Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 2,281 to 2,297 of 2297

Thread: Ask Fuji....

Die By My Hand

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Re: Ask Fuji....

Dioceses (was supposed to be decided but autocorrect happened, keeping it because it amused me ) to pop my Tarkovsky cherry with the OG Solaris. Bout 75 minutes in, where do I go from here with ol Andrei?

Team CD | Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T
    Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Dioceses (was supposed to be decided but autocorrect happened, keeping it because it amused me ) to pop my Tarkovsky cherry with the OG Solaris. Bout 75 minutes in, where do I go from here with ol Andrei?
    Well, besides Solaris I've only ever seen Stalker and Sacrifice so I'd say those. I really should get around to watching the rest of his stuff at some point.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five MCU Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

Die By My Hand

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Well, besides Solaris I've only ever seen Stalker and Sacrifice so I'd say those. I really should get around to watching the rest of his stuff at some point.
    I just now realized he only made 7 films. Fuckin KGB.

Spoiler:

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I have some questions for you Fuji man. In the past few weeks I recently rewatched the first two Terminators and as well as the Genisys film which to me I actually liked, even with all the bs going on in that one. Now Cameron is back in the fold for the franchise, so I wanna know how you feel about and the franchise as a whole.

The first ever nude scene I saw a kid which I was 12 at the time was in Hollow Man with the Kim Dickens having your boobs being abused by Kevin Bacon's character and I was like what the fuck. I was over my best friends Dad's home and looked over at them like are we going to change this or what. My Parents never let me watched things like that, it wasn't till when I was older that I was able to see the Sopranos, because my Parents never me see that show when it was HBO back in the day. What the questions I'm asking is what is your first nude scene, whether it was a quick boob shot or a full fledged sex scene you watched when you were younger.

Why not put the Cherry on top with crushes you had growing up in Movies and TV?

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I have some questions for you Fuji man. In the past few weeks I recently rewatched the first two Terminators and as well as the Genisys film which to me I actually liked, even with all the bs going on in that one. Now Cameron is back in the fold for the franchise, so I wanna know how you feel about and the franchise as a whole.
    I really like the original, more than the second in fact. That's not to say the second is bad, it's still excellent and definitely ground breaking in terms of effects. I do find it lulls a little bit and Ed Furlong's character is annoying, so that's why the original takes it for me. Not to mention, I actually find the story in the first one much more compelling than the slam bang action oriented one in T2. I didn't really care for Rise of the Machines outside of Kristanna Loken's hot body. I thought Salvation was great and Genisys was fine for what it was, although it tried to be a little bit too cute for its own good at times.

I'm not sure how I feel about Cameron being back because he hasn't proven anything to me with his recent work on Avatar, but I suppose I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

The first ever nude scene I saw a kid which I was 12 at the time was in Hollow Man with the Kim Dickens having your boobs being abused by Kevin Bacon's character and I was like what the fuck. I was over my best friends Dad's home and looked over at them like are we going to change this or what. My Parents never let me watched things like that, it wasn't till when I was older that I was able to see the Sopranos, because my Parents never me see that show when it was HBO back in the day. What the questions I'm asking is what is your first nude scene, whether it was a quick boob shot or a full fledged sex scene you watched when you were younger.
    Jamie Lee Curtis in Trading Places is the first that comes to mind.

Why not put the Cherry on top with crushes you had growing up in Movies and TV?

Other than her I always loved Catherine Mary Stewart, which is funny because I'm watching her in The Last Starfighter as we speak. Others I can think of would be Mary Crosby (mainly from Ice Pirates since I can't think of her in anything else), Grace Jones (seriously) and Kim Basinger.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Die By My Hand

Status

Ask Fuji....

