Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADR. Ricardo. Split. NOW.

Curtain Jerker

Status

ADR. Ricardo. Split. NOW.

Granted, I've posted different variations on the same theme. But seeing as how Ricardo is over and ADR is struggling right now, a split needs to happen. Sooner rather than later.

It could go either of 2 ways. Ricardo stays a heel manager and starts a stable without ADR, or Ricardo turns face and starts tearing ass in the ring, like he should have been doing from the start. At this point the bookers have turned Ricardo into comedy relief, and for him to be effective he needs to get edgy. But as long as he doesn't have the look Vince likes, no way in hell will he get pushed as a serious competitor.

As for ADR, send him to the midcard for a stretch until he redeems himself and becomes relevant again. Then, maybe, ADR vs. Ricardo somewhere down the road.

Your thoughts?

Tommy Got Hacked

Re: ADR. Ricardo. Split. NOW.

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

FUNKASAURUS

Status
      Country                    uk_scotland=Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Rage View Post
    Thoughts = the same as the last time this was posted.

They work brilliantly as a pair. Ricardo wouldn't survive on his own and it would only take away from Del Rio's character and aura.

I don't know why whenever WWE have something good going, people try to come up with ways to change it. If it ain't broke don't fix it. The two are perfect together.
    Exactly this. The two work really well together, and shouldn't be split up just for the sake of it. That would totally detract from both of their persona's, and could actually ruin both of them. Not a smart move. For anyone.
    RAGGIE's BACK!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With the cold winds of the North came the fury of Ragnar

WAKE UP

Status

If Ricardo is over and ADR isn't, why on Earth would you split them? A manager getting over at the expense of an actual in-ring talent (and one who is a main-eventer at that) is just dumb and bad business.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

No, keep them together. If anything I think they should increase Ricardo's role. Have him help Alberto Del Rio in matches more, that can get him wins against Cena and Punk without hurting them.

The Uncommon One

Status
      Country                    pl=Poland

Do you guys watch FCW? Alberto is Ricardo's employee.

I can't post the link to the video (my post count must be 15 to do so, lol) so just type this on YouTube : ''FCW Interview with The Ascension''

I don't know if they're going to use this storyline in the WWE but they definitely should.

A Big Ball of fuNNN

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Just like last time, there is still no reason they should split.

Indy Talent

Status

I'd still like them to do a remake of the Cisco Kid; with ADR as Cisco and Alberto as Poncho.

Rawbar
    aka
    Christa

Quote Originally Posted by rickyrodslady7 View Post
    Granted, I've posted different variations on the same theme. But seeing as how Ricardo is over and ADR is struggling right now, a split needs to happen. Sooner rather than later.
    Why? Why does a split need to happen? What good would it do? What would Ricardo do without Del Rio?

Ricardo is absolutely an amazing announcer. He blows everyone in the WWE away. It brings a tear to my eye that the WWE is bringing Lillian Garcia to announce Smackdown while Ricardo only does one intro per week. However, being such a great announcer also makes him terribly one dimensional. What does Ricardo have to offer besides being an announcer? Unless he puts Daniel Bryan to shame, him being a decent wrestler doesn't mean anything. The WWE is already loaded with decent wrestlers that they're not doing anything with. Look at Alex Riley. As The Miz's lackey, he was effective in his job. By himself, he's a passable in-ring worker. Yet, since he's been on his own, he's now a nobody who's stuck in Superstars/NXT purgatory with Drew McIntyre, Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks.

The WWE doesn't need Ricardo in any sort of role unless he's amazing. The one role he's amazing at is being Alberto Del Rio's announcer. If you take Ricardo away from Del Rio, you're practically signing Ricardo's eventual pink slip yourself.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    de=Germany

Well, the history of managers who are way more over than the actual talent is pretty long, and that was maybe one of the reasons why WWE hasn't used managers a lot over the last few years (because managers don't sell merchandising).

In my opinion, the character development of Del Rio has pretty much stagnated since he cashed in the briefcase for his first title win. When he pinned Punk who was almost a God at that time, you'd expect that his heat would rise even more but due to him losing to Cena, he lost pretty much all of the steam going forward. This won't be an easy road to recovery, since the damage down has been too much for a more or less newcomer to WWE.

