Page 276 of 277 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277 LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,520 of 5526

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Fred to Man Utd all done, should be announced either this evening or tomorrow.
    Fred in Manchester?

ON ME HEAD ASHLEY, I SAY ON ME HEAD.

Status

Fellaini to Arsenal actually wouldn't be bad. People always say Arsenal need to be tougher and he'd certainly give you that. He's way better than Xhaka as well.
    Better than Xhaka? At what, specifically?

Side rant - this echoes what I see supporters of other clubs who (in most cases) don't watch Arsenal matches in full that frequently, which echoes what the media tends to say. The "Xhaka is terrible" line has continued since his first season. And at times, he honestly isn't great. But this season, he has mostly has been. Mostly. To the point that I've seen multiple Arsenal-specific observers pick him as Arsenal's player of the season. Which I honestly don't disagree with. He still has moments - mostly he makes the occasional defensive mistake. He's not a true defensive mid stopper. He's not a box-to-box player. He's a passing mid who plays deep. He does that very well. He moves the ball very well. Over 2500 passes in the league this season, 87% accuracy, and almost 75% were forward. He completed more than 100 passes in at least one match I remember. Squakwa, for one, has him as the second highest rated Gunner after Ozil, who offsets the brilliance of some matches with being totally anonymous in others. Xhaka still makes defensive bludners at times, but he doesn't play beside a more defensive player. He isn't a card-machine like the media talks him up to be - he's had 2 reds in his 2 seasons, both in the first season, and one of them was the "heel clips are now a red" card that was apparently a new initiative by refs that never happened again to another transgressor. Think he has 7 yellows all of last season. Xhaka is one of the players who should benefit most from a more structured system than Emery should bring in - he made comments in his first season about how he legitimately didn't now what he was supposed to be doing in the side because of Wenger's "improvisational jazz football" idea of tactics.

Fellaini is better in the tackle than Xhaka. He's more dynamic in that he gets forward more. But Fellaini is closer in style to a more physical Ramsey than what Xhaka does.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Stephan Lichtensteiner to Arsenal seems like a done deal. Not a bad signing on a free. Plenty of experience, winning mentality and he's a decent player. 34 years old now mind, but he'll be a great player to have around the dressing room. I wonder where he'll play? I'm wondering if he'll be converted to play CB perhaps as I can't see him dislodging Monreal.

As for Fellini, you can have him. Hated him before he was at United, hated him while he was at United. Good riddance.

Fred to United is a good signing. I don't know too much about him to be fair but I do know he's a good player and he's young. Looks like Jose is setting the groundwork to have up playing a true 4-3-3 in future.
    Don't know anything about Dalot but he seems like an exciting young prospect at full back.

I REALLY hope we get a deal done to get Alderweireld. I've rated him highly for years, it would be a great coup if we secure his signature as he's a fantastic CB. I wish we could have signed him earlier i his career but we should get a few good years out of him at 29 years old.

Emre Can has finally moved to Juve on a 4 year deal. I've always rated him as a good player. Versatile too as he proved for Liverpool. Not sure why Klopp didn't really fancy him as he seems like his kind of player. He'll do well in Serie A though, plus he'll win some trophies now

Rusev Day Smod

Status

Every Arsenal fan I know thinks Xhaka is a liability Not buying that he was any good last season either. I watched plenty of Arsenal and he was awful.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Peru

One thing you can say about Fellani is that he will battle and fight for the shirt. He serve Arsenal loyally.
    Spoiler:

Status

Every Arsenal fan I know thinks Xhaka is a liability Not buying that he was any good last season either. I watched plenty of Arsenal and he was awful.
    Okay. Guess the opinions of those you know invalidate myself and any other supporters' thoughts completely, including those who's profession is to cover the club. Someone who is paid by the likes of ESPN and Four Four Two to write about the club couldn't possibly have an opinion of any value. Apologies for actually asking for you to explain why you find him terrible instead of just accepting your decree as wholly accurate. I'll amend my opinion accordingly.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

If Fellaini ends up at Arsenal...could we grab Rambo please
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    If Fellaini ends up at Arsenal...could we grab Rambo please
    If he won't sign a new deal this summer, talk is that he will be sold. So the big English clubs that still act like big clubs can line up to take another Arsenal player.

