldo and he will bring so much attacking class to Juve and Seria A.

Don’t see that Juve winning the league next season will be the problem all eyes will be on Ronaldo’s individual performances as well as the whole team, no doubt he will be smashing in goals from the get go, the talent around Ronaldo at Juve will make his job all easier with Dybala creating etc!

Will be a lethal force in Europe this season too, Juve as a whole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.
    2017 Movie Log

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status
      Country                    United States

I'll certainly be watching them. Whole reason I started watching Real was because of him, being a fan of his since Man U.

Probably will still watch Real.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Fuck Real and Fuck Juve.

But Ronaldo is the absolute boy. Would have honestly expected more spent on him. Here I was thinking Inter had spent well...

Also is Mahrez at City or am I tripping

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Yes Mahrez to City is complete.

Rumours today are stating we’ve trumped City for Jorginho and he could be announced today in a double deal that includes the arrival of Maurizio Sarri, finally.

Also in deep negotiations for Daniele Rugani to replace David Luiz (Napoli bound) and Golovin seems a certainty.

Pretty pleased if we get Jorginho over Seri (who seems destined for Fulham of all teams) as I feel Jorginho will suit Sarri’s style better alongside Kante. Hopefully we can be ambitious enough to hold onto Hazard, which will be extremely difficult. Courtois is more likely to leave, and it will be intriguing to see who we bring in to replace him.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Mahrez to City is a strange move to me. There's no way he's going to be starting there. He's competing against players such as Sterling, Sane, Bernardo Silva, De Bruyne none of which he's better than IMO. Chasing the money and an easy access to trophies via sitting on the bench I think.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Mahrez to City is a strange move to me. There's no way he's going to be starting there. He's competing against players such as Sterling, Sane, Bernardo Silva, De Bruyne none of which he's better than IMO. Chasing the money and an easy access to trophies via sitting on the bench I think.
    I think it's more to do with giving rotation in the starting XI without losing the quality. Mahrez could easily play from the wings or as a central playmaker due to his creative skills, meaning City could give De Bruyne or David Silva a rest. Although it does beggar why buy Bernardo Silva if they are going to get Mahrez who will fill the exact same position on the pitch and place in the squad.

Status

There is already excitement over the transfer of Ronaldo to Juventus. That excitement is Fiat employees going on strike, but still....

So West Ham have signed Andriy Yarmolenko from Dortmund. Interesting signing. Within the first 2 or 3 matches, he's going to do something impressive in an attacking sense and supporters with think they have an amazing player on their hands. Within another couple of matches, he will demonstrate how utterly committed he is to never doing anything defensive and they will understand why Dortmund let him go after one season.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    I think it's more to do with giving rotation in the starting XI without losing the quality. Mahrez could easily play from the wings or as a central playmaker due to his creative skills, meaning City could give De Bruyne or David Silva a rest. Although it does beggar why buy Bernardo Silva if they are going to get Mahrez who will fill the exact same position on the pitch and place in the squad.
    That's my thinking too, he'll be filling the same spot as what Bernardo was doing this past season. I think Bernardo is the better player so not sure why they've bothered going through with Mahrez really. It certainly doesn't do any harm to have another quality alternative on the books though. I'm yet to be convinced that Mahrez can get back to how good he was during Leicester's title winning season though, which is the kind of level he'll need to get back to to get a look in at City.

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Happy with West Ham's transfers so far. Keep'em coming.

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

I don't think there's a more West Ham signing than grabbing Wilshire. Yarms might be interesting.

Established Veteran

Status

Delighted with the signing of Lucas Torreira. Finally a quality defensive midfielder that we’ve been lacking for years. A bargain in today’s market. From what I’ve seen from him in the WC, he’s been very impressive and will fit in well at Arsenal. I hope he is as good as Kante. Hopefully he will solve our DM issues.

Our fifth signing is Matteo Guendouzi. Never heard of him. 19 year old who can play as a defensive or central midfielder. We’ve signed him from French Ligue 2 side Lorient. He looks a bit like David Luiz/Adrien Rabiot. Going by Unai Emery’s comments he wants Guendouzi in the first team. Hopefully he turns out to be a great player.

The squads actually shaping up now. Very happy with the signings so far. Arsenal get all their transfer activity done before the end of the World Cup. Such a refreshing change and I’m looking forward to the new season. All signings in time for pre-season. Glad our business is being done early and not on deadline day. This wouldn't have happened under Arsene Wenger. Unai Emery’s come in and addressed our weak areas in one window.

Gone are the days of last minute deadline day signings under Wenger. If he was still in charge he’d be like “It’s difficult to sign players during the World Cup.” Then a week before the new season is about to begin and we’ve made no signing, he’d be like “players that are coming back from injuries/loans are like new signings. As the window is closing early it’s difficult to get the right players in.” lol

Now under a new a manager and it’s a new era for the club. Finally some optimism for the coming season. More than happy with this transfer window so far. This proves that Unai Emery wants to get the squad into pre-season so the players can gel quickly for the coming season. Still another CB and winger needed then we’re all set. Would like to see Arsenal signing a winger but if Lucas Perez stays then we don’t need to address that position. Unai Emery should give him a chance. If Mustafi gets sold then we do need another CB. I reckon we'll be done for player incomings but there will be some players moving out.

