Page 274 of 288 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,480 of 5754

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

Tell you what is funny....Arsenal valuing Giroud at £30m!

Wonder if we'll see any massive moves in the last few hours.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Tell you what is funny....Arsenal valuing Giroud at £30m!

Wonder if we'll see any massive moves in the last few hours.
    Arsenal do tend to struggle to understand the market anymore. But I do hope that 30m is more "he's worth this much to us" as opposed to "he's worth this much on the open market". He's 31 and not first choice, has a good goal record, and scores frequently off the bench. Seems like a good locker room guy and he doesn't agitate much over the lack of playing time - pretty sure he extended his contract not that long ago. I think most Gooners would take 30m in a heartbeat.... but Gawd would I miss that hair and that smile.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

HOLY BEEP INDEED as Mauro would say.

A team with the spine of Foster, Evans, Barry, Rondon/Rodriguez and Sturridge, with Chadli to return, should not be getting relegated. The classic mistake Albion make every year is never strengthening in January, this should give everyone a boost.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Looks like West Brom has been following my Fifa 18 career mode. It could be a great signing depending on his injuries.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Internet Favorite

Status

Can he stay fit enough to bang the goals in you need though? Should be a boost for you guys either way.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Lucas Moura for £25m is a great deal. A player with tremendous talent that I think will benefit from guidance from a coach like Poch, and Spurs is a good fit for him I think. Their attacking options are crazy. Kane, Llorente, Ali, Son, Eriksen, Lamela and now Moura. Great options there. when reports came out that Moura was available and that United were interested I thought that it would be a good move for United to go for him, but no need now that we've got Sanchez, who is a better player IMO and is already proven in the Premier League. Great deal for Spurs though and it's a good move for the player, who needs playing time. Crazy that he can't get a game at PSG.

Looks like PEA is off to Arsenal then. He'll add a real edge to Arsenal but it'll be interesting to see how Arsenal line up if that deal's completed. 2 up front? Or will they play a 4-3-3? Or is he or Lacazette going to be shunted out to the wing? Will be interesting to see. I think Wenger can make it work though. This is turning into a decent window for Arsenal really. If they can get a CB in too then that'll be a fantastic window. That may be a job for the summer though. I also think they need to hold on to Giroud. He offers them a different option up front and despite not being first choice he's scored his fair share of goals for Arsenal this season, and important ones for that.

Emerson Palmieri is close to moving to Chelsea but Dzeko isn't it seems. He's being a bit greedy for Chelsea's liking with his wages and contract length apparently so it's a no deal. Michy stepped up the other night though so perhaps Conte will be willing to give him more of a shot? Unlikely I think which is a shame, but we'll see.
    Not sure why they're going out of their way to get another left wing back though. Alonso was on fire last season and has been in blistering form this season too. He's one of Chelsea's best and most consistent performers, there's no way they can justify dropping him. Palmieri's going to be playing backup there surely?

Daniel Sturridge to West Brom on loan's a good move for him. Less pressure there for him and he has the chance to get a good run of games (providing he stays fit) ahead of the world cup.

Gerard Deulofeu on loan to Watford's a decent get for Watford too. He's a talented player, albeit inconsistent so far in his career IMO. Could turn out to be a key player for them though.

Status

Sturridge at West Brom.

Laporte to City.

Aubamayang to Arsenal is almost done. Giroud could be moving to Chelsea (WTF). Mahrez has apparently handed in a transfer request after City lodged a bid.

Its all kicking off.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Sturridge at West Brom.

Laporte to City.

Aubamayang to Arsenal is almost done. Giroud could be moving to Chelsea (WTF). Mahrez has apparently handed in a transfer request after City lodged a bid.

Its all kicking off.
    For 18m apparently. Which is an awesome deal for us. Morata/Giroud as our strikers with Batshuayi loaned out.

I was preferable to keeping Bats but for 18m you can not go too wrong for a guy of Giroud’s impact off the bench.

Status

I don't know if I would say 18m is an awesome deal. Its not a poor deal, but if Baldrick (and others) are laughing at Arsenal asking for 30m.... Giroud is probably worth somewhere in the 20-25m range.... maybe. He's 31, he's not that mobile so its not like he's a striker to suit every system. He is also prone to going long spells with no goals, like 2 years ago when he went a full half season without scoring.

Internet Favorite

Status

Wait...are they now saying Giroud is worth half of what they originally wanted or am I misreading this?

Main Eventer

Status

Aubameyang is done!!! Batshuayi to Dortmund is agreed!! Giroud's agent is in London!!

Looks like the transfer merry-go-round is nearly complete.

Lucas Moura has also completed his move to Spurs for around 22m. Great addition for Spurs if he can put a steady run of games together, which he hasn't always been able to do at PSG.

Southampton interested in Quincy Promes, who is a very good winger from Spartak but rumours now stating it's off as Spartak can't find a replacement.

