Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2420

Thread: Ask Fuji....

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Ask Fuji....

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    YOU’VE PLAYED HEARTS WITH A FUCKIN’ BOND VILLAIN?!?!?!

I mean, it’s the villain of The World Is Not Enough, BUT STILL BEGBIE FUCKIN’ RULES
    Hearts with one, darts with another. I need to figure out how to get Javier Bardem to play pool with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Pixar Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Hearts with one, darts with another. I need to figure out how to get Javier Bardem to play pool with me.

Only thing that could top all of that is backgammon with Louis Jourdan.

Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Only thing that could top all of that is backgammon with Louis Jourdan.
    It’s all in the wrist.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Have you heard about the film Herditary and do you think it will live up to the hype it is getting?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung View Post
    Have you heard about the film Herditary and do you think it will live up to the hype it is getting?

I didn’t really know it was getting any hype but I’ve seen the trailer and it looks alright. It’s from A24 so there’s virtually no chance it’ll be bad but calling it “this generation’s Exorcist” might be a bit of a stretch. To be honest, it looks like a pretty cliched horror movie to me but perhaps that’s just because they don’t want to give away too much in the trailer.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I didn’t really know it was getting any hype but I’ve seen the trailer and it looks alright. It’s from A24 so there’s virtually no chance it’ll be bad but calling it “this generation’s Exorcist” might be a bit of a stretch. To be honest, it looks like a pretty cliched horror movie to me but perhaps that’s just because they don’t want to give away too much in the trailer.

It's being deemed the best horror film in decades and a theater in Austrailia accidentally played the trailer before a screening of Peter Rabbit and had to offer a free movie pass to all the people in attendance.

TEAM CYRUS

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung View Post
    It's being deemed the best horror film in decades and a theater in Austrailia accidentally played the trailer before a screening of Peter Rabbit and had to offer a free movie pass to all the people in attendance.

It sure doesn’t look like the best horror film in decades to me and I’ll be shocked if it’s better than The Babadook or The Witch. I really dislike when people use that kind of terminology because it just leads to unnecessary expectations for the movie. Let’s just hope it’s a good scary movie and not put it on some kind of imaginary pedestal.

That theatre story is pretty great though. Talk about good marketing by accident.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Inspired by me wanting to watch The Fog remake for the first time and then seeing you gave it a 3/10 (making me even more excited to watch)

What would be your top 5 worst horror remakes since 2000?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BD22 View Post
    Inspired by me wanting to watch The Fog remake for the first time and then seeing you gave it a 3/10 (making me even more excited to watch)

What would be your top 5 worst horror remakes since 2000?
    In no particular order...

The Fog - Just utterly terrible on every level, I'm really upset that I ended up giving it another chance last night. I don't even think Carpenter's original is near his best work but it looks like Citizen Kane next to this garbage.

Black X-Mas - I make a point of watching Bob Clark's original once a year since it still holds up remarkably well. On the other hand, the only holding going on while watching the remake is me trying to hold in my lunch.

Halloween - I don't want to spend a lot of time on Rob Zombie's trashterpiece so I'll just say it ranks as one of the worst movies I've ever seen and did the near impossible by being so poor it made Halloween: Resurrection look great by comparison.

The Amityville Horror - I'm not high on the original in the slightest, actually preferring the sequel and Burt Young's super creepy performance, but it's still light years ahead of this piece of crap.

It's Alive - If you're going to remake a movie, at the very least it would be nice to try and glean what the purpose of the source material was. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it turned out that the crew on this movie never actually watched the original.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

H̸E̴L̷P̴ ̵M̵E̵!̸

Status
      Country                    Japan

Thoughts on each Scooby Doo movie (Direct-To-Video, Theatrical, Hannah-Barbera specials, etc.) you have seen and how you rate them out of 10?

"Why won't the rainclouds go away? They're not going away at all..."

Grim's Threads:

"she must have changed her mind or something... That's why her fingertips were all bloody, anyway."

Spoiler:

"It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be let alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests."

- H.P. Lovecraft

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Thoughts on each Scooby Doo movie (Direct-To-Video, Theatrical, Hannah-Barbera specials, etc.) you have seen and how you rate them out of 10?
    This is going to be pretty simple because I've only seen two.

