Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Undertaker vs Triple H (Potential WM28 Match)

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Undertaker vs Triple H (Potential WM28 Match)

I am in favor of this match just because the match last year was incredible. I do believe a few elements need to be brought to the table. Is this going to resemble the WM26 Match between Taker & HBK? Will it be a career vs streak match again? Undertaker may retire after this Wrestlemania so will the streak be broken? Is Trips the man to end the streak?

I dont think HHH should be the guy to end the streak. Its something that Undertaker is known for and is probably the only good thing left going for WWE. When Wrestlemania comes around every year I order it regardless of the matches because I know I will see Undertaker further the streak. Breaking that streak will just end anything good left in WWE.

Should Trips retire? I believe with his backstage involvement he should because the matches Trips gives are great but the guy has done it all and not much is left to do for him. He needs to have that time for his kids like Shawn did, which would be the right move.

If the match at Mania is going to be Triple H vs Undertaker I think it needs to be a Career vs Career match with HBK as Special Guest Ref. That way the fans have a great match to watch again this year and its a worth watch. Maybe even make it a Hell in a Cell.

Those are my 2 cents.

Dat Boi

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Undertaker vs Triple H (Potential WM28 Match)

NO. NO. NO. NO! Why are they doing this again? Last year's match was....eh. This is going to suck SO HARD. It's ****ing unoriginal and shows an astronomical lack of effort.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Dat Boi

Status

I don't hate Triple H. Except when he's trying to be funny. I think he can still pull out some good matches. But I just don't like the idea of doing this match again. There's SO many different things they could be doing with either of them. Drew McIntyre could snap and call out Undertaker, just beating the hell out of everyone he was put in the ring with until Undertaker recognized him. Triple H could take on some representative of John Laurianitis for the position of the man in charge of Raw. They could do SO much more that would benefit people long-term, but they're just trotting out a rematch that has no chance of being as good as the previous two.

Underdog

Status

I'm okay with this match again. I'm not a huge fan of either wrestler but there's no denying they put on a really good match last year. It'll have a big feel to it and I'm sure these two can pull out one last classic match. I wasn't the biggest fan of there match last year but I definately enjoyed it and saw it as a positive addition to the show. I'm sure it will be again this year.

Curtain Jerker

Status

I like both men, and the storyline will write itself... which I think is the problem, it's too easy to predict. Obviously Taker will win no matter the stipulation, and probably won't wrestle again til next years Wrestlemania if at all. I don't think this match is the way to go, I'd much prefer Taker take on a younger guy making a name for himself, a guy like Wade Barrett/Cody Rhodes that sorta thing. Obviously they won't win but Taker would give them a good rub ala Randy Orton. Triple H could have many other storylines that could lead to Mania match, not that he needs one imo.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

HHH is the best opponent for Taker at the moment. Everyone else is tied up in feuds so it makes sense. They know they have already had 2 great bouts so I am sure they will go out their way to make this the best.

I just hope the writers don't pretend this is their 2nd match.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

I think this is completely the wrong match for this Mania.

For the first time since Rock vs Hogan, nobody is focussing on the Taker match. The whole of WM28 is Cena vs Rock. If there was ever a chance to put over a young guy in a Taker match it is now, because the streak is just not as important this time around.

Have Dolph or Barrett have him. First choice is Barrett. Now Punks turned face, there is absolutely no need for HHH to even be wrestling anymore. Just another case of 'cementing his legacy'. I love Triple H, always have, but please. Just run the company, that's a big enough job anyway.

The day he cuts off the ponytail is the day I believe he's retired from in-ring competition

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2018 - 20/15/1 - 4th in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

I'm not a very big fan of Triple H. I see him as a below-average worker, and a potential rematch after last year's disappointment wouldn't appeal very well to me. I'd much prefer a rising star to fight Taker, someone like Shea-nowait, he won the Rumble, nevermind. Someone like... Wade Barret of Dolph Ziggler. The next stars of the company who could use a rub from Taker to put under their belt. Sure, they mightn't win it but they could brag about taking Taker to his limit like no-one else.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

