Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Year End Awards 2011

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status
    Well, I guess I better put my pants on!!!
      Country                    ca=Canada

Re: Year End Awards 2011

The TRO Award for Catchphrase of the Year goes to:

When we discuss what aspects make a Pro-Wrestler successful, some say it's the gimmick that they portray. A gimmick makes a wrestler stand out, depending on how well he/she portrays it. Others will say it's the wrestlers move-sets that they showcase in each match that is vital to their success. Making moves as their trademark, is another way to stand out amongst the pack. Many will say both aspects are required.

One aspect that is always underrated and barely anyone thinks is a key part to a wrestling success, is having a catch phrase. A catch phrase is something the we all love to repeat and it's obviously catchy (duh!).

Think of the four most successful men in the history of the CWA as their catch phrases are iconic. Roberto's "Do what you want, say what you will, but remember one thing...your ass belongs to me!" Or the Ultimate Pain's "the Ultiiiiimaattteeee Paaaiiiiiiinnnnnn!!!" Or what about Doc Adams's "The Doctor is in."

Every wrestling fanatic has repeated their favorite wrestler's catch phrases.
    Catch phrases can generate massive heat for a wrestler or it can be used as a tool to manipulate the crowd into cheering for you as long as the execution is perfect.

So catch phrases have a very important role in how far a wrestler can go in terms of success as it makes them marketable—the phrases can be made into merchandise of all kinds. In the end, catch phrases are a key ingredient to becoming a main-eventer and reaching success!

One man in CWA who knows this just too well is non other than huge fan favourite, Chubby Carlos. Everytime we hear the word "Dude", we can't help but think of the Chubster. This is why this year's TRO Award for Catchphrase of the Year goes to El Chuberino; His Royal Chubness and self proclaimed, Everyone's Favourite Wrestler...Chubby Carlos.

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status

Only 3 TRO Awards left to hand out...

PPV of the Year

Feud of the Year

Superstar of the Year
    Last edited by Sawyer; 01-19-2012 at 05:09 PM.

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Woah totally forgot that I listed "Dude" as a catchphrase LOL

2 awards in the bag! (Maybe a third on its way? )
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Backyarder

Status

Thanks for the award guys. It really means a lot to me. I feel like I've done some of my best work here and I plan to continue that through all of this year. And just so you know by this time next year the tag team of the year will be the Gang Stars.

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status

The TRO Award for Feud of the Year goes to:

Any other year we would have had a real tough time coming up with a winner, as 2011 was full of great feuds. Snake Eyes vs Jackson Sonik; Rolando vs Joey Nicholas; Jackson Sonik vs Axl Storm; Roberto vs Daren Storm; Grande vs NovaKain; The Brotherhood vs Gang Stars; but in the end, without a doubt, one feud stood above the rest as the most entertaining. In 2011, Mr. Willis and NovaKain gave us some of the best matches and promos we've ever seen. Their "Best out of Five" series produced five classic matches and it helped establish NovaKain as a real threat and a World Title contender and of course it helped Mr. Willis become a World Champion.

Ratchet

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    (Ok, not every Award has been decided yet, but half of them have. One by one I will post them here. Most likely one a day. The credit for the banners go to CAPS LOCK.)

Top Rope Observer is the number one wrestling publication in the World. These are their Annual Year End Awards.

The TRO Award for Best Show of the Year goes to:

This was when High Voltage was still part of CWA. This show took place from the beautiful city of Atlanta, Giorgia and it featured the best in Tag Team Wrestling. A Tag Team Title Match took place, as well as two Ranking Matches. The new team of S.B.S. defeated the team of Hade McKenzie and Jay Walters. For those who don't know, S.B.S. was formed by Jimmy Sanchez and current number 1 contender for the PnH World Title, Surge.

Also, a three way Tag Team match to declare the number 1 contenders to the Titles took place in Atlanta, as Snake Eyes faced the Patriotic Foundation and the New World Revolution. The new team of Frankie Enzo and Peter Jacobs fought like a well oiled machine and picked up the victory . Not long after, Snake Eyes went on to win the World Tag Team Titles from A Mouthful of Awesome.

Speaking of AMOA, they were also in action here, as they defended their Titles against the tough team of the Sunshine State's Finest. On this day Dave Hunter and Koran proved to the World that they were a force to reckon with, as they defeated the champs by count out. Just like Snake Eyes, the Sunshine State's Finest went on to win the Titles later in the year.

Two single matches also took place, as rookie Matthew Summer defeated Canadian, Petey Williamson and in the Main Event of the evening, NovaKain, with the help of Kyle Crosby defeated arch enemy, Grande.

Without a doubt this was the Best Show of the Year, that also featured Roberto and Kyle Crosby in commentary. Congrats to all involved.
    Don't forget it was the dream team of myself and Sawyer booking this show during this time when we destroyed A.R. in quality week in and week out

Late response but you guys can get over it for a vet like this guy >,>

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status

The TRO Award for Best PPV of the Year goes to:

Many entertaining PPV's in 2011, but none better than CWA Meltdown. On this show we saw Gang Stars become major players when they defeated the Brotherhood to become the Tag Team Champions of the World. We saw Christopher Jackson defeat Daren Storm to win the Continental Title in a brutal Street Fight match. We also witnessed a great contest for the vacant World title between Rolando and joey nicholas, which Rolando ended up winning

But all that paled in comparison to what we saw in the Main Event in the Royal Rumble Match. Roberto Superstar made his triumphant return to CWA during that match and was able to win by eliminating 7 people including Chubby Carlos, who also returned in this match. Oh and let's not forget about the ultimate Pain and his return at the end of that match.

Cult of Personality
    Sawyer

Status

And last, but certainly not least:

The TRO Award for Superstar of the Year goes to:

No one in recent memory has been a more dominating champion than PNH's own, Mr. Showtime. The man of 1000 nicknames has beaten everyone he stepped foot inside the ring with, from Mr. Willis, to Clint Shepard, to NovaKain, to even the Ultimate Pain.

Francis Alexander Showalter won the World Title at Five Star Attraction when High Voltage was still part of CWA and except for a couple of months during the summer where he lost the Title Willis, he held the Title for about 10 months in 2011.

At PNH "No Remorse" PPV he lost the Title to Rookie Sensation, Surge, but we have no doubts that Mr. Showtime will do everything in his powers to regain it.

We here at Top Rope Observer couldn't be more proud to present the award for Wrestler of the Year to the Greatest Show on Earth, Mr. Showtime.

One Bad Ass Assassin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Don't forget it was the dream team of myself and Sawyer booking this show during this time when we destroyed A.R. in quality week in and week out

Late response but you guys can get over it for a vet like this guy >,>
    I was apart of this too!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information