Scooby-Doo: The Movie - I actually enjoyed this quite a bit although I wouldn't go as far as calling it a good movie or anything like that. I loved Matthew Lillard as Shaggy and thought the rest of the principle cast handled their parts well, particularly Linda Cardellini as Velma. Perhaps the most interesting thing about this movie is that it was written by future Guardians of the Galaxy writer/director James Gunn. We've all got to start somewhere I suppose. As far as a rating goes I'd give it a 6/10 and a mild recommendation to watch.

Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery - This was...terrible. I'm not kidding when I say it may very well be the worst movie I've ever seen and that's coming from someone who just sat through a late 80's buddy cop comedy starring Jay Leno and Pat Morita! My favourite thing about the whole movie was the prominent role Sin Cara played even though he was basically nowhere to be found on the actual WWE roster back then. By comparison, the WWE/Jetsons movie is way better and actually worth seeking out. The rating on this would be around 3/10 and that's being generous.

I'm honestly amazed how many of these movies there are. It's not like the show was some brilliant piece of entertainment that demanded a myriad of movies but then again they're probably cheap to make. For what it's worth, I did enjoy the show as a kid but having seen it in recent years I can say that I don't think it holds up all that well. If we're talking Hanna Barbera I'll take Wacky Races or Hong Kong Phooey over Scooby Doo any day of the week.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

H̸E̴L̷P̴ ̵M̵E̵!̸

Status
      Country                    Japan

This is going to be pretty simple because I've only seen two.

Scooby-Doo: The Movie - I actually enjoyed this quite a bit although I wouldn't go as far as calling it a good movie or anything like that. I loved Matthew Lillard as Shaggy and thought the rest of the principle cast handled their parts well, particularly Linda Cardellini as Velma. Perhaps the most interesting thing about this movie is that it was written by future Guardians of the Galaxy writer/director James Gunn. We've all got to start somewhere I suppose. As far as a rating goes I'd give it a 6/10 and a mild recommendation to watch.

Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery - This was...terrible. I'm not kidding when I say it may very well be the worst movie I've ever seen and that's coming from someone who just sat through a late 80's buddy cop comedy starring Jay Leno and Pat Morita! My favourite thing about the whole movie was the prominent role Sin Cara played even though he was basically nowhere to be found on the actual WWE roster back then. By comparison, the WWE/Jetsons movie is way better and actually worth seeking out. The rating on this would be around 3/10 and that's being generous.

I'm honestly amazed how many of these movies there are. It's not like the show was some brilliant piece of entertainment that demanded a myriad of movies but then again they're probably cheap to make. For what it's worth, I did enjoy the show as a kid but having seen it in recent years I can say that I don't think it holds up all that well. If we're talking Hanna Barbera I'll take Wacky Races or Hong Kong Phooey over Scooby Doo any day of the week.
    You don't know what you're missing with Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, dude.

Think the live action movie, but Billy West is Shaggy, Mark Hamill makes a cameo, and Adrienne Barbeau is a major character.

It's also MUCH darker than the live-action movie. Easily the darkest and most morbid Scooby Doo movie ever.
    Last edited by Yuri; 06-03-2018 at 09:54 AM.

"Why won't the rainclouds go away? They're not going away at all..."

Grim's Threads:

"she must have changed her mind or something... That's why her fingertips were all bloody, anyway."

Spoiler:

"It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be let alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests."

- H.P. Lovecraft

The Waffle King

Status

Yeah Grim is right Zombie Island is the bomb. I just watched it a few weeks ago. It’s currently on Canadian Netflix

[07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Well it's been awhile since I've been in this Thread Sensei Fuji. Here's some questions I have for you today

So I recently saw The Cannonball Run for the first time and it was one of the funniest Movies I've ever seen. Besides the Cast that is Star-Studded to say the least, the Comedy, Acting and Action is so well done in my opinion. I don't Their wasn't a moment where a joke didn't work for me, and here's a question if you've seen the Movie what are you thoughts on the film as a whole. I also heard that their might be plans to reboot and bring it back, if you were charge of who would J. J. McClure and some of the other characters in the film? One of the first guys that came up to mind to play JJ is Jason Tatum who I thought was funny as fuck in the 21 Jump Street films.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sadio HoHo View Post
    Well it's been awhile since I've been in this Thread Sensei Fuji. Here's some questions I have for you today

