Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1439

Thread: Currently Watching - Redux

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Re: Currently Watching - Redux

Watched Zootopia last night. I don't usually watch movies but I got told to watch this on and off for most of the year. Turns out it's pretty fuckin' good. Solid character leads, nice buddy-cop plot, the scenery is absolutely fantastic. I'd say it's on top of my 'movies watched this year' list but I've only watched like two or three movies so no real point in that.

but anyway the main point is someone who rarely watches movies was absolutely enthralled by Zootopia so yeah, good showing.

plus oh my god Judy & Nick are adorable

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post
    Watched Zootopia last night. I don't usually watch movies but I got told to watch this on and off for most of the year. Turns out it's pretty fuckin' good. Solid character leads, nice buddy-cop plot, the scenery is absolutely fantastic. I'd say it's on top of my 'movies watched this year' list but I've only watched like two or three movies so no real point in that.

but anyway the main point is someone who rarely watches movies was absolutely enthralled by Zootopia so yeah, good showing.

plus oh my god Judy & Nick are adorable
    The sloth is the best thing it that movie haha......

Watched Djano Unchained last night....got Beauty and The Beast on for the kids at the moment eurgh...hoping to get Lego Batman on soon.
    I have a plan so cunning......

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    Germany

Zootopia is great, should probably rewatch that soon.

Speaking of Disney, I just cannot get into Big Hero 6 at all, which is a shame because it has so much in its favour that I'd usually be all over.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

If anyone is feeling bored this Holiday Season I have a few Films I recently saw the past week that might interest people. Voyeur I saw the other night and man it was an interesting Documentary talking about a guy who had a Motel for decades and he watched people from the Attic through the Heating Ducts every night for hours on end. The guy in the film would say it was research and that scared and creeped me so much hearing Foos say that. Gay Talese would be the man behind telling the story in a Article and Book and this Documentary has so many twists and turns really enjoyable.

I also saw this week I, Tonya and Margot Robbie hit a Home Run in my eyes as Tonya Harding. Now it's hard to watch at times, because yeah you want to be sympathetic to the struggles she went through especially dealing with a abusive Mother and Boyfriend, but she still did her dirt involving the attack on Nancy Kerrigan. Now she said she didn't know her BF and Crew would do that, but she had planned to send Death Threats to on Nancy Kerrigan to get her to possibly not go to the Olympics so she's no Angel at all. Oh and you feel like watching something dark and kinda scary, watch Tokyo Ghoul's Live Action based on the Anime that only has two Seasons right now and is going to have a third in 2018. It's one the best Anime to Movie Adaptation that I enjoyed in quite awhile, but I still think The Rurouni Kenshin three films are perfection and the best Adaptation from a Anime ever in my opinion.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Black Mirror Season 4 y’all.

USS Callister was oddly wonderful.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Black Mirror Season 4 y’all.

USS Callister was oddly wonderful.
    I went I to it with low expectations and absolutely loved it. Great way to open the new season.

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post

Speaking of Disney, I just cannot get into Big Hero 6 at all, which is a shame because it has so much in its favour that I'd usually be all over.

Yeah I thought Big Hero 6 was poor. First time around I thought maybe I had missed something so watched it again the other day and still thought the same haha. Have also watched Moana with the kids this Christmas...wasn't too bad for a singalong movie.

Brick Shithouse

Status

Baymax was brilliant and adorable, everything else about it was pretty generic though.

I echo the love for Zootopia though. What a great film.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

[Your Name]

Status

Moana is pretty good & has some great songs. Zootopia is still better though.

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

If I had to rank the episodes of Black Mirror Season 4:

Spoiler:

1. Hang The DJ: I loved this so much. I actually quite enjoyed San Junipero from last season (fuck you Jim) and found this to be a better version. I think it was a unique take at the world of dating and was fascinating in a lot of different ways. Plus that ending was so joyous and I think this show has shown that they succeed with feel good points about how technology will blossom into something much more just as much when, maybe if not more, when it’s bleak. Great episode.

2. Black Museum - I liked this a lot. Felt a little long but it felt like a solid attempt of capturing the magic of the White Christmas episode which I liked a great deal. Thought Rolo Haynes was another good creepy devil may care character that gets his come-upping.

3. USS Callister - I thought this was a very fun and interesting episode but because of its wackiness and some desired elements missing, it would be unfair to call this the best episode. But the concept was great, the cartoonishness mixed with the terror was done well, and Jesse Plemmons is a great weirdo. Also Jimmi Simpson rules.

