Thread: WWE Vengeance 2011 - WWE Divas Champions Beth Phoenix vs Eve

WWE Vengeance 2011 - WWE Divas Champions Beth Phoenix vs Eve

Divas Champion Beth Phoenix vs. Eve
    By: Kevin Powers October 17, 2011
    Tags: Vengeance 2011, Eve, Beth Phoenix

Eve has been at Kelly Kelly’s side for months, helping the blonde bombshell fend off Divas Champion Beth Phoenix and Natalya. However, after weeks of watching fellow Divas suffer excruciating pain due to the pin-up strong Divas’ unique submission maneuver, Eve will have her chance to lock up with The Glamazon at Vengeance.

Recently named No. 1 contender to the Divas Title, Eve is focused on netting the “Butterfly” for the third time, as well as defending the honor of her fellow Divas. While Kelly Kelly’s new attitude has shown off a more aggressive side to the blonde bombshell, she was unable to recapture the Divas Title. This opened up an opportunity for Eve, and she immediately sent a message to The Glamazon with a convincing victory over Natalya on WWE Raw SuperShow.

Utilizing a unique submission maneuver, Beth and Natalya have been seemingly taking pleasure in hearing the agonizing screams of their opponents including Alicia Fox and Kelly Kelly. But The Glamazon will certainly have her work cut out for her inside the AT&T Center in San Antonio when she squares off with Eve. A student of Gracie jiu-jitsu, Eve is an agile competitor inside the ring and has a wide array of abilities to keep the Divas Champion against the ropes. While The Glamazon is known for her strength and sheer power, Eve’s skills and style may indeed be the perfect counter.

While the Divas Champion will have Natalya lurking at ringside, Eve will most certainly be accompanied by the enraged Kelly Kelly. This contest could prove to be one of the most competitive of the pay-per-view event, or it will simply deteriorate into an all-out brawl? Can Eve end the reign of The Glamazon and net the butterfly emblazoned title for the third time? Tune in to Vengeance this Sunday at 8 ET/5 PT, live on pay-per-view.
    After three straight PPV matches against Kelly Kelly, Beth finally gets to wrestle someone new.

Cider 'I' Up

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE Vengeance 2011 - WWE Divas Title Match

Really digging Beth as champion at the moment even though Eve is good still can't see past Beth winning maybe an interference from Natalia would spice some things up.

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Since when was Eve good?

She had a decent character just before WWE ruined her by partnering her up with R-Truth, then her dancing (and association with Truth) plummeted her into the deep, dark pit that is Diva's no-"womans" land. Since then she's done little to nothing of any worth and simply been Kelly's lackey...

And I'm not even gonna start on her horrific in-ring skills.

If Beth doesn't destroy her (without interference) then this match is pointless. What did she even do to earn a shot at the title, other than be Kelly's buddy?

Runaway Train.

Status

Obviously something of worth needs to happen here. Otherwise this would fall back into the norm of pretty much being a 'nothing' match.

It's also Beth's first title defense. She's going over one way or another.
    Last edited by Neon; 10-18-2011 at 10:07 PM.
    I am here to stir things up. I'm here to make Friday Night SmackDown! the Monday Night RAW of Friday nights!

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Re: WWE Vengeance 2011 - WWE Divas Champions Beth Phoenix vs Eve

It's her second defence.

She face Kelly Kelly in her rematch on SmackDown last week.

This is a nothing match; Eve's a nobody.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

MR WRESTLEMANIA

Status
      Country                    England

Natalya is probably going to get sick of being nothing but Beth's lackey at some point in the future, perhaps they can draw it out until Wrestlemania and we might have a great match on our hands then.

But for now, I'm all in favour of switching the challenger up a little and having Eve have a shot at Beth, easy retention though for the Glamazon.

Tommy Got Hacked

Stud Muffin

Status
      Country                    United States

Eve AND Kelly are atrocious in the ring. I mean downright terrible. Beth looks awkward even selling for them. This match is a great indicator of what is wrong with the divas division. Beth SHOULD squash the **** out of Eve, but its going to go 3-5 minutes and Beth will barely pull out the win. Ass backwards booking. Beth should be booked much more dominant that she has been.