BTB Legend

Status

To the 'WWE Universe', to the masses, Undertaker/Triple H is the biggest match they can do for Undertaker. Sure, with a very strong storyline, you could do something like Undertaker/Barrett, as was the original plan for last year, but when you're trying to market an Undertaker match to the Wrestlemania audience, which includes those fans whose sole WWE PPV purchase of the year is Wrestlemania, Undertaker/Triple H (apparently with Shawn as guest referee, which is a great storyline when you think about it) is far bigger than anything else they can put on. And if it really does end up going as far as Streak vs. Career, with Undertaker lucky to do just one match per year in his condition, I'm wouldn't turn down what might be the last chance to run what would be a huge match for my mass audience. If Undertaker was in good enough shape that I was confident he'd be back next year, maybe I'd go with someone else and save Undertaker/Triple H for next time, but the fact he's stayed away since last year is a good indication of his physical condition, enough of one that I'm going to make the biggest match I can for him while he can still do it. If Undertaker can come back for a match next year, sure, give a guy the rub of being in Undertaker's last ever match, but if this really is the last dance for Undertaker, it's the biggest match they could give him on the biggest stage of them all and is probably the biggest sendoff they could give him.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    in=India

First of all, HHH is one of my all-time favourites.

Now, onto the topic, I think the match being booked for this mania sucks really. Also, they might include the Career of HHH there, but seriously who wants to see HHH retire? To me, he is already retired lol. The problem is this is the complete wrong year. If HHH wanted to retire, he should had done it last year, now after that match, the whole year he is roaming around in suits with a ponytail, and they believe people will be interested to see HHH "retire"? That too at the expense of ruining another Taker mania match?

Well, if you want him to retire, Punk would have been the best bet with their storyline around Summer being continued and HHH not being showed in a suit and ponytail in 3 months before mania. Or maybe do a typical mentor vs disciple feud with Orton or something and give him a grand goodbye.

Dat Boi

Status

WWE Creative: But no one will buy any of those scrubs being able to retire Triple H! He's the greatest wrestler who ever lived ever! It could only be the Undertaker!

I hate when someone's last match is against another old guy, because it does nothing, and I mean NOTHING, for the business.

People's Champion

Status

They should put it in a cage match and call it "Age in a Cage!"

yes i stole that from that fan at a WCW event where Flair was facing Hogan in a cage.

I think if its Takers last match at Wm , then fine. But at the same time if this is after both World title matches, then it shows WWEs lack of faith in their World title scene. I'm not expecting much out of it as Taker is worn out.

I have zero interest in this match as i find Taker and HHH kinda past due plus Taker is a walking liability. I hope he gets through it without injury.

And i agree with Crippler(oddly enough) that having some old guy face another old guy does nothing long term. Key word: OLD
    Proud Member of the PC Master Race.

Heel Champion

Status

I actually want this match to happen. YES WrestleMania 27 was incredible, this year it will be Immortal.

I hope we see this:

Career and Streak vs. Career with NO Disqualification rules
    Undertaker vs. Triple H

This match will be second to John Cena vs. Triple H at the end of the night however this event will probably be the best in w while. Can't wait for WrestleMania 28.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by EgoFantastico View Post
    To the 'WWE Universe', to the masses, Undertaker/Triple H is the biggest match they can do for Undertaker. Sure, with a very strong storyline, you could do something like Undertaker/Barrett, as was the original plan for last year, but when you're trying to market an Undertaker match to the Wrestlemania audience, which includes those fans whose sole WWE PPV purchase of the year is Wrestlemania, Undertaker/Triple H (apparently with Shawn as guest referee, which is a great storyline when you think about it) is far bigger than anything else they can put on.
    I personally disagree for several reasons

1) As someone already stated Cena vs Rock is supposed to be the Wrestlemania 28's main focus. That is being used to draw in fans. Therefore because they have instant tickets with Rock and Cena they should save the ending of HHH or Undertaker's career for another year when they don't have that.

2) HHH vs Undertaker has already been seen last year and has been done before that. There isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference if HHH is only going in to lose again. The only way to make the match bigger is if HHH wins, and if he does then its just wasting the opportunity.

Now I don't think the Undertaker's streak should be beaten at all, but if it is going to fall eventually then it should be to someone who will benefit from winning over him. The streak is the chance to do something massive for an up and comer in other words it shouldn't just go to HHH when he's old and due to retire soon and it would be pointless for anything other than giving him another achievement.

