Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Miz

Indy Talent

Status

The Miz

Start of 2011 was a huge year for the Miz. Guy headlines WrestleMania, wins, looks like he's going to be the promising heel WWE needs. Miz is good on the mic, is decent in the ring (doesn't really matter though) and has an okay look. The guy can get himself over, which he did for a good portion of last year.

What the hell happened to him? If I recall, the guy hasn't won a match in a long, LONG time. God knows how long it's been since he won a match CLEANLY. WWE put him in two of the biggest matches of the year (Cena vs Miz and the Survivor Series tag) but they seemingly have done nothing to keep him relevant. The Truth feud was a flop. Truth made Miz look like a bitch because he was ****ing scared of Truth. Scared of Truth? Really? REALLY?

For a good talent, and a guy that is constantly headlining PPV's, WWE doesn't seem to want to keep him relevant. It seems they are content on what his accolades are, instead of continuously building and hyping the guy. Announcers can only talk so much about how he headlined WM, Miz needs mic time (which he never gets, though guys like Truth and Daniel Bryan get more?) because that's where he EXCELS. Why not make him look good by running over a couple jobbers like Trent Baretta or Mason Ryan? At least keep him relevant if you're going to use him in WWE Title matches like TLC and Elimination Chamber.

Seems like WWE has nothing for the guy. Riley and Truth feuds bombed. Cena squashed him. Why not have him shipped off to SmackDown instead of having him flounder on RAW when the guy is one of the top mic workers in the company?

inb4 he botched and nearly killed Truth. That was recent as ****.

Simply The Greatest

Status
    Not looking too good at the moment. Guys always get lost in the shuffle, and then get pushed again out of nowhere. In less than a year, Sheamus goes from WWE Champion to not on Wrestlemania. Then less than a year later again, he wins the Rumble. Miz will get drafted to Smackdown and be a top guy there again.

Indy Talent

Status

Re: The Miz

It is a strange system WWE has going on. It's like they can't be consistent and keep multiple people looking good. If one guys getting pushed, EVERYBODY takes a backseat.

They need to bring back mid-card and upper-mid-card rivalries.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Er.... They do plenty of mid-card rivalries.

The Miz is a strange one. He really should be a solid main eventer now, but I can see him floundering for a while. I can see him being drafted to SD! with Barrett coming the other way. That would mean nothing but good for Miz. More exposure, the chance of being in some high profile matches, and perhaps a face turn.

The problem with Miz is that he just isn't good enough in the ring. His slump is entirely due to the fact he's been feuding with poor in-ring guys, so the payoffs are always weak. Riley is dross in the ring, and R-Truth isn't much better. Miz needs a little bit of carrying, and a feud with a guy like Ziggler could make them both. Problem = Both heels.

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2018 - 20/15/1 - 4th in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by AussieFan View Post
    It is a strange system WWE has going on. It's like they can't be consistent and keep multiple people looking good. If one guys getting pushed, EVERYBODY takes a backseat.
    Too many cooks in the kitchen. Or more accurately, too many voices in McMahon's ear.
    [save]

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Miz is like 2002 Chris Jericho all over again. A badly booked title run and he wasn't the focus of his own Wrestlemania main event and done nothing since then (a couple of weeks of the conspiracy storyline aside). He'll probably fluctuate between main event and midcard as needed for a long time.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Underdog

Status
      Country                    10=Lost

I agree that Miz' main problem is that he's pretty average in the ring, and doesn't have the appearance/build to make up for it. That always limits how big a feud can get, in my opinion. But it is true his booking has been extremely erratic, he was in no way made a credible threat this autumn in the Awesome Truth run, which I found it puzzling to a extreme. He always looked like a tool against Cena, looked like a tool against Punk, and now looks like a tool against Truth. Yet WWE still tries to get us to take him seriously.