If only he could get May Day and the pigeon from Moonraker to agree to a threesome…

I'm watching Mark Rydell's The River so FAV 5 SISSY SPACEK PERFORMANCES GO

Spoiler:

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I really like the original, more than the second in fact. That's not to say the second is bad, it's still excellent and definitely ground breaking in terms of effects. I do find it lulls a little bit and Ed Furlong's character is annoying, so that's why the original takes it for me. Not to mention, I actually find the story in the first one much more compelling than the slam bang action oriented one in T2. I didn't really care for Rise of the Machines outside of Kristanna Loken's hot body. I thought Salvation was great and Genisys was fine for what it was, although it tried to be a little bit too cute for its own good at times.

I'm not sure how I feel about Cameron being back because he hasn't proven anything to me with his recent work on Avatar, but I suppose I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

Other than her I always loved Catherine Mary Stewart, which is funny because I'm watching her in The Last Starfighter as we speak. Others I can think of would be Mary Crosby (mainly from Ice Pirates since I can't think of her in anything else), Grace Jones (seriously) and Kim Basinger.
    Sometimes Fuji I fight with myself which Terminator I like more like I do with the first two Alien films. I loved Michael Biehn's work in the first film, without his performance to me the movie is dead in my opinion. He brings the horrid future to life telling his story while his drive to keep Sarah alive is greatly done. Here's some more Terminator questions if you were in charge of Writing the next film where would take the franchise?

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

If only he could get May Day and the pigeon from Moonraker to agree to a threesome…

I'm watching Mark Rydell's The River so FAV 5 SISSY SPACEK PERFORMANCES GO

1. Coal Miner's Daughter
    2. Missing
    3. Badlands
    4. In the Bedroom
    5. Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Sometimes Fuji I fight with myself which Terminator I like more like I do with the first two Alien films. I loved Michael Biehn's work in the first film, without his performance to me the movie is dead in my opinion. He brings the horrid future to life telling his story while his drive to keep Sarah alive is greatly done. Here's some more Terminator questions if you were in charge of Writing the next film where would take the franchise?
    The best part of the original Terminator is Michael Biehn saying he always wondered what Sarah Connor was thinking of in the photo he kept of her and it turns out she was thinking of him. Excellent writing and it just makes me sad that Cameron isn't capable of stuff like that anymore.

As far as where the next film goes, I'm not really sure. I mean, they've done the whole time travel thing to death and it's starting to wear thin so maybe doing one that takes place entirely in the future would make more sense? Personally, I'd go with Sarah Connor moving to Detroit in 1987 and having the Terminator show up to kill her only to be confronted by Robocop.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Die By My Hand

Status

AvP? *Clay Davis style sheeeeeeet* RvT is where it's at.

Spoiler:

Die By My Hand

Status

Rubens on Matthew Macfadyen?

Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Rubens on Matthew Macfadyen?
    From what I've seen (which admittedly isn't a whole lot based on his filmography) I think he's as solid an actor as they come but has a tendency to be overshadowed by someone else in the same movie as him. I remember enjoying his portrayal of The Sheriff of Nottingham in Ridley Scott's Robin Hood movie but unfortunately he was totally outdone by Mark Strong's insanely strong performance as Godfrey. Not to go off on too much of a tangent but the cast in that movie is ridiculous, I've got to give it a re-watch asap.

Anyhow, he was also really good in the mini-series The Enfield Haunting (which I believe is available on Hulu) but again was outdone by Timothy Spall, which in fairness isn't that much of a shock. The same thing happened to him in Frost/Nixon (Langella and Sheen) and Death at a Funeral (Dinklage). Maybe it's just his lot in life to constantly be cast in movies with actors who are better.

I haven't seen this movie he's in called In My Father's Den but it sounds great so I'll have to check it out soon.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Die By My Hand

Status

I forgot he was in half of those movies you listed because of him getting outdone.

Before I read your reply I only remembered seeing him Joe Wright movies, Ripper Street and The Last Kingdom and I love him in those.

Spoiler:

SOS Brigade Member

Status

Top 5 Yaphet Kotto movies as well as thoughts on his career in general?

