Page 271 of 289 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 5768

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

I'm stunned. I don't understand why City just don't get him and wrap it up. I'm hearing about the finances and that's laughable, Man City talking about to expensive Haha! Good one. I understand the theory they don't need him now, they don't, the league is done.. but if they're going to need him next season or want another like him next season.. How much is it going to cost? A lot more then it would to get him now, makes absolute no sense to me.

I never thought he would consider United and it looked like a lock that he was going to City but I'll be absolutely buzzing to get Sanchez at United if we can. I also feel like we've done Arsenal a favour by getting involved and if they can get 30 mil and Mihki out of us.. I think they've done well too considering the contract mess they've allowed to happen. Mihki is a quality player but he needs confidence and he needs to hit the weights because at the moment he looks like a Forlan.. quality player but unable to cope with the pressure and expectation of the Premier League and that's a shame.
    Prepare for the.. BACKLASH!

...COMING SOON, TO THE "BTB" SECTION!

*** CREDIT TO THE LOOCHA BEAR FOR THE GRAPHIC ***

War Eagle

Status
      Country                    United States

Aubamayang-Lacazette-Malcolm front 3 is a FIFA Pace-Whore Wet Dream!! It's just pace on pace on pace. If Arsenal can sign them and given their track record...I'm waiting for Sanogo to come back instead.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Can you imagine them expecting to get £30m for him now only to see him stay...fail to make Europe then see him leave on a free transfer July 1st
    Only the most optimistic or delusional Arsenal supporters would be surprised by this outcome. I can't imagine anyone with even a toe in reality expected Sanchez to extend. Once we didn't sell him in the summer, I get the impression most Gooners expected him to walk for nothing in the summer. Selling a player with six months to go on his contract isn't usually going to bring much money, so a January sale never seemed that likely. I was surprised that City were willing to pay 20m, let alone United paying 30-35m. As for the league finish, I'm sure some supporters saw the Europa League finish last year as an "aberration" and all that, but many of us have seen obvious signs of decline with no real renewal. So Europa League places was the most likely finish, and finishing below that wasn't impossible. As is clearly isn't no what the season is past halfway.

So if and when it does happen, a lot of us will be shrugging out shoulders and saying "see, this is what we've been complaining about". While supporters of other clubs either tell us we are too passive and don't really care and the rest say we're disrespectful for wanting to get rid of such a long-serving manager who has meant to so much to the club.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

As for the Evans speculation, that seems to be being driven more by Pardew then the actual media Haha!

Be interesting to see how much West Brom would value someone their happy to sell it seems to make way for other signings and how much City value him. Have a feeling it could be way off but we'll see.

EDIT: Just read what Ed said a page back. Interesting, I'd agree.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    I'm stunned. I don't understand why City just don't get him and wrap it up. I'm hearing about the finances and that's laughable, Man City talking about to expensive Haha! Good one. I understand the theory they don't need him now, they don't, the league is done.. but if they're going to need him next season or want another like him next season.. How much is it going to cost? A lot more then it would to get him now, makes absolute no sense to me.

I never thought he would consider United and it looked like a lock that he was going to City but I'll be absolutely buzzing to get Sanchez at United if we can. I also feel like we've done Arsenal a favour by getting involved and if they can get 30 mil and Mihki out of us.. I think they've done well too considering the contract mess they've allowed to happen. Mihki is a quality player but he needs confidence and he needs to hit the weights because at the moment he looks like a Forlan.. quality player but unable to cope with the pressure and expectation of the Premier League and that's a shame.
    But thats just it....Will they really need him next year too? Sane, Sterling & Jesus are all really young and doing well, Aguero is still killing it. Bernado Silva is a great backup player for those guys and then KDB & David Silva can also cover his role if need be. Sanchez is pretty much a "if the price is right sure why not" kinda deal.

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

He’s going United. I see our late arrival as a face saving excercise. An ‘at least we tried’ move to try and appease the fans. I’d be thrilled to be wrong but I don’t see it happening.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Suggesting that it's a given that Sterling and Sane start ahead of Sanchez is a bit presumptuous. Yes, both are having excellent seasons but Sanchez is a Pep player. I'm pretty sure if he was to arrive at City then he'd be starting ahead of both.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Pep loves Sane and Sterling too much. They're his guys he's building the team around (+KDB).

If any of the front three were going to miss out for Sanchez it would be Aguero.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Pep loves Sane and Sterling too much. They're his guys he's building the team around (+KDB).

If any of the front three were going to miss out for Sanchez it would be Aguero.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    That's debatable I'd say. Not disagreeing with you by any means but I don't think it's a given that that would be the case. I think Pep would play Fernandinho, D.Silva and KDB in a midfield 3 and then Aguero, Sanchez and Sterling as a front 3.

Theo Walcott is at Everton's training ground at present. Looks like his move away is coming closer to fruition. He needs to move away from Arsenal to progress since he's stagnated badly. This is a good move for Arsenal too but only if they bring in someone to replace him.

Main Eventer

Status

The writing been on the wall for Walcott for a while. When Iwobi, who has been atrocious (and under disciplinary issues) is starting ahead of you then you know that your time is up. Surprised Southampton didn't come in for him with their Van Dijk windfall.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    The writing been on the wall for Walcott for a while. When Iwobi, who has been atrocious (and under disciplinary issues) is starting ahead of you then you know that your time is up. Surprised Southampton didn't come in for him with their Van Dijk windfall.
    Arsenal was asking something like 60 million, I think.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Arsenal was asking something like 60 million, I think.
    Haha! No chance in HELL! There's no way that they're getting anywhere near that much for him. I've seen that Everton are very close to securing him for £20m.

