Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788
Results 1,741 to 1,751 of 1751

Thread: Currently Watching - Redux

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: Currently Watching - Redux

I wish I could watch that again for the first time. Second only to the Wire in my favourite shows ever

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

DD Touches my privates

Status
      Country                    Iraq

Frozen 2 with the kids.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Strongly recommend the new Stephen Graham film Boiling Point. Imagine something like Uncut Gems set in a restaurant, shot in one continuous take without hidden cuts (so they claim, but I’m sceptical). Really intense, terrific acting across the main cast including the ones I’m not as familiar with as Graham. It’s not unpredictable, there’s hints of what’s to come scattered throughout and some of them I picked up instantly and others I realised what they meant by the end, but certainly a well told story and I couldn’t turn away the entire time.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Watched Season 3 of After Life over the weekend. Amazing season, brought me to tears in that final episode. If it is the conclusion to the series, which I think it probably is, then what a perfect ending.

One of the best TV shows ever made.

[be more kind]

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Watched Season 3 of After Life over the weekend. Amazing season, brought me to tears in that final episode. If it is the conclusion to the series, which I think it probably is, then what a perfect ending.

One of the best TV shows ever made.

Aiming to start it shortly, really enjoyed the first two seasons

Sent from my Nokia 2.3 using Tapatalk

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

I was underwhelmed by Afterlife S3. Outside of Tim Key's great turn as the obnoxious teacher Kath dates, and Ratty and the Nonce firing penalties past children at the fair, I thought this this was really short on laughs as comedies go. I think my criticisms of the previous series was that it's Gervais at his most self-indulgent because there's no BBC restrictions so most of the comedy is supposed to come from him yelling cunt at people that annoy him or vulgar descriptions of what Brian's ex-wife or Roxy have been up to, and most of that just falls flat with me.

As before, the strength of the show comes with the drama side of things and how it tackles grief and without spoiling the ending, the scenes with the children in the hospital did make me cry and I enjoyed Tony's last arc in the show. But even then, it felt like some things were dragged out or going over the same old ground because there wasn't the material here for 6 more episodes. It felt like Brian had six different scenes in the show that just revolved around the same theme that he was a loser. Also they put a lot of time into James' story ep 1-5 and then barely do anything with him in the last episode.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

[be more kind]

Status

Anyone watched Arcane: League of Legends on Netflix? I have no clue how close it is to the game, but the show is legit great. Gave it a go after strong reviews, 3 episodes left and every single one so far has been brilliant. Love the animation style too.

Sent from my Nokia 2.3 using Tapatalk

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Wrapped up Season 4 of Sopranos today and I think that's the weakest season so far. A lot of my favourite characters didn't do much in the season (Paulie, Junior, Dr Melfi), some of the newer characters weren't too engaging (Carmine), and a lot of the stories take a long time to get going. Carmella's arc with her reaching a breaking point with Tony made for a good season finale, but the episodes leading up to it where she lusted after Furio and vice versa were such a slog to get through. Oh and that Columbus Day episode, what the fuck was that about, really out of place to the rest of the season.

On a positive note what I did like about the season was the relationship of Christopher and Adriana and the issues they faced in the season, Bobby becoming a bigger character and how Janice wormed her way into his life, and Ralph was fantastic throughout, particularly in the episode where he meets his demise. It's amazing that of everything Ralph did, it was killing Tony's horse that was the final straw for him, but Tony does love animals. I even like AJ now and thought him doing the Seance for Bobby's kids was funny.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

Old but Still cool

Status
      Country                    Canada

2 and half men

Good robot Us's

Status

i havent been able to watch network tv since about 2013 or so. its been online streaming sites and youtube and just recently i got access to dishnetwork. i went on youtube to see cooking tuts and such and after awhile i was recommended "bar rescue" and despite my distaste to alcohol lite or otherwise this one has been one of my top shows ive seen. i love this show.

"groan" one thing i dont miss about network tv is the commercials. my gosh, i cant take these long ones. while on the subject of network tv. omg. my gosh how times have changed. 5 episodes back to back on these channels? holy shoot...mtv what happened to you? ridiculousness on for more then half the day about 6 to 8 hours? my gosh, is cmt the only channel that plays music videos anymore? im not complaining about back to backs since george lopez is on multiple times.

finally able to watch a basketball game thats not 240p or load times...while watching the womans ncaa tournament bracket live show oh m g...how many schools have slow online connections when the teams were announced? this was live tv and there some pixialted live reactions of schools being announced to the ncaa tournament xD. arizona was my team going in, along with msu denver roadrunners.

my first game i watched in full was one with iowa and another team holy shoot there were back to back threes and it was an intense game before the tournament started. if iowa does keep most of their players i wont be surprised i root for them next year.

im getting off subject. bar rescue is my jam right now. i dont get excited if lisa marie joyce isn't featured during the show. and ive read rumors thats shes leaving the show or wont be apart of it for the foreseeable future. regardless of her absence itll be hard for me to be disappointed with this show. this show gave me insight when i got a few bad orders either a drink or food got me the bubble guts when ordering out.

its been nice watching full shows and not have to worry aboot loadtimes 240p or just highlight clips for a particular show. master forgers, george lopez, espn highlights.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    United States

Lately I've been watching old season's of Hell's Kitchen having it on in the backround while I do my housework while the girls are at school. Don't really watch a lot of newer stuff since I work a lot and the girls mostly control the TV when they are home lol.

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788

Thread Information