Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Supergirl Discussion Thread

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

The Supergirl Discussion Thread

Supergirl trailer is out and it blew my expectations out of proportions... just as I was complaining I'd rather see a Batgirl TV show (and I probably still do) but this looks fucking amazing and I really hope it beats out Gotahm on ratings. Dare I say it, looks better than Flash/Arrow production value wise. And it looks really fun too. I'm not a huge fan of the Superman mythos, and it'll be a challenge for them to find villains worthwhile her time but I'm sold now. And, while I still don't think she looks good as supergirl, the actress does seem pretty awesome too so I'll look past that as well. I'd love to see some Arrow cast members pop up namely Felicity/Oliver/Ray at some point just because I think they'd offer up some pretty fun interactions and they have said that actors could feasibly pop up if DC can arrange it (over the head of the networks themselves).

Todd Chavez: I'm deeply sad and nothing can make me happy.

Also, eat the rich.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: The Supergirl Discussion Thread

Yeah really looking forward to this. I am a fan of the Superman story. Enjoyed Smallville back in the day and can get on board with this. It Looks more in line with Flash than Arrow in that it's more light-hearted which is cool. Plus Supergirl is HOT! I can't think of any negatives to this. How did I only just find out about this again?

All About That Ace

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Yeah really looking forward to this. I am a fan of the Superman story. Enjoyed Smallville back in the day and can get on board with this. It Looks more in line with Flash than Arrow in that it's more light-hearted which is cool. Plus Supergirl is HOT! I can't think of any negatives to this. How did I only just find out about this again?
    They've also got a Titan show and Legends of Tomorrow coming in the universe.

I think it'll be better than Flash though I'm not as warm on Flash as others so there's that.

She looks good when she's not in the Supergirl outfit. Not a fan of her in the outfit though. Reminds me of Brie Larson in her Community appearances with the glasses.

Also, eat the rich.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I never been a fan of Superman and his family with Supergirl/Superboy, but this show could be really sweet. With shows like Arrow/The Flash doing so well, I think this show could do really well and open some eyes. The only negative I saw is, how is it that Supergirl is horrible using her powers versus her cousin Superman? Were both of them sent to Earth the same day, you would think that since she was older than him, that she would of perfected the powers and just kept them on the shelf. ​
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 05-13-2015 at 08:11 PM.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post

I never been a fan of Superman and his family with Supergirl/Superboy, but this show could be really sweet. With shows like Arrow/The Flash doing so well, I think this show could do really well and open some eyes. The only negative I saw is, how is it that Supergirl is horrible using her powers versus her cousin Superman? Were both of them sent to Earth the same day, you would think that since she was older than him, that she would of perfected the powers and just kept them on the shelf. ​
    I think the trailer made it pretty clear that she'd spent most of her life avoiding the use of her powers, whereas Superman is generally trained on the farm growing up. That's why she wouldn't be adept at using them, as she's only really started during the events of this series.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Pathetically Recapping Wrestling's Most Famous Garbage
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

WC Hall of Famer

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalmatic View Post
    I think the trailer made it pretty clear that she'd spent most of her life avoiding the use of her powers, whereas Superman is generally trained on the farm growing up. That's why she wouldn't be adept at using them, as she's only really started during the events of this series.
    Yeah but in the movie Man of Steel, he was refrained from using his powers as well. Theirs a part when Clark has the chance to save his Father from the Tornado or Twister[forgot which one] and his Dad tells him no. Maybe Clark had more freedom living on a farm versus Superman living in the City growing up I imagine.

All About That Ace

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    Yeah but in the movie Man of Steel, he was refrained from using his powers as well. Theirs a part when Clark has the chance to save his Father from the Tornado or Twister[forgot which one] and his Dad tells him no. Maybe Clark had more freedom living on a farm versus Superman living in the City growing up I imagine.
    It's not in the same universe, it's in the Flash/Arrow universe.

I'm sure he still used his powers akin to Smallville pre-starting to be a hero. Farm work and what not. And he wasn't actively avoiding to use his powers either like Kara is.

Also, eat the rich.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Although I myself am not the biggest Superman fan (Will say though I did enjoy Man of Steel). I got to admit I was pleasantly surprised by how good this looks. I mean Supergirl apart from her costume (Probs a work in progress like Daredevil) looks great. And I've also heard reports that when it comes to villains they have already announced that Toyman will be making an appearance which is pretty cool. As well as Vartox. So I'll be looking forward to seeing just what they do with them.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Greece

Is it going to be on the same channel as Arrow/Flash/Legends of Tomorrow?

All About That Ace

Status

Its on CBS but by the same creators. Crossovers still possible but they'd go through DC and probably wouldn't be as large scale.

Also, eat the rich.

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status

This looks amazing as hell. Benoist is so damn charming and adorable it's hard not to love her. I'm totally on board.

Spoiler:

Status

Following in the footsteps of The Flash before it, the Supergirl pilot has leaked to the internet WAY before it's air date. I'll be watching it soon, I imagine.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Pathetically Recapping Wrestling's Most Famous Garbage
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

WC Hall of Famer

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Watched the pilot. Thought it was laughably bad in almost all aspects. Really can't think of a positive thing to say at this point so I guess I'll just leave it at that. I'm sure some people will get off on this show mind you, but I doubt I'm going to be one of them.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

All About That Ace

Status

I think I might hold off on it since I'm not in a hurry though I did watch Flash's pilot ahead of time.

I tend to ignore super hero show flaws, I do think Flash/Arrow could be better in many ways but I love the super hero genre enough that, unless it's extremely bad (IE: Gotham) or it doesn't really interest me (Agents of Shield), I'll watch it in spite of that.

Also, eat the rich.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Greece

Just watched the pilot. It was fun for what it was but not even close to Gotham's pilot. Not a big Superman fun but I'll give this a chance this coming fall.

Weird Bitch Energy

Status

I haven't seen the pilot episode yet but based on the trailer it looks abysmal. from what I've seen in the trailer there is no way that this piece of crap is on par with Gotham, Flash and Arrow. The trailer reminded me of this:

https://youtu.be/j_5KgpN38hM

Run

Status
      Country                    England

I haven't seen the pilot, but the first few episodes of Arrow weren't great, so I'd be tempted to give this more of a chance to get going.

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status

Gotham is a boring show and the pilot was awful so there is no way it's gonna be worse...just because it isn't dark people are shitting on it but here's a news flash we aren't the target audience so really what we think doesn't matter

Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Booty View Post
    Gotham is a boring show and the pilot was awful so there is no way it's gonna be worse...just because it isn't dark people are shitting on it but here's a news flash we aren't the target audience so really what we think doesn't matter
    I'm also pretty anti-Gotham so you'll get no argument from me on that one. As for the other point, I know I'm not the target audience but does that also mean I shouldn't be able to voice my opinion on what I thought was a pretty poor pilot? I realize that nobody who IS the target audience is going to give a crap what I think about the show, but I'll reserve the right to cry foul when something sucks all the same.

I'm not going to pass judgment on the show just from this one episode, as there's always a chance it will pick up steam once it gets going. If so, great, I'll be happy to watch. If not, well, I won't be shocked given what we've already seen.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Boobage Expert

Status

I'm with Fuji on not judging a show based on its pilot, my rule of thumb is to always give a new shoe 3 episodes if I am interested in watching it. If it can't grab me in 3 episodes then I usually abandon it. Rarely am I wrong after that judgement though one exception has been Arrow. I did not care for the first season at all but it got better.

Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information