Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104112113114
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2280

Thread: Ask Fuji....

  1. #2261
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scaramanga's Funhouse
    Posts
    23,872
    Rep Power
    248323
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    Idk if you've been asked this before (you probably have) but since i'm just watching the new series of Dr Who, I was wondering how you'd rank the Doctors? And who have your favourite companions been?

    In addition to this - Do you think Christopher Eccleston left the show way too early? I know he had disputes and stuff but I still think his lone season is one of the strongest of the reboot and he did a great job in reviving the character. I feel like he really could've been a great Doctor if his time wasn't cut short.

    Lastly, who would you cast as the new Doctor? Kris Marshall seems like a totally lame choice.
    I'm pretty sure I've ranked them a few times before but here you go anyways...

    Tom Baker
    Patrick Troughton
    David Tennant
    William Hartnell
    Peter Capaldi
    Jon Pertwee
    Christopher Eccleston
    Sylvester McCoy
    Peter Davison
    Colin Baker
    Matt Smith
    Paul McGann (he was fine but his sample size is way too small to rank properly)

    Baker and Smith are interchangeable to me because they both played great versions of the Doctor but I felt they were let down by less than stellar storytelling a lot of the time.

    Favourite companions are Sarah Jane, Leela, Barbara and Jamie. Can't stand Rose or Clara.

    As far as Eccleston goes, I would have been fine with him staying on for another series or two but then we wouldn't have gotten Tennant so quickly. I'll agree with you that his season was one of the strongest and probably the one I've revisited the most times since the show has been back on the air. As for who I'd have play the Doctor if I had my choice, I've always thought that Richard Ayoade would make a perfect Doctor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Timothy Zahn has written a new (canon!) Thrawn book. Read it yet? Plan to?
    I wasn't aware of the new book but yes, I'll be reading it shortly.


    Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2013~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis







  2. #2262
    Hard Times
    Kassius HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leaf Village
    Posts
    27,632
    Rep Power
    92777
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've ranked them a few times before but here you go anyways...

    Tom Baker
    Patrick Troughton
    David Tennant
    William Hartnell
    Peter Capaldi
    Jon Pertwee
    Christopher Eccleston
    Sylvester McCoy
    Peter Davison
    Colin Baker
    Matt Smith
    Paul McGann (he was fine but his sample size is way too small to rank properly)

    Baker and Smith are interchangeable to me because they both played great versions of the Doctor but I felt they were let down by less than stellar storytelling a lot of the time.

    Favourite companions are Sarah Jane, Leela, Barbara and Jamie. Can't stand Rose or Clara.

    As far as Eccleston goes, I would have been fine with him staying on for another series or two but then we wouldn't have gotten Tennant so quickly. I'll agree with you that his season was one of the strongest and probably the one I've revisited the most times since the show has been back on the air. As for who I'd have play the Doctor if I had my choice, I've always thought that Richard Ayoade would make a perfect Doctor.

    I wasn't aware of the new book but yes, I'll be reading it shortly.
    I think the Thawn Book is close to 500 pages, you might be reading it for a good amount of time buddy unless you're a speed reader.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  3. #2263
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scaramanga's Funhouse
    Posts
    23,872
    Rep Power
    248323
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kassius HoHo View Post
    I think the Thawn Book is close to 500 pages, you might be reading it for a good amount of time buddy unless you're a speed reader.
    I read Rogue One: Catalyst the night before I saw the movie on opening day and that's 324 pages so yeah, I'd say I read pretty fast.


    Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2013~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis







  4. #2264
    Hard Times
    Kassius HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Leaf Village
    Posts
    27,632
    Rep Power
    92777
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I read Rogue One: Catalyst the night before I saw the movie on opening day and that's 324 pages so yeah, I'd say I read pretty fast.
    The Force is strong in you

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  5. #2265
    Mid-Card Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    647
    Rep Power
    7644

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quick thoughts on both Funny Games movies? Even though Watts and Roth do a great job I feel like the remake is less effective because I'm watching people a recognize as movie stars instead of unknown actors. It feels less dangerous in a way. Is there a reason that Haneke did a shot for shot remake other than to just appeal to an American audience?