It is strange since it's obvious that WWE has trust in him as he gets lots of PPV and TV appearances, but they don't seem to want to protect him or build him.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    us=United States

The Main Event has always been a revolving door. Miz had him time, and now it's just someone else's turn. His turn will come again. I'm not his biggest fan but there's just a lot going on right now. And we always see this come Wrestlemania time. It's nothing new, I think anyone a tiny bit worried is overreacting. Not to mention are we forgetting how well he was booked in the Royal Rumble?!?!?! He was practically right there with Cody for the biggest workhorse for that match.

People have mentioned a move to SD. I'm not so sure. A few more people would have to move around. I don't really want to see him feud against Big Show or Henry. Orton? I guess. Bryan is heel, they could do Sheamus. Maybe Rey or Christian when they return?

Status

He stopped improving is what happened. He had a few bright spots in 2011 (I really liked his Raw match with Mysterio over Summer for the vacant WWE Championship), but other than that he is just so average. His mic work has diminished as he's shown that he really only has one style that he's good at, and he can't just do that every week. WWE is full of some great talent right now, and he is just not on their level. I would take Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, Cena, Orton, Big Show, Henry, Rhodes, and maybe Del Rio over Miz. There are a few others that are debatable. He looked great at the end of 2010 when Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Barrett, Jericho and Edge were having painfully average main event programs every week. But 2012 WWE is certainly no 2010 WWE, and Miz didn't keep up with the curve.

Go read my TNA BTB.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Exponent View Post
    He stopped improving is what happened. He had a few bright spots in 2011 (I really liked his Raw match with Mysterio over Summer for the vacant WWE Championship), but other than that he is just so average. His mic work has diminished as he's shown that he really only has one style that he's good at, and he can't just do that every week. WWE is full of some great talent right now, and he is just not on their level. I would take Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, Cena, Orton, Big Show, Henry, Rhodes, and maybe Del Rio over Miz. There are a few others that are debatable. He looked great at the end of 2010 when Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Barrett, Jericho and Edge were having painfully average main event programs every week. But 2012 WWE is certainly no 2010 WWE, and Miz didn't keep up with the curve.
    To be fair though, the clear difference between then and now seems to be that Miz is directionless. Whether the sudden halt of his improvement is to blame, or whether the lack of direction has contributed to his stunted improvement, I don't know, but actors are infinitely more entertaining when there's a plot to follow - there's no plot here. The Miz is just standing around. Just because he can talk doesn't mean he should talk. They shouldn't give him a microphone until he has something to say.
    [save]

CM Punk Mark

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

The Miz has gotten boring and Stale. I remember his Promo last years were great and got a TON of Heat. I don't take him seriously anymore and no one in the crowds does either. It sucks but its true.

Internet Favorite

Status

Truth's suspension after Survivor Series really hurt him character wise. I wasn't too much into them but Awesome Truth seemed to be going in a solid direction and alot of fans seemed interested in what was going on with this whole "Conspiracy" thing but once Truth got suspended it was pretty much dropped and Miz turned on Truth. Maybe if they went a different direction instead of simply turning Miz on Truth, he would be doing much better than he is now. Same goes for Truth as well. But than again to me it seem that didn't have to much of an overall direction to it, but it was much more than whatever he is doing now.

Curtain Jerker

Status

The Miz was always a character that I loved to hate because of how obnoxious he was when he was on the mic. Now, I don't really care for him. He botched two spots in the 6 pack challenge last night. One that resulted in R-Truth getting hurt and unable to finish the match. The other was during a point where him and Jericho were battling and Jericho was bouncing of the ropes. The Miz fell when Jericho did not even do anything to him and had to get back up for a double cloth-lines. I never understood why the WWE picked him up in the first place.

