Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teddy Long/John Laurinaitis feud settled at Mania?

Feed me less. Way less.

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Teddy Long/John Laurinaitis feud settled at Mania?

Does anyone think they'll each form a team and the winner will become GM of both Raw and Smackdown? This would obviously take the place of a MITB match if it happened, but I hate the thought of a big 8-10 man tag. A battle royal would be much more fun to watch. I agree with scrapping the MITB match if the July ppv isn't going anywhere, but a big tag match is too much like the main event of a weekly show or Bragging Rights. Obviously Christian, Henry and Del Rio can be written in if this happens. I imagine Ziggler and The Miz would join the heel team. As for the faces, I would guess Orton would be thrown in now that Barrett's injured. Maybe Mysterio, Kofi, R-Truth and Santino would round out the participants. Big thumbs down for this idea. If anything, throw another 10 guys in and make a decent battle royal out of it. Thoughts on this as opposed to MITB making a return at Mania?

Credit: ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: Teddy Long/John Laurinaitis feud settled at Mania?

If the MITB PPV is being continued, I'd rather this as an event to be honest. Or what about a good old fashioned Laurinaitis' guy against T-Lo's guy?

Internet Favorite

Status

I rather see any kind of team/representative match than a 1v1 match with Long vs. Laurinaitis. So to be honest I will probably be happy as long it's not an actual match between the two GM's.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I think it would be a good idea. Like with McMahon and Trump, they each pick ONE man each to fight for them. If the do a multiman tag they are just taking away from Survivor Series where this kind of match should take place. What about some kind of tag team gauntlet match. Two guys start in the ring, one a guy is pinned another from his team comes down, until there is one man standing. It's a variation at least

Status

Wouldn't this have been the perfect concept to be at Bragging Rights?

Feed me less. Way less.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Andy View Post
    Wouldn't this have been the perfect concept to be at Bragging Rights?
    That's what I said, but apparently this AMAZING storyline can't be put off til then.

MADMIN KING

Status
      Country                    England

Sounds like a really good way to get 8 or so guys onto the Wrestlemania card, and if this week is anything to go by, they're really putting some effort into building the storyline. Also if you assume that the winner gets full control of both brands, as speculated, then I think this would be a perfect time to run such an angle what with the night after Wrestlemania being treated as the start of the new year so to speak.

As much as I'd love MITB to be a once a year thing at Wrestlemania and for the PPV to be scrapped, that seems unlikely, so this sounds like a really good mulitman match to me and I'm fully in favour of it happening. At any rate, it'll be better than The Corre vs Kofi, Santino, Kane and Big Show from last year.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

They should play the feud out from now until June so that if... BRAGGING RIGHTS comes back somehow then they can settle who's brand is the best. And as for becoming GM for both SD and Raw, I hate that idea, just let it be normal WWE.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    de=Germany

Here's the thing: Guys who deserve to be at Wrestlemania should be in a 1on1 match or in the tag team championship match. Guys who don't deserve to be there shouldn't even be on the card. This feud is so uninteresting that it certainly doesn't belong there. Additionally, no casual fan knows Lauranaitis and Long because they have either had too few exposure on a longer term (Lauranaitis) or they are on the irrelevant brand that noone watches (Long).

It would only be interesting if it's Bryan vs. Punk for a title unification match added in that feud. Punk fights for Long, Bryan fights for Lauranaitis. The problem with that again is that your champions would be viewed as stooges of the powers to be, so that is also stupid while it would be a great match.

Conclusion: Delete the storyline. Kill it off. And please fire the writers who started that crap.

On another note, a 4on4, 5on5 etc. is a crappy idea to elevate someone. Wrestlemania should be about "showing off" your best guys because for a lot of casual fans, this is the chance to hop on the WWE bandwagon. It should not about letting your stupidly built not-over under/midcarders fu.ck up the show by getting zero reactions like they usually do.

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States
    Bragging rights is off the lineup I believe.

Also this gives all those guys who don't quite fit anywhere else on the card a chance to collect a Mania payday.

Feed me less. Way less.

Status

Bragging Rights is scheduled in December the last time I looked. I think they're bringing back Fatal 4-Way in June. Ugh

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Quote Originally Posted by D-Pop View Post
    Here's the thing: Guys who deserve to be at Wrestlemania should be in a 1on1 match or in the tag team championship match. Guys who don't deserve to be there shouldn't even be on the card. This feud is so uninteresting that it certainly doesn't belong there. Additionally, no casual fan knows Lauranaitis and Long because they have either had too few exposure on a longer term (Lauranaitis) or they are on the irrelevant brand that noone watches (Long).

It would only be interesting if it's Bryan vs. Punk for a title unification match added in that feud. Punk fights for Long, Bryan fights for Lauranaitis. The problem with that again is that your champions would be viewed as stooges of the powers to be, so that is also stupid while it would be a great match.