  6. #2266
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scaramanga's Funhouse
    Posts
    23,872
    Rep Power
    248323
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by BD22 View Post
    Quick thoughts on both Funny Games movies? Even though Watts and Roth do a great job I feel like the remake is less effective because I'm watching people a recognize as movie stars instead of unknown actors. It feels less dangerous in a way. Is there a reason that Haneke did a shot for shot remake other than to just appeal to an American audience?
    I've actually answered this before and your thoughts are very similar to my own...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice
    In all honesty, I'm still not even sure why Haneke felt the need to remake the movie in the first place, especially given how good the original was. The major difference that needs to be addressed is the actors, as casting famous people like Roth and Watts in the remake really took me out of the story. By contrast, when watching the original back in the day, the fact that I didn't know any of the cast involved made it feel a lot more real. I also didn't care for Michael Pitt and Brady Corbet at all, finding them to be cheap knock off's of the original actors, Arno Frisch and Frank Giering. I don't think the remake is particularly bad mind you, it is pretty much the same movie after all, but if I had to pick one I'd go back to the original for the acting alone. At the same time, Funny Games kind of loses its impact after the first viewing, so again, a remake wasn't really necessary in my mind, at least for those of us that had already seen it once.


    Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2013~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis







  7. #2267
    Ducks Fly Together
    CocksDynamite's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,257
    Rep Power
    89488
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Top ten songs made specifically for a movie?


    [10:24 PM]Nash: joshi sucks
    [10:25 PM]Nash: he's not even the best racer you can pick mario's way better

    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.
    Please support me on Father's Day as I run for prostate cancer research!

  8. #2268
    Cliff 'Em All
    Creeping Death's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever Whores Go
    Posts
    12,892
    Rep Power
    100043
      Country                    United States

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by CocksDynamite View Post
    Top ten songs made specifically for a movie?
    01. The Ecstasy of Gold
    02. The Ecstasy of Gold
    03. The Ecstasy of Gold
    04. The Ecstasy of Gold
    05. The Ecstasy of Gold
    06. The Ecstasy of Gold
    07. The Ecstasy of Gold
    08. The Ecstasy of Gold
    09. The Ecstasy of Gold
    10. The Ecstasy of Gold

    Team CD | Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T
    Spoiler:



  9. #2269
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scaramanga's Funhouse
    Posts
    23,872
    Rep Power
    248323
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by CocksDynamite View Post
    Top ten songs made specifically for a movie?
    Original songs (like the ones that the Academy gives an Oscar to) only or do scores count as well? Because if it's the latter then....

    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    01. The Ecstasy of Gold
    02. The Ecstasy of Gold
    03. The Ecstasy of Gold
    04. The Ecstasy of Gold
    05. The Ecstasy of Gold
    06. The Ecstasy of Gold
    07. The Ecstasy of Gold
    08. The Ecstasy of Gold
    09. The Ecstasy of Gold
    10. The Ecstasy of Gold


    Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2013~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis







  10. #2270

    Silk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gravity Falls
    Posts
    5,826
    Rep Power
    148373

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Where does Mask of the Phantasm rank in the pantheon of Batman cinema?



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Alexii Kavanagh | Restoring Order BTB
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame



    Never Forget
    Spoiler:


  11. #2271
    Ducks Fly Together
    CocksDynamite's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,257
    Rep Power
    89488
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Original songs (like the ones that the Academy gives an Oscar to) only or do scores count as well? Because if it's the latter then....


    Just gonna go with original songs for this one


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    [10:24 PM]Nash: joshi sucks
    [10:25 PM]Nash: he's not even the best racer you can pick mario's way better

    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.
    Please support me on Father's Day as I run for prostate cancer research!

  12. #2272
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scaramanga's Funhouse
    Posts
    23,872
    Rep Power
    248323
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Where does Mask of the Phantasm rank in the pantheon of Batman cinema?
    I'd rank it behind Burton's Batman, Batman Returns and Batman Begins but ahead of Batman Forver, Batman & Robin, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. As a very loose re-imagining of Batman: Year Two, it's pretty damn good and as I have a soft spot for all things Batman: TAS related I have a tendency to overrate it a little bit. I haven't seen it in years but you've inspired me to give it a re-watch to see if I'd still rank it so high.

