Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125 LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 2481

Thread: Ask Fuji....

  1. #2461
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    31,793
    Rep Power
    4528439
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Grimirez View Post
    Thanks for the response, was curious on your thoughts on those two films in particular as surprisingly I kinda have the opposite opinion between the two, thinking OUATITW slightly edges TGTBATU. I think both films are sort of the final say of the genre that are unable to be duplicated. I'm currently working on a "what happened to the Western" series of articles for my local paper so I welcome any further thoughts you might have if they come to mind! Cheers, mate!
    First off, I’d be interested in reading this series as well, as I’ve always loved the genre.

    That being said, I honestly think the genre is alive and well, as there are a myriad of great western films that have been released over the last several years. Though they may not be as marquee as they have in the past, films like Hostiles, The Sisters Brothers, The Kid and The Proposition are very true to form. Once you add in the neo-Western’s like Hell or High Water, Meek’s Cutoff, Wind River and even Bone Tomahawk, it seems clear that the genre is still alive, albeit operating under the “not your father’s Western” guise.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  2. #2462
    Mid-Card Champion

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    703
    Rep Power
    227324
      Country                    United States

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Speaking about westerns... Fuji, can you rank and give your thoughts on the following films:

    - Rio Bravo
    - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    - High Noon
    - Unforgiven
    - Shane
    - The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
    - of course the two films that Grim asked you about
    - The Searchers
    - The Wild Bunch

    Those are the greatest westerns I've seen unless I'm forgetting some lol.

  3. #2463
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    31,793
    Rep Power
    4528439
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    Speaking about westerns... Fuji, can you rank and give your thoughts on the following films:

    - Rio Bravo
    - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    - High Noon
    - Unforgiven
    - Shane
    - The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
    - of course the two films that Grim asked you about
    - The Searchers
    - The Wild Bunch

    Those are the greatest westerns I've seen unless I'm forgetting some lol.
    First of all, sorry for the long delay, but to rank AND give thoughts requires my brain to work at levels it’s not meant to for long periods of time.

    The Searchers - Quite simply the best example of the genre that exists.

    The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - Ultra accessible to modern audiences and perhaps the greatest example of a movie that plays shorter than its length.

    Unforgiven - Just ridiculously good. Eastwood’s masterpiece.

    High Noon - A beautiful classic that can draw anyone into the genre.

    Once Upon a Time in the West - Rewards repeat viewers like few on this list.

    The Wild Bunch - Peckinpah’s hyper kinetic direction frames a brilliant character study.

    Rio Bravo - Served as one of the main inspirations for my favourite director, John Carpenter, and it’s an awesome movie in its own right.

    Butch Cassidy... - Very entertaining, I even have the poster on my wall, but I hate Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head so it loses a couple of marks.

    Shane - The book is better.

    The Assassination of a Title - I was bored to tears.


    You should also check out...

    McCabe and Mrs. Miller
    The Great Silence
    Red River
    The Naked Spur
    Johnny Guitar
    Winchester ‘73


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  4. #2464
    Mid-Card Champion

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    703
    Rep Power
    227324
      Country                    United States

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    No worries for the delay. I'm surprised to see that you were bored by The Assassination. It's one of the most beautifully shot movies and used often in cinematography classes. It's underrated modern classic in my opinion and it had bad luck coming out in one of the greatest film years in history - 2007.

    I've seen all of your recommendations except Johnny Guitar, with The Great Silence and Winchester '73 being my favorites from the bunch.

  5. #2465
    AVGVSTVS DE WC
    Tuco Grimirez's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Barrows Mansion, Romsdalen, Norway
    Posts
    9,574
    Rep Power
    1631576
      Country                    Norway

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    If I can make a suggestion as well, I think Il' Mercenario (The Mercenary) is also worth a watch for that finale alone, one of Ennio Morricone's most underrated tracks ever.

  6. #2466
    Mid-Card Champion

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    703
    Rep Power
    227324
      Country                    United States

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Why Married with Children is the greatest sitcom ever?

  7. #2467
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    31,793
    Rep Power
    4528439
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Bro View Post
    Why Married with Children is the greatest sitcom ever?
    You misspelled Three’s Company.

    MWC is pretty hilarious, but I find a lot of the humour wears thin for me once Steve is out of the picture. He’s easily my favourite character on the show (not named Al of course) and I think it was at its peak when he was a cast member. The episode where the Bundy’s and the Rhodes impersonate each other on the game show remains one of my favourite bits of television ever.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  8. #2468
    Cult of Fuji
    Wang Chung's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Steeler Country
    Posts
    10,326
    Rep Power
    891964
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    You misspelled Three’s Company.

    MWC is pretty hilarious, but I find a lot of the humour wears thin for me once Steve is out of the picture. He’s easily my favourite character on the show (not named Al of course) and I think it was at its peak when he was a cast member. The episode where the Bundy’s and the Rhodes impersonate each other on the game show remains one of my favourite bits of television ever.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But 4 is a crowd?