Conclusion: Delete the storyline. Kill it off. And please fire the writers who started that crap.

On another note, a 4on4, 5on5 etc. is a crappy idea to elevate someone. Wrestlemania should be about "showing off" your best guys because for a lot of casual fans, this is the chance to hop on the WWE bandwagon. It should not about letting your stupidly built not-over under/midcarders fu.ck up the show by getting zero reactions like they usually do.
    Are you saying guys like Miz and Ziggler, who currently don't have a Wrestlemania match, or any angle at all atm, don't deserve to be on the Wrestlemania card? Sometimes its just a case of bad timing, and Miz and Zigg definitely deserve to be there, and if it has to be under the backdrop of Long vs Laurinitis, then so be it. I'd rather that than a hurried feud for a month tbf.

It really isn't a bad angle at all. Laurinitis letting the power go to his head after running RAW for months, and wanting more power just like any Tyrant through history. Teddy Long being notoriously weak and 'a nice guy', yeah I like the stroy. May as well be Germany on Austria.

Also, Smackdown is not an irrelevant brand at all. In fact, it's hugely popular here in the UK because it's shown at the reasonable 10pm rather than Raws 2am. They also have Randy Orton, the Royal Rumble winner Sheamus, the best in ring wrestler in Bryan and one of the most over wrestlers of the decade in Show.

This match wouldn't be for elevation, but it can't hurt anybody. Its a simple story feud the chance for some guys to have a great match on a big stage.

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2018 - 20/15/1 - 4th in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

MADMIN KING

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by D-Pop View Post

You not liking the storyline isn't something I can argue against, you're not feeling it, that's fine. Now let's move onto other things you posted.

Multiman matches are something the WWE does every year to ensure they can give the spotlight to as many guys as they can, at least this year we're getting a decent storyline to accompany it unlike last year's throwaway match with The Corre. It also opens up a bit of variety, because I'm not sure we're going to have a tag team titles match on the card, so I think something like this would be welcome to break up 4 hours of one on one matches.

Guys who don't deserve to there shouldn't be on the card? Who are you referring to here? If we're talking about guys like Mark Henry, Christian and Alberto Del Rio who appeared to side with John Lauranaitis at Extreme Rules, you're off your head, they were all World Champions in 2011 and they all deserve better than being on the pre-show battle royal.

No casual fan would know John Lauranaitis?, he's been an on screen character for the last 8 months, forget casual, you'd have to be living under a rock not to be aware of who he is by now.

Smackdown is an irrelevant brand?, you've just moaned that the WWE don't build their stars up enough, and yet it's this 'irrelevant' brand that has build up guys like Mark Henry, Christian and Daniel Bryan to be legit main eventers. If anything is irrelevant it's the concept of the brand split because superstars and general managers are just appearing on whatever show they want.

And even though you hate the storyline, you'd scrap Sheamus/Bryan and Jericho/Punk, two matches that the majority of fans are really excited to see, to run Bryan v Punk where, awesome match aside, the two most prestigious championships in the company would be second fiddle to the General managers feuding - great move

I'd be very interested to hear how you'd book Wrestlemania; you seem to have a lot of issues with what is currently put out there, so you must have some alternatives that you think are better.

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Christian, Del Rio and Henry are all coming off injury so maybe cant play a major part in a one on one feud and being part of a multi man match will reduce their chances of injury, maybe take on Orton, Mysterio and another which would decrease their chances of getting reinjured so soon but also get star power on the card(because face it Orton, Mysterio alone bring star power and I believe Orton was set to take on Barrett)We could also have MITB as I believe it isn't set for Ppv this year Miz, Truth, Kofi, Gabriel, Santino, Swagger, Ryder perhaps and Ziggler and that would be a great match up With Rock/Cena Taker/Trips Punk/Jericho and Bryan/Sheamus theres enough single matches with star power Thats six matches with maybe four long onesOnly Kane is off the card from the big hittersMaybe Show could take on Rhodes for the Ic titleAnd thinking about it is Ryder ready if not push him out push one of the trio on Big Johnnys team into MITB and Otunga and Jackson can be part of the teamsAdd the women's championship match and we have a eight match cardAnd some are going to be long ones

FUNKASAURUS

Status
      Country                    uk_scotland=Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Are you saying guys like Miz and Ziggler, who currently don't have a Wrestlemania match, or any angle at all atm, don't deserve to be on the Wrestlemania card? Sometimes its just a case of bad timing, and Miz and Zigg definitely deserve to be there, and if it has to be under the backdrop of Long vs Laurinitis, then so be it. I'd rather that than a hurried feud for a month tbf.

It really isn't a bad angle at all. Laurinitis letting the power go to his head after running RAW for months, and wanting more power just like any Tyrant through history. Teddy Long being notoriously weak and 'a nice guy', yeah I like the stroy. May as well be Germany on Austria.