Also THIS is how she should dress in the ring. That is super hot as opposed to her corny regular ringwear. (imo)
    http://twitter.com/#!/TheBethPhoenix....com%2F18nbwsj
    Last edited by DD; 10-23-2011 at 09:11 AM.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

This storyline lost appeal when Beth lost in her hometown to Kelly only the win the title 2 weeks(?) later on PPV. Plus like you guys mentioned why Natayla has done nothing or worth throughout is strange but yeah guess WWE want to have her turn on Beth sooner or later. Both should have been booked more dominent but in a sense it just seems like they wanted to use the good divas to just make the bad ones look good. Shame but end of the day Eve & Kelly are more popular so they will get pushed more.

Just hope WWE don't make Eve win this.

Free Agent

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I agree. I like her new ring gear, but the more skin Beth shows, the better.

As for this match, I have a bad feeling Eve is going to win. I hope I'm wrong, as Beth needs some more successful title defenses under her belt.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Rage View Post
    Criticise Eve all you want, but she's much much better than Kelly in every area. She's a better wrestler (not great but not embarassing like Kelly) she's more charismatic, she's better looking, and most important of all, she's actually LIKABLE. Kelly is the most unlikable face I can remember, and only ever gets any sort of a pop because she's a hot blonde who wears very little.

Obviously this isn't an interesting match or anything, because WWE don't take the divas particularly seriously, but no Kelly is a positive for me (even though she'll likely be in Eve's corner) and at least Beth and Natalya are finally getting used. This will be a short match with Beth retaining though I imagine. Wonder if this is all leading to Beth vs Natalya?

Anyway, my main point is that Eve > Kelly, and it's not close.
    How is Eve prettier or better in ring? Seriously... I'm actually baffled.

The only other thing I can think of other than Beth vs Natalya is the return of Kharma after pregnancy, but she's going to be gone a lot longer I assume and I can't see WWE dragging out a diva angle that long. Plus you're right, it wouldn't really make sense for Natalya to be happy being Beth's lackey all that time. Sooner or later she'd get jealous of standing by Beth's side watching her carry the title when she has the skills to do so herself.
    You've been back for twenty-four hours and you're already stealing my ideas and passing them off as yours.

Also THIS is how she should dress in the ring. That is super hot as opposed to her corny regular ringwear. (imo)
    http://twitter.com/#!/TheBethPhoenix/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyfrog.com%2F18nbwsj
    Beth couldn't wrestle in that...

I'd have to sleep straight after the match.

Tommy Got Hacked

Sweet Meat

Status

But if she did... damn.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I don't think Eve's that bad, not by WWE divas standards at least. She's had some okay matches in the past. I think this match will likely be good, especially since Beth is on a roll of good PPV performances (against KK no less).

As for Kelly, she's over and she's the one that people care most about, so it's understandable why she got such a push over the summer. She's definitely awful in the ring though.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

How isn't she Raiz? Looks are personal opinion and rather irrelevant here, but in the ring? Kelly is absolutely embarassing in everything she does, whereas Eve is just ok. Kelly's laughable screaming while barely touching her opponent alone makes her worse than Eve. I don't really see how anybody could be baffled by saying somebody (even Eve) is better than Kelly. She is absolutely the worst diva in history, both in terms of wrestling and personality (Ok maybe there have been worse wrestlers I don't recall, but as a total package, Kelly is the worst).

I know DD probably wasn't serious, but Beth is not supposed to be a sex symbol, as the current angle shows. So she would never wear something like that.
    We'll put it down to personal preference. While Kelly is no in-ring Goddess, I prefer what she does (when she's not wailing like a moron) to what Eve does.

As for Beth (and Nattie by proxy) the "pin-up strong" mantra, by definition is about being exactly that; a pin-up and strong. Sexy and strong. Hence why they both wear more make-up and revealing clothing these days. The idea being; "Why would you want to watch Kelly Kelly not wrestle Eve well just cos she's cute, when you've got the total package in Nattie and Beth"?

Thread Information