    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

    TEAM CYRUS



  9. #2469
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    31,793
    Rep Power
    4528439
      Country                    Canada

    Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung View Post
    But 4 is a crowd?




    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Actually Three’s a Crowd was a spin off from Three’s Company that only lasted one year but was pretty funny in its own right. The kid that worked in Jack’s kitchen, EZ, was hilarious.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  10. #2470
    Cult of Fuji
    Wang Chung's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Steeler Country
    Posts
    10,326
    Rep Power
    891964
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Actually Three’s a Crowd was a spin off from Three’s Company that only lasted one year but was pretty funny in its own right. The kid that worked in Jack’s kitchen, EZ, was hilarious.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I remember that spin off. I liked both shows.

    Who is better. Mr. Roper or Furley?

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

    TEAM CYRUS



  11. #2471
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    31,793
    Rep Power
    4528439
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung View Post
    I remember that spin off. I liked both shows.

    Who is better. Mr. Roper or Furley?

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Roper. There are just too many great episodes that he’s an integral part of.

    Don Knotts does hit the highest acting note of the two, though, in the episode where he does the monologue about the cat, Patches, that he had when he was growing up. Great stuff.

    It does say a lot that the best episode of the show, Up In The Air, features neither. It was always John’s show.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  12. #2472
    The Flow
    Move Mitch Get Out The Way's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,443
    Rep Power
    1988714
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Lately the last few months my girlfriend and I have been watching the Golden Girls and if I remember correctly you’re a big fan of the show right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

  13. #2473
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    31,793
    Rep Power
    4528439
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Mitch View Post
    Lately the last few months my girlfriend and I have been watching the Golden Girls and if I remember correctly you’re a big fan of the show right?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A big enough fan to know that it’s a lobster on the wall in the kitchen, though I love the alternative and its recent fame.

    The 25 episodes with Stan are the best, just because Herb Edelman fully committed to the role, perhaps even more than Bea Arthur did.

    That being said, the hands down best episodes are “Isn’t It Romantic” and “Ladies of the Evening”. The former has one of Sophia’s best lines, a gem that will never age.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  14. #2474
    Cult of Fuji
    Wang Chung's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Steeler Country
    Posts
    10,326
    Rep Power
    891964
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Roper. There are just too many great episodes that he’s an integral part of.

    Don Knotts does hit the highest acting note of the two, though, in the episode where he does the monologue about the cat, Patches, that he had when he was growing up. Great stuff.

    It does say a lot that the best episode of the show, Up In The Air, features neither. It was always John’s show.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh I agree with it being John's show but I felt that they were good at the support of the show and was great in those roles.

    Ironically enough I don't even remember watching a single episode of the Ropers.





    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

    TEAM CYRUS



  15. #2475
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    31,793
    Rep Power
    4528439
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung View Post
    Oh I agree with it being John's show but I felt that they were good at the support of the show and was great in those roles.

    Ironically enough I don't even remember watching a single episode of the Ropers.





    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    It wasn’t very good, but the first episode of the second season, The Party, is a classic. Definitely worth checking out if you can find it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  16. #2476
    AVGVSTVS DE WC
    Tuco Grimirez's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Barrows Mansion, Romsdalen, Norway
    Posts
    9,574
    Rep Power
    1631576
      Country                    Norway

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Which James Bond movie have you gone back and watched, and thought that it aged better than every other one?

  17. #2477
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    31,793
    Rep Power
    4528439
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco Grimirez View Post
    Which James Bond movie have you gone back and watched, and thought that it aged better than every other one?
    Strictly from an entertainment perspective, I’m tempted to say A View to a Kill, simply because I enjoy it much more now than I did in the past.

    However, I’m going to go with Licence to Kill. It’s edgy tone fits right in with the most recent Bond films, as does Dalton’s portrayal of the character. It’s not a coincidence that his two films seem to have aged better than many of the others.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


    Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass







  18. #2478
    Mid-Card Champion

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    703
    Rep Power
    227324
      Country                    United States

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    You misspelled Three’s Company.

    MWC is pretty hilarious, but I find a lot of the humour wears thin for me once Steve is out of the picture. He’s easily my favourite character on the show (not named Al of course) and I think it was at its peak when he was a cast member. The episode where the Bundy’s and the Rhodes impersonate each other on the game show remains one of my favourite bits of television ever.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Completely agree about the character of Steve. In my opinion the best character in the show not named Al Bundy. Another thing that helps it's the fact that Steve Rhodes is the only character that was written with specific actor in mind - David Garrison. Such a shame he left the show prematurely.

  19. #2479
    Heel Champion
    SupearSaying's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Moscow, Russia.
    Posts
    3,045
    Rep Power
    1477737
      Country                    Russian Federation

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    I've been watching some PTA films over the Christmas break so my creative conversation starter is what is your favourite Paul Thomas Anderson film?


  20. #2480
    Main Eventer
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,166
    Rep Power
    1155589

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    What are your thoughts on Highlander 2 renegade edition?
    I am the Foundation

    https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham

Page 124 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •