Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347482838485 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1685

Thread: Currently Watching - Redux

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Currently Watching - Redux

Finished The Witcher a few days ago. It started slowly but I got into it the further the season went along. Looking forward to seeing what S2 has in store.

Cracking on with S3 of Game of Thrones (very late to the party I know). I put off starting GoT for ages until the missus kept badgering me to watch it. I’m glad she did, it’s the best TV show I’ve seen in a long time.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Gilo View Post
    Finished The Witcher a few days ago. It started slowly but I got into it the further the season went along. Looking forward to seeing what S2 has in store.

Cracking on with S3 of Game of Thrones (very late to the party I know). I put off starting GoT for ages until the missus kept badgering me to watch it. I’m glad she did, it’s the best TV show I’ve seen in a long time.
    GOT was amazing, easily one of the best shows I've watched, even with the questionable ending. Have you managed to stay unspoiled, or are you watching with a decent knowledge of what happens?

Backyarder

Status

I knew virtually nothing going into it. I’ve never read any of the books and I didn’t really become aware it existed until a few years ago when it seemed to become ingrained in modern pop culture. The only thing I’d say I was aware of was the characters’ high mortality rate!

I find that during some scenes, there’s a voice in my head saying ‘this is next level stuff I’m watching’. There’s very few programs I’ve watched that elicit that feeling. Needless to say I’m really enjoying it.

[Run]

Status

Simpsons season 3 in the bag. Overall, felt it was weaker than the last. Still good, but they clearly settled in at this point and became more comfortable, safe even. Too many episodes felt similar to ones from S2. Some also felt a bit pointless in the long run (The Otto Show for instance). Mr. Burns is still doing an awesome job as the 6th Simpson though.

You can also see the beginning of them dumbing Homer down to what he is now. He was a bit of an oaf in S2 but here the clear progression to dumb is taking place.

Good news however is looking over the episodes for S4, that may be a contender for it's best season ever, so at least things should tick back up. Anyway, 5 personal favourites from this season (in no order)

Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk
    Radio Bart (boy has the humour in this one become more on point as time has gone on)
    Homer At The Bat
    Like Father, Like Clown (Is this one of the best popular shows ever at handling religion? The shows high point in handling the topic comes next season)
    Bart The Lover (The random Edna cameos prior to this episode make this one so much more poignant)

It should be noted that as I went to Wikipedia to get episode titles, I discovered the first episode of this season was the Michael Jackson episode, which Disney+ has not made available (the only episode to recieve this treatment). For what it's worth, that is actually a great episode, and may have cracked my top 5.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Homer at the bat would be in my top 3 episodes ever. I absolutely love that episode.

Only Last Exit to Springfield and The Mysterious Voyage of Homer would be the only ones I could see myself putting over it.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

[Run]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Homer at the bat would be in my top 3 episodes ever. I absolutely love that episode.

Only Last Exit to Springfield and The Mysterious Voyage of Homer would be the only ones I could see myself putting over it.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk
    It's easily got the best end credits from the show.

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

I love Flaming Moe’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

[Run]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Markstrom View Post
    I love Flaming Moe’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just outside the top 5 for me.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X104F using Tapatalk

Don’t make me Chang this

Status
      Country                    UK

I love the Homer at the Bat episode. Agreed on it having the best ending credits.

RIC FLAIR AND THE NEW HORSEMEN: THE NATURE BOY'S LAST RIDE
    NOW PLAYING IN THE BTB SECTION

WC's Favourite Video Games of the 2010's - The Countdown | The Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke Challenge

I won some BTB awards a while ago...

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Before I went to watch the Yankees last year, Homer and the Bat was my only previous exposure to baseball. Too many sideburns if you ask me on players these days.

This is my highlight of season 3:

don't you realise this is costing me money?

All About That Ace

Status

Finished Solar Opposites yesterday night and I ultimately enjoyed it quite a bit. It doesnt have the quirks that made me fall in love with R&M (existential dread, meta af, analysis of story structure) but it did its own things and was pretty fun. Its a lot more wholesome and the show doesnt beat itself over the fact that its characters are dicks (nor does it reward them for it). There's also a fun sideplot thats basically the creators inserting in a blockbuster movie in the middle of this TV show that was pretty entertaining on its own.

