Page 2 of 266 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Aspergers View Post
    United don't need Gaitan, why on earth are they wasting 20m?
    I'm pretty unsure what the thought process is. Can't tell if this means Nani is going to leave and Gaitan is a replacement or if Fergie believes Gaitan can play more centrally.

And he scores goals...!

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Marko Marin to Chelski apparently.

Chelsea have announced that they have a deal in place which will see Werder Bremen midfielder Marko Marin arrive at Stamford Bridge over the summer.

The Blues revealed on their official website that an undisclosed offer for the Germany international has been accepted.

Marin has also agreed personal terms with the FA Cup and UEFA Champions League finalists and will open a new chapter in his career in England once the Bundesliga season comes to a close.

The 23-year-old, who joined Bremen from Borussia Monchengladbach in 2009 and was contracted to the club until June 2013, has already passed a medical in London and will sign a contract with the Blues in the next few weeks.

Speaking ahead of Bremen's match with Wolfsburg on Saturday, Marin said he cannot wait to play in the Premier League.

"I had a really good time with Werder together with many great guys here, and I have lots of nice memories, but of course I am looking forward to the challenge of playing in the Premier League with such an established club," he said.
    Challenge

Marin made his Germany debut in 2008 and was part of their 2010 World Cup squad.

However, he has spent much of this season on the sidelines due to injury and is not assured of a place in Joachim Low's squad for Euro 2012.

Bremen's director of sport Klaus Allofs said in a statement: "We have always said that we would be open to talk if any of our players receives a good offer which was also interesting for Werder and we had good talks with the management at Chelsea, so that we were able to reach an agreement quickly.

"In the coming weeks, we will then deal with the last formalities.

"We wish Marko all the best for this new challenge."

And he scores goals...!

I am the Outlaw

Status

Good signing.

Bild in Germany claim that we've offered Dortmund midfielder Shinji Kagawa a contract too. This would make a lot of sense so I can see it being true. He's a good age (23), he's a very good player who scores goals and he's Asian which means he's a cash cow.

I've been accused of being a lot of things, inarticulate ain't one of them

When the black man talkin

Status

Not a big fan of Marin, although he is part of a fairly poor Bremen side. He's very erratic and inconsistent and I feel like the glimpses of brilliance have become far less frequent over the years.

Having said that, Chelsea do need a bit more width. I don't think Marin is the right guy for it though.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Chelsea didn't even spend £10m on him so even if he is a bit of a letdown it's not too much worry.

as for Kagawa to Man U I'll believe it when I see it tbh. I dunno 1) He would cost quite a bit £20-25m min I would guess and 2) Dortmund and doing pretty well so I dont see the incentive for him to leave but who knows.

I am the Outlaw

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Chelsea didn't even spend £10m on him so even if he is a bit of a letdown it's not too much worry.

as for Kagawa to Man U I'll believe it when I see it tbh. I dunno 1) He would cost quite a bit £20-25m min I would guess and 2) Dortmund and doing pretty well so I dont see the incentive for him to leave but who knows.
    His contract expires next summer.

As for incentives, as big a club as Dortmund are, United are a bigger club. We're also in a better league (though I love the Bundesliga) and we're offering him more money. And even though Dortmund are doing well, so are we.

So I think it's obvious why he'd want to join United.

I've been accused of being a lot of things, inarticulate ain't one of them

Status

Kagawa has said for quite a while he'd like to move to England too. He's just the sort of player Man Utd need, especially if he can continue this form into next year.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Yeah that'd be a great signing for United if it proves to have any truth in it. With Fergie already expressing his desire to sign Hazard and the rumours of Gaitan I'm not sure how much truth this has though.

Good news for City here:

Carlos Tevez has declared his intention to remain at Manchester City.

Tevez looked destined to leave City in January after effectively going on strike following his apparent refusal to warm-up prior to a Champions League tie in Munich last September.

However, the Argentina star returned to City when a move to AC Milan failed to materialise.

Tevez has subsequently triggered a revival if City's title challenge, scoring against West Brom before grabbing a hat-trick in the 6-1 win at Norwich.

He is expected to start tonight's crucial Manchester derby at the Etihad Stadium, and he wants to be around a lot longer.

"This club has been building something special for the last few years," he told the Manchester Evening News.

"It was the project and the dream that made me come to City in the first place. I've been here since the start of that project and I share the same vision as Sheikh Mansour.