Andre Schurrle to Swansea off due to Dortmund's Yarmolenko getting injured, Slimani could be off to Newcastle and Swansea are trying their best to unite the Ayew brothers. Interesting day ahead with Riyad Mahrez also looking to move.

Main Eventer

Status

Sorry for double post. But now Ozil has signed a new contract. Window looking better for Arsenal already. Shame they haven't sorted the problem at the other end of the pitch, eh?

Status

Promes was one of the best players in Russia last year when Spartak won the title. He was never going to be an easy player for Spartak to replace.

Still not excited about Aubameyang. I'll get excited when he actually does well for Arsenal. Too much concern that this is a PR transfer.

Internet Favorite

Status

Welcome Aubameyang. Our new record signing. About time. What a brilliant signing for Arsenal. Hopefully he scores loads of goals for us. This softens the blow of Sanchez leaving, now I don’t mind that he’s gone. Mkhi and Auba are teaming up once again, looking forward to it. Seems ridiculous to displace Lacazette 6 months after spending big money on him. Wenger should play 2 up front instead.

If only Wenger done this spending years ago, we wouldn’t be in this position now. Sven Mislantat has made a major impact since arriving.

Ozil has signed a three -and-a-half year contract. He becomes the highest paid player in our club history. That’s fantastic news.

Now can we not cancel the Giroud deal to fuck Chelsea over? Hope we bring in a defender today.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Sorry for double post. But now Ozil has signed a new contract. Window looking better for Arsenal already. Shame they haven't sorted the problem at the other end of the pitch, eh?
    The Ozil deal is great news.

And about Aubameyang, I shouldn't feel ambivalent but I do. I always liked him at Dortmund, which are my favorite German club. His goal record is pretty brilliant. But as I've said, I just find it an odd transfer. After pining for a top level striker for so long, we got one. In Lacazette. And we used him as a sub and didn't provide him with any service in a lot of matches. Still has 9 goals. But now.... where does he fit tactically? I CANNOT imagine we spent this much on Aubameyang to put him on the wing. And it still doesn't solve how we control midfield, create quality chances, and remove defensive mistakes.

Basically, this club confuses the fuck out of me. But at least there is money being spent. Better than our "new signings" being injured players returning.
    Last edited by Big Papa; 01-31-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Status

Haha, so City bid for Mahrez at the last minute, unsettled him, got him to turn in a transfer request, created squad disharmony at Leciester, and now apparently have said "ahh, fuck it". Guardiola is kinda bit of a dickface.

Internet Favorite

Status

Chelsea have signed Giroud for £18m on an 18 month deal. Sad to see him go, will miss him. He was one of my fave Arsenal players. Thanks for the goals Giroud. I was hoping for Arsenal to get more money but considering he is 32 this year, £18m isn’t that bad. Bargain though for Chelsea, very good signing for them. He’s very underrated. In the current inflated market I’d rate Giroud around £22-25m. Very surprised that Arsenal didn’t pull the plug on this deal. Selling again to a rival.

We needed a back up striker for our Europa League campaign. Don’t understand why we sold Giroud and kept Welbeck. Giroud wanted regular football to boost his hopes for the WC but at Chelsea, Giroud is likely to be a squad player. West Ham was a better option for him as he would be their main striker. Giroud had his farewell last night, he thanked the fans. He was a top professional and loved the club. He's a great option to have from the bench.

Debuchy could be sold tonight, good riddance. Chuba Akpom also needs to be sold but he might go out on loan. Hoping that we would get a defender in, rumours are that we might bring in Manolos. Probably too late so I think we are done in the transfer window.

Looks like Mahrez is staying at Leicester. Man City have ended their interest in Mahrez. Leicester pricing him out, they wanted a package worth £95m Mahrez made himself look like an idiot again. He put in a transfer request, then didn’t turn up for training today. Most of his team mates are unhappy with him. Will be very awkward for him to go into training tomorrow.

Internet Favorite

Status

Oh Mahrez what a fool. He'll be sold in the summer to the highest bidder though.

£18m for Giroud is a good piece of business by Arsenal, but they'll need another forward in the summer as Welbeck is too injury prone.

Status

I hated the way Giroud made our attack too static and his streakiness with the goals, but loved him otherwise. Such a pretty man with a beautiful hair. Great as a super sub. Sad to see him gone.

Definitely agree that Mahrez will be gone in the summer and Leicester will still get a big amount for him, but this could be problematic for Leicester through the remainder of the season.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Imagine being 12 points clear in the league and still feeling that you need Mahrez just to cover the short term injury of Sane. Quite surprised they were panic bidding for him.

Cannot believe we've still got Jonny Evans. Happy days.

I love Giroud, I think that's a great signing for Chelsea compared to the names they were looking at a week ago.

Thread Information