Anyone realized that Cena pretty much buried Sheamus, Del Rio and the whole Nexus in a matter of 15 months? I wonder if it's worth to feed 9 guys to the guy if his elevation success list over his WWE years is just as short as: Rob Van Dam and CM Punk.

Free Agent

Status

They should not split them. Of course not. I am up for giving Ricardo more to do. I would like to see him show up on Smackdown as well. Put him as manager/ring announcer for the Latin Freebirds. Have him just show up backstage on SD one week and approach Hunico and Co. Have him tell them that Alberto Del Rio enjoys their work and would like to offer his assistance to them (in the form of money and Ricardo). Ricardo could announce them and act as a manager. Just have him do for them what he does for ADR. From time to time, have ADR, Ricardo and the Latin Freebirds interact on SuperShows. They could assist ADR in matches and situations, while ADR lends them Ricardo's services on SmackDown. Have Ricardo do double duty.

FUNKASAURUS

Status
      Country                    uk_scotland=Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Monsoon View Post
    They should not split them. Of course not. I am up for giving Ricardo more to do. I would like to see him show up on Smackdown as well. Put him as manager/ring announcer for the Latin Freebirds. Have him just show up backstage on SD one week and approach Hunico and Co. Have him tell them that Alberto Del Rio enjoys their work and would like to offer his assistance to them (in the form of money and Ricardo). Ricardo could announce them and act as a manager. Just have him do for them what he does for ADR. From time to time, have ADR, Ricardo and the Latin Freebirds interact on SuperShows. They could assist ADR in matches and situations, while ADR lends them Ricardo's services on SmackDown. Have Ricardo do double duty.
    That is a really good idea. Giving Ricardo more to do wouldn't be a bad thing at all, he is a great annoucer and a good manager, and to see him a bit more regularly, especially with the Freebirds, could be a lot of fun!
    RAGGIE's BACK!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With the cold winds of the North came the fury of Ragnar

Tommy Got Hacked

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States
    Not sure if this has been addressed as I just browsed the replies but I think the main problem with the ADR and Rodriguez is that ADR is meant to play the heel and Rodriguez consistently comes off as a babyface you feel bad for. He doesn't do anything sinister to back up ADR.

It also doesn't help that the sidekick is likely more popular than main attraction.

Status

Ricardo's really the only part of ADR's act that the fans care about. Without Ricardo, I'm afraid ADR would sink back down to upper mid-card obscurity.

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Not sure if this has been addressed as I just browsed the replies but I think the main problem with the ADR and Rodriguez is that ADR is meant to play the heel and Rodriguez consistently comes off as a babyface you feel bad for. He doesn't do anything sinister to back up ADR.

It also doesn't help that the sidekick is likely more popular than main attraction.
    Ummmmm Ricardo interferes and helps Del Rio cheat all the time. He's not a babyface at all. He's a weasel.

Tommy Got Hacked

Free Agent

Status

Ricardo is the Virgil to ADR's Million Dollar Man in many ways. When the time is right (and it's not right yet), then you have ADR verbally and physically abuse Ricardo more. Eventually Ricardo gets fed-up and fights back (babyface turn). That will eventually happen, but wont and shouldn't happen for a very long time.

Belgian Champion

Status
      Country                    Belgium

I think they're slowly building it up after Sunday but i'm afraid that after the feud with Del Rio Ricardo will fade away in the mid card section. Just look at Alex Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Monsoon View Post
    Ricardo is the Virgil to ADR's Million Dollar Man in many ways. When the time is right (and it's not right yet), then you have ADR verbally and physically abuse Ricardo more. Eventually Ricardo gets fed-up and fights back (babyface turn). That will eventually happen, but wont and shouldn't happen for a very long time.
    Which is a scary position to be in if you're the lackey. Once his feud with Ted DiBiase ended, Virgil ended up just being a JTTS. After the Miz feud, Alex Riley became Mr. Superstars.

Even though those initial few months after the break-up with be great for Ricardo, I don't have a lot of faith that he'd remain a star. There's always a reason why Ted DiBiase was the star and Virgil just the bodyguard. Same probably applies with Del Rio and Ricardo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information