"He has always been brilliant with me and I want to repay his faith and stay here as long as it takes to make the project a success.

"I am an ambitious person. I want to work hard and win things with City. That's all that matters to me, as a player and a person."
    Quite the turnaround from him.

And he scores goals...!

Status

In the least surprising transfer news of the summer:

Germany striker Lukas Podolski will join Arsenal from Cologne for the start of next season for an undisclosed fee.
    The 26-year-old international began his career at Cologne in 2002 and joined Bayern Munich four years later before returning to his first club in 2009. Podolski, who has 95 caps, said: "I'm so happy to be joining Arsenal and the Premier League. They are one of the top clubs in Europe with a huge history. There are many top-quality players at Arsenal and their style is fantastic."

He added: "I have made this decision not against FC Cologne but because it is a great opportunity. This was not an easy decision for me at all, as Cologne, our fans and the city are something special for me."

The Poland-born forward, who had one year left on his contract, has scored 18 league goals so far this season for a side battling relegation, which is his best ever top-flight return.
    He added: "I will always carry FC Cologne in my heart. We need to pool our strengths now and have to be fully focused on our survival in the Bundesliga."

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said: "He is a top-class player, a very good finisher and a proven performer at club and international level. He is a very strong player and will provide us with good attacking options."

Arsenal are looking to add to their striking options. While although Robin van Persie has netted 28 to become the Premier League's leading scorer, their next highest scorer is Theo Walcott on eight goals. Podolski, who will link up with international team-mate Per Mertesacker in north London, played for Germany at the 2006 and 2010 World Cups and is set to be part of their squad at Euro 2012.
    He has 43 goals from 95 appearances, putting him joint-sixth in Germany's all-time list despite often playing on the left.

Wenger said: "That is a phenomenal record and just shows his quality as a player."

Cologne's executive chairman Claus Horstmann said: "Cologne were prepared to extend Lukas Podolski's contract on the basis of a competitive offer. Nonetheless, this early transfer decision offers scope and planning security for the next season. Lukas has left a mark on FC Cologne's reputation and we feel the need to thank him for numerous great football experiences."
    Excellent signing for Arsenal for the price (around £10million, I believe) providing he continues his form from the 2010 World Cup to present into the Premier League. Before that, he was thoroughly underwhelming for Bayern and had a **** couple of seasons at Köln. But the past two seasons and at the World Cup, he's been absolutely class.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Podolski has shown he's a top top player, and capable of getting goals against most oppositions.

German players have often done well in the Premier League. I back Lukas Podolski to continue this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Truthfully Duke I probably did a boner at times. I took School after I was held back in the 3rd Grade seriously maybe too seriously at times. I wished I would of enjoyed it a bit more. I think my path is still being made to be honest.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall

Ole!

Status

Sunderland news:

Riveros completes permanent move to Kayserispor

Quote Originally Posted by SAFC
    Midfielder Cristian Riveros has joined Turkish side Kayserispor on a permanent deal after the clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

The 29-year-old Paraguay international, who joined Sunderland from Mexican side Cruz Azul in May 2010, made 14 appearances for the Black Cats during the 2010-11 campaign, scoring once in a 3-0 victory away to West Ham United.

Riveros initially joined the Turkish Süper Lig club on loan last summer and has helped Shota Arveladze's side to finished 11th in the Turkish top flight.

Shame that, i thought he'd at least come back and be given a chance by O'Neill to show his worth before moving him on

And

Gyan to complete permanent Al-Ain switch

Quote Originally Posted by Daily Mail
    Asamoah Gyan looks set to complete a £10million permanent move to UAE club Al-Ain this month.

The Ghana international, who has spent the majority of the season on a £200,000-a-week tax free loan deal, is surplus to requirements under Martin O'Neill.

Not surprised, talk of Al-Ain's chairman this week saying he wanted to make the move permanent and Gyan wants it too, oh well, money in the bank already for O'Neill

RIP Bradley

Status

£200k a week for Gyan? Are they on crack?

Ole!

Status

He has scored 22 goals however i could probably do that in that league.

RIP Bradley

Status

I think Sunderland have done really well to recoup most of the Gyan transfer money back.

Ole!

Status

We seem to do that quite well, one of the good things our board does.

