Thread: If you could change one event from 2011....

GMT Baby

Status

If you could change one event from 2011....

So if you got the chance to change one thing that happened in wwe in 2011 what would it be? For me it would be mark henry still being the WHC, I know he is injured but he could have just done mic work and the occassional worlds strongest slam, that way to have sheamus beat him at mania would have been awesoe.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    de=Germany

Re: If you could change one event from 2011....

That one is easy: When they fired JR...again, I would have fired Michael Cole

Underdog

Status
      Country                    10=Lost

CM Punk returning so soon after MITB. It just deflated the whole "shoot" angle, and given what they fed him afterwards they could have given him an extra month off and make his return a much more momentous occasion and with stronger booking (like what he has enjoyed with Ace/Ziggler). It spoilt one of the greatest storylines of the year to me.

Ok, getting that one out of the way, I'll also go and change Christian losing the belt at Summerslam. I know I'm partial here since I'm a huge peep, but I would have loved if they did what they are doing with Bryan now: a cowardly heel that manages to retain no matter what and still goes around prancing with the belt like he's the new Hulk Hogan. Captain Charisma would have aced that gimmick.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I wanted to say Punk returning so soon. Blew their load way too quickly, did about six months worth of storylines in a matter of weeks between MITB and a week after Summerslam. But then, that all let into one thing that I wish they never did:

All the power struggles/HHH as COO storylines. Which led to some of the most mind-numbingly bad television of 2011: the walkout angle which led to one of the worst Raws of all time the next week. Every episode of Raw was back around HHH: a 20 minute HHH promo at the beginning of every show. Horrible, and it basically stopped the momentum they did have from the Punk MITB angle.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

MADMIN KING

Status
      Country                    England

Shooting their load on Punk would be my #1, but a couple of others that spring to mind.

Wrestlemania 27 - Shorten the Michael Cole/Jerry Lawler match to find room for Sheamus v Daniel Bryan, one of the matches people were looking forward to despite zero build. I'm not saying Cole v Lawler shouldn't be on the show, just that it shouldn't have lasted as long as it did.

Night Of Champions - John Cena does not defeat Alberto Del Rio for the WWE Championship, the extra title really didn't do much for Cena, and certainly didn't help Del Rio become a credible main eventer. Short reigns like Christian losing the title to Orton in less than a week can work well, it set up the feud of the year and developed Christian's character, this didn't do anything for Del Rio.

Sell the Walk Out - I think they should of run just one episode of Raw where by Triple H had to find away of filling 2 hours worth of programming with the 5 or 6 guys that didn't walk out on the company. The next week they could of fired Triple H and got everyone back on the show, but they killed the angle for me by not exploring it enough.
    Last edited by Ed; 01-31-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Dat Boi

Status
      Country                    United States

The Daniel Bryan losing streak. It was awful, there was no purpose to it, and then people wonder why Daniel got little reaction in his first two weeks as champ.

Merry Christmas

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

The walkout made no sense. With triple H stepping down as COO but still being the COO was beyond badly done.

Inserting Nash into the Punk feud just to set up his feud with Trips was not needed. HHH and NASH kind f stomped all over Punks work over the summer.

The Survivor Series main event was pointless. Great to see Rock back but just using Miz and Truth to see who was better was pointless and could have been done on Raw. They should have given Rock an actual match at Survivor Series. Maybe against Miz since they went back and forth before Mania it would have made sense. Miz could have been annoyed Rock stole his limelight at Mania and challenged him to a match.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

Rebook SummerSlam 2011

1. The Miz vs. Rey Mystrio
    2. R-Truth vs. John Morrison
    3. Kelly Kelly (c) defends her Women's Championship against Melina (last match in the WWE; in her hometown)
    4. Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett
    5. Sheamus vs. Mark Henry
    6. Christian (c) defends his World Heavyweight Championship against Randy Orton in a No Holds Barred Match
    7. CM Punk (c) vs.. John Cena (c) with both WWE titles on the line to unify both to become the Undisputed WWE Champion.
    8. Alberto Del Rio cashes in his Money in the Bank contract on the winnner of the previous match.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Chikara Trainee

Status

I would have had Miz & Riley's break up play out differently.

