Results 5,561 to 5,580 of 5620

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

IT'S COMING HOME

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Permanent.
    That's a very good but surprising signing. Didn't think they'd let him go perm yet.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Ronaldo to Juve would be a perfect fit for me. He's a machine and still remains in great condition and is still consistently on another planet. I think he's got at least 2 top seasons left in him and maybe even more in the Italian league.

Also the chance for him to win silverware in England, Spain and Italy would be pretty damn cool to see as a fellow Portuguese and big Ronaldo fan. £88 Million seems like a lot of money and it is for a 33 year old but if your name is Ronaldo or Messi, you're going to be worth every penny.

Wonder if it means that Higuain or Dybala could move on with Ronaldo presumably down the middle? Also I have to say, I'd look forward to seeing how Madrid did without Ronaldo carrying them. They've got class players obviously but the dude carries them on his back at times and I just don't think he's replaceable and then if he stays the pressure is really on someone like Bale who I just don't see racking up the same numbers and stats, personally.

In other news. I really, really, really hope we can get Martial to sign a new deal and keep him. I can honestly say I would be gutted to see him go and wouldn't swap him for anyone I think he can be that damn good and we will regret it big time. The dilemma is fitting him in the team but I'd love to see United play 4-4-2 again more often with Lukaku & Martial down the middle. Unlikely to happen, sadly.

IT'S COMING HOME

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Ronaldo to Juve would be a perfect fit for me. He's a machine and still remains in great condition and is still consistently on another planet. I think he's got at least 2 top seasons left in him and maybe even more in the Italian league.

Also the chance for him to win silverware in England, Spain and Italy would be pretty damn cool to see as a fellow Portuguese and big Ronaldo fan. £88 Million seems like a lot of money and it is for a 33 year old but if your name is Ronaldo or Messi, you're going to be worth every penny.

Wonder if it means that Higuain or Dybala could move on with Ronaldo presumably down the middle? Also I have to say, I'd look forward to seeing how Madrid did without Ronaldo carrying them. They've got class players obviously but the dude carries them on his back at times and I just don't think he's replaceable and then if he stays the pressure is really on someone like Bale who I just don't see racking up the same numbers and stats, personally.

In other news. I really, really, really hope we can get Martial to sign a new deal and keep him. I can honestly say I would be gutted to see him go and wouldn't swap him for anyone I think he can be that damn good and we will regret it big time. The dilemma is fitting him in the team but I'd love to see United play 4-4-2 again more often with Lukaku & Martial down the middle. Unlikely to happen, sadly.
    Do you not feel like his career is being wasted at United?

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dmacguire View Post
    Do you not feel like his career is being wasted at United?
    With Jose there, yes. For some reason, he is hesitant to give him a proper chance. Maybe that changes but I doubt it.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

IT'S COMING HOME

Status

Then no question he needs to go elsewhere. He would walk into most teams. Sitting on the bench for a player like him is sacrilege.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I'm torn on Martial. On one hand I want him to succeed at United so badly because he has the potential to be an incredible force for us if he improves his consistency. On the other hand Jose is just not going to play him ahead of Sanchez on that left hand side, regardless of who's in the better form it seems and his potential is being wasted.
    Martial was killing it around the Christmas period and was in a rich vain of form but then he was dropped as soon as Sanchez arrived which was the wrong thing to do. That killed his momentum dead and then when he wasn't restored to the team when Sanchez was struggling to make an impact that was again poor management on Jose's behalf.

I'm not sure if Spurs is the right place for him to go, they seem to be the most interested party in him at the moment. But where would he fit in? He won't play alongside Kane as Spurs are very settled in the system they currently play with one up top. They can't drop Son on the left after the couple of seasons he's had, then there's Ali, Eriksen, Lamela, Moura who he's also competing with. He'd be a backup player there too I feel.

I'd like to see him perhaps go out on loan somewhere so that he can go somewhere to get regular playing time while we still retain him.

Meh

Status
      Country                    United States

Followed Ronaldo since he joined Man U back in 03. Always been a huge fan. Him going to Juventus would be bliss to me, given that a lot of my family is from Piedmont.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I'm not sure if Spurs is the right place for him to go, they seem to be the most interested party in him at the moment. But where would he fit in? He won't play alongside Kane as Spurs are very settled in the system they currently play with one up top. They can't drop Son on the left after the couple of seasons he's had, then there's Ali, Eriksen, Lamela, Moura who he's also competing with. He'd be a backup player there too I feel.
    I think he'd fit well here, actually. Poch is exactly the type of manager he needs to bring the best out of him, and I think we'd rotate the wide men enough to give him a chance. While Son has been great, and we have high expectations of Moura, neither are undroppable or so important that Martial wouldn't get game time, like Sanchez seems to be at United. While Son is in far better form, I'd say Martial's ceiling might be higher than Son's, and we're the sort of club who are a little more likely to reward that than some. While he won't be a guaranteed starter, he'll get plenty of opportunities to prove himself, and if he performs, those chances will increase. That's where Pochettino and Mourinho differ, I guess.

Obviously, Kane is very much numero uno up top, but if something happens to him, or if he needs a rest (which he's desperately needed a couple of times in the last couple of years) Martial would be the guy to step up as striker too. So the opportunities are there. We're a top-ish level team, but one that needs him more than United (or Mourinho) does. Feels like a good fit to me.

Status

Just got a notification that Bayern are signing Pavard from Stuttgart for 35m. He won't join until 2019. Bayern continue to Bayern, despite saying that they will cut down on the Bayern'ing.

IT'S COMING HOME

Status

According to Guillem Balague a Ronaldo/Juvenile deal has been agreed.

