Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

Ole!

Status

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

Hah, we could be beaten to a signing by Barnsley, our club is a joke

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

City going after Mahrez was ridiculous. They don't half make it difficult to like them.

Giroud is a great signing, with how Morata has played recently I'd be tempted to play Giroud first.

Established Veteran

Status

This has been the best winter transfer window we've had in a very very long time. Arsenal brought in two quality players to replace Sanchez and Walcott. Would like to see more of the same in the Summer, bringing in quality players and selling the rest of our fringe players.

In this window, we sold most of our squad players. Finally we’ve sold Debuchy, he’s joined St-Etienne on a free transfer. Injuries ruined him then he lost his place due to the emergence of Bellerin. Then there was no way back for Debuchy, should have moved a long time ago. Chupa Akpom has been sent out on loan again, why didn’t we sell him?

In the Summer we need to get bring in quality signings but also get rid of the following players: Cazorla(injury prone and back next year) Ospina, Chambers, Elneny, Iwobi, Welbeck, Akpom, Lucas Perez, Emiliano Martinez, Joel Campbell, Carl Jenkinson and Takuma Asano.

We had a whole month to get a good CB and failed to get one. Just like Liverpool our attack is strong but we didn’t address our defensive issues. Our problems are not upfront but at the back and in midfield.

Glad WBA rejected our late bid for Jonny Evans. Very happy that they turned it down, don’t want him. We will finish 6th and won’t finish lower than that so I’ll accept whatever we have at the moment.

Spurs have signed Lucas Moura from PSG for £25m. Strange that Liverpool didn’t get a replacement for Coutinho. Watford have signed Pontus Dahlberg. He will be loaned back to IFK Gothenburg for the rest of the season. Very surprised that they pulled this off. Heard that he’s a top keeper with great potential.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    City going after Mahrez was ridiculous. They don't half make it difficult to like them.

Giroud is a great signing, with how Morata has played recently I'd be tempted to play Giroud first.
    Agree on City. It almost looks like it was just to fuck with Leicester.

I am really curious to see what Conte does with Giroud. Over the past season and a half, he really seemed to have a negative impact on us tactically when he started. Not to say it was his fault, but we were always far less fluid and he was often pointed to as the reason because he just isn't as mobile and doesn't make the same kind of runs. He functions more as a traditional target man, which he didn't earlier in his Arsenal career. Not sure if that's just down his mobility declining or what Wenger asked him to do. Will Conte plan around that and accommodate it? What can a manager who actually "does tactics" do to accommodate him?

And agree on the squad chaff departing being a great thing, Kintaro. Its crazy to think that the Ozil deal might have been accomplished partly because Coquelin and Walcott left. Coquelin, on 100k per week. The departing depth worries me somewhat, as we do have our injury crises every season. But having some youngsters get some time as we battle for a Europa League spot will be better long term.

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

So we signed Barkley, Emerson and Giroud for an initial 50m outlay. Not too bad but this club seems to be pinching those pennies over the last year.

Our net has been a lot higher than in previous years with sales such as Begovic, Ake, Costa, Matic, Ramires and Oscar balancing out our incomings.

If rumours of Hazard maybe leaving this summer come to fruition I'm a little worried that the club doesn't have a replacement already sought out, because Pedro and Willian have lacked consistency in the games that matter. Not sure how well Barkley will turn out but hopefully he can finally kick on as the times of him being a potential talent are fading and it's time for him to start putting in performances.

My summer wishlist is for us to bring in two top quality, exciting attacking players. Leon Bailey is top of that list for me, and a top class RB/RWB. Hopefully Emerson hits the ground running when give the chance and gives us a younger option to deputise for Alonso, who has been a standout performer for us this year.

Status

Confirmation this morning of something that's been known for a while - Emre Can is leaving Liverpool on a free and signing with Juventus. They do better with the free transfers than any other club out there.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Yeah it was one of the worst kept secrets in football. Kinda wanted to hold onto some sort of hope that he would decide to stay in the end. Alas, when one of Europes elite clubs come calling its hard to say no.

I wish him all the best at Juve.

Established Veteran

Status

Santi Cazorla's leaving Arsenal, his contract expires next month. He hasn't played since late 2016. One of my fave Arsenal players over the last couple of years. A sad way for his career to end at Arsenal but it's the right decision. Gutted that injuries prevented him from playing for Arsenal again. Hope he proves his fitness with his next club. Wish him all the best, great player to watch, brilliant for Arsenal when he was fit.

Status

Gonna be a bit gutting if Cazorla goes back to Villarreal and actually can play again. But paying him over 100K per week when he possibly can't play just isn't good business. Respect and loyalty toward players is nothing something that should disappear.... but the level of loyalty that Wenger had to players should probably be lessened a wee bit.

Main Eventer

Status

Liverpool about to complete Fabinho deal.

Thats a great signing of true. With Keita also coming in and big rumours of Fekir they look to be building squad depth. GK, CB and they should Challenge next year.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

That legit came out of nowhere

But yeah good signing and glad to have it sorted pre World Cup. Hopefully Fekir follows soon.

Established Veteran

Status

Lyon dudes saying Fekir won't be going anywhere before the World Cup starts. As for the Fabinho deal, great move by Liverpool. He's been linked with the majority of the bigger clubs in recent windows and could prove a steal at £40m. Wonder if he'll be playing RB or DM though......
    I have a plan so cunning......

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Lyon dudes saying Fekir won't be going anywhere before the World Cup starts. As for the Fabinho deal, great move by Liverpool. He's been linked with the majority of the bigger clubs in recent windows and could prove a steal at £40m. Wonder if he'll be playing RB or DM though......
    Possibly both. What this means for Milner/Henderson/Clyne is the talking point as you can see that Fabinho is coming in as the Can replays event instead of Keita.

Phenomenal

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Liverpool about to complete Fabinho deal.

Thats a great signing of true. With Keita also coming in and big rumours of Fekir they look to be building squad depth. GK, CB and they should Challenge next year.
    Now confirmed on Liverpool’s Twitter.

Established Veteran

Status

Diogo Dalot set to join Man Utd for £17m. No doubt play backup to Valencia for a season before taking over.

Main Eventer

Status

So Porto have sold both RBs to the Premier League and left themselves with the veteran Maxi Pereira lol

Established Veteran

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    So Porto have sold both RBs to the Premier League and left themselves with the veteran Maxi Pereira lol
    They'll just raid the next best team for their full backs, all is good.

Established Veteran

Status

£43m for Fabinho is incredible value in the current market. That’s a great signing for Liverpool. That was quick how they got it done. Last summer he'd probably have gone for closer to £60-70m. Heard Arsenal failed with a late attempt bid. Not surprised as he wouldn’t choose us. We don’t have that appeal right now as we didn’t qualify for the CL.

With Keita coming in too that’s two top class additions for Liverpool and they might even get Fekir. They should be challenging for the title next season. If they can bring in two more very good CBs and a top GK then they will push Man City close next season.

Status

The lack of transfer chatter is disgusting.

Arsenal having discussions with Fellani's reps. He's available on a free. Austerity Arsenal disgusts me.

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

Fred to Man Utd all done, should be announced either this evening or tomorrow.

Dalot later this week as well.

Talks ongoing with Alderweireld and we're now being linked with Verratti as well.

All good signings I reckon although I can't say I know a lot about Dalot.

Fellaini to Arsenal actually wouldn't be bad. People always say Arsenal need to be tougher and he'd certainly give you that. He's way better than Xhaka as well.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Thread Information