I've been trying to make this Fellaini link feel okay since I first read it. Can't. Still seems fucked up. I get the reason we got Leichsteiner. I get why we are probably going to land Sokratis from Dortmund. But Fellaini just seems.... weird. What's the point of having an entire club transfer management structure if we are just gonna dive after leftovers from other clubs and that's it? Especially with a rumored 3 year deal for Fellaini... Austerity Arsenal is not looking fun.

War Eagle

Status
      Country                    United States

I'd assume it's slightly to do with what was mentioned above. He does fight for the shirt and maybe they just want to inject a little toughness into the squad. He obviously would only come in on occasion for the long balls when Arsenal are behind, or the occasional start to give someone a rest. I'm not a huge fan of his and I don't want to see him at Arsenal, personally, but I could somewhat see why they'd take a flyer on him, especially on a free transfer.

Status

Dalot from Porto signed up by United. Good young player. I'm going mostly by FM, to be honest. But promising player.

If Arsenal want a veteran, battling midfielder, I would rather they pay up the 35m for N'Zonzi. Fallaini was barely used as a midfielder by United last season and its not like he's of interest to other big sides in England. I also question how much his "battering ram, Plan B" dynamic would help us, since we don't have wingers or even fullbacks who get up the byline and fire in crosses.

Rusev Day Smod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Okay. Guess the opinions of those you know invalidate myself and any other supporters' thoughts completely, including those who's profession is to cover the club. Someone who is paid by the likes of ESPN and Four Four Two to write about the club couldn't possibly have an opinion of any value. Apologies for actually asking for you to explain why you find him terrible instead of just accepting your decree as wholly accurate. I'll amend my opinion accordingly.
    The sass of this comment

Not saying they are wrong at all just that the general consensus of me and my friends/work colleagues is that he's awful. He's rask in the tackle, lacks discipline, is caught out of position too often and has a poor range of passing. So I really think for a team like Arsenal they should be aspiring to have a much better player in their side if they ever want a trophy in their empty cabinet.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Status

The sass of this comment

Not saying they are wrong at all just that the general consensus of me and my friends/work colleagues is that he's awful. He's rask in the tackle, lacks discipline, is caught out of position too often and has a poor range of passing. So I really think for a team like Arsenal they should be aspiring to have a much better player in their side if they ever want a trophy in their empty cabinet.
    I was feeling sassy when I replied

I just wanted a detailed reply like this, rather than something that felt more dismissive. I value your opinions, Order! Share them in detail, no brief synopsis.

I don't disagree entirely on Xhaka. But some of that is stuff he's improved on. The Xhaka we saw in the latter half of this season was not the same player as the first half, let alone the first season. He's akin to Mustafi when they dive in - its awkward, its always ill-timed, and its gonna be a foul. But Xhaka seems to have learned somewhat and dives in far less, where as Mustafi is still a calamity. He does have positional and reaction issues at times, but he's generally gotten better. And I still think some of the problems were down to Wenger and his lack of an actual tactical approach. Based on a couple of things I've read, the positioning and the reaction issues are more Arsenal-specific - he didn't really demonstrate those at Gladbach or with Switzerland. So there is hope that a more tactical-minded manager might make a real difference for a player who already showed pretty significant improvement even under Wenger.

I would probably nod happily if we sold Xhaka and brought in Milinkovic-Savic from Lazio for 80m. Or if Sven finds the next Pirlo for 80m. We aren't going to spend big and if we do, there are bigger needs. But for deeper mids with a passing focus... I legit don't think it would be THAT easy to make a clear upgrade from Xhaka. 2nd most completed passes in the Prem and 7 assists isn't replaced by a midfielder who is more a career 80% passer. Even if Fellaini does well at some things that Xhaka doesn't.... what Xhaka does do well and what has been a pretty key component to Arsenal over the past few seasons (it was the Cazorla role before) is something Felliani can't. A midfielder who can give you up to 100 completed passes in a typical match isn't that common. Ramsey can't. El Neny can't. Wilshire doesn't seem to be able to, whether he's even a Gunner ina few weeks. Now if Emery moves away from a double pivot system and no longer requires a deep-lying passing mid... Xhaka's value to the side disappears. Like I said before, he can't be a stopper and he can't be a box-to-box guy.