4. Arkangel - not as well executed as it should have been but I thought that everything played out passable for the concept of being a helicopter parent. Jodie Foster’s style feels weird for this show though. It had the bleakness but just felt like it needed more. Great ending though.

5. Metalhead - stylistically great and very intense. The dogs were pretty terrifying. With that said, way too much has to be assumed to really get an understanding and there’s honestly not much that makes you invested with any character or their demise. I tried to like this a lot, but it was just incomplete.

6. Crocodile - I hated this. Perhaps my least favorite Black Mirror episode. Almost felt like a bad parody or a poorly written fanfic episode. So fucking clunky. Awful character progressions (terrified of covering up someone else’s crime but then just becomes a serial murderer in the blink of an eye?), super slow and a lot of unnecessary set up (if I had to see one more fucking memory interview), bad “shock” horror (OH MY GOD THE KID WAS BLIND), the WORST technology ever created for this show (there’s a robot food truck and all this futuristic shit but it takes having to interview five different people with this awful looking memory machine with a deep TV for insurance claims? Fuck off), and the dumbest “didn’t expect that” ending ever. What a sack of fucking horse shit.

I think it was a pretty good season. Each episode felt like they had luls or issues but three of them were very solid and the others were at least visually stunning or an interesting reflection on tech and human behavior. Crocodile was a big blunder, though.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I'm only 5 Episodes into the Show on Netflix and boy this Anime is amazing. It has that old flare of Akira the film and that new flare of Anime today. I would say though if you live with your Parents don't watch it when them already, theirs alot of sex like I swear I saw a guy getting a BJ in a Club scene.

Theirs been loads of emotional moments that you'll see if you give the Anime a chance, and the hits seems to keep coming. Ryo and Akira relationship is a relationship I want to have so badly.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Yooooo Mang

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    If I had to rank the episodes of Black Mirror Season 4:

Spoiler:

1. Hang The DJ: I loved this so much. I actually quite enjoyed San Junipero from last season (fuck you Jim) and found this to be a better version. I think it was a unique take at the world of dating and was fascinating in a lot of different ways. Plus that ending was so joyous and I think this show has shown that they succeed with feel good points about how technology will blossom into something much more just as much when, maybe if not more, when it’s bleak. Great episode.

2. Black Museum - I liked this a lot. Felt a little long but it felt like a solid attempt of capturing the magic of the White Christmas episode which I liked a great deal. Thought Rolo Haynes was another good creepy devil may care character that gets his come-upping.

3. USS Callister - I thought this was a very fun and interesting episode but because of its wackiness and some desired elements missing, it would be unfair to call this the best episode. But the concept was great, the cartoonishness mixed with the terror was done well, and Jesse Plemmons is a great weirdo. Also Jimmi Simpson rules.

4. Arkangel - not as well executed as it should have been but I thought that everything played out passable for the concept of being a helicopter parent. Jodie Foster’s style feels weird for this show though. It had the bleakness but just felt like it needed more. Great ending though.

5. Metalhead - stylistically great and very intense. The dogs were pretty terrifying. With that said, way too much has to be assumed to really get an understanding and there’s honestly not much that makes you invested with any character or their demise. I tried to like this a lot, but it was just incomplete.

6. Crocodile - I hated this. Perhaps my least favorite Black Mirror episode. Almost felt like a bad parody or a poorly written fanfic episode. So fucking clunky. Awful character progressions (terrified of covering up someone else’s crime but then just becomes a serial murderer in the blink of an eye?), super slow and a lot of unnecessary set up (if I had to see one more fucking memory interview), bad “shock” horror (OH MY GOD THE KID WAS BLIND), the WORST technology ever created for this show (there’s a robot food truck and all this futuristic shit but it takes having to interview five different people with this awful looking memory machine with a deep TV for insurance claims? Fuck off), and the dumbest “didn’t expect that” ending ever. What a sack of fucking horse shit.

