Page 111 of 115 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2289

Thread: Ask Fuji....

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Canada

Re: Ask Fuji....

Quote Originally Posted by CocksDynamite
    Okay here we go again. Thoughts on Coming to America, Junior, Hardcore Henry, Selma, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Perks of Being a Wallflower?
    Coming to America - Hilarious and one of those movies I'll watch anytime I catch it on television. Aside from my personal favourite moment, the reappearance and indeed redemption of Randolph and Mortimer Duke, there's just a lot to love here. Murphy and Hall's multiple characters, John Amos and Eriq La Salle with excellent support and just an all around great story.

Junior - As far as Arnold comedy vehicles go, it's not too bad but it pales in comparison to Twins and Kindergarten Cop. I think it may be due a re-watch though because the last time I saw it I actually sandwiched in between those two and it obviously fell short of the mark. That being said, considering how terrible the premise was, I'm surprised it didn't fall flat on its face from the get go.

Hardcore Henry - I wasn't expecting much based on the previous first person movie I'd seen but it turned out a lot better than I thought it would be. I feel like it could have been chopped down by about 20 minutes or so but it still never felt overly long. Really dug the way the story swerved partway through as I legitimately didn't see it coming and you can't deny that the action was some of the best put on film in the last several years.

Selma - Still haven't gotten around to watching it but it's on my HD so I'll try and catch it shortly. The same director did an excellent documentary called The 13th, which was nominated for an Academy Award this year. Well worth watching if a bit heavy on the depressing side of things.

The Great Muppet Caper - My personal favourite of the original trilogy of Muppet movies and one hell of a fun time. From the opening number, which basically tells you the plot of the movie, to Diana Rigg's brilliant line "it's exposition darling, it has to go somewhere" through to Charles Grodin's delightfully sleazy Nicky and the John Cleese guest spot there's just nothing about this movie that I don't like. Hell, I think I may watch it at some point next week.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Haven't seen this one.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2014~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

BOW DOWN TO RECYCOCKS

Status
      Country                    Canada

Junior, Selma, and Caper are all on Netflix right now and The 13th is on my Watch List so it'll be watched soon.

Grodin in Caper and La Selle in Coming to America are two of the most sleazy characters in history lol.

Another question: What the fuck happened to John Landis? Went from being one of the best directors in Hollywood to directing shit movie after shit movie. Some directors have redeemed themselves but it seems he just gave up.

[10:24 PM]Nash:
    joshi sucks
    [10:25 PM]Nash: he's not even the best racer you can pick mario's way better

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.
    Please support me on Father's Day as I run for prostate cancer research!

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CocksDynamite View Post
    Another question: What the fuck happened to John Landis? Went from being one of the best directors in Hollywood to directing shit movie after shit movie. Some directors have redeemed themselves but it seems he just gave up.
    Eh, who knows? He could have gotten tired of working hard, been busy raising his kids or just burned out creatively. It's not like he'd be the first great director that happened to. John Carpenter's last good movie was arguably Vampires and if you don't like that one then it's In the Mouth of Madness and that came out 23 years ago. Dario Argento made amazing horror movies throughout the 70's but the last great thing he did was 30 years ago. I really feel like a lot of these guys are just creatively fertile for a finite amount of time and then either continue to work for money or explore new avenues of art, such as Carpenter has done with his music.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Just watched The Third Man for the first time. Besides Citizen Kane what other Orson Wells should I check out?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BD22 View Post
    Just watched The Third Man for the first time. Besides Citizen Kane what other Orson Wells should I check out?
    They're all good in different ways but I'd go with the following for what I'd say is top quality...

The Magnificent Ambersons
    Othello
    Touch of Evil
    Chimes at Midnight
    The Lady from Shanghai
    The Trial
    The Stranger

I'd also recommend F for Fake but it's not for everyone.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

I was a highwayman

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm sure you've been asked this but opinion on the new star trek movies?

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Dario Argento made amazing horror movies throughout the 70's but the last great thing he did was 30 years ago.
    So we're just going to pretend Mother of Tears isn't a cinematic masterpiece? Ok.

The Worldwide 96 has concluded and a World Champion has been crowned,
    but we're far from finished scratching our tournament itch. Introducing...

The above image will lead you to an index for Tournament Road.
    The links below cover everything leading to these tournaments.

BIG-ASS RECAP | TRIFECTA | SHOWCASE 1 | SHOWCASE 2

Quote Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
    If anyone knows me then one things for sure, I know BTB's, and this is by far the best one.
    Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    So we're just going to pretend Mother of Tears isn't a cinematic masterpiece? Ok.
    It sucks that he waited so long to complete the trilogy and then did so when he was so far off his game. On the bright side, nobody that's seen Mother of Tears complains about The Godfather Part III anymore.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Dak Lives Matter!

Status

If you could cross over one super hero and one horror icon for a movie, who would it be? And how would you have the climax?
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

Die By My Hand

Status

GFIII just needed to add Robert G. (Goddamn) Duvall and subtract Sofia Coppola and its instant 6 stars. *picks up mic that Dook dropped, dusts it off, drops it again*

Team CD | Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T
    Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps View Post
    If you could cross over one super hero and one horror icon for a movie, who would it be? And how would you have the climax?
    Well, I'm tempted to go the easy route and say Wolverine vs. Freddy since it kind of writes itself, at least in terms of the fight sequences. However, I'm not sure the movie could ever really end since it'd be virtually impossible for either guy to die. Punisher vs. Jason is another one that sounds cool until you get to how it ends. Batman vs. Predator would be cool but I'm pretty sure there's already a comic book of that so I won't do that either.