So I recently saw The Cannonball Run for the first time and it was one of the funniest Movies I've ever seen. Besides the Cast that is Star-Studded to say the least, the Comedy, Acting and Action is so well done in my opinion. I don't Their wasn't a moment where a joke didn't work for me, and here's a question if you've seen the Movie what are you thoughts on the film as a whole. I also heard that their might be plans to reboot and bring it back, if you were charge of who would J. J. McClure and some of the other characters in the film? One of the first guys that came up to mind to play JJ is Jason Tatum who I thought was funny as fuck in the 21 Jump Street films.
    The better question there is how many times a year do I watch it and the sequel?

In terms of new casting, I assume you actually meant Channing Tatum because I'm pretty sure Jason Tatum is a basketball player for the Celtics. I've never seen the Jump Street movies so I can't speak to his comedic skills but I don't think I'd like him in the role. I'd actually go for someone like Jon Hamm since he's got the look and the comedic timing down perfectly. It seems pretty obvious that Zach Galifianakis would be playing Victor. The women can basically be any combination of hot chicks so I guess I'd go with Scarlett Johansson and Margot Robbie.

It gets tougher when you get to the Fenderbaum and Blake roles because Davis and Martin are so perfectly cast it almost seems better to re-write them.

Oh and for the Roger Moore role I'd go with another star of today that's as instantly recognizable and can do fantastic self-deprecating humour. That would be Dwayne Johnson hands down.

As far as thoughts on the movie, you can read them by clicking HERE

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Status

Why do you think Alien3 gets such a bad rep? I thought it was pretty good tbh.

Booty For HOF

Status
      Country                    United States

What are your thoughts on the Classic Movie "Twins"? Also, there have been rumors (confirmed by Danny D) that a sequel called "Triplets" may soon begin filming (if it already hasn't). It is said that Eddie Murphy would play the third brother if this happened. How would you feel about a sequel, or do you feel that they should just leave it like it is?

Also, why does the third Robocop movie suck so much?
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Why do you think Alien3 gets such a bad rep? I thought it was pretty good tbh.
    Two reasons come to mind. First, killing off Newt and Hicks at the very beginning pissed a lot of fans off and they checked out of the movie mentally afterwards, never giving it another chance. The second is that Fox absolutely butchered it during editing and cut out a lot that helped to flesh out the story. There's hardly any proper character motivations in the final cut so its impossible to care about them as a result. The workprint version, which is readily available on both DVD and Blu-Ray, puts almost all of this back in and turns it into a decent if not great film. For what its worth, I think this version is my second favourite Alien movie after the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    What are your thoughts on the Classic Movie "Twins"? Also, there have been rumors (confirmed by Danny D) that a sequel called "Triplets" may soon begin filming (if it already hasn't). It is said that Eddie Murphy would play the third brother if this happened. How would you feel about a sequel, or do you feel that they should just leave it like it is?

Also, why does the third Robocop movie suck so much?
    I remember it being funny (Arnold particularly) but I haven't seen it in like 20 years so I'm not sure how well it holds up. As far as a sequel goes, I'm not sure I'd really care to see it because it's been so long but I'd still give it a chance based on good faith with the performers. Apparently it starts shooting at some point this year and yes, Eddie Murphy is the third twin so it'll be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out.

As far as Robocop 3 goes, I'll say there's two reasons for that as well. One is re-casting Weller since nobody was going to compare to him in the role and the second was killing Lewis so early into the film. Just like Alien 3 above, a lot of people probably just checked out after that and stopped giving a shit. I honestly don't think Robo 3's story is all that bad, just poorly executed.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Status

What are your thoughts on Alien Resurrection?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    What are your thoughts on Alien Resurrection?
    I actually reviewed that one (along with the rest of the original series) way back in 2011. You can find the full review HERE.

I should point out that when I watched it last year I lowered my original rating to a 7/10 due to some of the effects not looking as solid on the Blu Ray version. Still a respectable score though.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Thread Information