I think it was a pretty good season. Each episode felt like they had luls or issues but three of them were very solid and the others were at least visually stunning or an interesting reflection on tech and human behavior. Crocodile was a big blunder, though.
    I’m actually going to reviewing the whole series soon Nicky so I’ll get into my thoughts on the new eps then. But I will say we have the same top 3 mine are just placed differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Internet Favorite

Status

So i rented some movies and here is small reviews on it

The Belko Experiment **1/2- Hunger Games Office Style. Was an alright solid movie but nothing like omg i gotta watch that right now.
    Mind Blown *1/2- B movie that i thought had a interesting description. People can control the weather and that. The movie sucked really like it had potential but it just fell flat.
    Bushwick **1/2- Hey look Batista is in another movie and he is one of the 2 main leads. Was a solid movie until the last like 20 minutes or so i wont spoil it for people but it was like really just like that.

Harley Quinn and Stirling for the win

[Your Name]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by StylesofPunk View Post
    Bushwick **1/2- Hey look Batista is in another movie and he is one of the 2 main leads. Was a solid movie until the last like 20 minutes or so i wont spoil it for people but it was like really just like that.
    Heh, watched this last night. Pretty dull tbh, tried to be a mix of Red Dawn & Cloverfield, but didn't have any remotely interesting characters.

Internet Favorite

Status

Heh, watched this last night. Pretty dull tbh, tried to be a mix of Red Dawn & Cloverfield, but didn't have any remotely interesting characters.
    Also the camera movement pissed me off too mixed with the last 20 mins Batista did give a decent performance i think.

Harley Quinn and Stirling for the win

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

I've spent all of my downtime the past few weeks watching Marvel Universe Shows.

I finished Jessica Jones - I enjoyed this however I got sidetracked three episodes from the end-turned it offoff, came back months later and decided to rewatch it, got up to the exact same episide and turned it off again, but I finished it this time.

Season 2 of Daredevil - really enjoyed the Punisher in it, hated Elecktra, hated Karen.

Luke Cage - I liked this. I really like Luke Cage, also Claire is my favourite character that is consistently in all of the shows.

Iron Fist - It was okay, I didn't hate it, and I didn't love it. Problem was I disliked the majority of the characters in the show. It's clearly the weakest of the Marvel shows, but still decent in comparison to other stuff.

I especially love the unique lighting styles in the four shows. Defender's does a phenominal job of combining them. Iron Fist is super bright and colourful in comparison to the other three with it's locations, props, and lighting, it's got that hopeful feeling with all the colour that matches Iron Fist with how naive he is upon first returning, and then of course it all goes south. It immediately stands out from the other three shows. Jessica jones is pale white lighting, stark environments, looks cold and detached with all of the pale white or cooler blue shades. Luke Cage has a lot of yellow and brown shades, and some sepia tone, it's distinctly softer lighting than Jessica or Daredevil but not bright and colourful like iron fist, Luke Cage is far more of a realist than Danny Rand at least in this he is, but it's got that inside light in your kitchen yellow-ish kind of shading going on. Daredevil in comparison is colder than both of those two, but not stark or grim with the cold lighting of jessica jones. Daredevil is not overly flashy or bright, it's more understated in lightimg style with a lot of red and dark brown or black undertones, and it's very focused on dimly lit locations.

The Defenders - I enjoyed this for what is was. Matt annoyed me with all of his secrets for the first half, and then Iron Fist annoyed me for parts of the second half, but he wasn't intolerable like people made out. He just made me roll my eyes once 'with his this is what they want to turn us against one another'. Still I get why he was so invested. Also I enjoyed that scene where Danny Rand was likd 'there was a dragon' and Luke Cage is just likd 'ahaha no there wasn't'. It was especially interesting seeing Defenders incorporating the four shows unique lighting styles, colour schemes and etc into the one series, and still giving them that feel and vibe that is uniquely them. It was very nicely done.

I've also started the Punisher it hasn't hooked me yet as a,series but I'm only up to episode 4 so we'll see.
    Last edited by Lisette; 01-09-2018 at 07:30 AM.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Status

So I finally started watching Orange is the New Black. I never took the hype seriously. In fact I never really took Netflix originals very seriously at all, but this show is amazing. I've been binge watching it like crazy.

Internet Favorite

Status

Started on Orville tonight....really not sure what to make of it yet.

[Your Name]

Status

The Book of Henry is certainly interesting.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    So I finally started watching Orange is the New Black. I never took the hype seriously. In fact I never really took Netflix originals very seriously at all, but this show is amazing. I've been binge watching it like crazy.
    Dropped out of watching it after a while. Was into the big hispanic chick that was fucking the guard. Can't remember her name. But yeah, I just lost interest in the show after a while.

Re-watching Bottom. Such a fucking great show. Rik Mayall (RIP) is a legend.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information