Wilshere to West Ham is a good move to restart his career. If he can stay injury free he’ll be a very good signing for West Ham. Good luck to Jack except when he plays against us obviously. Arsenal play West Ham next month.

Ronaldo to Juventus is a great move for both parties especially Real Madrid. Still think Juve overpaid but they will be a major force in Europe. It’s brilliant for Serie A. Would be great if Ronaldo wins a league title in Serie A so that’s another league conquered. Think Juve will win the league title. They’ve come close so winning the CL but either this season or next season, I think they’ll win the CL. Moving to Italy will prolong Ronaldo’s career and he’ll continue to bang in loads of goals. Shirt sales will also go through the roof. Excited to see him in action for Juve. Interesting to see who Real Madrid bring in to replace Ronaldo.

Man City way overpaid for Mahrez but he’s got his dream move. Hope he does well but he’ll be a probably bench warmer.

Jean Michelle Seri signs for Fulham. What a coup. Seri was linked with Arsenal, Barca, Chelsea and Napoli but he ended up at Fulham. What a steal.

Status

Completely agree on the timing of the signings, Kint. I always HATED that the club waited until the end of the window so often. It gave the new players who came in late no opportunity to bed in with the side. Wenger reminded me of my grandma in that way - we would go to the same restaurant and she knew the menu, but it would still somehow take her 30 to 40 minutes to do decide what she wanted. And it was the same damned thing every time. Wenger became Grandma Papa. I am also hopeful that our traditional "we weren't ready" opening to the season won't happen either. One of the most aggravating aspect under Wenger was how consistently that happened. How can you not be ready for the start of a new season? Was there a greater indicator of serious issues than that happening repeatedly?

I know Matteo Guendouzi almost entirely due to Football Manager. I've toyed with managing Lorient in Ligue 2 and he's a big part of the reason. One of the new roles they added on FM18 is the Segundo Volante - a DM who is quite attacking. Its South American in origin and basically like a Box-to-Box midfielder who starts in the DM spot and has few defensive responsibilities besides where they slot on the pitch. And Guendouzi is almost perfect for it. He's a very well rounded DM. He also has some of the highest potential of under-20 French players, so he not only starts out as pretty good for his age, but has superstar potential. That's FM. In reality, he sounds like he is a DM with good defensive instincts and good passing. Don't know that his attacking skillsets are quite what FM gave him. Sounds like he could back up both Torreira (defense first, great passing) or Xhaka (less defending, more passing), or even Ramsey (more attacking). I realize he might not contribute a ton this season, but long-term, this might be my second favorite Gunner signing of the summer.

I'm a little curious about Seri. He was wanted by a lot of big clubs, but no one really went after him and Fulham didn't really pay a fortune for him. So didn't Fulham pull of a coup or did the big clubs all decide not to commit because of some specific reasons?

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Seri to Fulham is a weird one given all the big clubs that were interested in him.

Shaqiri is in Liverpool for a medical. He has a release clause of £13.5m. Would be a good signing for Liverpool. Not sure he's a guaranteed started for them but he's a great option to have to bring in when Mane and Salah need a rest or pick up a knock. Plus he's still young at 26 so has years to grow still. Klopp will need to get him back playing to his best though since he seemed very disinterested towards the end at Stoke, which is understandable since a player like that shouldn't be in a relegation battle. I'm sure being back playing in the Champions League will motivate him though. Good signing for a great price. Surprised more people weren't in for him really.

Main Eventer

Status

258A1CE9-241A-4A8D-A152-F00A059F5964.jpg

Its official.

Welcome Jorginho!!

Great signing. Hopefully first of many as we revamp our squad.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Fantastic signing. Chelsea are going to be a force next year

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Seri to Fulham is a weird one given all the big clubs that were interested in him.

Shaqiri is in Liverpool for a medical. He has a release clause of £13.5m. Would be a good signing for Liverpool. Not sure he's a guaranteed started for them but he's a great option to have to bring in when Mane and Salah need a rest or pick up a knock. Plus he's still young at 26 so has years to grow still. Klopp will need to get him back playing to his best though since he seemed very disinterested towards the end at Stoke, which is understandable since a player like that shouldn't be in a relegation battle. I'm sure being back playing in the Champions League will motivate him though. Good signing for a great price. Surprised more people weren't in for him really.
    He defo wont be a starter but at £13.5m i'm happy enough with as a rotation player. We suffered last year by having no one there to give Salah & Mane more of a break so this deal is nothing to turn your nose up at. Defo think he'll fit our style nicely.

Great signing for Chelsea too in Jorginho.

Thread Information