Chikara Trainee

Status

I'm gonna try to be positive and hope that the Miz botch can be a blessing in disguise for the product as a whole. If Miz has to be punished, have him put over as many midcard guys as they can so they can get some credibility. A victory over the Miz would mean a lot for guys like Riley, DiBiase, Gabriel, Ryder, etc.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    To be fair though, the clear difference between then and now seems to be that Miz is directionless. Whether the sudden halt of his improvement is to blame, or whether the lack of direction has contributed to his stunted improvement, I don't know, but actors are infinitely more entertaining when there's a plot to follow - there's no plot here. The Miz is just standing around. Just because he can talk doesn't mean he should talk. They shouldn't give him a microphone until he has something to say.
    It's not like Miz has done nothing though. Right now he's stagnating, but he wasn't very interesting during the feud with Rock, he's not been interesting during the feuds with Truth and Morrison in late 2011, he wasn't interesting during the CM Punk feud. How much of that we can put down to poor writing (and I think all of those feuds had poor booking) is debatable but Miz just isn't doing it for me and he hasn't since he lost the WWE Title. He's never been that good in the ring (although with good booking and masking his weaknesses he can have good matches) and lately his promos have been inconsistent.

I think it's down to both Miz and the writers, personally. Miz hasn't been interesting since the conspiracy stuff with Awesome Truth, and even that was only good for a couple of weeks.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Shockmaster View Post
    I think it's down to both Miz and the writers, personally. Miz hasn't been interesting since the conspiracy stuff with Awesome Truth, and even that was only good for a couple of weeks.
    I feel like we're watching entirely different shows. Going into his TLC match with Alberto and Punk I thought his mic work was level with Punk's and Alberto Del Rio was the one dragging both of them down.
    [save]

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Rage View Post
    I'd like to think he won't be jobbed out just because he made a mistake. Obviously it's a big deal to fail to catch a guy as they are putting their safety in your hands, and I'm sure he will be punished for it in some way, but I don't think it will be a huge blow to his career, or at least I hope not. The guy just had a bad night. He usually seems one of the safer wrestlers and to my knowledge has not injured anybody else before. Things like this happen sometimes, and while he should be blamed for it, they shouldn't go overboard. Obviously all the haters come out of the woodwork when something like this happens to a guy.

I don't really think Miz is stale, they just haven't given him a particularly good angle for quite a while. People often seem to forget that not everybody can be involved in something big at any one time. They have a very talented roster and only a certain number of big angles at any one time. Former WWE Champion or not, from time to time you are going to have to take a backseat. This idea that when somebody gets pushed to the main event they should stay there forever just isn't practical. I'm sure Miz will get another push in due course.
    Tommy hits the nail on the head here.

Yeah, he screwed up, and Truth got hurt but thankfully not seriously hurt. I agree that he was most likely just having an off night which happens to even the best, and I also don't think it will be a really big blow to his career.

People say he's stale, but he hasn't been doing much of anything since the split of Awesome Truth. If given the right angle, then I'm fairly certain that Miz will no doubt pull it off right. Again, I highly doubt it will be a big blow to his career, and there's a good possibility of him getting a chance again. Maybe once the draft comes around move him over to Smackdown, a change of scenerey might help him out, who knows.

All I know is that if he was able to put up with the stuff he went through at the start of career, then I'm sure he'll get out of this just fine.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Indy Talent

Status

A talented roster shouldn't result in a guy they worked on for 5-6 months and pushed him to be one of the top heels of the company being shafted.

WWE struggle to keep things going. They almost de-pushed CM Punk in place for Del Rio, then realized they ****ed up and re-pushed him, thus giving up on the Del Rio push altogether.

If they let him go over a few jobbers, cut a few promos every couple weeks the guy will stay relevant. I can't remember a time when he won a match, and I can't remember the last promo he cut. The last serious 1 on 1 feud the guy had was with Cena, that was almost a year ago. He's in the Elimination Chamber because of what he's accomplished (headlined WM etc.) not because he's a threat.

On Vacation

Status

They need a face Miz to face Daniel Bryan. That would be a great rivalry and they already had the foundation for it.
    Plus Bryan could carry Miz and make him look great in the ring. I also think their promos could be amazing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information