Page 270 of 282 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 5632

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    It's interesting hearing Pardew say he needs to sell to raise some funds Ed...do you think that means Evans is off so he can re-invest that £20m on 3/4 players?
    That's the line coming from the club that we have to sell in order to buy, but with Chadli injured the only asset at the club you could raise a big figure with is Evans, but once you sell Evans you've got to go and buy another central defender anyway so it seems a bit counter productive. I refuse to believe there's not £20m at the club that could be used now and then you just sell Evans in the summer; we've been in the premier league for 8 years now and barely touch our money, how can we be in a sell before you buy situation. If Evans does go to a big club hopefully we can get something out of it like a player in on loan from the club we're in negotiations with.

Internet Favorite

Status

Man Utd are ready to pay more than Man City for Sanchez. Wenger seemed to confirm he is heading out the club in the next 48 hours. Hopefully after their first loss of the season, Man City up their bid for Sanchez. Can’t believe Bayern Munich or PSG haven’t gone for him. Come on Liverpool and Chelsea enter the race. Would rather let Sanchez go to Man City for free than sell to Mourinho.

Would be really hard to stomach if Alexis went there. Arsenal fans will be raging. Anyone but Man Utd. Wenger assured Arsenal fans that the days of selling our best players to our rivals were over. Hasn’t he learned from the RVP mistake? If they go ahead with this deal, we must get a player in return like Mkhitaryan or Martial which will never happen.

Arsenal are interested in signing Bordeaux winger Malcom. No idea who he is, any good? If he’s Walcott’s replacement then that’s great but we need an established replacement for Sanchez.

Status

Malcolm is a Brazilian wonderkid who came through Corinthians and got some hype. He moved to Bordeaux at the start of 2016, so he's been there for 2 years now. Don't think he was cheap to land, and will cost a fortune. He's being linked with some big clubs already. From what I've heard in some scout reports, he's very talented but inconsistent. Doesn't have a great final ball and doesn't score as much as he could / should. Lemar is fairly similar in a lot of ways, but Malcom is younger and apparently a bit more raw.

An Arsenal podcast did a statistical breakdown of the players in Europe who could replace what Sanchez contributes. They didn't use his averages, but 75% of them. There are not a lot of players that can be dropped in there.

In all honesty, I'm done worrying about what happens. I have no faith in Wenger or the club to make the best possible decision. I don't care who the replacement is because Arsenal won't pay up for a true replacement and while bringing in a massively expensive young player is exciting and all that, I have zero faith in Wenger developing them into a better player or managing their confidence so they can contribute consistently.

War Eagle

Status
      Country                    United States

Apparently the Sanchez situation will be resolved in the next couple of days, heard Man United have offered the 35m, which is astounding to me that Arsenal are actually going to get that price. Arsenal are going to potentially bring in Malcolm AND Aubamayeng and if we can somehow get Mhkitaryn in this deal, then that's a decent haul in of players coming in to strengthen the team. My last bit of hope is hinging on that this dressing room just cannot work with Sanchez still in it and they're gonna rally together once he's gone. Foolish thinking, but that's all I've got left to hang my hat on in this instance.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I'll be amazed if United pull this Sanchez deal off. I can't fathom what's stopping City from upping their bid and just going out there and getting him. Why risk him turning down United in the hope of getting him for free in the summer when you can just guarantee that he comes to you now? Because at the end of the day, what's £15m to City? Pennies.

Rusev Day Smod

Status
      Country                    England

Because City don’t see Sanchez as a key player they need. They are prepared to wait until the summer for him and don’t care if United beat them this month because of the players they already have.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Because City don’t see Sanchez as a key player they need. They are prepared to wait until the summer for him and don’t care if United beat them this month because of the players they already have.
    This sums it up. He'd play every week at United...unlikely to happen as City as he'd be on rotation with the other forward players.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Main Eventer

Status

Not sure on validity but I read somewhere that City won't allow Sanchez to be paid significantly higher than their best players, where as United are willing to offer the player more weekly wages. Apparently both us (Chelsea) and Liverpool were interested until Sanchez demanded 300k a week or above.

