View Poll Results: Who is better in his prime?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stone Cold Steve Austin

8 88.89%
  • CM Punk

1 11.11%

Thread: Stone Cold vs CM Punk: Who is better in their prime?

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    il=Israel

Stone Cold vs CM Punk: Who is better in their prime?

Seeing as CM Punk became a kind off rebel and his now feuding with the boss Johnny Ace. It brought back many memories of Stone Cold feuding with Mr. McMahon. Both Stone Cold and CM Punk speak out from the bottom of their hearts and both of them would be liked by the fans, and the fans would root for them, because of their honesty.

Stone Cold's birth began all the way back in ECW. After getting fired by Eric Bischoff from WCW. He decided to take his frustrations out on the mic of ECW.

It quickley grabbed the attention of the WWF/E.

CM Punk started opening his mouth already in the WWE. After a gimmick that didn't quite capture the fans eyes, and after being in a stable, that didn't really fit his character, he decided to do what he does best and cut a promo.

Both Stone Cold and CM Punk got a huge following after their promos in the WWE. Stone Cold's fans would chant and say whatever he wants to say.

And CM Punk's fans would do the same thing.

Stone Cold was a huge draw everytime he appeared on TV or on PPV. CM Punk as well is a huge draw in the WWE on both TV and PPV.

CM Punk became World Heavyweight champion and WWE champion and so did Stone Cold.

So who truelly is better between the two?

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: Stone Cold vs CM Punk: Who is better in their prime?

As much as I love Punk as a wrestler, Austin. Austin is my favourite ever wrestler and at his peak was responsible for some of my favourite matches in WWE history. His 2001 was amazing: the match against HHH at No Way Out; The Rock at Wrestlemania; an amazing TV match against Benoit; the tag match against Jericho and Benoit; the Summerslam match against Angle just to name the best ones. Austin had a year in 2001 that rivals almost anyone that I've ever seen, an amazing brawler and character.

Punk's peak as far as in-ring work goes probably came last year and while he amassed an impressive resume of great matches, only the Cena matches come close to the quality that I mentioned above.

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I think this question would be better asked when Punk is past his prime. He's definitely still in his prime in WWE, while Austin has already "retired". You can't really compare the two when one is still competing, and still has a long ways to go in the wrestling business.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Even though I'm a fan of CM Punk I would have to say that Steve Austin was and still is better than Punk. I believe that more people recognize the name Stone Cold than will probably ever recognize CM Punk's name when you mention it. Now thats just my opinion and I can see why anyone might not agree but thats what I think.

FUNKASAURUS

Status
      Country                    uk_scotland=Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Andy View Post
    I think this question would be better asked when Punk is past his prime. He's definitely still in his prime in WWE, while Austin has already "retired". You can't really compare the two when one is still competing, and still has a long ways to go in the wrestling business.
    Pretty much this. Punk is still in his prime, and he might go on to bigger and better things yet, we simply don't know. So while there are similarities between the two, undoubtedly, for the time being this is a fairly redundant question.
    RAGGIE's BACK!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With the cold winds of the North came the fury of Ragnar

Thread Information