Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Results 1,701 to 1,797 of 1797

Thread: Currently Watching - Redux

𝕊𝕎𝕀𝕋ℂℍ𝔹𝕃𝔸𝔻𝔼

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Re: Currently Watching - Redux

Binge watched the first season of Cobra Kai on Netflix. Got to say, really enjoyable.

I loved the obvious use of the actors portraying the same characters and seeing the alternating stories and how life panned out for them both. All the little throwbacks too, great touch.

Pure nostalgia and fun. I'd recommend for anyone that enjoyed the original Karate Kid film.

Only thing that annoyed me was Daniel's Son, fuck he's an annoying little prick Haha!

Wordle Playing Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Finished season 2 of The Wire tonight. I would say I preferred season 1 because some of my favourite characters had to move to the side for the docks/greeks story, but it was still great and maybe had a few more shocks along the way. I wasn't expecting D'Angelo to get murdered, and if that wasn't bad enough, Frank getting killed too was a surprise given how much focus he had on the season. At the start of the season I liked Nick and hated Ziggy, but that kind of flipped by the end of the season. Brother Mouzone feels out of place with the feel of the show, I'm annoyed Omar spared him but I'm all in on Omar chasing down Stringer.

At the same time I've been watching Better Call Saul and started S2 a couple days ago. Fantastic show, apart from Kim who's kind of a downer.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Scotland

The ending montage and shot of Nick just looking at his industry and all he’s ever known die gets me every time.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Frank is such a tragic character and really encapsulates the idea of well meaning people doing bad things for their family and colleagues. He's one of the best characterd in the whole show.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Status
      Country                    United States

Botchamania 422

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18, 2018-19

Status
      Country                    United States

I just finished watching Living With Yourself on Netflix with Paul Rudd.
    I have some mixed opinions about this, but overall I thought it was pretty enjoyable. I was just surprised that I had never heard of it sooner. It definitely had some serious Multiplicity(with Michael Keaton) vibes going on which I liked. The special effects and acting of Rudd playing two versions of himself were particularly great. They didn’t bother complicating things with the technical aspects of cloning and just got right to it. The ending felt a bit rushed and there were some random things that came and went really quickly. I imagine they did it that way in case it got picked up for a second season, which doesn’t seem likely at this point. I also liked that it was 8 episodes that were roughly a half an hour each, versus every episode being an hour like everything else nowadays. It was a quick, easy, and enjoyable watch through. 6.5/10

Liv Forever

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Recently watched The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor.

Really loved both of them. Both series were full of engaging characters, that left me wanting to see more of them.

Thought Hill House was the better series over all, Bly Manor took a while to really get going though the last few episodes were absolutely brilliant.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

Between Inside Number 9 and This Time with Alan Partridge, it's good to have some quality comedy back on the BBC. This Time is just a masterclass in cringe

Pick of the bunch so far for Inside Number 9 was the episode about the TV writer and the obsessed fan who hated the last series of the show and blackmailed him into writing a new series. Loved the shots at Game of Thrones.
    ​​​​​ ​​​
    Ed's Favourite Threads
    Ed Reviews Everything l Ed's Kings Road Journey

Ed's Top Matches of the Year Lists
    2016 l 2017 l 2018 l 2019 l 2020 l 2021

Chopped Liver

Status
      Country                    Europe

I’m glad I gave This Time another chance for the second series. Wasn’t too impressed with the first series, but this has been some of the best Partridge stuff since the days of I’m Alan Partridge. Inside Number 9 is terrific too. Despite having been a fan of League of Gentlemen, for some reason I’d never given IN9 a chance until the first lockdown last year, so at least something good came of the pandemic lol

[be more kind]

Status

I know I'm probably on an island on my own here, but the Friends Reunion is well worth watching if you were a fan of the show.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Currently Watching - Redux

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    I know I'm probably on an island on my own here, but the Friends Reunion is well worth watching if you were a fan of the show.
    Didn’t it win Best Comedy Show Ever when that tournament was conducted?

I’ve never seen an episode.

”Powered by AstraZeneca Blood Clots.”

​​​

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

[be more kind]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Didn’t it win Best Comedy Show Ever when that tournament was conducted?

I’ve never seen an episode.