Also, Smackdown is not an irrelevant brand at all. In fact, it's hugely popular here in the UK because it's shown at the reasonable 10pm rather than Raws 2am. They also have Randy Orton, the Royal Rumble winner Sheamus, the best in ring wrestler in Bryan and one of the most over wrestlers of the decade in Show.

This match wouldn't be for elevation, but it can't hurt anybody. Its a simple story feud the chance for some guys to have a great match on a big stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    You not liking the storyline isn't something I can argue against, you're not feeling it, that's fine. Now let's move onto other things you posted.

Multiman matches are something the WWE does every year to ensure they can give the spotlight to as many guys as they can, at least this year we're getting a decent storyline to accompany it unlike last year's throwaway match with The Corre. It also opens up a bit of variety, because I'm not sure we're going to have a tag team titles match on the card, so I think something like this would be welcome to break up 4 hours of one on one matches.

Guys who don't deserve to there shouldn't be on the card? Who are you referring to here? If we're talking about guys like Mark Henry, Christian and Alberto Del Rio who appeared to side with John Lauranaitis at Extreme Rules, you're off your head, they were all World Champions in 2011 and they all deserve better than being on the pre-show battle royal.

No casual fan would know John Lauranaitis?, he's been an on screen character for the last 8 months, forget casual, you'd have to be living under a rock not to be aware of who he is by now.

Smackdown is an irrelevant brand?, you've just moaned that the WWE don't build their stars up enough, and yet it's this 'irrelevant' brand that has build up guys like Mark Henry, Christian and Daniel Bryan to be legit main eventers. If anything is irrelevant it's the concept of the brand split because superstars and general managers are just appearing on whatever show they want.

And even though you hate the storyline, you'd scrap Sheamus/Bryan and Jericho/Punk, two matches that the majority of fans are really excited to see, to run Bryan v Punk where, awesome match aside, the two most prestigious championships in the company would be second fiddle to the General managers feuding - great move

I'd be very interested to hear how you'd book Wrestlemania; you seem to have a lot of issues with what is currently put out there, so you must have some alternatives that you think are better.
    These two posts pretty much cover everything.
    RAGGIE's BACK!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With the cold winds of the North came the fury of Ragnar

Indy Talent

Status

How about this: John and Teddy have a jump rope competition?

Underdog

Status

Did John **** up as many pronounciations back in the day as he does now? God bless him n all - Im down with his vibe, but Im unaware of a week where he hasnt said something akin to 'dub u e...dub dubblblb e world heavy ch...heavyweight champin...champion.' Maybe its the gravelly throat thing - too much concentration required on getting the volume right which removes from the syllable selection.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Lol D-Pop I'd post my reply as well but yeah Nash, Ed & Syco pretty much covered every single angle. There is just too much starpower left off to basically dismiss them so throwing them into a Mania match not only helps them out financially but well if the match is good we are entertained, if the match isn't great we don't care THAT much simply because it's a filler and we have 4 main matches to look forward too.

In summary it's a minor problem with a quick solution which works for all parties.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

Yes this match will only be on the card to entertain and to be funny, I could see Long going all kung-fu on Laurinaitis like he did with Bischoff if those two are scheduled on the card.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    de=Germany

To all those guys who wrote something against my post: Then put those guys (Ziggler, Miz, Henry, Christian, Kofi etc.) in the MITB match so that they have a REAL goal to aim for. What use does it have to put them in a stupid 4on4 match about "who will be the GM?", which doesn't make any difference at all.

I mean, are you craving to get your intelligence insulted, guys? In the end, we all know that Vince runs the show and it doesn't matter what stooge he sends out to do the pseudo GM role. I don't want to have my intelligence insulted with such a crap storyline anymore about the "powers to be", when we all know who is really in charge while the GM is just a suit without power. Just get rid of GMs because nobody needs crap like that which just wastes time that is needed much more to let your freaking talent get over. We already know who is face and who is heel. We don't need to be reminded every time because they ally themselves with either Long (faces) or Lauranaitis (heels). And that's basically the whole function of these dorks.

WWE needs to concentrate solely on building talent, which they take time away from by having those stupid Lauranaitis and Long backstage segments, especially the crap with the Aksanas and Otungas of this world. With Taker and Triple H already half-retired and Rey, Kane and Jericho on their last legs, every single minute is precious to elevate your talent because otherwise you as a company will feel on the buyrates of future PPVs because quite frankly noone cares/is invested enough to buy the PPV.

I am not talking about apocalypse of WWE here, but think about this: Who will buy a PPV with Daniel Bryan here? I'm sure half the people here streams it. Who in the blue hell buys a PPV for Mark Henry? Not really, right? As long as you can't say "yes" to a talent selling you a PPV, he is NOT over. I get it for Christian who was elevated over months by Orton and has a rich history, but those other two aren't nearly as over as you think they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information