Looking forward to season 2. Watching R&M S4 at the same time as Solar Opposites helped show how they differ quite a bit in spite of both being sci fi adult animations about dysfunctional families.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

I watched only the first episode of Solor Opposites was not impressed seem to be not funny humor

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges

All About That Ace

Status

Yeah I wouldnt bother with Solar Opposites if you're going in for the humor (much like I wouldnt recommend R&M or BoJack Horseman or Tuca & Bertie for their humor either). I know they're technically "sitcom" but the comedy aspect is kinda besides the point in most of those shows. I'd say go in it for the sci fi/characters/story and if thats not for you & you dont like those parts then give it a pass.

But if you're in it mainly for humor, I'd say give it a pass straight up (though im sure theres some who probably just watch those shows for humor and enjoy it, which good for them).

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Binge watched The Last Dance over the past few nights.

Having never been into Basketball it was really cool getting to see just what made Jordan and the 90's Bulls so special. Ridiculous that Mike's getting some flack online from people for his 'bullying' and such though. Most people just dont have any understanding of what it takes and means to truly be Elite at something, especially something competitive like Pro Sports. Without that Ego and drive he wouldn't be the GOAT.

Made me want to start watching Basketball as well.

I actually never knew Jordan's father was murdered either.

All About That Ace

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Binge watched The Last Dance over the past few nights.

Having never been into Basketball it was really cool getting to see just what made Jordan and the 90's Bulls so special. Ridiculous that Mike's getting some flack online from people for his 'bullying' and such though. Most people just dont have any understanding of what it takes and means to truly be Elite at something, especially something competitive like Pro Sports. Without that Ego and drive he wouldn't be the GOAT.

Made me want to start watching Basketball as well.

I actually never knew Jordan's father was murdered either.
    I mean sure but there's plenty of great players with championships to their names that aren't dick. I dont blame Jordan for how he behaved but Im not sure Id argue that that's what it takes to be Elite at something. Obviously, by most he's regarded as the GOAT but guys like Duncan have racked up titles and guys like LBJ has racked up better stats without garnering a public reputation for being shitty teammates the way Kobe & MJ did.

But yeah The Last Dance is top notch and I cant wait for NBA basketball to return.

Talks seem to be that NBA will go straight to playoffs. I've seen rumors of a 16 non-conference seeding and I've seen a 4 group 20 team first round stage where the best two teams of each group go into an 8 team playoff series. A tiny part of me is very weary that they're finding ways to have Lakers/Clippers on opposite sides so they can meet in the finals because Kawhi/George vs. Davis/LBJ would be a money machine.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Well I wait for new episodes of Billions, I've started watching Friday Night Lights. Only early on, up to episode 5 but there's enough to keep me coming back.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Stojy View Post
    Well I wait for new episodes of Billions, I've started watching Friday Night Lights. Only early on, up to episode 5 but there's enough to keep me coming back.
    Glad you're liking it, it only gets better (albeit with a little dip at one point). FNL is one of the best shows of the 2000's.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Pathetically Recapping Wrestling's Most Famous Garbage
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic Hall of Famer

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

#BlackLivesMatter

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Been watching My Hero Academia. The kid sister turns it on whenever I come over to babysit and wants me to watch it with her. That or K-pop.

I don't dislike it? Idk. I've never really been an anime person. A friend tried to get me into it back in my high school days but all his recommendations were offputting or oddly sexualized, so I never really bothered to look into that genre any further (I know, I know, can't judge an entire media out of a handful of samples).

We've watched the first four episodes of season 1 and about half of season 2 (she wanted to skip the rest of season 1 for some reason) and while I'm still trying to remember the names of the characters and exactly what it is they do, I kinda like it? I dig the premise. Even when the animation falls into 'uncanny valley' effect or when it does the usual anime tropes I poke fun at, I still end up enjoying it, if only so I can riff on certain things and make the kid sister laugh.

Spoiler:

I'm not good at signatures.

[Run]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Stojy View Post
    Boy are you in for a treat!

[Run]

Status

Latest Simpsons update (I really should've done a separate thread for this, ah well).

Two thirds of the way through Season 4, and it's easily to the best season so far, possibly ever. It'll be easier to do a least favourite 5 episodes by the time I'm through.

Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347482838485 LastLast

Thread Information