3) Having that match again this year doesn't benefit anyone at all in the long run and that really bothers me. If HHH is retiring then it should have been done after Mania last year after that match ended. This years match or if Undertaker gets beaten and retires should be with a challenger that will go places after facing/defeating him. HHH isn't headed anywhere in beating him that he wouldn't still get to even if the match didn't happen at all. Therefore he doesn't need it and shouldn't have it.
    Last edited by Lisette; 02-03-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Dat Boi

Status

I like the way you think, girly. Everything I was about to say, except for the part about the Streak. Not only do I think it SHOULD be broken, I think it NEEDS to be. Because if Undertaker goes undefeated at WrestleMania.....what a waste. That's a win that could make somebody for life. He'd be so over (especially as a heel) he could go into a coma for three years after the match, wake up and demand a title shot, and no one could question his legitimacy. He beat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania when a litany of WWE champions and hall-of-famers couldn't.

Tommy Got Hacked

People's Champion

Status

The thing is i agree Takers streak should be beaten. I would of loved if Ted Debiase broke it . The angle could be how his father brought taker in to WWE and his son is going to take him out.

What does Taker or WWE lose if he puts someone over at Mania? nothing.

What do they gain.. a potential main eventer if done properly by their booking. And it has to be a clean win.

Also Am I the only one bored to tears with Taker and his Streak? I mean everyone is pretty much 99% sure he wins.
    Proud Member of the PC Master Race.

BTB Legend

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lisette View Post
    I personally disagree for several reasons

1) As someone already stated Cena vs Rock is supposed to be the Wrestlemania 28's main focus. That is being used to draw in fans. Therefore because they have instant tickets with Rock and Cena they should save the ending of HHH or Undertaker's career for another year when they don't have that.
    I'm glad you made sure to let us know it was you personally disagreeing; for a moment, I thought you were speaking for someone else.

As someone, me, already stated, we don't even know that Undertaker has a match in him beyond this one. The man was at home for almost a year. They didn't even have him show up for a special occasion and do something spooky or a chokeslam/tombstone angle. The man is very obviously in bad shape, physically, he needs a hip replacement for one thing, and has been on borrowed time for a while. You can't 'save' any match for the man when the next one could be his last. The only match bigger to casuals they could do, outside of this one with Triple where it'll probably be Career vs. Streak, is with John Cena because it's the one match that every fan can readily believe he might lose because it's John Cena. And Cena's busy that night so that leaves us with Triple H. Again, not necessarily a match I would welcome, but to the WWE mindset it is, especially with the bells and whistles they'll add.

2) HHH vs Undertaker has already been seen last year and has been done before that. There isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference if HHH is only going in to lose again. The only way to make the match bigger is if HHH wins, and if he does then its just wasting the opportunity.

Now I don't think the Undertaker's streak should be beaten at all, but if it is going to fall eventually then it should be to someone who will benefit from winning over him. The streak is the chance to do something massive for an up and comer in other words it shouldn't just go to HHH when he's old and due to retire soon and it would be pointless for anything other than giving him another achievement.
    The first match was ten years ago, which is a lifetime in wrestling and a lot of the fans who saw that one have probably checked out as far as being serious viewers. Not only that, it was quietly ignored in the build up their match last year, so that they wrestled ten years ago means little if anything in the big picture. I'm sure some people complained about them doing Undertaker/Shawn II (especially when they'd wrestled the year before and it had been before that in quite the memorable match) with the same line; "they did that match last year and it isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference if Shawn loses again". Well, they did do the match again, Shawn did lose again, and the match was very good, quite memorable, and led to a great moment on Raw. I'm sure Vince wakes up at night screaming at what he did and wished he'd listened to those who thought it was wrong to do the match.

3) Having that match again this year doesn't benefit anyone at all in the long run and that really bothers me. If HHH is retiring then it should have been done after Mania last year after that match ended. This years match or if Undertaker gets beaten and retires should be with a challenger that will go places after facing/defeating him. HHH isn't headed anywhere in beating him that he wouldn't still get to even if the match didn't happen at all. Therefore he doesn't need it and shouldn't have it.
    Yes, it doesn't benefit anyone in the long run but neither did Undertaker retiring Shawn instead of the hot new heel who needed the boost, and I don't think anyone complained too loudly, at least not after the fact. Triple H retiring last year wasn't going to happen in that manner, simply because when he does intend to officially retire, they're going to make a big deal about it beforehand, as they should, and build towards it. Not that anybody is claiming that Triple H is going to win or should win and I'd wager my last gold doubloon that he isn't going to and I think anyone with two brain cells to rub together and create a thought would realize that.

Tommy Got Hacked

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information