Thread: WWE Survivor Series 2011 - The Rock and John Cena vs. Awesome Truth

WWE Survivor Series 2011 - The Rock and John Cena vs. Awesome Truth

John Cena & The Rock vs. The Miz & R-Truth
    October 31, 2011
    Tags: Survivor Series 2011, John Cena, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Finally, The Rock has come back to Survivor Series!

Returning to the event where he made his WWE debut 15 years ago, The Great One will team with his WrestleMania XXVIII opponent John Cena to take on the devious pairing of The Miz & R-Truth in the same arena where The Brahma Bull had both his first and last match — Madison Square Garden.

Never before have the Cenation leader and The People’s Champion joined forces. Never again will it happen.

It’s an unexpected alliance that came about on the Oct. 24 edition of WWE’s Raw SuperShow when Interim Raw General Manager John Laurinaitis informed Cena that he would challenge The “Awesome Truth” at Survivor Series with a partner of his choosing. Realizing the Superstar in his corner would have to be able to “bring it” in order to take down the vicious duo, Cena chose a competitor he may not like, but he damn sure respects — The Rock.

One week later, The People’s Champion accepted his rival’s offer to unite against a common enemy, creating what is surely the most charismatic tag team in WWE history. Together, the opponents will attempt to work as one to stop a team that has attempted to tear WWE apart. But will the shaky union be able to withstand one of the most menacing forces in all of WWE?

It’s one of the many questions on the minds of WWE fans as The Brahma Bull prepares to step in the squared circle for the first time since WrestleMania XX in 2004. Will The Great One still be able to lay the smack down like he did when Limp Bizkit was popular? Can The People’s Champion and the Cenation leader coexist? Can The “Awesome Truth” be stopped?

As wicked as they may be, The Miz & R-Truth have been able to operate as a cohesive unit in order to take down heavy hitters like CM Punk, Triple H and Cena himself. With victories over teams like WWE Tag Team Champions Air Boom, The “Awesome Truth” have proven that they’re a dominant duo. John Cena & The Rock have proven nothing as a team.

It’s a familiar position for the former WWE Champions — their abilities in doubt, their partnership in question. They may be two of the biggest Superstars in WWE history, but they will be the underdogs going into Survivor Series on Nov. 20.

And we’re guessing John Cena & The Rock wouldn’t have it any other way.
    A waste of the Rock? I imagine Rock will be able to put on a great performance since he was always more of a showman than in-ring worker. I suppose this is one way to make me interested in seeing a John Cena match

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: WWE Survivor Series 2011 - The Rock and John Cena vs. Awesome Truth

I am really glad they involved The Miz in Rock's big return match, even if they don't mention the stuff from earlier in the year, but it does feel like things have come full circle since his return. I'm looking forward to this loads though, simply for the Rock but Truth and Miz are just fodder and a pair of goons.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

RISE ABOVE HAT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Rage View Post
    Don't see how it's a waste of The Rock at all. Just being involved in such a huge match is good for Miz/Truth but really it's all about Rock and this uneasy alliance with Cena ahead of their Mania match. Obviously I can't wait to see The Rock in a WWE ring again. Should be an amazing moment.

So, who is turning on who? Going to go with Cena on Rock since Rock screwed Cena at Mania.
    I disagree completely. Had WWE spent the last few months having Miz/Truth run rampant through everybody, terrorize main eventers, and look like unstoppable badasses it would be great. But with the way they are booked, if they get ANYTHING on the Rock it will bring him down to their level rather than bringing them up to The Rock's. The Rock is WWE's WrestleMania meal ticket, and anything other than Rock being there to get the hot tag when Cena is in trouble and decimating everybody with his key moves will hurt The Rock.

It's a catch 22. Because they have been booked so weak, it's in WWE's best interest for them to come off as weak at Survivor Series which in the end hurts them even more. The Rock needs to seem as special as possible, going toe to toe and struggling to overcome adversity against two weak heels doesn't accomplish that.
    lol?

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    ca=Canada

I think this match will be pretty interesting to see...... I picture The Rock and Cena trying to out-muscle each other then Miz and Truth trying to take advantage of that if they aren't to beaten up. i think Rocky and Cena may turn on each other in the end but I think they will make a pretty uplifting tag-team while it lasts. The other match I'm looking forward to, I always look forward to it.... the Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team match! I can't wait to see who is in it and how the match plays out.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.
    Last edited by Tommy Got Hacked; 11-02-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Thread Information