Thread: Do you think that the WWE is screwing CM Punk?

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    il=Israel

Raw Do you think that the WWE is screwing CM Punk?

I find it kind off weird that WWE is trying to tone down CM Punk after his "outrageous" promos he shoot in WWE Raw. Suddenly he became more soft, and tries to speak less then he did in the beginning of the "Best in the World" gimmick. In my opinion, either Vince McMahon is afraid of CM Punk's mic skills, or either someone else is trying to screw Punk (and no I'm not talking about John Laurinaitis).

CM Punk was known world wide as a star that ALWAYS spoke his heart and soul out to the people. He spoke the honest truth. For example he told the truth to Kevin Nash, he said the truth about John Cena (EVERY fan thought the same things CM Punk told about him). He spoke the truth about Vince McMahon, while he has the anti-bullying campaign, he was willing to sell his own daughter for more cash flow. So basically, that's what I like about Punk. He is very true star. And deserves the spot that he has. In my eyes, Vince is scared of his mic skills. Why, you might ask? Well, simply because some parents would think it's not appropriate for children and might get the kids away. You might find it funny, but this is really the current mindset that Mr. McMahon has.

What is your opinion on this?

Underdog

Status

Re: Do you think that the WWE is screwing CM Punk?

Quote Originally Posted by PSachkovski View Post
    I find it kind off weird that WWE is trying to tone down CM Punk after his "outrageous" promos he shoot in WWE Raw. Suddenly he became more soft, and tries to speak less then he did in the beginning of the "Best in the World" gimmick. In my opinion, either Vince McMahon is afraid of CM Punk's mic skills, or either someone else is trying to screw Punk (and no I'm not talking about John Laurinaitis).

CM Punk was known world wide as a star that ALWAYS spoke his heart and soul out to the people. He spoke the honest truth. For example he told the truth to Kevin Nash, he said the truth about John Cena (EVERY fan thought the same things CM Punk told about him). He spoke the truth about Vince McMahon, while he has the anti-bullying campaign, he was willing to sell his own daughter for more cash flow. So basically, that's what I like about Punk. He is very true star. And deserves the spot that he has. In my eyes, Vince is scared of his mic skills. Why, you might ask? Well, simply because some parents would think it's not appropriate for children and might get the kids away. You might find it funny, but this is really the current mindset that Mr. McMahon has.

What is your opinion on this?
    Who knows if its a deliverate thing, but in my opinion, sacrificing his promo giving time with total bollocks like Jericho motioning for certain sides of the crowd go wayyyy, or the whole Kane related pish, is border line retarded. Dont get me wrong, Im down with the making the foes look strong and all that, but they just aint giving him enough time on our teles - the angle - especially with Ace would rule if it was the pivot on which the whole of Raw spun. Instead it feels like the 3rd or 4th most important thing theyre showing us.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Perhaps they didn't like all the media attention that a realistic approach was getting them so they decided to go with Kane and his goofy supernatural bull****. Ratings shmatings.
    [save]

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    il=Israel

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Perhaps they didn't like all the media attention that a realistic approach was getting them so they decided to go with Kane and his goofy supernatural bull****. Ratings shmatings.
    I don't know how you can call choking someone with your hand "supernatural" though.

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    uk=United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by PSachkovski View Post
    I don't know how you can call choking someone with your hand "supernatural" though.
    But you can call someone bursting out from under the ring and dragging someone to "hell" supernatural. But I definitely agree with the Punk thing, he was the most entertaining and outrageous thing I had seen in a long time and then he returned after Money in the Bank and just lost all edge. He wasn't speaking his mind as much and the promos felt forced especially the ones with Triple H and Nash. Considering Punk is the WWE champion he should be the focus of the show but it seems Cena/Kane is at the moment, I think that needs to change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Status
      Country                    us=United States

It's not like Summer of Punk Part III was going to last forever. Sure, those original promos where Punk just spoke what he wanted to were great because they were different at the time. After awhile, the promos get repetitive and kind of boring. If Punk kept cutting the same promos week in and week out like the "outrageous ones" as you put it, would you really care about what he had to say after a few months? No, because it would get boring, repetitive, and would make his character stale. In a way, saying less is saying more. He has spoken less in the past few weeks or so, you're right. But because of that, what he DOES say is more effective, such as when he called Funkhouser a bitch.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    de=Germany

I don't think the WWE has ever screwed up with Punk. I mean look at his feud list since '07: Taker, Cena, Orton, Mysterio, Jericho, Morrison, Del Rio, Jeff Hardy...and the "WWE establishment" in Lauranitis/McMahon/Triple H. That's quite an impressive list for 5 years of time from being a rookie to being one of the main faces.

Of course he will get ups and downs, but I like the overall direction with Punk. And if the crowds wear more Punk than Cena shirts, that's a good thing

Simply The Greatest

Status

My biggest gripe with what they're doing with him is that he went from cool to corny and annoying. In the summer, you would be on the edge of your seat for his promos. Now, he sounds so forced trying to be funny. And when the announcers say "pipe bombs" or whatever it is extremely extremely annoying.

I have never been a Punk fan; I find him okay right now. I still enjoyed him the most during his SES time.

FUNKASAURUS

Status
      Country                    uk_scotland=Scotland

They have made him the top face in the company, and is currently champion. How did you manage to extrapolate that into WWE screwing him?

In fact, don't answer that. They hype and the excitement from the Summer was never going to be able to be sustained, but even still, Punnk's standing in the company at the moment is the highest it has ever been. In no possible way can the WWE be 'screwing' Punk.
    RAGGIE's BACK!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With the cold winds of the North came the fury of Ragnar

Thread Information