Instead, I'm going to go a little bit out there and say Spider-Man vs. Chucky. For starters they're both wisecracking jerks so the potential comedy in the script would be great, plus I can enjoy watching Spidey get his ass kicked by a doll. In terms of the climax, I'd have Chucky and Spidey fight in a Cryogenic Facility so that Spidey can put Chucky into the deep freeze without killing him and setting up the inevitable sequel when that movie makes a billion dollars.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Dak Lives Matter!

Status

Awesome choices! Toxic Avenger vs Jason would be pretty cool. Freddy vs Dead Pool or Ironman would have some hilarious moments too.

I love Leatherface but I think he would get destroyed by almost any hero.

Is it just me or is Captain America kind of a boring hero?
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps View Post
    Is it just me or is Captain America kind of a boring hero?
    Yeah, he's pretty bland but then again that kind of fits with his whole apple pie, good guy image. I think Chris Evans does a fantastic job of portraying the character as somewhat mundane but with a lot of depth below the surface considering he's a man out of time.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

I was a highwayman

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore Iceman View Post
    I'm sure you've been asked this but opinion on the new star trek movies?
    I feel like super dave just got betrayed by fuji.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore Iceman View Post
    I feel like super dave just got betrayed by fuji.
    Yeesh, sorry dude, totally flaked on that one. Blame Natty for getting me all riled up by claiming Mother of Tears is a cinematic masterpiece. Anyhow, here's some quick thoughts on all three...

Star Trek - I thought it was an excellent reboot that was done in a near-perfect way in the sense that it introduced the new cast while paying the right amount of lip service to fans of the original. The new actors are all bang on, with Karl Urban gaining some bonus points for nailing the DeForest Kelley accent and Zach Quinto for getting the essence of Spock from the get go. Loved the Nimoy stuff as well as it didn't feel shoehorned into the plot just to get an old cast member cameo, ala good old DeForest Kelley touring the Enterprise for no reason in Encounter at Farpoint. My only complaints about this one were Abrams incessant use of lens flares and Eric Bana's villain being a bit on the dry side.

Into Darkness - Another rock solid entry, although I don't think it was quite as good as the first one. I did enjoy the heavier emphasis on villains this time around, with Peter Weller and Benedict Cumberbatch giving superb performances. I think the main issue was that the Khan reveal was ruined about a month before the film hit theaters and that kind of hurt the impact of the scene. However, that wasn't enough to stop me from enjoying the movie and I loved pretty much everything else, from the awesome opening sequence to the nifty twist on the Wrath of Khan ending. Great stuff.

Beyond - I had a little more trouble with this one while still enjoying bits of it. For starters, I really didn't like the direction and my fear of it being Fast and Furious in space was well founded. I mean, did they really need to have a motorcycle sequence ffs? Another issue I had was the heavy makeup on Idris Elba, which I think kind of obscured the delivery of some of his lines. When you've got an actor that talented, don't make them a mushmouth. Still a fun movie though and something I'd definitely watch again.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

[Blank Space]

Status

Thoughts on Brett Ratner's comments on Rotten Tomatoes "ruining the film industry"?

Die By My Hand

Status

Ask Fuji....

He wanted to remake The Killing of a Chinese Bookie so his opinion is irrelevant.

What's that? "This isn't Ask CD" you say? Well idgaf.

While I'm here…

Rubens on The Night Of please.

Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Thoughts on Brett Ratner's comments on Rotten Tomatoes "ruining the film industry"?
    I think he's a hack director who's clearly lost his mind given the obscene profits the movie industry pulled in last year alone. Trying to argue that an aggregator is contributing to some mythical box office decline is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe he should try focusing his energy on making a good movie instead of the steaming trash piles of filth that he's put out over the last several years.

I did love when he tried to use Batman v. Superman as an example of this when it raked in over $873 million worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    He wanted to remake The Killing of a Chinese Bookie so his opinion is irrelevant.
    He what? Good lord, I could only imagine how fucking terrible that would be. Also, I haven't seen The Night Of yet so my Rubens would be as relevant as Brett Ratner is to Hollywood.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Die By My Hand

Status

Rubens fired!

Apparently it was in the early 2000s when he tried to do that and PT Anderson started running his mouth about it saying how monumentally dumb it would be and people lost interest in making it. At least, that what I've read on the ever infallible Internets.

Spoiler:

Die By My Hand

Status

Ask Fuji....

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I think he's a hack director who's clearly lost his mind given the obscene profits the movie industry pulled in last year alone. Trying to argue that an aggregator is contributing to some mythical box office decline is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe he should try focusing his energy on making a good movie instead of the steaming trash piles of filth that he's put out over the last several years.

I did love when he tried to use Batman v. Superman as an example of this when it raked in over $873 million worldwide.

He what? Good lord, I could only imagine how fucking terrible that would be. Also, I haven't seen The Night Of yet so my Rubens would be as relevant as Brett Ratner is to Hollywood.
    From a 2006 CHUD interview:

Q: Do you have a smaller movie waiting?

Ratner: A small movie. Not as small as this [The Grand]! I have a movie. I would like to remake The Killing of a Chinese Bookie.

Q: That’s very ballsy. Remaking Cassavetes.

Ratner: Ballsy? Come on, Paul Thomas Anderson said he’ll personally put a bullet in my head. It’s the greatest movie ever made to him. The problem is that nobody’s seen it except for cinephiles. It never got a release in the United States – I think it played for one day and Cassavetes pulled it because it got bad reviews. It only came out in France. It’s a cult film and it’s a flawed movie. I think it’s a brilliant movie, tonally it’s brilliant, but I’m not remaking Psycho. Come on.

I read it somewhere else (couldn't find it) where it said the bit about Anderson talking so much shit to anyone that would listen that got people not wanting to make it but that may or may not be bs.

Spoiler:

Thread Information