View Poll Results: Who has the brightest future?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wade Barrett

2 14.29%
  • Cody Rhodes

4 28.57%
  • Dolph Ziggler

5 35.71%
  • Sheamus

3 21.43%
  • The Miz

0 0%

Thread: Hottest Prospect - Jan 2012

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Hottest Prospect - Jan 2012

There appear to be a few guys on the current roster who look to have a very bright future in the company. Having such a strong upper-mid-card can be seen as a great asset to the company, and with the current ME Scene ageing somewhat, I thought it best to gauge IWC opinion on the future stars of tomorrow.

I'm talking about the whole package, although I do firmly believe that the best in-ring wrestlers eventually rise to the top.

Vote away, but please explain your choices, may run this every couple of months, depending on popularity.

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2018 - 20/15/1 - 4th in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    in=India

Re: Hottest Prospect - Jan 2012

i vote for Barrett

for me a guy with the looks and personality of a champion with okay ring-skills is better than one vice versa, i am pissed with people like Miz being made champs, nothing against him but I am totally against having a champion whose credibility made him look like he might lose to the resident clown Santino Marella

Out of these, Sheamus had a really good run and the fact that he was thrown back to midcard once, not even upper mid-card, hurts his prospects in my eyes, i would see a new person being made champion than a recycled one

It's high time there was a formidable heel main eventer or champion, Barrett or Ziggler can do that role justice, a heel who does not need henchmen doing the work for him, then maybe people will hate faces like Cena less too

Rhodes should not go into main event before atleast one more year, he is not that developed imo

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    il=Israel

Cody Rhodes. Just for the reason he keeps improving from year to year, and in my eyes he is the hottest prospect WWE has today. He is a great intercontinental champion. He has a great gimmick. He still has to improve some of his mic skills, he tries to hard to sound like Randy Orton. He needs to work on that a little bit, bu other then that he is a future WWE or World Heavyweight Champion.

WAKE UP

Status

As far as who will have the biggest year, it's close between Wade and Sheamus. Dolph is lumbered on RAW, Cody isn't getting past mid-card (get over it) and Miz is looking like he will be this generation's Jericho. Wade and Sheamus both have the benefit of being on SD where they lack serious top-end names and therefore a higher ceiling, plus both are already in steady pushes. I expect Sheamus will have the bigger year though, as he's already a former champion they will be more willing to call on him for a main event spot if they need it.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    As far as who will have the biggest year, it's close between Wade and Sheamus. Dolph is lumbered on RAW, Cody isn't getting past mid-card (get over it) and Miz is looking like he will be this generation's Jericho. Wade and Sheamus both have the benefit of being on SD where they lack serious top-end names and therefore a higher ceiling, plus both are already in steady pushes. I expect Sheamus will have the bigger year though, as he's already a former champion they will be more willing to call on him for a main event spot if they need it.
    How in the blue hell, do you count Wade Barrett as a credible champion? He lacks couple of stuff. Matches that will put him over. He lacks wrestlers to be able to work with on his level. And when I say on his level i mean equal to him. He still stuck in this shadow of only being a Upper-Midcarder. And why? I guess because he won't make a believeable champion unless he beats someone in a impressive way. Let's say beat someone like Mark Henry, Big Show, even Daniel Bryan himself for goodness sake...

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PSachkovski View Post
    How in the blue hell, do you count Wade Barrett as a credible champion? He lacks couple of stuff. Matches that will put him over. He lacks wrestlers to be able to work with on his level. And when I say on his level i mean equal to him. He still stuck in this shadow of only being a Upper-Midcarder. And why? I guess because he won't make a believeable champion unless he beats someone in a impressive way. Let's say beat someone like Mark Henry, Big Show, even Daniel Bryan himself for goodness sake...
    Putting Randy Orton on the shelf in a Falls Count Anywhere? Beating Randy Orton a number of times before? Being head of the biggest stable in recent memory?

This isn't about being a credible champion either, it's about the biggest future

WC Fantrax Premiership

Chikara Trainee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Nash View Post
    Putting Randy Orton on the shelf in a Falls Count Anywhere? Beating Randy Orton a number of times before? Being head of the biggest stable in recent memory?

This isn't about being a credible champion either, it's about the biggest future
    And from beating Randy Orton all this time, where did he go from there?

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

Well it only happened 2 weeks ago, give him a bloody chance

WC Fantrax Premiership

WAKE UP

Status

I'm not even sure what this post is meant to mean.

But he has already gone over Bryan in his recent push and just put Orton on the shelf. I am sure more big wins will come his way.

No Such Luck

Status
      Country                    uk=United Kingdom

I voted Wade Barrett, he has solid in-ring and mic skills. He's had a really good start to the business and the only way I see is up for him. May God Save the Queen.

Latest:

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I voted for Dolph Ziggler. Now, if this was a poll for the next few months, then Sheamus probably would've gotten my vote. Once Wrestlemania season comes and goes, Ziggler should definitely be inserted into the main event picture permanently. Del Rio is just stalling in place, and Miz is probably going to be all over the card in different capacities. That leaves Ziggler as really the only main event heel, with Cena and Punk to oppose him. No matter who gets the title (Cena/Punk) I think Ziggler should feud with them post-Wrestlemania. (screw Jericho)

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    in=India

And from beating Randy Orton all this time, where did he go from there?
    so in short, u mean Wade should not get a main event push because he never got a main event push

hmm vicious cycle innit?

FUNKASAURUS

Status
      Country                    uk_scotland=Scotland

This is actually really difficult to choose just one. Barrett, Ziggler and Sheamus are all being pushed pretty steady at the moment, all have great characters, and all 3 are ready to make the jump into the Main Event permanently. It is nearly impossible to pick, though I would say Sheamus will get his big push first, perhaps winning the Rumble, while Barrett has a programme set up for when Orton returns which will further push him into the limelight. I worry a little for Ziggler over on Raw, but a feud with Cena once he's finished with Punk would be nice, and that should elevate his star further. Gonna vote for Sheamus at the moment, but it will be interesting to see what changes if this thread is re-run in a few months time.

Cody is still developing in my eyes, and is beginning to find his niche with his unique promo style (not a jot like Orton's) and is adding to his moveset nicely. He's good as the Intercontinental Champion for the time being, and I'd like to see him keep it and also be booked into feuds where he can defend the strap more often.
    RAGGIE's BACK!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With the cold winds of the North came the fury of Ragnar

Thread Information