And as for his range of passing... his average completed pass in the Prem this season was 19m. Fernandinho completed almost as many passes... average range 16m. Davis Silva... 14m. Gundogan 14m. Jordan Henderson was the same 19m average range and so was Fabregas, both with a lower completion percentage but slightly higher forward pass percentage. If he lacks range, not sure what that says about the Prem's other passing mids....

War Eagle

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Dalot from Porto signed up by United. Good young player. I'm going mostly by FM, to be honest. But promising player.

If Arsenal want a veteran, battling midfielder, I would rather they pay up the 35m for N'Zonzi. Fallaini was barely used as a midfielder by United last season and its not like he's of interest to other big sides in England. I also question how much his "battering ram, Plan B" dynamic would help us, since we don't have wingers or even fullbacks who get up the byline and fire in crosses.
    Don't get me wrong, I know there are PLENTY of better, tough midfielders Arsenal could go for other than Fellaini, but from everything I've read, Emery hasn't been given a lot in terms of finances. So I'm guessing he's just getting a few of the Freebies in there to kinda...band-aid the wound, instead of fixing it entirely. Just my guess, but yes I would prefer N'Zonzi or Seri.

Certified G

Status

We get Robin Van Persie and Alexis Sanchez off Arsenal and in return give them Welbeck, Mkhitaryan and Fellaini

Internet Favorite

Status

Lichtensteiner is the first transfer of a new era at Arsenal. It’s not a marquee signing as Unai Emery’s first signing but it’s a very good signing on a free on a one year deal. Feels so weird though that we’ve signed an old player. Back in the Wenger era, Arsene Wenger didn’t really go for players over 30. However Lichtensteiner doesn’t play like a 34 year old. Very pleased with this signing. He’s a player who has a winning mentality. He’s the Swiss captain and brings leadership, experience and depth to our squad. He can mentor Bellerin and compete with him at the same time and help Bellerin up his game. A good RB stop gap option as backup during our transition period. He can be a very useful squad player.

Also moving to Arsenal is Sokratis Papastathopoulos, who we’re very likely to announce this week. Sokratis hasn’t had a great season, but for most of his time at Dortmund, he’s been a good defender. Fee will be around £16m. He can't be any worse than Mustafi can he? Sokratis turns 30 this week. Not the marquee defender Arsenal fans were hoping for but if we get 2 or 3 good years out of him that would be a good deal. He can mentor Mavropanos. Sokratis would also be the third former Dortmund player signed by Arsenal since Sven Mislintat joined Arsenal. With Lichtensteiner and Sokratis, it’s an upgrade from what we currently have. The budget is limited and there are many positions to fill. I don't mind if they’re cheap as long as they’re quality players who will improve as us a team.

This could mean the end of Mustafi and probably Koscielny next summer but I’d give Mustafi and Xhaka one more season to improve under our new manager. Maybe the big moves are still to come. We still need another CB though so hopefully we buy a young quality CB. Also a CDM and a winger would be great but given our budget, we should focus on sorting out the defence and GK. Defence is our main priority having conceded 51 times in Wenger’s final PL season.

According to reports, Arsenal have signed Yacine Adli from PSG. He’s 17 and considered to be among the best young talents in France. One for the future, signed him for less than £250k. Unai Emery handed him his senior debut as a sub in PSG’s final league match of the season. He’s an attacking midfielder and can also play CM. Not sure if he will go in the youth side or straight into the main squad. Neither Arsenal or PSG have confirmed the move but from the reports, it will be announced when he turns 18 next month.

Joel Campbell’s contract ends this month and he could be on his way to Galatasary. Hopefully this time it’s not another loan, about time we sell him.

Looks like Jonny Evans is moving to Leicester. Good signing for Leicester but I’m glad that we didn’t get him. Not believing the Feillani rumours. We don’t need him and Arsenal fans won’t be happy with this signing.