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Grim Reviews Random Games / WWE: Rewriting History / Resident Evil: Raccoon City / Humanity

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Top 5 Yaphet Kotto movies as well as thoughts on his career in general?
    Is this based on performance or just movies he's in? It would be hard to go for the former since he generally played the same character but as far as what I'd say his best work has been it would be in Homicide: Life on the Street. As for the top 5 movies he's in...

5. Across 110th Street
    4. Live and Let Die
    3. The Running Man
    2. Midnight Run
    1. Alien

As far as career goes I've always loved the guy in everything I've seen him in. He's got a definite presence and he knows how to work it well. Could never imagine him being a lead actor mind you, but he's more than good as a supporting player.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

God's Gift to God

Status

I haven't seen last week's episode yet but thoughts on this season of Who? It feels all over the place story wise but goddamn is Capaldi amazing. I heard this last episode was amazing and need to see it but the overall theme hasn't paid off for me yet as a series. Bill and nardol have been good fun and I'm sad to see Capaldi go.

This cast feels like it could have been the best cast of new who for me but had such a short lifespan.

ily

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulCoxatron View Post
    I haven't seen last week's episode yet but thoughts on this season of Who? It feels all over the place story wise but goddamn is Capaldi amazing. I heard this last episode was amazing and need to see it but the overall theme hasn't paid off for me yet as a series. Bill and nardol have been good fun and I'm sad to see Capaldi go.

This cast feels like it could have been the best cast of new who for me but had such a short lifespan.

ily
    Well, I posted individual episode thoughts in the Doctor Who Discussion Thread up to the episode Oxygen so here they are...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice
    The Pilot - This was a great introduction to the new companion Bill, who I've taken a quick shine to. I'd never seen Pearl Mackie in anything before (apparently she hasn't been in a lot anyways) but she's got some decent acting chops and has quickly shown solid chemistry with both Capaldi and Matt Lucas. Wasn't too high on the "monster" in this episode but I suppose it was more of a setup for Bill's introduction than anything else. I did enjoy that it took her a little longer to figure out the TARDIS than some other companions and Lucas' subsequent reaction when she does is great.

Smile - Not a very strong episode, although it did do the job of showing Bill that there's a lot of danger out there. I honestly felt like this one was as paint by numbers as they come, with a quick jaunt in the TARDIS, a threat that doesn't really feel all that threatening, the Doctor waxing poetic about species getting along and a relatively happy ending.

Thin Ice - I love period pieces so I was pretty happy with this one overall even though I felt it, like Smile, was a little bit generic. I loved the bad guy here though, sometimes the greatest threats to humans are just other humans, no Dalek's or Zygon's needed. Bill's reaction to seeing death for the first time and her subsequent anger at the Doctor's cavalier attitude towards it was excellent stuff. She's already better than Clara in my mind.

Knock Knock - Now this is more like it, a good old classic Doctor Who horror story complete with a strong villain who feels justified in his actions, a sympathetic figure, crazy bugs and a freaking awesome haunted house. I actually felt that this episode should have been flipped with the subsequent one since that would have put it on the air a day before Mother's Day, which would have fit the story fairly well. Anyhow, that aside, this was the first really strong episode of the season and one I'm sure I'll go back to at some point.

Oxygen - Two in a row as I felt this one was actually a little bit better than Knock Knock. I loved the idea of capitalism in space and the monsters of the week were sufficiently freaky. If I had one complaint it was that the ending felt pretty rushed, but everything leading up to it was the bomb yo. Another one I'm sure I'll revisit when the season is done.
    I enjoyed the subsequent three story arc with the Monks quite a bit but I'm saving full thoughts on the rest of the season for after this weekend's finale. I'll be sad to see Capaldi go because like you I really think he. Bill and Nardole are doing some of the best work between a Doctor and companions that I've seen in some time.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

God's Gift to God

Status

I forgot that thread existed lmao

ily

Thread Information