War Eagle

Status
      Country                    United States

Given how well the front 3 of City has been doing and the tremendous form they're in, I honestly don't think Sanchez would start over any of them. We all know Pep prefers Jesus over Aguero and Pep looked at Sane like the next great superstar when he got him from Schalke (I think? bit fuzzy). Sterling is more than justifying his big-money move to City this season and I don't think Pep would want to ruin that fire power. He'd certainly have an odd rotation dilemma if Alexis came in.

The Malcolm transfer seems to be becoming more and more like a longshot and it seems we're possibly sending Giroud + cash to Dortmund for Auba. Not sure how I feel about losing Giroud, tbh. I always thought he was underrated, especially by Arsenal fans and he took way too much criticism for how well he's played in an Arsenal shirt. Guess Wenger's now reaching into Klopp's playbook, after doing the Conte back 3, and now he just wants pace ontop of pace in attack.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    But thats just it....Will they really need him next year too? Sane, Sterling & Jesus are all really young and doing well, Aguero is still killing it. Bernado Silva is a great backup player for those guys and then KDB & David Silva can also cover his role if need be. Sanchez is pretty much a "if the price is right sure why not" kinda deal.
    Well I think it's a given that they will strengthen again, pretty much every team does and will who's a serious challenging club. It's sometimes not even a "need" but a way of keeping things fresh and keeping that desire and hunger within the squad.

I take your point on board but in my opinion.. If United never got involved. City would have signed Sanchez for nothing at the end of the season (Obviously, still could and might) and despite how good Sterling/Sane have been and they've been outstanding. Sanchez is better then both of them and would start ahead of either of them, possibly even ahead of Aguero/Jesus in a front role and then someone else becomes a very good backup player.

Status

Bordeaux said today they haven't had contact from Arsenal over Malcolm

Established Veteran

Status

Theo Walcott has completed his move to Everton for £20m. 3 and a half year deal. This is a good move for Theo, not going to miss him but I wish him well at Everton. I like Theo, although he’s been very frustrating at times, very inconsistent and often injured, he had some good moments at Arsenal.

Our longest serving player. Theo was a good servant to the club(12 years) but he should have been sold 5 seasons ago. Underperforming for a long time and didn’t fulfill his potential. £20m is good business for Arsenal. Can’t see him making England’s WC squad but hopefully he reignites his career at Everton.

Now we need to get some replacements in but also need to get rid of Mathieu Debuchy and Chupa Akpom in this window. Then in the Summer get rid of Welbeck, Iwobi, Elneny, Chambers, Carl Jenkinson, Lucas Perez and Joel Campbell.

Wenger lied again, His 48 hour claim on Sanchez’s future lol. This is going to drag on. We’re strengthening Man Utd by selling our best player and in return we’re probably getting a player they don’t want. Sanchez has agreed to join Utd but Mkhitaryan has yet to agree a switch. The Alexis saga could be over by tomorrow.

Status

I wish Theo well. Hope he excels at Everton.

His career arc is basically a microcosm of Arsenal for the last decade. Lack of improvement. Stagnation. No progress. Questionable ambition. I've mentioned this recently, and maybe in this thread, but a massively revealing story about Walcott at Arsenal came out last fall when he had a hot start to the season, and a few insiders told a story of Wenger having a sit-down with Walcott in the summer. Told him that he needed to improve and his Arsenal career was on the line. A meeting like that took 10 years to happen. Oh, Wenger....

Not stressing on possible additions, but as much as I love both Miki and Auba, I don't see either as a great addition to Arsenal. Both are players who need to be used in certain ways to excel, and Auba in particular is a handful in the locker room. If Wenger can rarely get the best out of Ozil, how is he going to do so with Miki, who is a less talented but similar mercurial talent?

I can't wait for none of the additions to happen, no one else be added, and then Wenger pointing to lack of squad depth when the February-March injury "crisis" occurs. I'm sure he'll say something like such things can't be predicted or avoided, when they are both predictable and avoidable.

Established Veteran

Status

Not sure what to make of the Walcott deal to be honest. Sure £20m is a decent recouped sum for Arsenal but are they going to get someone as experienced in the division in to replace him? Unlikely.

I guess it's a good move for Theo with it being a World Cup year, and he's going to be playing on a regular basis for Everton but isn't he going to have the same issues where he wants to play as a Striker but it going to end up on the Right wing?
    I have a plan so cunning......

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Walcott was at Arsenal for 12 years? Christ

Really should have happened years ago. For Walcott's sake if nothing else. He's not a bad player at all but he seemed to get worse and worse as the years went on. Weather that was down to playing less and less or motivation issues he stayed way to long at the club. £20m for him is a decent sum to recoup for Arsenal, interesting to see how long it takes them to replace him now.

Status

Not sure how much Arsenal need to replace Walcott, at least at this point. He's played something like 47 minutes of Premier League football this season and no starts. He played regularly in the other competitions, but the FA Cup is over, the Carabao Cup is one more match (maybe two lol), and the Europa League isn't going to be that many more matches. Arsenal have been paying a 100K per week wage to a rarely used bench player. The problem is that Arsenal annual have an injury crisis. If that's attacking players, then that depth could have been vital. If its central mids or defenders, then Walcott wouldn't have helped much anyway.

Quite curious on how Everton use him. And how he wants to be used. After the contract issue a few years ago, Wenger committed to playing him up top. By the time that experiment ended, Walcott apparently did not want to play striker anymore. He just doesn't have the consistent finishing and link up play for it. Given the lack of pace thru the Everton side, having their one pacey attacker up top might not be ideal. He's not going to be able to win balls and hold them up, so running onto them with no support is probably the best bet. Could work at times. But having him on the wing, starting a bit deeper, seems like a better tactical approach.

Thread Information