I seem to remember it being pretty divisive, but then again of have no recollection of this tournament to begin with

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    I seem to remember it being pretty divisive, but then again of have no recollection of this tournament to begin with
    I just searched for it and came up with nothing, so yeah, maybe I’ve just gone crazy.

​​​

Spoiler:

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

World Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I just searched for it and came up with nothing, so yeah, maybe I’ve just gone crazy.

I remember a tournament too. I remember being pissed it beat Seinfeld
    Indyfans Top ROH matches has got you covered

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I remember a tournament too. I remember being pissed it beat Seinfeld
    I’m pretty sure Flex ran it but it appears he changed his username and I can’t for the life of me remember what it was.

Friends beating Seinfeld would have pissed me off as well.

​​​

Spoiler:

Worked. Everyone.

Status

I just watched the new Bo Burnham special on Netflix. It's outstanding, go watch it. I'd never actually heard of this guy before but my SO said she'd watched him since he started with YouTube over a decade ago. It wasn't hilarious per say but the work that went into it, holy fuck.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Palestinian Territory

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    I just watched the new Bo Burnham special on Netflix. It's outstanding, go watch it. I'd never actually heard of this guy before but my SO said she'd watched him since he started with YouTube over a decade ago. It wasn't hilarious per say but the work that went into it, holy fuck.
    Definitely check out his other stand ups too. I was Bo Burnham skeptic back in high school I think but my friends put me on and I gave him a chance and hes become a fave. Hes not a traditional stand up comedian but he's easily my favorite one. Also he's got the same birthday as me so that 30th birthday skit was interesting in many ways Definitely rate Inside though. That and Make Happy are probably my favorite two specials I've seen

Worked. Everyone.

Status

Anyone watched Clarksons Farm? Just finished it and thought it was outstanding which is something I didn't think I'd say about a farming show. My partner kept saying to me that she thought it was boring but I'd catch her watching it as opposed to reading her book when I did have it on and she admitted at the end it was pretty great. Would like a second series but apparently Amazon have cancelled it.

Wordle Playing Admin

Status

It took 9 more months but I eventually got around to finishing the wire last night.

Season 5 was my least favourite series. I didn't really care for Jimmy and Lester hatching this serial killer plot to go after Marlo, and the journalism arc was the least interesting arc in the shows history introducing a dozen characters that had to push former characters out the way to make time for - and Gus is the only one I could really connect with. The pacing of the series felt off at times where things get dragged out and then have a rushed ending, we have about 10 scenes where Bunk frowns at Jimmy, then Jimmy solves the copycat murderer in 2 minutes in the final episode and then they're all pals again. Omar is gone, then comes back, then falls out of a 4 storey building and survives, teases you that he's going after Marlo and there's going to be a showdown and then a little kid shoots him while he's buying a pack of smokes when there's still 3 episodes to go in the series. Marlo who spends 3 series being the most boring antagonist and a poor replacement for the Barksdales finally shows some soul and passion when he finds out Omar called him out and Chris kept it from him - I wish we'd have gotten that earlier in the show rather than let that be the theme they left his character on. Dukie starts working for a junkman in episode 9, and then straight away in episode 10 he's lying to Prezbo for money to fund a drug habit in a rushed attempt to frame him as the new bubbles. They did a much better job in the first four series of pacing the plots out. Some of the themes of the series probably hit harder now than they did in 2008 when you think of Scott Templeton and how journalism continued to have less integrity and how dangerous 'fake news' became. Scott's the biggest heel in the show, all the dealers and the murderers I understand because they're products of the system, but Scott's just a weasel.

I can't help but feel comparisons between Season 5 of The Wire and the most recent season of Line of Duty where the ending theme is one of helplessness and inevitably that the system is corrupt and can't be fixed forcing top officials to lie to save themselves, allowing criminals to walk, and those that value dignity most of all have to fall on their sword and leave their job i.e. Daniels in the Wire and Ted Hastings in Line of Duty.

Season 4 was easily my favourite series, I really connected with the education system focus on the series, it introduced 4 great characters in Michael, Duquan, Namond and Randy, and had good redemption arcs for the likes of Bunny, Prezbo and Carver - which is probably another reason I didn't enjoy series 5 to have Namond, Randy, Bunny and Prezbo reduced to 1 episode cameos.
    Last edited by Ed; 07-18-2021 at 07:00 AM.
    ​​​​