RIP Bradley

WWE Mod

Status
      Country                    uk_england=England

Quote Originally Posted by The Shockmaster View Post
    Excellent signing for Arsenal for the price (around £10million, I believe) providing he continues his form from the 2010 World Cup to present into the Premier League. Before that, he was thoroughly underwhelming for Bayern and had a **** couple of seasons at Köln. But the past two seasons and at the World Cup, he's been absolutely class.
    I reckon we've got an absolute bargain at around £10m, especially if he goes on to play well in the Euros this summer. Front 3 of Podolski, Van Persie and Walcott/Chamberlain sounds very exciting.

~Phenomenal~

Status
      Country                    England

Some disappointing Albion news:

Paul Scharner to be let go by West Bromwich Albion

West Bromwich Albion midfielder Paul Scharner will leave The Hawthorns at the end of the season.
    The 32-year-old Austria international has failed to trigger a 12-month extension option after making less than the required 25 appearances this term.
    And he is now resigned to moving on when his contract expires on 30 June.
    "I would like to stay because of the supporters, who are great. But the club has other plans, so it is time to move on," said Scharner.
    "I didn't take up the option because it was impossible as I have not played enough games.
    "To do so would need new negotiations - and that won't be happening."
    Scharner, signed by Roberto di Matteo from Wigan Athletic just before the close of the August transfer window in 2010, insists that he will still have a future once he has left soon-to-be managerless Albion.
    "I think I still have enough to offer someone and have set myself a new challenge somewhere else," he added.
    "I've concluded my mission by helping them stay in the Premier League.
    "I've never been relegated and I'm very proud of this.
    "It is time to finish off the season and then decide on my future."
    This sucks, Scharner is a cult hero at Albion, and has done really well for us over the last two seasons. Albion have a stupid habit of letting fan favourites leave the club for nothing (Phillips, Gera, Koren) and I'm certain Scharner will go and do a stand up job for the next team he signs for. The prospect of going into next season without Hodgson, Scharner and most likely Ben Foster and Jonas Olsson is very worrying.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Newcastle could do a lot worse than Paul Scharner this summer
    Truthfully Duke I probably did a boner at times. I took School after I was held back in the 3rd Grade seriously maybe too seriously at times. I wished I would of enjoyed it a bit more. I think my path is still being made to be honest.

WC Fantrax Premiership

Status

On the subject of Newcastle:

Simpson would have more than doubled his wages if he had signed the £25,000-a-week deal and his refusal has angered the Newcastle United hierarchy. The former Manchester United trainee, who has one year left on his contract, has made 40 appearances for Newcastle this season, but negotiations have stalled since the turn of the year.
    Joining him on the Newcastle departure list are striker Leon Best and midfielder Danny Guthrie who are both expected to sign to Aston Villa. Villa owner Randy Lerner has stressed to Alex McLeish he must get value for money and Guthrie will be available on a Bosman free transfer, while Best will be allowed to leave for around £1.5m. Guthrie, who was signed from Liverpool for £1m four years ago, has been a key player in Newcastle’s excellent season, but he is frustrated at only being considered back up to first choice centre-midfield pairing Cheick Tiote and Yohan Cabaye.

Best has also done reasonably well on Tyneside, despite initially struggling for goals and form when he moved from Coventry City to join the Magpies Championship promotion charge in January 2010.
    The Republic of Ireland international scored six goals in 12 games following the sale of Andy Carroll to Liverpool last year, but has scored just once since September and has been replaced by £10m arrival Papiss Demba Cissé.

Telegraph.co.uk

I don't mind Simpson but we can definitely do better than him. He's been a solid hand, but defensively he's lost out of position and he's the clear weakest link in our side. Hopefully a new left back so we can push Santon to RB. Santon looks a hell of a player even in his unfavourable position.

Guthrie has been decent this year but was poor every other year including in the Championship. Again, we can do a lot better. Best is not good and it really demonstrates Villa's ambitions if he's going there. He's an Alex McLeish player if I've ever seen one.

The important thing for us is to get some more depth, quality depth at that. Our first XI is definitely top 7 worthy, but our second XI is much weaker than other teams around us.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Hmmm..

Glad to see Leon Best and Danny Simpson go. Both are what I like to call "Wolves/Blackburn Players", as in decent enough, but not the kind of players you want when you break top 6. They'll be fringe Championship players for years, mark my words.

Guthrie I'm a little at. He's decent enough to be fair. Had a great end to the season, If we can get a better replacement then great, but if Tiote goes (which I fully expect) , thats a lot of midfield shopping in summer.

Buy Joe Allen. That's what I say

WC Fantrax Premiership

Thread Information