Let's see how this unfolds.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Keefmoon View Post
    I think he'd fit well here, actually. Poch is exactly the type of manager he needs to bring the best out of him, and I think we'd rotate the wide men enough to give him a chance. While Son has been great, and we have high expectations of Moura, neither are undroppable or so important that Martial wouldn't get game time, like Sanchez seems to be at United. While Son is in far better form, I'd say Martial's ceiling might be higher than Son's, and we're the sort of club who are a little more likely to reward that than some. While he won't be a guaranteed starter, he'll get plenty of opportunities to prove himself, and if he performs, those chances will increase. That's where Pochettino and Mourinho differ, I guess.

Obviously, Kane is very much numero uno up top, but if something happens to him, or if he needs a rest (which he's desperately needed a couple of times in the last couple of years) Martial would be the guy to step up as striker too. So the opportunities are there. We're a top-ish level team, but one that needs him more than United (or Mourinho) does. Feels like a good fit to me.
    I 100% agree that Poch is the best manager out there to get the most out of him. He likes giving young players a chance and the style Spurs play, with pace and counter attacking emphasis (ironically how United used to play and how the fans want to get us back playing) suits Martial too. There's certainly more opportunities for him at Spurs but it would depend on him getting back to his best and getting some consistency going. That's the biggest question mark over him right now for me.

In reality, it's just the United fan in me that's hoping he doesn't leave I think!

Meh

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dmacguire View Post
    According to Guillem Balague a Ronaldo/Juvenile deal has been agreed.

Let's see how this unfolds.
    Looks like it's around 88 mil he's getting.

Status

Looking more and more like Ronaldo to Juventus may actually happen. Crazy. Quite the shake-up if it does go down. Read last night that Juventus will have to pay Ronaldo AT LEAST 4 times what their current high-earner makes.

ESPN had an article that pointed out something I thought about a bit but not really considered the implications. This is looking like the first year in a LONG time that the Ballon D'or could go to someone other than Messi or Ronaldo. If England comes close to winning the World Cup and he claims the Golden Boot, then keeps scoring for Tottenham, then Kane could have a real chance. If France wins the World Cup, Griezmann or Mbappe could be considered. Its going to make things more interesting IMO.

Apparently Mario Balotelli has a standing offer from a Chinese club that would make him the 2nd highest paid player in the world. He's a bit young to head off to the "almost retired" pastures of China.... but man, that is a LOT of money.

Meh

Status

Mbappe winning a world cup and Ballon D'or at his age...can you imagine?

IT'S COMING HOME

Status

Age doesn't really come into it anymore.

Just ask Yannick Carrasco.

Edit: This was a reply to Ballotelli going to China.
    Last edited by Harry Dmacguire; 07-05-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Meh

Status

Bit different.

This is potentially a teenager winning a world cup.

Sure it's only a few years different, but quite an amazing feat in and of itself, no?

Brick Shithouse

Status

Ronaldo has the Ballon D'Or sealed already I think. I would be stunned if it went anywhere else.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Ronaldo has the Ballon D'Or sealed already I think. I would be stunned if it went anywhere else.
    How so? Madrid won the Champions League again, but Ronaldo has his third-worst goal-scoring season of his Madrid career. He scored the brilliant goal against Juventus, but his 4 goals in the WC didn't help carry Portugal as far as some expected. Curious how its completely locked down?

Brick Shithouse

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papaheem Sterling View Post
    How so? Madrid won the Champions League again, but Ronaldo has his third-worst goal-scoring season of his Madrid career. He scored the brilliant goal against Juventus, but his 4 goals in the WC didn't help carry Portugal as far as some expected. Curious how its completely locked down?
    It's an award across the calendar year and Ronaldo in 2018 has been a monster. Most goals in 2018, top scorer in the champions league by some distance, actually won the thing (his performance in the final will be ignored just as it was in 2014).

There's still such a huge difference from Messi and Ronaldo to all the rest. It's like in 2010 when everyone thought Sneijder should win, but in an individual award he didn't come close to those two. People almost take for granted what they are accomplishing every season. Ronaldo's "third worst scoring season" is better than the best season of Harry Kane, Mo Salah, Neymar, Mbappe, Griezmann, Lewandowski, and pretty much everyone not named Messi.

Neymar is their only slight competition and he would probably need to be motm in the next three games. The world cup has never been the deciding factor in the Messi and Ronaldo era and apart from Neymar I don't see why it would push someone above them.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    It's an award across the calendar year and Ronaldo in 2018 has been a monster. Most goals in 2018, top scorer in the champions league by some distance, actually won the thing (his performance in the final will be ignored just as it was in 2014).

There's still such a huge difference from Messi and Ronaldo to all the rest. It's like in 2010 when everyone thought Sneijder should win, but in an individual award he didn't come close to those two. People almost take for granted what they are accomplishing every season. Ronaldo's "third worst scoring season" is better than the best season of Harry Kane, Mo Salah, Neymar, Mbappe, Griezmann, Lewandowski, and pretty much everyone not named Messi.

Neymar is their only slight competition and he would probably need to be motm in the next three games. The world cup has never been the deciding factor in the Messi and Ronaldo era and apart from Neymar I don't see why it would push someone above them.

I started looking up some stats, just for curiosity. And I honestly forgot much of his total was in the second half of 2017-2018. Ronaldo barely scored in the first few months in La Liga. And Kane was injured for a chunk of the winter so yeah.... I still think Kane could get consideration IF England make it to the WC final and he keeps smashing them in. In the past, they have given heavy weight to WC performance - like 2006. But I think the voting has changed since then.... I'm honestly not sure how smashing up Serie A would be viewed by the voters, and if he takes time to settle in at all at Juventus (assuming he does move).... that could leave it more open.

Thread Information