Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Fuji....

Status

Re: Ask Fuji....

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Damn ninjas. Erm, how about WCW/NWA? Do they count as one? Oh **** it, I'd take the NWA because I could watch the original WarGames match over and over again and never tire of it.
    These might be the same ninjas who once kidnapped Samoa Joe. They have some kind of evil agenda.

They think like Vince McMahon - you can`t focus on the past, because that would mean the current products aren`t AWESOME. Which they obviously are. So you basically need to pick a current wrestling product to provide all your pro wrestling goodness going forward.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    These might be the same ninjas who once kidnapped Samoa Joe. They have some kind of evil agenda.

They think like Vince McMahon - you can`t focus on the past, because that would mean the current products aren`t AWESOME. Which they obviously are. So you basically need to pick a current wrestling product to provide all your pro wrestling goodness going forward.
    Ok, then my honest answer is TNA. For one, I prefer watching Impact to Raw/SD, I like the majority of the wrestlers on the show and truly feel they are making a lot of positive strides.

That being said, you did mention I could change if they went out of business, so I can always fall back on another company if/when that happens!

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Kingdom

Status
      Country                    United States

Well this was supposed to be mostly about movies but I'll bite. I'd have to think that it would have been very difficult to boost past the WWF in the ratings without that angle and I honestly can't imagine them doing so. It's clear that they needed a change as the Hogan face stuff was beyond thin by the time he turned. I guess I could see them shifting to the Kevin Sullivan style brawl format that was seen in matches like him and Cactus Jack vs. The Nasty Boys at Slamboree '94 being something that would have helped them compete, but not enough for it to push them past the WWF.

So in answer, I don't think anything other than the NWO could have done it.[/COLOR]
    Dammit, my apologies. I didn't even realize what section it was in. Great answer though and I 100% agree.

Soooo, Megan Is Missing. Will you ever watch it again when your panties are NOT in a bunch?!?!?

#MeganIsMissingisMovieoftheCentury

I AM UNTETHERED AND MY RAGE KNOWS NO BOUNDS

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    ie=Ireland

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, want to get your thoughts on this film?

Note: I have seen it already but just wanting a fellow movie guru's opinion on the film.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidTakerFan View Post
    Here's to hoping this goes Steve or Ed's way. Nash your a poofter and a Donald supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidTakerFan View Post

Tiger Woods v 1.0 was great but Tiger 2.0 is SHIT. That is all. Rory for Prez Fowler for Vice Prez and Luke Donald can suck my balls. MTF
    One of these days the clock will stop and time won't mean a thing.
    Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters
    I don't like to hit little bitches with glasses, but when midgets step up, I stomp midget asses

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Soooo, Megan Is Missing. Will you ever watch it again when your panties are NOT in a bunch?!?!?
    How did I know you were going to ask me about Megan Is Missing?

Well to answer, first of all I don't wear panties so they can't ever be in a bunch. Second, I wouldn't even watch a remake of MIM unless I was told that a samurai was going to cut my penis off if I didn't. Once was more than enough thanks, and honestly, would you watch it again?

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidTakerFan
    Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, want to get your thoughts on this film?

Note: I have seen it already but just wanting a fellow movie guru's opinion on the film.

I liked it better when it was called Hugo.

Honestly, it wasn't as bad as some critics make it out to be, and Horn's performance was noteworthy. I just think I expected a little more out of the cast. Oh and props to Von Sydow as well, he did a bang up job considering the limitations imposed on his character.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Kingdom

Status
      Country                    United States

How did I know you were going to ask me about Megan Is Missing?

Well to answer, first of all I don't wear panties so they can't ever be in a bunch. Second, I wouldn't even watch a remake of MIM unless I was told that a samurai was going to cut my penis off if I didn't. Once was more than enough thanks, and honestly, would you watch it again?
    Already watched it twice again, BROTHER!! Loved it as always. But I'm glad you saw a MIM question coming. I'm that predictable.

Also, what's your stance on actors in SILENT FILMS winning "Best Actor" awards?

The Artist, I'm looking at you!!

I AM UNTETHERED AND MY RAGE KNOWS NO BOUNDS

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Already watched it twice again, BROTHER!! Loved it as always. But I'm glad you saw a MIM question coming. I'm that predictable.

Also, what's your stance on actors in SILENT FILMS winning "Best Actor" awards?

The Artist, I'm looking at you!!
    I can't believe you watched it more than once, you are definitely crazy!

I had no issue with Dujardin winning Best Actor, its hard to do such a great job with a character that doesn't speak. He brought the character to life in a way not many actors could, and he earned the award.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Status

You wanna have sex with me don't you?
    Spoiler:

Roll Tide...Because Charlie said so.

HOSS MOD

Status

Worst movie remake?