It's in Sanchez's hands but United could very well pull it off. Mourinho for all his bullshit is a very good hijacker.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

That makes sense, until you realise how preposterous it is that City don't see him as a key player. What a joke. Doesn't that send the signal that they don't really want him that bad then? Lol.
    Well, City's loss is our gain at the end of the day! Fingers crossed on my part lads, it's gong to be a very interesting week!

Status

The P-E-A links are.... odd. His goal record is pretty awesome. But he's not exactly a traditional world class striker. His conversion rate isn't great, he tends to miss a lot of good chances, tends to score the less likely ones, and he his greatest asset is pace. That means he works best in a certain manner and isn't really necessarily versatile enough to play in any manner the way you expect a truly top striker to be capable of.

A strange dynamic is the question of how much control Wenger has in any of this. Arsenal recently signed Sven Mislintat, the head scout from Dortmund, as well as Raul Sanllehi, who used to be Director of Football at Barcelona. Wenger has been comically against the idea of a head of football, but he reality is that Arsenal's recruitment has been woeful in recent years so things need to change. Some of Wenger's comments in recent days have some supporters under the impression its now out of his hands. The Greek youngster we signed, Wenger apparently wanted to loan out immediately to Werder Bremen but saw him train once and is now fine with him being in the squad (WTF?). I just hope that Mislintat has more up his sleeve than Dortmund players and former Dortmund players.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    That makes sense, until you realise how preposterous it is that City don't see him as a key player. What a joke. Doesn't that send the signal that they don't really want him that bad then? Lol.
    Well, City's loss is our gain at the end of the day! Fingers crossed on my part lads, it's gong to be a very interesting week!
    They already have Sterling & Sane who have been on tremendous form all season and also have KDB, B Silva & D Silva to cover there roles if need be. Plus Aguero & Jesus up front. Not to mention despite the blip yesterday they are still running away with the league and doing alright in all their other competitions with the squad that they have. Sanchez is a great player but at £300k+ a week, right now he's a luxury.

Would love it if Sanchez ends up going overseas after all this.
    Last edited by CGS; 01-15-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Status

If these deals fail and Sanchez stays for the remainder of the season (yay!), I think the chances of him leaving England go up significantly. Could see PSG or even Bayern being willing to throw big wages at him, depending on what happens in the Champions League. Money might not be the driving force for Alexis, but it clearly matters. And if some Chinese club is willing to offer him 400K per week....

The EST of WC

Status

Lol if he moves to China now. What a waste.

Sky are saying that City have pulled out which would leave United as the last team in the running.....

Status

I don't get the impression that money will be the driving factor so the China option isn't the most likey, IMO. But when huge sums of money are waved in front of your face.... poor decisions get made.

Rumors about that just as City are apparently out, Chelsea might be involved. WTF...

Internet Favorite

Status

So Chelsea are now after Sanchez too...this one could drag on for a while

The EST of WC

Status

Would laugh so hard if he's still at Arsenal come Feb 1st

Internet Favorite

Status

Man City have ended their interest in Sanchez and Chelsea are now interested. I hate Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs but Man Utd are my most hated club so I’d rather see Sanchez at Chelsea or going abroad.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    This would probably be the best outcome for Arsenal in a lot of ways.

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Can you imagine them expecting to get £30m for him now only to see him stay...fail to make Europe then see him leave on a free transfer July 1st

The EST of WC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    This would probably be the best outcome for Arsenal in a lot of ways.
    Its a big toss up. Keeping him increases your chance of champo league next year but you also have to try convince him to stay past the summer. If he stays and you still lose out on champo league you then have him leave on a free. So you lose Sanchez, Champo League and potentially £30-40m.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Can you imagine them expecting to get £30m for him now only to see him stay...fail to make Europe then see him leave on a free transfer July 1st
    The hilarity will be too much...Will be even more hilarious when Ozil follows him out on a free too.

Thread Information