- Alex Riley loses the cage match to John Cena and Miz is forced to fire him.

- At WM 28, Randy Orton goes up against CM Punk. Riley (wearing a black and yellow suit and tie) makes his return by hitting Orton with the briefcase and helping Punk win. Punk pulls a Nexus armband from the briefcase and puts it on Riley's arm

- Riley joins the New Nexus, and stays at Punk's side going into MiTB.

- After Punk walks out of the company, Miz attacks Riley, angered by Riley's abandonment, attacking him and yelling "Where's your fearless leader now?"

- Riley & Miz face off for the interim WWE Championship, leading to one of these scenarios.

a. ) Miz wins the Interim Championship. CM Punk returns.
    b. ) Riley wins the Interim Championshp. Cena, out of a misguided attempt to help Riley get over, challenges him to a match the same night and wins to a mixed reaction, which segways into Cena finally acknowledging the boos.
    c. ) Riley wins the Interim Championship. CM Punk returns. Riley's dreams are crushed as his reign is stricken from the record.

- Miz starts heckling Riley for being so close, yet so far away. The Miz/Riley feud continues with Miz ultimately going over due to an assist from R-Truth, leading to the Awesome Truth pairing
    Last edited by Platinumdust; 02-04-2012 at 05:02 AM.

Chikara Trainee

Status

They could have changed a lot of things. The main thing I'll go with is the CM Punk return after he left the company. It was way to early to have him come back so quickly, it basically dsirupted the entire storyline. I'm not saying the storyline didn't work, it did, it was one of the greatest in a long time, but they could have expanded it a lot longer. They could have had the fans wondering whether Punk did actually leave the company and if he will come back. They could have also pushed the immediate WWE Championship tournament out a lot more. Maybe over 4 weeks so it ended at Summerslam. This would have made the Del Rio cash in delayed, but that's not the end of the world. Once it would have ended at Summerslam, you'd have Punk come out and stare down with Cena just like they did on Raw when Punk returned.

I believe if this had have happened, it would have made the storyline so much more compelling and innovative. Especially the return of CM Punk, his character would have worked a lot more, and the fact that the tournament for the new WWE Championship would have gone for longer would have made it more intense having two champions.

Overall, the storyline of Punk's departure/return could have been a lot better, but it is still classed as one of the greatest in the past 10 years.

Dat Boi

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Platinumdust View Post
    I would have had Miz & Riley's break up play out differently.

- Alex Riley loses the cage match to John Cena and Miz is forced to fire him.

- At WM 28, Randy Orton goes up against CM Punk. Riley (wearing a black and yellow suit and tie) makes his return by hitting Orton with the briefcase and helping Punk win. Punk pulls a Nexus armband from the briefcase and puts it on Riley's arm

- Riley joins the New Nexus, and stays at Punk's side going into MiTB.

- After Punk walks out of the company, Miz attacks Riley, angered by Riley's abandonment, attacking him and yelling "Where's your fearless leader now?"

- Riley & Miz face off for the interim WWE Championship, leading to one of these scenarios.

a. ) Miz wins the Interim Championship. CM Punk returns.
    b. ) Riley wins the Interim Championshp. Cena, out of a misguided attempt to help Riley get over, challenges him to a match the same night and wins to a mixed reaction, which segways into Cena finally acknowledging the boos.
    c. ) Riley wins the Interim Championship. CM Punk returns. Riley's dreams are crushed as his reign is stricken from the record.

- Miz starts heckling Riley for being so close, yet so far away. The Miz/Riley feud continues with Miz ultimately going over due to an assist from R-Truth, leading to the Awesome Truth pairing
    And no bisexual overtones? That's a first.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    in=India

The ending of WM 27 first of all, damn lord how can the climax of the biggest event of the year be the most boring and cliched **** you can ever see?

also Daniel Bryan cashing in on Henry, the heel turn might be looking a good payoff to people but they could have made him a 10 times more awesome main eventer as a face if the storyline of his losing streak was done right

Thread Information