War Eagle

Status

Considering what United are paying Alexis and how god awful he has looked this past season, I'm not at all sad to see him go. Welbz, on the other hand, at times looks like he could be amazing and then other times...well, he seems like he forgets how to run, or kick, or do anything. Alexis leaving was honestly one of the steps that needed to be taken by Arsenal, along with Wenger leaving. Don't like seeing him go to a rival, but at the same time, he literally was a crybaby all season. Anytime someone gave up possession he was CLEARLY whining and follow that up with him seemingly given up the ball 7-10 times a game, it became comical to watch him sprint around the field throwing tantrums.

With Sokratis coming in, the names on the back of these jerseys are going to be ridiculous.

Status

So it looks like Adli is staying at PSG. Disappointing, but a young player like that needs to be in a good place to develop. If he feels that's in his home country, can't blame him.

Sokratis is supposedly a done deal... but we have also apparently been negotiating with Freiburg for Turkish defender Çağlar Söyüncü. One of the best young defenders in the Bundesliga. Interesting.

And some reports out of Italy linking us with Sampdoria's Uruguyan midfielder Lucas Torreira seem to be legit. He would be a really good signing - a playmaker type but very hard working and able to win the ball as well. One of the most impressive players in Italy last season. His buyout is 25m but we are apparently offering a bit more so that its not all up front.

Not massive splashy signings like we were trying for with Lemar (who went to Atletico for less than what we were going to pay last summer), but solid ones. I dig it. Would REALLY like to see us go after a keeper, as I can't help but feel that Cech is declining. Ospina isn't a legit option. A young-ish keeper who can rotate with Cech but won't cost a massive fee that an established top class keeper would makes sense. Some links from Germany with Leverkusen over Bernd Leno, who is closer to the top class established keeper than a youngster, but if the price isn't massive, I'd be thrilled.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papaheem Sterling View Post
    So it looks like Adli is staying at PSG. Disappointing, but a young player like that needs to be in a good place to develop. If he feels that's in his home country, can't blame him.

Sokratis is supposedly a done deal... but we have also apparently been negotiating with Freiburg for Turkish defender Çağlar Söyüncü. One of the best young defenders in the Bundesliga. Interesting.

And some reports out of Italy linking us with Sampdoria's Uruguyan midfielder Lucas Torreira seem to be legit. He would be a really good signing - a playmaker type but very hard working and able to win the ball as well. One of the most impressive players in Italy last season. His buyout is 25m but we are apparently offering a bit more so that its not all up front.

Not massive splashy signings like we were trying for with Lemar (who went to Atletico for less than what we were going to pay last summer), but solid ones. I dig it. Would REALLY like to see us go after a keeper, as I can't help but feel that Cech is declining. Ospina isn't a legit option. A young-ish keeper who can rotate with Cech but won't cost a massive fee that an established top class keeper would makes sense. Some links from Germany with Leverkusen over Bernd Leno, who is closer to the top class established keeper than a youngster, but if the price isn't massive, I'd be thrilled.
    Shouldn't cost too much for Leno considering Leverkusen already have his replacement in Hradecky.

Also crazy times at Sporting Lisbon with Bas Dost, William Carvalho, Bruno Fernandes and Gelson Martins following Rui Patricio in seemingly resigning from the club over safety issues due to reckless behaviour by their ultra fans.

Just give me the damn wooden spoon already!!!

Be The Booker : WWE 2012 A New Direction

Upcoming PPV

Spoiler:

Status

Been following the Sporting CP story on a forum with some folks who are Portuguese. Its crazy. Martins is a big talent. Apparently Arsenal came in with a 30m bid last week. Sporting turned it down. We repeated (lolzers of course we did) and got turned down again. Now he's going to walk away from the club for no money. Carvalho has interested us in the past but he sounds too much like a lesser Xhaka. Would love to see Martins at Arsenal though - we lack a traditional wide man like that.

The ultras attack on the training ground is seen as an "inside job" and pretty much everyone lays the blame at the feet of the club President, it seems. But he's quite the piece of work and seems to be trying to play the victim. He is literally destroying the club. Its insane.

Cider 'I' Up

Status

Widespread reports over various trusted sources that the agent of Antony Martial has said he wants to leave Manchester United.

I’m not surprised by this news as a Manchester United fan just so disappointing not to see him starting more often, pretty much cost him a place in the World Cup too, gutted for him such young and promising talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.
    2017 Movie Log

Thread Information