And as a follow up: best movie remake?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTide View Post
    You wanna have sex with me don't you?
    I should think the answer to that question is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T
    Worst movie remake?

And as a follow up: best movie remake?

Worst is Rob Zombie's Halloween 2, which should have all prints destroyed so nobody ever has to watch it again.

Best is a tie between Alfred Hitchcock's remake of his own film "The Man Who Knew Too Much" and John Carpenter's remake of "The Thing".

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

HOSS MOD

Status

Okay, now for a really clever question:

Say some Hollywood executives came up to your door one day and told you that they were going to be filming a wrestling movie based on a real-life wrestler. Who would you base the movie on, who would you suggest be cast, and who would you suggest direct?

Status

Do you watch many TV shows today? If so, which is your favorite and what are some underrated ones that you'd reccomend?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Okay, now for a really clever question:

Say some Hollywood executives came up to your door one day and told you that they were going to be filming a wrestling movie based on a real-life wrestler. Who would you base the movie on, who would you suggest be cast, and who would you suggest direct?
    Definitely a clever question Mr. Cyrus.

Hmm, well it would have to be a wrestler who's had a compelling enough life to make for a great story, so that eliminates a lot of guys. I'd also think that telling a story of a super famous one wouldn't necessarily work because people might not be able to identify, so Hogan, Flair and others of that ilk are out. Angle would be interesting in that we could see his Olympic life and shift into pro-wrestling, but the more recent part of his career wouldn't play too well.

What we want here is a character that came from humble beginnings, scratched and bled their way to the top and never looked back, a character that is interesting to watch and listen to and one that we can identify with. So with that being said my answer as to who the wrestler would be is...

Mick Foley.

He certainly represents an individual we can both empathize with and relate to, has enough back story to fill more than one film and has seen all the up's and down's that any wrestler has. As for who plays him, that's really hard and I'd almost be willing to say Foley himself, but since I can't do that I'll say Zach Galifianakis, who has the look and can pull off the comedy and drama (if you've seen the film It's Kind of a Funny Story you'll know what I mean). For director I'd pick Rupert Wyatt (The Escapist, Rise of the Planet of the Apes) as he is excellent at character studies, though I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd love to see Martin Scorsese tackle the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Peep Show
    Do you watch many TV shows today? If so, which is your favorite and what are some underrated ones that you'd reccomend?

I don't watch a lot of television today but Dexter, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Eastbound and Down are my favourites. I also love Breaking Bad, The Killing and The Walking Dead and would recommend any of those shows to people. Truthfully, my favourite shows are old sitcoms like All in the Family, M*A*S*H and Three's Company.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

HOSS MOD

Status

Mick Foley...good answer.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Mick Foley...good answer.
    You definitely had me thinking, but in the end I felt his story would be the most compelling for the widest possible audience. Dusty Rhodes would be another candidate as he has mass appeal to the average person, but Foley's story would be better suited to film.

I'd love to see a Jeff Hardy film as well, directed by three escapees from a lunatic asylum on PCP and LSD. That would rock!

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

I'd love to see a Jeff Hardy film as well, directed by three escapees from a lunatic asylum on PCP and LSD. That would rock!
    I would pay many fine dollars for such a thing.

So, Fuji, do you have a specific genre of movie types that you like most? Horror, Comedy, Romance, Bro-mance, Slasher, etc?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Punk Wolf View Post
    I would pay many fine dollars for such a thing.

So, Fuji, do you have a specific genre of movie types that you like most? Horror, Comedy, Romance, Bro-mance, Slasher, etc?
    I like pretty much all genres but if I had to pick one over any I'd say documentaries. I love learning new things and feel that real people are more compelling than fictional ones 99.9% of the time. Horror would be my favourite fictional genre though, I can always be entertained by the eerie or the macabre.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Friendship King

Status

Intriguing. Though, this does raise the question of what would be your favourite documentaries? I admit it's kinda a flat question, so here's another I made up on the spot:

Most iconic horror movie of all time?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Punk Wolf View Post
    Intriguing. Though, this does raise the question of what would be your favourite documentaries? I admit it's kinda a flat question, so here's another I made up on the spot:

Most iconic horror movie of all time?
    There's too many to mention but War Dance and Jesus Camp will always be among my favourites. I recently saw Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey and thought it was quite well done.

Most iconic horror movie of all time is a pretty broad question as there are so many sub-genres to look at. I'd argue that the original Dracula is probably among the short list of contenders simply for its staying power. Psycho, Night of the Living Dead, Jaws, The Exorcist and The Shining also have to be counted among the top ones.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Friendship King

Status

I like the way you think.

Final question from me today, for twelve points: If a movie was being made about you (abliet a highly-stylished rehash), directed by you, who would you cast as the lead actor to play you?

Thread Information