    Quote Originally Posted by CocksDynamite View Post
    Just gonna go with original songs for this one
    Alright, well this is more of a personal list than anything else but here you go...

    10. Lose Yourself - 8 Mile
    9. Eye of the Tiger - Rocky III
    8. Ghostbusters - Ghostbusters
    7. Arthur's Theme - Arthur
    6. Mrs. Robinson - The Graduate
    5. Don't You (Forget About Me) - The Breakfast Club
    4. Fight the Power - Do the Right Thing
    3. Goldfinger - Goldfinger
    2. Save Me - Magnolia
    1. Blame Canada - South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut


    Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2013~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis







  13. #2273
    Mid-Card Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    647
    Rep Power
    7644

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    What are some good Spaghetti Westerns to check out after I finish the Dollar's Trilogy?

  14. #2274
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scaramanga's Funhouse
    Posts
    23,872
    Rep Power
    248323
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by BD22 View Post
    What are some good Spaghetti Westerns to check out after I finish the Dollar's Trilogy?
    After those I highly recommend continuing with Leone's Once Upon a Time in the West and A Fistful of Dynamite as both are excellent. Others I'd recommend...

    The Great Silence
    The Big Gundown
    Death Rides a Horse
    They Call Me Trinity
    My Name is Nobody
    Companeros
    A Pistol for Ringo
    Four of the Apocalypse
    Boot Hill
    The Grand Duel


    Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2013~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis







  15. #2275
    Cliff 'Em All
    Creeping Death's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever Whores Go
    Posts
    12,892
    Rep Power
    100043
      Country                    United States

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Rubens on Martin Koolhoven's Brimstone?

    Team CD | Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T
    Spoiler:



  16. #2276
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scaramanga's Funhouse
    Posts
    23,872
    Rep Power
    248323
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Rubens on Martin Koolhoven's Brimstone?
    Haven't seen it yet but I like the cast so I'll check it out soon.


    Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2013~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis







  17. #2277
    Ducks Fly Together
    CocksDynamite's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,257
    Rep Power
    89488
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Rubens on Blue Streak?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    [10:24 PM]Nash: joshi sucks
    [10:25 PM]Nash: he's not even the best racer you can pick mario's way better

    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.
    Please support me on Father's Day as I run for prostate cancer research!

  18. #2278

    RyuShake Taguchi's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    13,869
    Rep Power
    246559
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by CocksDynamite View Post
    Rubens on Blue Streak?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I rip ya lips off and kiss ma ass wit dem shitz.








    Spoiler:


    POWERFUL RANGERS

    Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo






  19. #2279
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scaramanga's Funhouse
    Posts
    23,872
    Rep Power
    248323
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by CocksDynamite View Post
    Rubens on Blue Streak?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually just watched it for the first time a couple of months back and considering I'm not a big Martin Lawrence fan I was pretty surprised at how funny I found it. I really enjoyed the ongoing banter between him and William Forsythe's character and while it was completely unrealistic it was smart enough to go as over the top with the story as possible. Oh and Dave Chappelle's character is hilarious and totally steals the scenes he's in.


    Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2013~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis







  20. #2280
    Ducks Fly Together
    CocksDynamite's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,257
    Rep Power
    89488
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I actually just watched it for the first time a couple of months back and considering I'm not a big Martin Lawrence fan I was pretty surprised at how funny I found it. I really enjoyed the ongoing banter between him and William Forsythe's character and while it was completely unrealistic it was smart enough to go as over the top with the story as possible. Oh and Dave Chappelle's character is hilarious and totally steals the scenes he's in.
    Yeah I'm not a big Lawrence fan either and was very surprised on how much I enjoyed it. Agreed Chappelle was hilarious.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    [10:24 PM]Nash: joshi sucks
    [10:25 PM]Nash: he's not even the best racer you can pick mario's way better

    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.
    Please support me on Father's Day as I run for prostate cancer research!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •